First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Attention Internet.
Posted 3/10/09
To me, this is quite important. To both users and non-users of Norton Antivirus software. Recently a few of you may have had a popup saying that 'pifts.exe' wants to access the internet and asks for your permission.

Pifts.exe seems to be attempting to contact a server in Africa and so far it is known that it reads and records your internet browsing history. When Symantec customers posted on the forums asking about it the posts were removed and the users were banned. Banning their own customers is a little strange, just what are they trying to cover up?

Virtually no information is available on pifts.exe on the internet and when something appears the website is immediately removed. Even Digg went down for several hours for posting about it. Furthermore, when I run a Google search for 'pifts.exe' it says there are around 300,000 results but the search has been tampered with as only two pages show.

A few moments ago the Symantec website went down for 'maintenance' and when it came back up all of the pifts posts were removed and the word 'pifts' was banned from the website.

Also, one person contributed this:

PIFTS

Public Internet and File Tracking System

It goes offshore because there's no law forbidding sending it to foreign governments. If governments want to spy on their own citizens, it is normal for them to have foreigners do it in order to get around normal restrictions about spying on their own people.

This is why there have been reports of the file sending data to Africa.


Tinfoil hats on guys and girls. We've got a conspiracy on our hands.

If anyone wants more info I have several websites discussing it and giving updates when they happen.

Discuss.
18989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 3/10/09 , edited 3/10/09
1. Never accept anything from the internet.
2. You are not the 1millionth visitor so don't claim anything
3. Norton anti-virus, don't use it. Kaspersky, Avira, Nod32, AVG or Avast does better work.
4. .EXE is never porn so don't download it.

Also,
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
This is the truth. It's very frightening to think about what people out there might be putting into their software. It's corruption at it's greatest. Honestly, monitoring us?

There are people saying that this is a joke and just something cooked up by a bunch of scheming kids, but I want to know how do some scheming kids get Google to pull so many pages of information? You think that Google would be right on top of that and have fixed it almost immediately if someone had. They have enough people in their employment!
3776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!
Posted 3/10/09

Kerensa wrote:

TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!


Learn to internet.
3776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

Psyence87 wrote:


Kerensa wrote:

TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!


Learn to internet.


No, you learn the internet.
Posted 3/10/09
.... so what is it ?? o.O

evil or good??
Posted 3/10/09

Baka-Master wrote:

.... so what is it ?? o.O

evil or good??


Apparently it records information on everything you search for and sends it to the government so they can spy on people. You do the maths.
Posted 3/10/09 , edited 3/10/09

Psyence87 wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:

.... so what is it ?? o.O

evil or good??


Apparently it records information on everything you search for and sends it to the government so they can spy on people. You do the maths.


~.~

huh ?

i thought you people already knew that o.O

someone made a thread about it, i thought it was ATHL ? =o

something with that the Government from America will ''check'' what you're doing on the internet o.O
for the safety from ''civilians'' and to detect spambots and stuff
Posted 3/10/09

Baka-Master wrote:


Psyence87 wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:

.... so what is it ?? o.O

evil or good??


Apparently it records information on everything you search for and sends it to the government so they can spy on people. You do the maths.


~.~

huh ?

i thought you people already knew that o.O

someone made a thread about it, i thought it was ATHL ? =o

something with that the Government from America will ''check'' what you're doing on the internet o.O
for the safety from ''civilians'' and to detect spambots and stuff


Just stop typing. Seriously.

This is a thread informing people that use Norton of a malicious file that they can avoid by not accepting it.
Posted 3/10/09

Psyence87 wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


Psyence87 wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:

.... so what is it ?? o.O

evil or good??


Apparently it records information on everything you search for and sends it to the government so they can spy on people. You do the maths.


~.~

huh ?

i thought you people already knew that o.O

someone made a thread about it, i thought it was ATHL ? =o

something with that the Government from America will ''check'' what you're doing on the internet o.O
for the safety from ''civilians'' and to detect spambots and stuff


Just stop typing. Seriously.

This is a thread informing people that use Norton of a malicious file that they can avoid by not accepting it.


ahh well

~.~

still need to work moar on my enrish -_-
Posted 3/10/09

Kerensa wrote:

TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!


Hahaha awwww ^___^
3776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

Okazu606 wrote:


Kerensa wrote:

TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!


Hahaha awwww ^___^


I know. I'm incredibly adorable and all around a wonderful person to look at in real life and read in all forms of the internet. I'm also very modest, and generous and a bit of a joker.
Posted 3/10/09

Kerensa wrote:


Okazu606 wrote:


Kerensa wrote:

TY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THEM TO BAN CRUNCHY ROLL NOW TOO BECAUSE YOU SPOKE OF IT!


Hahaha awwww ^___^


I know. I'm incredibly adorable and all around a wonderful person to look at in real life and read in all forms of the internet. I'm also very modest, and generous and a bit of a joker.


Uhm... >_>

53940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
Norton sucks, AVG's/'Zone Alarm/Avast better

So PIFT.EXE is a tracker that records info on everything you search, and send it to the government in Africa...

Damn, they're gonna find out my true personality and hobbies!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.