First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Anime Membership 2 Week FREE Trial now available!
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

Kiyota-meh wrote:

If there wasnt the varification, using credit card (or whatever) then it would be easy to take advantage of it and just create new accounts every time the free trail runs out and add it to the new account... creating a loop hole in the payment


Yeah thats true, but it kinda sucks for people who don't have credit cards. It would be easier if there was just some rule that said you had to be a cr member for a specific amount of time before being eligible for a free anime membership trial.

And I think it'd be reasonable if people who are doing the free trial would be sent a notification of some sort that told them their free trial was almost finished.
12194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
nice idea shinji! we've all have great hopes and expectations from your site, you havnt let us down yet :).
15764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
B.C., Canada
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
when does the offer end? i want to make sure it lasts through my spring break.
13015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
I have the membership and it is well worth the money I spent. 720P is a lot better than 480.
PERTU 
48065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Québec
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

shinji wrote:

You also get access to some Members-only videos, like the original Naruto (non-Shippuden) series.


I can see that episode 12 was the last episode of Naruto added and it was almost a month ago. On the launch calendar for March and April there is no date for other episodes of Naruto.

Do you plan to add the rest of the Naruto series soon?

Thanks,
Olivier.
11124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas, United...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

BlackMagic98 wrote:


Kiyota-meh wrote:

If there wasnt the varification, using credit card (or whatever) then it would be easy to take advantage of it and just create new accounts every time the free trail runs out and add it to the new account... creating a loop hole in the payment


Yeah thats true, but it kinda sucks for people who don't have credit cards. It would be easier if there was just some rule that said you had to be a cr member for a specific amount of time before being eligible for a free anime membership trial.

And I think it'd be reasonable if people who are doing the free trial would be sent a notification of some sort that told them their free trial was almost finished.


The ones who don't have credit cards or paypal can...well, always ask their parents!
23906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
oh nice! good idea shinji been telling my friend to get a membership, I guess this one will help her alot... i mean, she'll notice the difference >.< lol and im pretty sure she'll sign up for it too. I hook my laptop with my TV and OMG! its like watching anime from a cable! XD
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09


Lol like that'll ever happen. My parents will assume that you have to pay for it, so they'll refuse. And even if they understand that its free, they'll never do it anyway.
3328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Goldenrod City, J...
Online
Posted 3/10/09
I'm not going to do it because of how it ends, and I don't have a working credit card. Sorry.
11124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas, United...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

BlackMagic98 wrote:



Lol like that'll ever happen. My parents will assume that you have to pay for it, so they'll refuse. And even if they understand that its free, they'll never do it anyway.


I feel bad for the ones who are thinking about doing it and may end up getting in trouble.

No, I'm not trying to discourage any of you from asking your parents. I am encouraging you. Seriously! I mean, if any of you who ask your parents to do that & you ... "forget" ... to tell them that they need to cancel & they end up getting that credit card charge, please (!) videotape your parent's classic reaction & be sure to post it on CR when you come back 1-6 months later after being grounded.

It would tell us all where you've been. =Þ
8949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
if someone is sooooo irresponsible to "forget" a two week duration its unlikely their parents will sign them up to begin with!

but i'm kind of curious how this affects members who already do pay?

something tells me its unlikely that the renewal dates will be put back by two weeks.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / Switzerland
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
Hmm, I tried to get this free membership and I have a credit card too, but somehow I can't get threw the address page
Every time I fill the address page and push the continue button it puts me back to the same page again.
11124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas, United...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
I doubt it has any effect at all. Apparently, it said to me that I am not "eligible". Pfft. I guess I'm not special enough for it.

Oh, and about the parent thing - you never know..kids can make up the most convincing stories. Many of them just fail to be as convincing when that big black belt of death comes off the parent's waist.

I'm going to shut up now, because I don't think I'm in any way helping the ones who don't have any credit cards. Haha.
Administrator
shinji 
161104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

Ria_ch wrote:

Hmm, I tried to get this free membership and I have a credit card too, but somehow I can't get threw the address page
Every time I fill the address page and push the continue button it puts me back to the same page again.

Hmm weird =*( Maybe try clearing your cookies and logging out and back in? =/ Are u also on a router that switches between a bunch of different ip addresses?
3075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
Not only will it help the Japanese companies with their anime it will benefit us from actually watching our favorite anime on time just like watching a regular t.v show


AWESOME!!!! I Ttruly love and will cont to pay monthly for this.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.