First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
No Oricon #1 for DBSK
3316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ~g00d oL' eNgLaNd~
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

Yei wrote:


Robo-Bot wrote:


Yei wrote:


Robo-Bot wrote:

to me .. Kat-tun isn't all that great to be selling so much CD's ..



.. no offense ..


Well it really isn't about greatness or talent, or even the quality of the music itself, it's about the image and getting fangirls obsessed and devoted (i.e. JE formula)


I guess it's just me, but they still don't even look that great to be garnering all these sales ... even with the infamous "JE formula"



No it's not just you, I don't think they're that great looking either. Junno is the only one I sort of like, Kame and Jin used to be cute, but not anymore. Even if DBSK looked worse, their music and acapella is amazing quality and not "manufactured" like Kat-Tun. But it's nice they are incredibly good looking too


Personally, i don't think KAT-TUN is visually attractive exept for Junno & Jin occasionally. Music-wise, they're very weak in my opinion...dbsk would be #1 if not for the JE formula and if the charts were actually based on purely TALENT not POPULARITY among screaming fangirls.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

yEnZErr wrote:

Personally, i don't think KAT-TUN is visually attractive exept for Junno & Jin occasionally. Music-wise, they're very weak in my opinion...dbsk would be #1 if not for the JE formula and if the charts were actually based on purely TALENT not POPULARITY among screaming fangirls.


That's exactly what I think

The only group I really like from JE is NEWS.
3316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ~g00d oL' eNgLaNd~
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

Yei wrote:


yEnZErr wrote:

Personally, i don't think KAT-TUN is visually attractive exept for Junno & Jin occasionally. Music-wise, they're very weak in my opinion...dbsk would be #1 if not for the JE formula and if the charts were actually based on purely TALENT not POPULARITY among screaming fangirls.


That's exactly what I think

The only group I really like from JE is NEWS.


hey same!!
but the only ppl i like in NEWS is Yamapi, Tegoshi and ocassionally, Ryo.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/11/09 , edited 3/11/09

yEnZErr wrote:


Yei wrote:


yEnZErr wrote:

Personally, i don't think KAT-TUN is visually attractive exept for Junno & Jin occasionally. Music-wise, they're very weak in my opinion...dbsk would be #1 if not for the JE formula and if the charts were actually based on purely TALENT not POPULARITY among screaming fangirls.


That's exactly what I think

The only group I really like from JE is NEWS.


hey same!!
but the only ppl i like in NEWS is Yamapi, Tegoshi and ocassionally, Ryo.


I like Yamapi and Ryo the most (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8gOzujgII), but the rest of NEWS is great too (except for Massu).
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Living in the US...
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
well. like you said, it is pretty tough competition
trying to beat Kattun and Arashi on their on battle
ground. but 3rd is still good! :]] dbsk hwaiting!
18150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / EARTH
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
Okay no need to add who`s better & stuff cause of the sales
As a fan of both Groups for many years so i cant go bias here but to be fair: you Shouldn`t Judge cause of what they did in the past ! Judge the Current single only
Survivor isn't a great song nor single (Even the MV is Cheap ] i prefer their other songs really (but i don't hate it )
on the other Hand Rescue is a lovely single since its different yet you can hear the improvement & even the MV which some might say is Dark yet its cool & i like it a lot
anyway both are in the top of the charts so other than bashing you should be proud of your band cause both of them did their best for the fans
4902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Shah Alam, Selangor
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
Whatever happens, I don't care, DBSK is the #1
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 3/11/09 , edited 3/11/09
What do u expect there're competing with a not so good song. If they did a song like mirotic they'll prob be #2.

Plus I wanna know what would happen if it's dbsk vs. News, heard the latter group doesn't do as well as kattun.
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
aw. But then again KAT-TUN is jap........dbsk isnt.
Posted 3/11/09
i'm pretty surprised cuz THSK usually gets top in the charts but i bet when the "secret code'" album comes out it will get high ratings

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

mia_chan88 wrote:

Okay no need to add who`s better & stuff cause of the sales
As a fan of both Groups for many years so i cant go bias here but to be fair: you Shouldn`t Judge cause of what they did in the past ! Judge the Current single only
Survivor isn't a great song nor single (Even the MV is Cheap ] i prefer their other songs really (but i don't hate it )
on the other Hand Rescue is a lovely single since its different yet you can hear the improvement & even the MV which some might say is Dark yet its cool & i like it a lot
anyway both are in the top of the charts so other than bashing you should be proud of your band cause both of them did their best for the fans


I know this is because I was raised with US media, but Kat-Tun's song and MV didn't impress me at all. It's an okay song, but they always try too hard to be cool, with the english, rapping, beat boxing, random black dude dancing in the back ground, etc. I always cringe whenever they do stuff like that, especially in the beginning. It's better than alot of their other singles, but I don't think it's really that good.

Survivor is not TVXQ's best stuff, but l still like survivor better than Rescue, by far. I love it's deep meaning, just like like O's.
3545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
3rd isn't bad at all. pretty impressive for someone who didn't originate from Japan...
11691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
understandable, KAT-TUN and Arashi rules Japan.
with JE's help as well.
i love Jin <3
DBSK still have the largest fanbase.
but i really do like the song "Survivor" better.
13869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Xiah's Heart.
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
they've been number one in the oricon chart at least 5 times, they don't always have to get number one. not just in the oricon chart but all over asia, too. dbsk is number one in my heart, and thats enough for me.
529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / California!!!!
Offline
Posted 3/11/09 , edited 3/11/09
hmm...i actually like KAT-TUN better, but DBSK isnt bad...i just dont like them as much
they're both cool
cause they both have good songs and bad songs
but it doesnt matter, as long as they're trying...plus it's in Japan :P
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.