First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
No Oricon #1 for DBSK
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/12/09

ringo_seijin wrote:


raintown wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

yay! omedatou KAT-TUN! this is their 10th consecutive #1!


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


I totally disagree you & everyone else who say that DBSK are "more talented" than KAT-TUN! They are BOTH talented groups ok? They both are very different & unique in their own ways, both have talents, so is there even a need for comparisons here?

Yes, we all have different opinions & preferences, but I really don't see the need to compare these 2 groups.



really this is their 10th consecutive since they debut...is it true?



10th? i thought it's 9th?
but this number is still nothing compared to kinki kids. they still hold the record with a .... (i cant rmb) crazy number of consecutive number 1s.


9th was their "One Drop" single, so "Rescue" is their 10th.

And it's not surprising that Kinki Kids still has alot more #1 singles in comparison...I mean, Kinki Kids have been in the business for how long? About 12 years now, while KAT-TUN only about 3 years...but for KT to have 10 consecutive #1 in just 3 years is incredible, they're tied with NEWS now.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


Yeah, the talent part is pretty obvious, Bolero was really good and it made that very clear. I don't know why they didn't keep going with songs like that, songs like they had in Mirotic would be awesome. Maybe Avex has something to do with it...

But that still probably wouldn't even make a difference, since it`s not about talent.
Posted 3/12/09
^ "Talent part pretty obvious"...yes, maybe to you it is...you've learned about opinions, hope you haven't forgotten that lesson.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

scrystalz100 wrote:

^ "Talent part pretty obvious"...yes, maybe to you it is...you've learned about opinions, hope you haven't forgotten that lesson.


Yeah... we already settled the talent thing in the other topic. I hope you didn't forget.
Posted 3/12/09

raintown wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

yay! omedatou KAT-TUN! this is their 10th consecutive #1!


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


I totally disagree you & everyone else who say that DBSK are "more talented" than KAT-TUN! They are BOTH talented groups ok? They both are very different & unique in their own ways, both have talents, so is there even a need for comparisons here?

Yes, we all have different opinions & preferences, but I really don't see the need to compare these 2 groups.



really this is their 10th consecutive since they debut...is it true?



Yes...all their singles since their debut has been #1 on the oricon charts.
Posted 3/12/09

Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

^ "Talent part pretty obvious"...yes, maybe to you it is...you've learned about opinions, hope you haven't forgotten that lesson.


Yeah... we already settled the talent thing in the other topic. I hope you didn't forget.


oh I didn't forget that...it just seems more obvious that YOU could've forgotten it...your post says it all.

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

scrystalz100 wrote:


Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

^ "Talent part pretty obvious"...yes, maybe to you it is...you've learned about opinions, hope you haven't forgotten that lesson.


Yeah... we already settled the talent thing in the other topic. I hope you didn't forget.


oh I didn't forget that...it just seems more obvious that YOU could've forgotten it...your post says it all.



Seems like you've forgotten, or at least got it confused. Who is the better singer(s) is subjective. But vocal ability and skill, is not.

We went through this over and over in the end of the last topic and everyone agreed.
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/12/09

Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:


Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

^ "Talent part pretty obvious"...yes, maybe to you it is...you've learned about opinions, hope you haven't forgotten that lesson.


Yeah... we already settled the talent thing in the other topic. I hope you didn't forget.


oh I didn't forget that...it just seems more obvious that YOU could've forgotten it...your post says it all.



Seems like you've forgotten, or at least got it confused. Who is the better singer(s) is subjective. But vocal ability and skill, is not.

We went through this over and over in the end of the last topic and everyone agreed.


Me forgot or confused? Oh no dear, I was just referring to your first sentence, about the "Talent part is pretty obvious", it just sounded like you meant it as a "fact" that's all...perhaps you would like to change your choice of words in the future to avoid any confusions?

now now...there's no need to get serious here.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

scrystalz100 wrote:

Me forgot or confused? Oh no dear, I was just referring to your first sentence, about the "Talent part is pretty obvious", it just sounded like you meant it as a "fact" that's all...perhaps you would like to change your choice of words in the future to avoid any confusions?

now now...there's no need to get serious here.


Most people would think it's obvious that people with more vocal ability and skill are more talented and are better singers. But that's just generally speaking, sorry I can't always keep things in politically correct terms
Posted 3/12/09

Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

Me forgot or confused? Oh no dear, I was just referring to your first sentence, about the "Talent part is pretty obvious", it just sounded like you meant it as a "fact" that's all...perhaps you would like to change your choice of words in the future to avoid any confusions?

now now...there's no need to get serious here.


Most people would think it's obvious that people with more vocal ability and skill are more talented and are better singers. But that's just generally speaking, sorry I can't always keep things in politically correct terms


I would agree with you in that sense...but again, whether or not this applies to DBSK and KAT-TUN is subjective, like you have learned...ppl who have more 'vocal ability & skill are more talented', yes that's true...but is DBSK more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN? That remains subjective doesn't it?


Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/12/09

akimierie wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

yay! omedatou KAT-TUN! this is their 10th consecutive #1!


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


I totally disagree you & everyone else who say that DBSK are "more talented" than KAT-TUN! They are BOTH talented groups ok? They both are very different & unique in their own ways, both have talents, so is there even a need for comparisons here?

Yes, we all have different opinions & preferences, but I really don't see the need to compare these 2 groups.



Well since they are the topic and belong to the world of completion here I guess you CAN,also I know they are BOTH DIFFERENT GROUP I just find DBSK more versatile than KAT-TUN( I love KAT-TUN also especially UEDA he's damn good!) is there a need not necessarily but Just my opinion since I can say everything I want related to the topic.
.and I still stand on my opinion that they are more talented.



ok, you're right, you are entitled to your own opinions...

I'm just frustrated because I constantly come across comparisons with KAT-TUN & DBSK which I think are just pointless...wouldn't you feel the same way if you constantly have to face meaningless comparisons of your fav band with another? I hope you would at least understand how I feel.

But yes, everyone has the right to voice their opinions...you stand by your views, and I stand by mine too.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/12/09

scrystalz100 wrote:

I would agree with you in that sense...but again, whether or not this applies to DBSK and KAT-TUN is subjective, like you have learned...ppl who have more 'vocal ability & skill are more talented', yes that's true...but is DBSK more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN? That remains subjective doesn't it?


Well talent could be subjective because you can say talented in what sense (maybe you can be more talented in singing a certain way or whatever), vocal ability isn't. They can do acapellas in perfect harmony, it's like one person can jump higher than another. They are more skilled when it comes to vocal ability, but whoever is better is subjective.

I gtg to school now, btw, so byee
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/12/09

Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

I would agree with you in that sense...but again, whether or not this applies to DBSK and KAT-TUN is subjective, like you have learned...ppl who have more 'vocal ability & skill are more talented', yes that's true...but is DBSK more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN? That remains subjective doesn't it?


Well talent could be subjective because you can say talented in what sense (maybe you can be more talented in singing a certain way or whatever), vocal ability isn't. They can do acapellas in perfect harmony, it's like one person can jump higher than another. They are more skilled when it comes to vocal ability, but whoever is better is subjective.

I gtg to school now, btw, so byee


in your perspective, DBSK is still vocally more skilled, that's still an OPINION, it's subjective...no matter how you voice it out, you are still suggesting that DBSK are more vocally skilled...then you go on to say "but whoever is better is subjective"...do you just mean overall, who's better?

Yes, I agree DBSK are talented vocally, but when you compare them to KAT-TUN in the same sense, it's still a subjective argument...why? because when you compare them to another, it's still an OPINION. When you say that "DBSK are more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN", that's an OPINION, even if to you, it's "obvious" they are, it's still an opinion, because we all have different perspectives on things...some ppl may think KAT-TUN are more vocally talented, again, that's also an OPINION. I've actually also come across some ppl who also think "DBSK are not as vocally talented as they are given credit for", again, that's an OPINION. If you insist that DBSK are more vocally talented than KAT-TUN as a "fact", then you're basically implying that everyone else who think otherwise are wrong...this takes us back to square one.
I'm not trying to deny nor agree with your argument...in your PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE, DBSK are "obviously" more vocally skilled, I understand that, and I won't argue with you...and at the same time, I'm not trying to deny that either, because it's an OPINION, NOT a "fact".

The truth is, everyone has different perspectives on practically everything in life...in some ppl's perspectives, DBSK are amazingly talented...to others, they're not that great...same goes to KAT-TUN, some think they're very talented (I mean in any aspect), some think they're not...and that's why we all have different opinions. That's why all our views are subjective...even if someone says "DBSK are untalented", and is basically completely disagreeing with your views, that's still an OPINION, you can call that person "deaf" or "blind" for thinking that way, it doesn't matter, it's still an OPINION. So no matter which way you look at it, every perspective and view is subjective.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 3/12/09
u guys should stop competing over something stupid I'm sick of strolling through written nonsense.
9000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Country Homes
Offline
Posted 3/12/09
Argh, fan war again?

My answer would be,

Every single DBSK fan knows that they would not get number 1 on the charts. It’s expected.

Kat tun’s been around for 7 years and used to sell over one million, though their sales are dropping they are still one of the best selling artists in Japan. Even though the debut on 2006 but they already well known way before that....in 2002, KAT-TUN held their first concert that before the official's debut only a formation of kattun....so basically they are already on the business arena since 2002

Meanwhile, DBSK are foreigners, it doesn’t matter if they sing Jpop songs… they are still KOREAN and every single Japanese person who knows them views them as foreigners.

For them to even be third against such huge Jpop stars is quite a feat. They still have a long way to go but in Japan their popularity is rising by quite a lot… ask any Japanese , sure they knew who is TOHOSHINKI . As a foreigner they pretty did a good job.


So DBSK's fan u dun have to worry about such things...they already did their best as they can..well #5th consecutive is good enough for me as foreigner's artist in the land that full of NIPPON...beside they started in JAPAN as a new artist even thought at that time they are quite popular back at Korea...won a lot of award and stuffs...so gaining this kind of popularity on being the 3rd is like a lottery for them when head to head wit KATTUN.

So hopefully DBSK's fan will ignore all the comment that might hurt your feeling and at the same time trying not to hurt other fans too

Sorry if my words might sound harsh .
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.