First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
parents and children
1776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / ಠ_ಠ
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
as Khalil Gibran once said, 'Your children are not your children. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
i really appreciate the quote
because it is real, and can be seen nowadays, even on the old days
parents , oftentimes push children to achieve their goals that they have failed to achieve
which can lead to two things:
~the child is inspired and the child takes it as a challenge
~the child hates the parent for pushing too much and not supporting him in what he wants

children have their own talents and own dreams
parents shouldn't mix theirs.


the question is:
~do you feel that your parents are pushing you?
~if yes, how do you say so
if no,,, well you're a lucky child xDDD



i really wanted my parents to be proud. but i would like to do it the way i want. not having them to decide or whatever.
:| but they are pushing me to be the valedictorian
sadly, i second.
so now they're mad at me and they keep saying "how would you be a doctor/lawyer/engineer/etc. if you are always second!? you should study harder!!!!!!!!"
take note, with mad faces
OH COME ON, i want to be a photographer!
and i love art, not money
so i said "stfu and let me go along my way"
so, they deprived me from education.

btw, my mom didn't finish college and my dad has a high position in the company only because it is owned by our family
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
~do you feel that your parents are pushing you? yes
~if yes, how do you say so? cos i sed so jk

yes i am being pushed i wouldn't want to answer the second
Posted 3/11/09
In my situation, they're not really pushing me to be the 1st or whatever but they can't understand me most of the time.
Like, when I tell them that my teachers are not being fair and they don't teach us.
And I have even told them that I want to transfer to another school but they won't approve.
I love art too by the way.
Good luck to us~
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

35th wrote:

In my situation, they're not really pushing me to be the 1st or whatever but they can't understand me most of the time.
Like, when I tell them that my teachers are not being fair and they don't teach us.
And I have even told them that I want to transfer to another school but they won't approve.
I love art too by the way.
Good luck to us~


yes, gl to us!
oh my god
we almost have the same situation
so our school has passed accreditation week
but it was a long long long long long long time of preparation.
so the teachers trained themselves for the week
we had no teachers for almost two weeks then next week, Monday would be our exam
yes, they gave pointers but our lessons are way too complicated for self study.
so, i only got 86-88 on my exams
while i used to get perfect or almost perfect scores
so they saw the papers and went like
i explained but they didn't care
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
It's not just my parents.
It's my parent's friends... It's like I'm being forced not only to make my parents proud, but to make other parents envious that their child isn't as great as me. It's really annoying and puts on a lot of pressure. Why am I being forced to impress people I barely know? Those people have nothing to do with me and aren't my family. It just really gets on my nerves.
Posted 3/11/09
My parents push me, but that's only because they want me to be successful in life :|
Posted 3/11/09


really ?? o.O

it's like my parent's actually don't care about if i become ''successful'' so long i once in a week visit them when they're old

173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

Kippu wrote:

It's not just my parents.
It's my parent's friends... It's like I'm being forced not only to make my parents proud, but to make other parents envious that their child isn't as great as me. It's really annoying and puts on a lot of pressure. Why am I being forced to impress people I barely know? Those people have nothing to do with me and aren't my family. It just really gets on my nerves.


have you tried confronting them?
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

spazing_dragon wrote:

My parents push me, but that's only because they want me to be successful in life :|


wow. lucky you
btw i am also the topic creator
ok back to the reply
they push me because they have failed their dreams now, they are destroying mine
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

Baka-Master wrote:



really ?? o.O

it's like my parent's actually don't care about if i become ''successful'' so long i once in a week visit them when they're old




idk, i just think i won't find time w/ mine



do you want to visit them anyway?
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / next 2 u :)
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
~do you feel that your parents are pushing you? yes
~if yes, how do you say so:
with my grades, but i will be thankful someday ........ hope so
Posted 3/11/09

iVlRUS wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:



really ?? o.O

it's like my parent's actually don't care about if i become ''successful'' so long i once in a week visit them when they're old




idk, i just think i won't find time w/ mine



do you want to visit them anyway?


For now i don't even life with them, I'm staying by my aunt because it seems like they (referring to mah parents) can't ''take care'' of me :3
they're always working .__.

But yeah i think I would visit them once in a week ^_^

173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

cuteandsweet wrote:

~do you feel that your parents are pushing you? yes
~if yes, how do you say so:
with my grades, but i will be thankful someday ........ hope so


like, they're screaming or what?
or talking mildly
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

Baka-Master wrote:


iVlRUS wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:



really ?? o.O

it's like my parent's actually don't care about if i become ''successful'' so long i once in a week visit them when they're old




idk, i just think i won't find time w/ mine



do you want to visit them anyway?


For now i don't even life with them, I'm staying by my aunt because it seems like they (referring to mah parents) can't ''take care'' of me :3
they're always working .__.

But yeah i think I would visit them once in a week ^_^



oh such a goood boy
Posted 3/11/09
Sounds like the stereotypical Asian parent.
I've met and known many people in this situation.
I'm Chinese, and luckily, my parents are not pushy.
Although my parents may not like what I like, but they let me choose my path.
But I think they don't believe that I'll become successful and all that going down the art path lol
They DO try to hint what they want me to do though, like how my mom keeps mentioning architect as a profession whenever we talk about
my future career. It's just that they don't push it.

I actually WANTED to be a doctor when I was younger (Because I thought the stethoscope was fun lol) and I told my parents.
I bet you they were happy that I wanted to be one.
But then I started liking art and stuff and didn't want to be a doctor.
When I told them, they probably went "NOOOOOO!" inside their heads rofl.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.