First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
what are BB codes for?????
24102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / where no one can...
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
just like what the title said.....
what are BB codes for??
and oh... can you post it here???
Posted 3/14/09 , edited 3/14/09
Bulletin Board Code or BBCode is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards. It is also called forum codes.[citation needed] The available tags are usually indicated by rectangular brackets surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand, usually HTML or XHTML.

Purpose

BBCode was devised to provide a safer, easier and more limited way of allowing users to format their messages. Programmer convenience was certainly another factor, as BBCode is very simple to implement.[citation needed] Previously, many message boards allowed the users to include HTML formatting, a side effect of which was that malformed HTML could disrupt the page's layout, or HTML could be used to run JavaScript leading to XSS attacks. Some implementations of BBCode have suffered problems related to the way they translate the BBCode into HTML, which could negate the security that was intended to be given by BBCode. An alternative is a properly written HTML filter (many of which are freely available).

Although the basic tags of BBCode are similar in most internet forum software, there is currently no standards document for BBCode and there are consequently many incompatible variants. Some variants are case-sensitive while others are not. Some variants have tags which highlight the formatting of HTML, ASP, PHP, SQL and other markup languages and programming languages.

To find out more about it click this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Anyway, you could have just searched for it instead of making this thread.
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
google.com
Posted 3/14/09
www.crunchyroll.com/nuke follow these orders written there and you'll find it out ^___^
Posted 3/14/09 , edited 3/14/09

Baka-Master wrote:

www.crunchyroll.com/nuke follow these orders written there and you'll find it out ^___^


rofl!

this link helps tonnes!

hahaha.
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
._.
24102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / where no one can...
Offline
Posted 3/14/09


i mean... i saw that in some profiles the alignment of their texts are centered....
so how did they do that???
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 3/14/09 , edited 3/14/09

kristelle_jen wrote:



i mean... i saw that in some profiles the alignment of their texts are centered....
so how did they do that???


You mean like this?

24102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / where no one can...
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

macphapie wrote:


kristelle_jen wrote:



i mean... i saw that in some profiles the alignment of their texts are centered....
so how did they do that???


You mean like this?



yeah!!!!
53942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
Posted 3/14/09

SenpaiYO wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:

www.crunchyroll.com/nuke follow these orders written there and you'll find it out ^___^


rofl!

this link helps tonnes!

hahaha.


It's My duty to do things like this ^^

no problem hope I can help you with other things, ask me and I'll give you the link ^__^
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

kristelle_jen wrote:


macphapie wrote:


kristelle_jen wrote:



i mean... i saw that in some profiles the alignment of their texts are centered....
so how did they do that???


You mean like this?



yeah!!!!


Quote for the code
70098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wa Wa Land
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

35th wrote:

Bulletin Board Code or BBCode is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards. It is also called forum codes.[citation needed] The available tags are usually indicated by rectangular brackets surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand, usually HTML or XHTML.

Purpose

BBCode was devised to provide a safer, easier and more limited way of allowing users to format their messages. Programmer convenience was certainly another factor, as BBCode is very simple to implement.[citation needed] Previously, many message boards allowed the users to include HTML formatting, a side effect of which was that malformed HTML could disrupt the page's layout, or HTML could be used to run JavaScript leading to XSS attacks. Some implementations of BBCode have suffered problems related to the way they translate the BBCode into HTML, which could negate the security that was intended to be given by BBCode. An alternative is a properly written HTML filter (many of which are freely available).

Although the basic tags of BBCode are similar in most internet forum software, there is currently no standards document for BBCode and there are consequently many incompatible variants. Some variants are case-sensitive while others are not. Some variants have tags which highlight the formatting of HTML, ASP, PHP, SQL and other markup languages and programming languages.

To find out more about it click this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Anyway, you could have just searched for it instead of making this thread.


Woah.. You know your stuff..
Posted 3/14/09

smil3es wrote:


Woah.. You know your stuff..



What stuff? hahaha I just copy pasted it through the link I posted in case the OP's still too lazy to click it
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.