First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is God Real?
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

Yei wrote:


vinsane01 wrote:


Yei wrote:


XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Do you think god is real?
If so prove it.

To me I don't think he is and because i have proof.

If god was real then why did he let Jesus die? When he could have saved him with his powers?
Also if he was also real then what is he/ she or even it?


Wow that's amazing proof.

Yes I think God is real, because the belief in a higher power and benevolence are both innate in humans, and there has to be something that put that there. And that something is some sort of benevolent higher power. Also, I think it's crazy to believe we have no purpose or meaning to our lives considering the depth of human thinking (philosophy, religion, morality, etc).


That's your belief and cant dispute that. But that is not an entirely good argument. Our developed brains seek to know, gather knowledge and try to answer question to anything, including how we came to be. The idea of a God creating everything, is an idea resulting from lack of answers to a difficult question.
The concept of a God is not innate in all humans. Is there a study to prove that is indeed innate? Even if it did, Im certain the result of the research concludes that it is not innate in all humans. The belief in a God is passed down from generations to generations. A child being instilled with a belief of a God by his/her parents will surely grow up believing in what he brought up to believe. It will be hard to convince him/her otherwise.


It's not innate in individual humans, but in humanity itself. The idea of a higher power was there all over the world, even with isolated peoples, and it stuck with the majority of humans from then on. And now the end result is today, an overwhelming majority of people have deep spiritual or religious beliefs, or at least believe in a higher power.

The idea of God creating everything comes, today at least, from logically coming to the conclusion that it is very unlikely that things today in the universe and in humanity turned out the way they did by chance. If we go back and calculate in every step, it eventually goes to a 1 in infinity chance pretty quickly. You can go with that insane number, but most people think the idea of intelligent design makes alot more sense. Something had to have designed how the universe functions and how everything in the world turned out. That's not from lack of answers, that's a logical assumption, because thinking otherwise seems alot more illogical considering the odds you're siding with.


How can you say that it is innate in humanity? That's over generalizing people, just because a lot of people believe in God doesnt mean that kind of thinking occurs with everyone. Read my post again.

Also, the conclusion of a God creating everything makes sense to people because the answer is not yet present. The answer may never present itself, maybe God is even real. But thinking otherwise is not illogical, since as of now the odds are pretty much equal, since God existence or non-existence has yet to be concluded.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 3/14/09 , edited 3/14/09

vinsane01 wrote:

How can you say that it is innate in humanity? That's over generalizing people, just because a lot of people believe in God doesnt mean that kind of thinking occurs with everyone. Read my post again.

Also, the conclusion of a God creating everything makes sense to people because the answer is not yet present. The answer may never present itself, maybe God is even real. But thinking otherwise is not illogical, since as of now the odds are pretty much equal, since God existence or non-existence has yet to be concluded.


I didn't say it occurred with everyone, it's something people are compelled to. People in general are compelled to have religious beliefs, and we are the only creatures to be like that, that's another important point too. We're the only ones lucky enough to develop to the point where we even consider these things.

Thinking otherwise is illogical, in most believer's opinions. Like I explained, the chances that everything just happened so perfectly are so incredibly unlikely that it would make more sense to believe everything was designed or planned out.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Going on w/ my proof!

The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages.

We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. We don't build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.

More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet we know with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary because no one worships Zeus any more.

Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were completely imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them.

Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.

The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature:

"The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions."

"Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."
It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true. All of the "sacred rituals" of Christianity, and all of Christianity's core beliefs (virgin birth, resurrection, etc.) come straight from pagan religions that were popular around the time of Jesus. Articles like this and this can help you learn more. Once you understand the fundamental truth of Christianity's origins, the silliness of this whole thing becomes apparent.
Obviously the pagan believers, from whom Christianity derived its myths, worshipped gods that were imaginary. And thus our "God" today is just an extension of these imaginary forerunners. All human gods are imaginary.



this is the only comment of yours that i will answer on because this one makes somewhat of a decent arguement. for the other stuff u said, simply can be refuted by the Bible, logic, science, and philososphy.

A proof is "The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true. "-http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/proof

you have not stated a single proof yet. All u have done was made silly arguements that make no sense on any level.and u cant use the Bible to disprove God, im srry, it just doesnt work that way.

now on to this- that entire article, along with the rest of them, is simply just another thoery.i have done research on another thread asking if Jesus existed. All of the websites that said this, was just another thoery of what could have been. But for this thoery to work u have to asume Jesus didnt exist. but if he did exists. This theory doesnt hold up. Jesus was mostly likly more on Dec 23, or perhaps in June.Yes, christianity has been changed over the years, its still being changed today, but at one point in time, a original Bible had to have been created. It is lost now, so what was written on it was translated to Greek and Hebrew.After that, some guy had to come along and start Christianity- Christians believe it was Jesus.From that point on, this thoery loses all meat.
If Jesus didnt exists, who started the religion then? why was it started? this thoery leads to more quesions then it does answers.and its simply a counter-arguement for Jesus existing in the first place. which u have stated b4 your "proof" of God not existing is in the fact that he let Jesus die. You cant accept this thoery and accept Jesus existed at the same time. its contradictory. This thoery applies to Jesus as being made up as well. I have seen enough youtube videos and websites to prove that.

this is the first strong argument that you used, but you did it in a silly way.peace over war

4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

vinsane01 wrote:


Yei wrote:


vinsane01 wrote:


Yei wrote:


XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Do you think god is real?
If so prove it.

To me I don't think he is and because i have proof.

If god was real then why did he let Jesus die? When he could have saved him with his powers?
Also if he was also real then what is he/ she or even it?


Wow that's amazing proof.

Yes I think God is real, because the belief in a higher power and benevolence are both innate in humans, and there has to be something that put that there. And that something is some sort of benevolent higher power. Also, I think it's crazy to believe we have no purpose or meaning to our lives considering the depth of human thinking (philosophy, religion, morality, etc).


That's your belief and cant dispute that. But that is not an entirely good argument. Our developed brains seek to know, gather knowledge and try to answer question to anything, including how we came to be. The idea of a God creating everything, is an idea resulting from lack of answers to a difficult question.
The concept of a God is not innate in all humans. Is there a study to prove that is indeed innate? Even if it did, Im certain the result of the research concludes that it is not innate in all humans. The belief in a God is passed down from generations to generations. A child being instilled with a belief of a God by his/her parents will surely grow up believing in what he brought up to believe. It will be hard to convince him/her otherwise.


It's not innate in individual humans, but in humanity itself. The idea of a higher power was there all over the world, even with isolated peoples, and it stuck with the majority of humans from then on. And now the end result is today, an overwhelming majority of people have deep spiritual or religious beliefs, or at least believe in a higher power.

The idea of God creating everything comes, today at least, from logically coming to the conclusion that it is very unlikely that things today in the universe and in humanity turned out the way they did by chance. If we go back and calculate in every step, it eventually goes to a 1 in infinity chance pretty quickly. You can go with that insane number, but most people think the idea of intelligent design makes alot more sense. Something had to have designed how the universe functions and how everything in the world turned out. That's not from lack of answers, that's a logical assumption, because thinking otherwise seems alot more illogical considering the odds you're siding with.


How can you say that it is innate in humanity? That's over generalizing people, just because a lot of people believe in God doesnt mean that kind of thinking occurs with everyone. Read my post again.

Also, the conclusion of a God creating everything makes sense to people because the answer is not yet present. The answer may never present itself, maybe God is even real. But thinking otherwise is not illogical, since as of now the odds are pretty much equal, since God existence or non-existence has yet to be concluded.


you know, some scientist say that there could be genes in us that compell us to worship God. so the kid could have a point. peace over war
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 3/14/09

JJT2 wrote:


vinsane01 wrote:


Yei wrote:


vinsane01 wrote:


Yei wrote:


XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Do you think god is real?
If so prove it.

To me I don't think he is and because i have proof.

If god was real then why did he let Jesus die? When he could have saved him with his powers?
Also if he was also real then what is he/ she or even it?


Wow that's amazing proof.

Yes I think God is real, because the belief in a higher power and benevolence are both innate in humans, and there has to be something that put that there. And that something is some sort of benevolent higher power. Also, I think it's crazy to believe we have no purpose or meaning to our lives considering the depth of human thinking (philosophy, religion, morality, etc).


That's your belief and cant dispute that. But that is not an entirely good argument. Our developed brains seek to know, gather knowledge and try to answer question to anything, including how we came to be. The idea of a God creating everything, is an idea resulting from lack of answers to a difficult question.
The concept of a God is not innate in all humans. Is there a study to prove that is indeed innate? Even if it did, Im certain the result of the research concludes that it is not innate in all humans. The belief in a God is passed down from generations to generations. A child being instilled with a belief of a God by his/her parents will surely grow up believing in what he brought up to believe. It will be hard to convince him/her otherwise.


It's not innate in individual humans, but in humanity itself. The idea of a higher power was there all over the world, even with isolated peoples, and it stuck with the majority of humans from then on. And now the end result is today, an overwhelming majority of people have deep spiritual or religious beliefs, or at least believe in a higher power.

The idea of God creating everything comes, today at least, from logically coming to the conclusion that it is very unlikely that things today in the universe and in humanity turned out the way they did by chance. If we go back and calculate in every step, it eventually goes to a 1 in infinity chance pretty quickly. You can go with that insane number, but most people think the idea of intelligent design makes alot more sense. Something had to have designed how the universe functions and how everything in the world turned out. That's not from lack of answers, that's a logical assumption, because thinking otherwise seems alot more illogical considering the odds you're siding with.


How can you say that it is innate in humanity? That's over generalizing people, just because a lot of people believe in God doesnt mean that kind of thinking occurs with everyone. Read my post again.

Also, the conclusion of a God creating everything makes sense to people because the answer is not yet present. The answer may never present itself, maybe God is even real. But thinking otherwise is not illogical, since as of now the odds are pretty much equal, since God existence or non-existence has yet to be concluded.


you know, some scientist say that there could be genes in us that compell us to worship God. so the kid could have a point. peace over war


Really? Now that i cant argue with. peace over war
Posted 3/14/09

XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Really? So your saying that lepprocans are real too? and that we have to have that Benevolent higher power?


get lost. I don't believe in God, and you clearly dont either. But if you are going to just sit here and antagonize people without ANY valid points to try and prove them wrong, then you are just wasting space. You have less proof than the people who believe in God do.
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/15/09
Yes, cause i believe completely in Apocalypse.
And i don't wish to discuss about God's existence cause people always end up fighting and insulting each others.
Now, if you will excuse me, i have something better to do.
I'm gonna sleep.
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/15/09

vinsane01 wrote:

God is made of matter? How did you come up with that conclusion?

Remember that people believe that for God, anything is possible. That includes creating something out of nothing, being in a space that has yet to exist and him not being made of matter. That alone destroyed your whole argument.


I agree with you gal. Good night.
Posted 3/15/09 , edited 3/15/09

cerisey wrote:


XxBillyxNoBS wrote:

Really? So your saying that lepprocans are real too? and that we have to have that Benevolent higher power?


get lost. I don't believe in God, and you clearly dont either. But if you are going to just sit here and antagonize people without ANY valid points to try and prove them wrong, then you are just wasting space. You have less proof than the people who believe in God do.


Uhuh i'm not proving anyone wrong i just want to see what people think. ETC. if i did offended them which i did on accident i send them a PM saying i'm sorry. If you think i have less proof then others then that's alright with me that's what i got.
1225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/15/09
Well to all you people that need proof God is real and that he can do 'anything'.

Why could God not simply do what he has done but not make you understand if he can do the impossible? Isn't this making the impossible, possible?

Therefore your argument on disproving God is simply something created in your own mind, through various situations and things you have learnt throughout your life.

God can do anything, why not making the impossible, possible but at the same time that you don't understand. Or do you think that because you can't find a 'logical' answer it must be wrong? Or is it that you can't comprehend what he has done and simply ignore what you don't want to realise and listen to what you think is 'right'. Yes, controversy is awesome. Kbai.
Posted 3/15/09

Dark_Flubba wrote:

Why could God not simply do what he has done but not make you understand if he can do the impossible? Isn't this making the impossible, possible?


Why must 'impossibility' be, and, because of a God? A "God" was established to create an understanding for what used to be deemed 'impossible'. So define 'impossible'.



Therefore your argument on disproving God is simply something created in your own mind, through various situations and things you have learnt throughout your life.


Just like the concept of "Faith" exists in the mind. We're in the same boat if your evidence of a "God" (Christian God) relies on one book and things that cannot currently be explained.


God can do anything, why not making the impossible, possible but at the same time that you don't understand. Or do you think that because you can't find a 'logical' answer it must be wrong? Or is it that you can't comprehend what he has done and simply ignore what you don't want to realise and listen to what you think is 'right'. Yes, controversy is awesome. Kbai.


As I said, the concept of a "God" was created to give an understanding to what couldn't be understood. And as time progresses, we find solutions that past generations couldn't have formulated.

Logic is relevant to all physical things, therefore, applying it to omnipotence would seem asinine. But if what were 'impossible' yesterday became possible today through logic, what would you say?

134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Kazakstan.....Ver...
Offline
Posted 3/15/09
If by God, you mean me, then yes, I am real
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 3/15/09

broseph91 wrote:

If by God, you mean me, then yes, I am real


Your avatar sucks, and I thought you were omnipotent.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/15/09

xeereex wrote:


vinsane01 wrote:

God is made of matter? How did you come up with that conclusion?

Remember that people believe that for God, anything is possible. That includes creating something out of nothing, being in a space that has yet to exist and him not being made of matter. That alone destroyed your whole argument.


I agree with you gal. Good night.


'So with what logic makes what he/she said anymore logical than a 5 year old having a imaginary friend?
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/15/09
A lot of Judeo-Christians argue that they don't know a dick about God but they just know He exists. Same goes with proofs--like hell they will have a physical proof for something imaginary.
God is comparable to imaginary numbers, they are just there to temporarily define the anomaly. As with one too many Judeo-Christians woul say, God is unknown. So unknown that they concluded he exists. It does defy the laws of logic. Seriously, how retarded can someone be to believe something exists just because a fairy tale said so? Of course, one might argue that the God is real because a lot of people believe it. The tooth fairy is real then, using that argument.
It seems that the God argument is just there because people cannot seem to gain security with such uncertainty. Or the God believers just do not want to admit how retarded they are for believing into a scam that was obviously a foolish belief to begin with. Stupidity is common to all conscious minds.
Speaking of stupidity, the idea of a God existing is pretty stupid. Why? Ask yourself that. Rationalize.
Ideas do exist. As ideas. The terrorists nuked imagination land by the way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.