First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Clannad After-Story ending discussion
Member
2894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / los angeles , cali
Offline
Posted 3/22/09 , edited 3/22/09
damn!! i read the whole post its too long i get a LINK what you're trying to wrote ..but i think its obviously

thanks for the theory anyway
BUT
i don't really understand well in episodes 22
so the nagisa's death is not real is just an illusion , imagination, or dream whatever from tomoya
so he thinks that it is better they don't meet from the start. from that time ..she hug her , open his eyes , he saw nagisa lying on the futon he glance at nagisa, then a sudden flash back from Episode 16..then he cried at nagisa after that nagisa open her eye's saying "is there something wrong tomoya-kun?" then blah blah blah....
seriously!! what the heck the writer of this series thinking ..
well they do a great job anyway..
i came back from busy task so I'm really outdated, anyone have more needle to this episodes 22?
Member
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 3/22/09 , edited 3/22/09
the lights he collected in his "journey"(cat,gang, father and more)
grated him a miracle...he also ushio could see them, i guess he needed to know how to live alone to understand his father and what he went through
i guess it wasnt an illusion at all, it was a very sad experience for him
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 3/23/09
yeah most people see a wall of text and decide not to read.

:D
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Zeroxv wrote:

the lights he collected in his "journey"(cat,gang, father and more)
grated him a miracle...he also ushio could see them, i guess he needed to know how to live alone to understand his father and what he went through
i guess it wasnt an illusion at all, it was a very sad experience for him


Again, I just don't believe in the whole 'reset' thing... It seems like it would be a waste of all that build up. I really think that the reality behind it all was about how I explained it... and it really tied together some of the stranger parts of the anime.

On another note, there would be no reason to show the Fuuko ending if it had all just been reset... I know it was shown as ushio sleeping... but again Fuuko might have seen it as possibly being that way if she saw the body of a small child laying there.

Personally I think this just adds to the horrific story as Fuuko would be traumatized and be set back even further in her fragile state of mind.
Member
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/28/09

atatakakunai wrote:


Zeroxv wrote:

the lights he collected in his "journey"(cat,gang, father and more)
grated him a miracle...he also ushio could see them, i guess he needed to know how to live alone to understand his father and what he went through
i guess it wasnt an illusion at all, it was a very sad experience for him


Again, I just don't believe in the whole 'reset' thing... It seems like it would be a waste of all that build up. I really think that the reality behind it all was about how I explained it... and it really tied together some of the stranger parts of the anime.

On another note, there would be no reason to show the Fuuko ending if it had all just been reset... I know it was shown as ushio sleeping... but again Fuuko might have seen it as possibly being that way if she saw the body of a small child laying there.

Personally I think this just adds to the horrific story as Fuuko would be traumatized and be set back even further in her fragile state of mind.


it is a reset button
its just like the visual novel

...ep 24 just proved it was a reset ;D
Member
68440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Plattsburgh, NY
Offline
Posted 3/27/09
well now after seen ep 24 in like the last 5 min everything came together more it seems
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 3/27/09
Yeah it looks like everything past collapsing with ushio was just a dilusion. Seems like he layed there and fell asleep probably dying from the cold. So everyone was re-united again!... and fuuko might have stayed asleep in that last scene due to not being dead like them... I dunno.

It might just be that the writers did cop out and do the 'IT'S DAIJOUBU' ending. The more we go along the more it seems they really sold out into the happy end to maybe salvage the serious sadness this series had... though I enjoyed the sorrow to an extent and wanted things not to end in a sell out back way. Makes my time watching the anime for the past while seem like a waste.
Member
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 3/28/09

atatakakunai wrote:

It might just be that the writers did cop out and do the 'IT'S DAIJOUBU' ending. The more we go along the more it seems they really sold out into the happy end to maybe salvage the serious sadness this series had... though I enjoyed the sorrow to an extent and wanted things not to end in a sell out back way. Makes my time watching the anime for the past while seem like a waste.


agree

and also
to think they have extra time to do a recap or flashback episode but not the time to have a funeral or wedding scene :@
21869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sleepy Land
Offline
Posted 3/30/09
thats longwinded~

Tomoya's Esper/Time Traveller Ability got awakened when he collapsed after the breakdown of losing the precious ones. This makes him leap through time to time to another world~ Lol Short and nice =P
Posted 4/11/09

macphapie wrote:

Ending was disappointing. Nagisa should have died, as well as Ushio for more effect.


nah i disagree. the effect was already left since they were not "revived" until several episodes later. their "revival" actually adds more emotion to the story.
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 4/12/09

chzna wrote:


macphapie wrote:

Ending was disappointing. Nagisa should have died, as well as Ushio for more effect.


nah i disagree. the effect was already left since they were not "revived" until several episodes later. their "revival" actually adds more emotion to the story.


I think it was more the moment was crushed. Story development was great however it is interpreted. But it was more like the good climax was crushed. Everyone dying was a good idea, the "happy place" is a good end. Its just that it was too fast paced, it should have focused more on Ushio's death scene, she was the main character during that arc.

Though its all "preference"
Posted 4/12/09

macphapie wrote:


chzna wrote:


macphapie wrote:

Ending was disappointing. Nagisa should have died, as well as Ushio for more effect.


nah i disagree. the effect was already left since they were not "revived" until several episodes later. their "revival" actually adds more emotion to the story.


I think it was more the moment was crushed. Story development was great however it is interpreted. But it was more like the good climax was crushed. Everyone dying was a good idea, the "happy place" is a good end. Its just that it was too fast paced, it should have focused more on Ushio's death scene, she was the main character during that arc.

Though its all "preference"


yea i agree on that. ushio's death seemed rushed.
Member
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/09
well i agree with you i just skipped it over




quite troblesome really



i wish he'll just make a summary of it
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
seriously you guys can you think of a way to make a wedding/funeral scene entertaining for 24 mins?
Member
1040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Far side of the Moon
Offline
Posted 4/27/09 , edited 4/27/09
Can't be helped. Just admit it, you loved this show. They didn't focus on Ushio's death because THE GAME never did (the animators just followed the story of the VN, which was already made 5 years ago). And to those protesting about the 'reset' thing... Like, hello...! This is a Romance-fantasy anime. FANTASY! What do you expect...? @_@
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.