First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What is the best fighting technique over all? why?
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

flourlove wrote:


negimaneo wrote:


flourlove wrote:

None. Fighting solves nothing =\


agree...


Thanks. But I suspect I'll be quoted with a statement like "Well what if they're beating you up already" and to that I won't know what to say. I just feel that there's another alternative. In fact I'm positive everything can be worked out.

..Least I hope so.


I don't fight to solve conflict, fighting is a dumb way to solve a conflict.

I do it because it's fun.
Posted 3/24/09 , edited 3/24/09

Pecca wrote:


flourlove wrote:


negimaneo wrote:


flourlove wrote:

None. Fighting solves nothing =\


agree...


Thanks. But I suspect I'll be quoted with a statement like "Well what if they're beating you up already" and to that I won't know what to say. I just feel that there's another alternative. In fact I'm positive everything can be worked out.

..Least I hope so.


I don't fight to solve conflict, fighting is a dumb way to solve a conflict.

I do it because it's fun.


Alright.

That must be true, because you say it is. I'll buy.
1307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Greece
Offline
Posted 3/25/09

babonie wrote:

Taijutsu


as he said taijutsu put not only that the whole art of ninjutsu is the best.you cant compare it to any martial arts
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United States
Offline
Posted 3/25/09

Tenoko wrote:

Like Sousuke sagara, bullet to the head or a good swift kick to the family jewels while wearing a bonta-kun costume.



Wins everytime. ^___________^


Win!
Posted 3/25/09

JJT2 wrote:


sevnup wrote:

i never said 500 styles, that's excessive. but lets say that two skilled fighters - one trained in two, the other trained in just one were in a fight. who has the advantage if they're both equally skilled? i'm not talking about luck nor science. i'm talking about probability.

1. Fighter A has practiced many times fighting on the ground and standing up.
2. Fighter B has practiced many times fighting standing up.
3. They are both equally good fighters.
4. A gets B on the ground, B doesn't know how to counter a hold.



If A gets B to the ground. Look at kimbo spice, he cant ground fight at all, but try taking a guy his size down to the ground without getting knocked out. the probabilty someone goes to the ground changes from person to person. try taking a 400 pound man to the ground. if he falls on you, niether of u are getting back up, i dont care what type of jujitsu u know.and try mounting on a 5 foot stomach, not much u can do. peace over war


Hong Man Choi ( 330 lbs) was on top of Fedor and Fedor still arm barred him. Size (height or weight) doesn't matter. Seth Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo. Kimbo was always overrated.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/26/09

vittoriano wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


sevnup wrote:

i never said 500 styles, that's excessive. but lets say that two skilled fighters - one trained in two, the other trained in just one were in a fight. who has the advantage if they're both equally skilled? i'm not talking about luck nor science. i'm talking about probability.

1. Fighter A has practiced many times fighting on the ground and standing up.
2. Fighter B has practiced many times fighting standing up.
3. They are both equally good fighters.
4. A gets B on the ground, B doesn't know how to counter a hold.



If A gets B to the ground. Look at kimbo spice, he cant ground fight at all, but try taking a guy his size down to the ground without getting knocked out. the probabilty someone goes to the ground changes from person to person. try taking a 400 pound man to the ground. if he falls on you, niether of u are getting back up, i dont care what type of jujitsu u know.and try mounting on a 5 foot stomach, not much u can do. peace over war


Hong Man Choi ( 330 lbs) was on top of Fedor and Fedor still arm barred him. Size (height or weight) doesn't matter. Seth Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo. Kimbo was always overrated.


there will always be exceptions. espcially when dealing with professional fighters (guys who fight for a living). But on average, for the average fighter/ individual, size/hieght does matter.Even if size is only used to intimidate your opponent, that affects there phycological well being, which affetcs thier fighting. On average, size does matter. Or else we wouldnt have no many men beating on women. Most fights happen outside of the ring.and besides, if size didnt matter, why does the UFC have wieght divisions?peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/26/09

Pecca wrote:


flourlove wrote:


negimaneo wrote:


flourlove wrote:

None. Fighting solves nothing =\


agree...


Thanks. But I suspect I'll be quoted with a statement like "Well what if they're beating you up already" and to that I won't know what to say. I just feel that there's another alternative. In fact I'm positive everything can be worked out.

..Least I hope so.


I don't fight to solve conflict, fighting is a dumb way to solve a conflict.

I do it because it's fun.


wtf, fighting is the perfect way to solve all of life's problems...what hasnt it solved? its the most important thing in the world...peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/26/09

Psolobrontis wrote:


babonie wrote:

Taijutsu


as he said taijutsu put not only that the whole art of ninjutsu is the best.you cant compare it to any martial arts


there is no such thing as serperior martial arts. fighting depends on the individual. And a lot is not known about ninjas, but what we do know is that they were secretive. they kept things in the family and away from public eyes.So theres a good chance that the ninjutsu you know is false to begin with.why would ninjas come out of the closet now? in America of all places? peace over war
Posted 3/26/09

JJT2 wrote:


vittoriano wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


sevnup wrote:

i never said 500 styles, that's excessive. but lets say that two skilled fighters - one trained in two, the other trained in just one were in a fight. who has the advantage if they're both equally skilled? i'm not talking about luck nor science. i'm talking about probability.

1. Fighter A has practiced many times fighting on the ground and standing up.
2. Fighter B has practiced many times fighting standing up.
3. They are both equally good fighters.
4. A gets B on the ground, B doesn't know how to counter a hold.



If A gets B to the ground. Look at kimbo spice, he cant ground fight at all, but try taking a guy his size down to the ground without getting knocked out. the probabilty someone goes to the ground changes from person to person. try taking a 400 pound man to the ground. if he falls on you, niether of u are getting back up, i dont care what type of jujitsu u know.and try mounting on a 5 foot stomach, not much u can do. peace over war


Hong Man Choi ( 330 lbs) was on top of Fedor and Fedor still arm barred him. Size (height or weight) doesn't matter. Seth Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo. Kimbo was always overrated.


there will always be exceptions. espcially when dealing with professional fighters (guys who fight for a living). But on average, for the average fighter/ individual, size/hieght does matter.Even if size is only used to intimidate your opponent, that affects there phycological well being, which affetcs thier fighting. On average, size does matter. Or else we wouldnt have no many men beating on women. Most fights happen outside of the ring.and besides, if size didnt matter, why does the UFC have wieght divisions?peace over war


they have weight divisions now or they wouldn't get licensed. Crocop defeated Hong Man Choi, as well. He low kicked Hong Man into submission.
548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 3/26/09
I have to go with size matters. Reach, leverage, these things do matter.
Posted 3/26/09

Pecca wrote:

I have to go with size matters. Reach, leverage, these things do matter.


lol tell that to Tim Sylvia and Hong Man Choi. You're right , though. To a point, that is. Look at Semmy Schilt (Fedor also defeated him in MMA, by the way ). He's been dominating K1 for the past few years, due to his size and reach. Only Alexey Ignashov , Hong Man Choi and Peter Aerts have defeated him in the past few years.
1307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Greece
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

JJT2 wrote:


Psolobrontis wrote:


babonie wrote:

Taijutsu


as he said taijutsu put not only that the whole art of ninjutsu is the best.you cant compare it to any martial arts


there is no such thing as serperior martial arts. fighting depends on the individual. And a lot is not known about ninjas, but what we do know is that they were secretive. they kept things in the family and away from public eyes.So theres a good chance that the ninjutsu you know is false to begin with.why would ninjas come out of the closet now? in America of all places? peace over war


im saying that ninjutsu is the best because it covers almost all the areas of martial arts thats why. Its not a secret tecnic anymore you see its a world wide assosiation named bujikan
2745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / evergreen state
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
fart at ur opponent...
he/she sure will be dead.
lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.