First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Christianophobia.....
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


digs wrote:

I looked for the 2008 and can't fund the poll data, if you have link please share it as I would like to see the findings as well. Here is what I did find though. http://www.americanreligionsurvey-aris.org/. It states that Catholics and mainstream denominations are decreasing (while other Christian denominations are growing like charismatics and Baptists) and non-religion is increasing, however it also states that the Baptists are increasing along with Mormons, Muslims, and Eastern religions. 1.6% profess to be atheist, while the rest of those in the non-religious category are either agnostic or deist. Atheism as an ideology is actually declining worldwide http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/mar/03/20050303-115733-9519r/


http://www.americanreligionsurvey-aris.org/
As for 17.9 I found after adding in religions that do not believe in god into the factor, being that Atheist is just the lack of belief in a God or Gods.
I found the infermation once, and this is part of it... so I will find it again.. I Hope this helps...

it is 12% if you do not add in the religions that don't have gods or a god in them.


Thanks, that helps. Of course I also think they are doing a national survey in 2010, those results should prove interesting.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:

What is one instance where Christ called for violence to get what we want? Jesus never said any of that, the crusades may have happened in the name of the Church, but it was contrary to Christ. It isn't Christ who calls for violence but satan. Christ even says this regarding our enemies.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [fn] and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [fn] and pray for those who persecute you,


if it wasnt him, why would the romans go on christian hunt? ohhh? and here i though the church are his followers.... even tho he is dead.

satan? nice indeed. so your saying this mythology guy called satan who is or was an angel is the cause of everything? nice indeed.

ohhh? so youre saying if i kill you, you love me? well, the world dont work that way.

also, here i though he said: Matthew 27:46 My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

hmm, hes a rather big hypocrite... not to mention his criminal nature and hanging around with the lowlives (thieves, beggars, etc.)




Yes, I think Christians who kill or act violent "for Christ" are deceived and use Christ to try and justify their violence. So yes, your statement is what I was trying to get across ^_^

wait, did you not just said for that guy? so who are they being deceived by? that criminal?


The Romans pursecuted the Christians because the world hates conviction. They killed Jesus because of His message, and they killed Christians for it too. Jesus isn't dead :)

You may not believe in satan, but in the context of a Christian argument satan is the one who deceives and causes violence.

And yes, you can kill me for my faith and I will still love you and everyone else. Stephen was stoned to death and in his dying breaths he was praying for those murdering Him.

And God forsake Jesus because on the cross Jesus took upon Himself all the sin of the world. Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, and thus was not under the law of sin and death. Because He was perfect and God Himself, He was able to atone for all the sins of mankind, but by doing so he had to suffer the punishment for sin (death) and take upon all sin. God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists), Jesus took upon all sin, and that is why God had to forsake Himself when Jesus died on the cross.

And they are being deceived by satan and their own foolish natures. The truth is not in what they do.


ohhh? you can say whatever you want but based on text and society standard, jesus is a criminal.

so youre saying satan is the cause just because your christian? which means that if youre christian, everything "bad" you do is because of satan? okay, so lets say you murder someone and because the law would prosecute you for that, when you go to court, you tell them "satan made me do it". very funny.

rather a big masochist you are.

wait, its rather confusing. are you saying that jesus turn god and die? well, what make you so sure? i though you just read it from some book call the bible? you do know that it is written by someone, correct? hence, since you love it so much, how about i add "the newest testament" to it and in it, it tells the life of jesus after he died?


God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists)

hmm, so youre saying this god guy is pushing all the sin onto hell just because he want to be holy? and since you did say that satan is the cause of all bad things. which makes me think, you sure you dont mean that this dude god is giving all the sin to satan so he can look good? pushing the blame onto others... nice indeed

okay? so lets take it like you said that jesus took all the sin? so you christian do consider that adultery and killing a sin, correct? i mean, theres that thou shall not kill thing and thou shall not commit adultery.

if true, then isnt the existance of jesus himself a sin? i mean, look, jesus's mother got pregnant without being married. isnt that adultery? wait, or is she married with some guy named joseph? well, i dont know all these. but if she is, she had sex with that guy named god? well, thats purely adultery. also, thou shall not kill? heck, i doubt jesus could survive without eating... hence, he commits your so called sin everyday. i mean, how can a sinner take on all the sins? it contradicts itself, does it not?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:

What is one instance where Christ called for violence to get what we want? Jesus never said any of that, the crusades may have happened in the name of the Church, but it was contrary to Christ. It isn't Christ who calls for violence but satan. Christ even says this regarding our enemies.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [fn] and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [fn] and pray for those who persecute you,


if it wasnt him, why would the romans go on christian hunt? ohhh? and here i though the church are his followers.... even tho he is dead.

satan? nice indeed. so your saying this mythology guy called satan who is or was an angel is the cause of everything? nice indeed.

ohhh? so youre saying if i kill you, you love me? well, the world dont work that way.

also, here i though he said: Matthew 27:46 My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

hmm, hes a rather big hypocrite... not to mention his criminal nature and hanging around with the lowlives (thieves, beggars, etc.)




Yes, I think Christians who kill or act violent "for Christ" are deceived and use Christ to try and justify their violence. So yes, your statement is what I was trying to get across ^_^

wait, did you not just said for that guy? so who are they being deceived by? that criminal?


The Romans pursecuted the Christians because the world hates conviction. They killed Jesus because of His message, and they killed Christians for it too. Jesus isn't dead :)

You may not believe in satan, but in the context of a Christian argument satan is the one who deceives and causes violence.

And yes, you can kill me for my faith and I will still love you and everyone else. Stephen was stoned to death and in his dying breaths he was praying for those murdering Him.

And God forsake Jesus because on the cross Jesus took upon Himself all the sin of the world. Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, and thus was not under the law of sin and death. Because He was perfect and God Himself, He was able to atone for all the sins of mankind, but by doing so he had to suffer the punishment for sin (death) and take upon all sin. God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists), Jesus took upon all sin, and that is why God had to forsake Himself when Jesus died on the cross.

And they are being deceived by satan and their own foolish natures. The truth is not in what they do.


ohhh? you can say whatever you want but based on text and society standard, jesus is a criminal.

so youre saying satan is the cause just because your christian? which means that if youre christian, everything "bad" you do is because of satan? okay, so lets say you murder someone and because the law would prosecute you for that, when you go to court, you tell them "satan made me do it". very funny.

rather a big masochist you are.

wait, its rather confusing. are you saying that jesus turn god and die? well, what make you so sure? i though you just read it from some book call the bible? you do know that it is written by someone, correct? hence, since you love it so much, how about i add "the newest testament" to it and in it, it tells the life of jesus after he died?


God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists)

hmm, so youre saying this god guy is pushing all the sin onto hell just because he want to be holy? and since you did say that satan is the cause of all bad things. which makes me think, you sure you dont mean that this dude god is giving all the sin to satan so he can look good? pushing the blame onto others... nice indeed

okay? so lets take it like you said that jesus took all the sin? so you christian do consider that adultery and killing a sin, correct? i mean, theres that thou shall not kill thing and thou shall not commit adultery.

if true, then isnt the existance of jesus himself a sin? i mean, look, jesus's mother got pregnant without being married. isnt that adultery? wait, or is she married with some guy named joseph? well, i dont know all these. but if she is, she had sex with that guy named god? well, thats purely adultery. also, thou shall not kill? heck, i doubt jesus could survive without eating... hence, he commits your so called sin everyday. i mean, how can a sinner take on all the sins? it contradicts itself, does it not?


I am not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions, I am saying that satan and the demons tempt us to do wrong and we choose to do it.

Jesus is God and was with God (Part of the Holy Trinity) yet forsook his place in heaven to be a man on earth and die for sin.

And yes, all who have sin go to hell because God is Holy and can't have it in His presence in heaven. The good thing is that we only go to hell because we choose to not repent in Jesus Name. And I didn't say satan was the cause of all bad things, rather he is the tempter and we by our own free will choose to give into his temptations.

And yes, killing and adultery are sins, but I don't understand how the existence of Jesus is a sin. Jesus mother got pregnant, but she never had sex, it was the miraculous conception (virgin birth). Mary gave birth as a virgin. And regardless, children who have been born out of wedlock are not sinful, they are just as human and innocent as any other human child. God didn't have sex with Mary, again, she conceived a son by the power of the Holy Spirit and was a virgin when Jesus was born, she had never had sex before Jesus was born.
Posted 3/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:

I kinda notice from some public to here (on forums) that there is sense of hatred, intolerance and discrimination of Christians when it comes to civil problems or others.

I end up hearing or reading comments on how Christians are "uneducated," "Small-minded," "homophobia," "bigots," and "fear mongering." Others comments like "The Christians/Religious people are ruining the country" or "They started the wars." When its come to tolerance, its seems that Christians are the only religion or group that been treated bad by others, and is becoming a religious freedom problem.


Considering that throughout history Christianity has been the most notorious religion for treating people of other religions badly and limiting their religious freedoms, it's not really a surprise. Isn't there something in the Bible that says something along the lines of "you reap what you sow?"

Even so, that doesn't make it right, the anti-theists/ Christianophobes who hate Christians because of their hypocrisy and persecution of entire groups of people are just as, if not many times more hypocritical than the Christians that they hate. Just because a relatively small amount of Christians have done and are still doing terrible things, it doesn't mean that all Christians support their actions, and definitely should not be blamed for the actions of those few extreme Christians. Anti-theists get upset when they're compared to Hitler and the Nazis, who were supposedly atheist, but then do the same thing and compare all Christians to Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church. It's frustrating especially for me, since I always get lumped in with those Christianophobes/anti-theists just because I'm atheist.



What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.

True, Christianity have their faults but so dose other religions. Just because something happen in the past 300 hundred years ago dose not mean they are like that today.
Posted 3/23/09



James,

What you wrote on the forum shows you are an example in abyss of believing Christian stereotypes.





Posted 3/23/09

cerisey wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
its seems that Christians are the only religion or group that been treated bad by others,


Well I wouldn't go that far (some people assuming Muslim's are suspicious) but I see what you are saying. Personally the way it's worded is quite rude (their comment like christians being more stupid), though their points do in a way support it, to be honest it's quite vague and I insist christians aren't necessarily stupid for their reasoning. What defines intelligence anyway?
In saying this I do challenge christians on certain points such as the homophobia or evolution issue that some of them have. But I do get a little distressed when I see people pointlessly targeting them and starting the argument (really trying to provoke them I mean. At least have a point). I repeat, I challenge them and am happy to challenge christians on their beliefs especially when they force it on me, or use it as an excuse for something I disagree with, But I'm not gonna go around shouting my opinion, making a thread about it, and challenging people on the issue when they haven't even used the religion in a way I see as bad. E.G. quoting the bible and saying gays will burn in hell. Or even that I will for not believing.
We each have our own beliefs and should perhaps start respecting them more appropriately, myself included.


I understand what you meant. I don't mind the challenge, its just the ridiculed and insults/harassment is the problem.




P.S. Just because I'm Christian (and others who are), dose not meant I like Science and dinosaurs, hell I even like reading the Darwin's Award. My Dad was Catholic and he's a science teacher.

Remember this....Judeo-Chritianity is about Faith, not science.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

StephyKot87 wrote:




James,

What you wrote on the forum shows you are an example in abyss of believing Christian stereotypes.







please do explain to me what is this example in abyss of believing Christian stereotypes you speak of
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:

What is one instance where Christ called for violence to get what we want? Jesus never said any of that, the crusades may have happened in the name of the Church, but it was contrary to Christ. It isn't Christ who calls for violence but satan. Christ even says this regarding our enemies.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [fn] and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [fn] and pray for those who persecute you,


if it wasnt him, why would the romans go on christian hunt? ohhh? and here i though the church are his followers.... even tho he is dead.

satan? nice indeed. so your saying this mythology guy called satan who is or was an angel is the cause of everything? nice indeed.

ohhh? so youre saying if i kill you, you love me? well, the world dont work that way.

also, here i though he said: Matthew 27:46 My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

hmm, hes a rather big hypocrite... not to mention his criminal nature and hanging around with the lowlives (thieves, beggars, etc.)




Yes, I think Christians who kill or act violent "for Christ" are deceived and use Christ to try and justify their violence. So yes, your statement is what I was trying to get across ^_^

wait, did you not just said for that guy? so who are they being deceived by? that criminal?


The Romans pursecuted the Christians because the world hates conviction. They killed Jesus because of His message, and they killed Christians for it too. Jesus isn't dead :)

You may not believe in satan, but in the context of a Christian argument satan is the one who deceives and causes violence.

And yes, you can kill me for my faith and I will still love you and everyone else. Stephen was stoned to death and in his dying breaths he was praying for those murdering Him.

And God forsake Jesus because on the cross Jesus took upon Himself all the sin of the world. Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, and thus was not under the law of sin and death. Because He was perfect and God Himself, He was able to atone for all the sins of mankind, but by doing so he had to suffer the punishment for sin (death) and take upon all sin. God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists), Jesus took upon all sin, and that is why God had to forsake Himself when Jesus died on the cross.

And they are being deceived by satan and their own foolish natures. The truth is not in what they do.


ohhh? you can say whatever you want but based on text and society standard, jesus is a criminal.

so youre saying satan is the cause just because your christian? which means that if youre christian, everything "bad" you do is because of satan? okay, so lets say you murder someone and because the law would prosecute you for that, when you go to court, you tell them "satan made me do it". very funny.

rather a big masochist you are.

wait, its rather confusing. are you saying that jesus turn god and die? well, what make you so sure? i though you just read it from some book call the bible? you do know that it is written by someone, correct? hence, since you love it so much, how about i add "the newest testament" to it and in it, it tells the life of jesus after he died?


God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists)

hmm, so youre saying this god guy is pushing all the sin onto hell just because he want to be holy? and since you did say that satan is the cause of all bad things. which makes me think, you sure you dont mean that this dude god is giving all the sin to satan so he can look good? pushing the blame onto others... nice indeed

okay? so lets take it like you said that jesus took all the sin? so you christian do consider that adultery and killing a sin, correct? i mean, theres that thou shall not kill thing and thou shall not commit adultery.

if true, then isnt the existance of jesus himself a sin? i mean, look, jesus's mother got pregnant without being married. isnt that adultery? wait, or is she married with some guy named joseph? well, i dont know all these. but if she is, she had sex with that guy named god? well, thats purely adultery. also, thou shall not kill? heck, i doubt jesus could survive without eating... hence, he commits your so called sin everyday. i mean, how can a sinner take on all the sins? it contradicts itself, does it not?


I am not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions, I am saying that satan and the demons tempt us to do wrong and we choose to do it.

Jesus is God and was with God (Part of the Holy Trinity) yet forsook his place in heaven to be a man on earth and die for sin.

And yes, all who have sin go to hell because God is Holy and can't have it in His presence in heaven. The good thing is that we only go to hell because we choose to not repent in Jesus Name. And I didn't say satan was the cause of all bad things, rather he is the tempter and we by our own free will choose to give into his temptations.

And yes, killing and adultery are sins, but I don't understand how the existence of Jesus is a sin. Jesus mother got pregnant, but she never had sex, it was the miraculous conception (virgin birth). Mary gave birth as a virgin. And regardless, children who have been born out of wedlock are not sinful, they are just as human and innocent as any other human child. God didn't have sex with Mary, again, she conceived a son by the power of the Holy Spirit and was a virgin when Jesus was born, she had never had sex before Jesus was born.


sir, i do think that your arguments are illogical and cant be proven or even tested...

also, i do not know the bible like something thats more important than my life.

lastly, i do think that it is impossible to impregnant someone, without sex, unless the sperm touches the egg. so, god's sperm went to mary's eggs. therefore, she had birth and is still a virgin? heck, that god is a pervert then... going around putting his sperm into her eggs when she doesnt want it...
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:

What is one instance where Christ called for violence to get what we want? Jesus never said any of that, the crusades may have happened in the name of the Church, but it was contrary to Christ. It isn't Christ who calls for violence but satan. Christ even says this regarding our enemies.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [fn] and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [fn] and pray for those who persecute you,


if it wasnt him, why would the romans go on christian hunt? ohhh? and here i though the church are his followers.... even tho he is dead.

satan? nice indeed. so your saying this mythology guy called satan who is or was an angel is the cause of everything? nice indeed.

ohhh? so youre saying if i kill you, you love me? well, the world dont work that way.

also, here i though he said: Matthew 27:46 My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

hmm, hes a rather big hypocrite... not to mention his criminal nature and hanging around with the lowlives (thieves, beggars, etc.)




Yes, I think Christians who kill or act violent "for Christ" are deceived and use Christ to try and justify their violence. So yes, your statement is what I was trying to get across ^_^

wait, did you not just said for that guy? so who are they being deceived by? that criminal?


The Romans pursecuted the Christians because the world hates conviction. They killed Jesus because of His message, and they killed Christians for it too. Jesus isn't dead :)

You may not believe in satan, but in the context of a Christian argument satan is the one who deceives and causes violence.

And yes, you can kill me for my faith and I will still love you and everyone else. Stephen was stoned to death and in his dying breaths he was praying for those murdering Him.

And God forsake Jesus because on the cross Jesus took upon Himself all the sin of the world. Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, and thus was not under the law of sin and death. Because He was perfect and God Himself, He was able to atone for all the sins of mankind, but by doing so he had to suffer the punishment for sin (death) and take upon all sin. God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists), Jesus took upon all sin, and that is why God had to forsake Himself when Jesus died on the cross.

And they are being deceived by satan and their own foolish natures. The truth is not in what they do.


ohhh? you can say whatever you want but based on text and society standard, jesus is a criminal.

so youre saying satan is the cause just because your christian? which means that if youre christian, everything "bad" you do is because of satan? okay, so lets say you murder someone and because the law would prosecute you for that, when you go to court, you tell them "satan made me do it". very funny.

rather a big masochist you are.

wait, its rather confusing. are you saying that jesus turn god and die? well, what make you so sure? i though you just read it from some book call the bible? you do know that it is written by someone, correct? hence, since you love it so much, how about i add "the newest testament" to it and in it, it tells the life of jesus after he died?


God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists)

hmm, so youre saying this god guy is pushing all the sin onto hell just because he want to be holy? and since you did say that satan is the cause of all bad things. which makes me think, you sure you dont mean that this dude god is giving all the sin to satan so he can look good? pushing the blame onto others... nice indeed

okay? so lets take it like you said that jesus took all the sin? so you christian do consider that adultery and killing a sin, correct? i mean, theres that thou shall not kill thing and thou shall not commit adultery.

if true, then isnt the existance of jesus himself a sin? i mean, look, jesus's mother got pregnant without being married. isnt that adultery? wait, or is she married with some guy named joseph? well, i dont know all these. but if she is, she had sex with that guy named god? well, thats purely adultery. also, thou shall not kill? heck, i doubt jesus could survive without eating... hence, he commits your so called sin everyday. i mean, how can a sinner take on all the sins? it contradicts itself, does it not?


I am not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions, I am saying that satan and the demons tempt us to do wrong and we choose to do it.

Jesus is God and was with God (Part of the Holy Trinity) yet forsook his place in heaven to be a man on earth and die for sin.

And yes, all who have sin go to hell because God is Holy and can't have it in His presence in heaven. The good thing is that we only go to hell because we choose to not repent in Jesus Name. And I didn't say satan was the cause of all bad things, rather he is the tempter and we by our own free will choose to give into his temptations.

And yes, killing and adultery are sins, but I don't understand how the existence of Jesus is a sin. Jesus mother got pregnant, but she never had sex, it was the miraculous conception (virgin birth). Mary gave birth as a virgin. And regardless, children who have been born out of wedlock are not sinful, they are just as human and innocent as any other human child. God didn't have sex with Mary, again, she conceived a son by the power of the Holy Spirit and was a virgin when Jesus was born, she had never had sex before Jesus was born.


sir, i do think that your arguments are illogical and cant be proven or even tested...

also, i do not know the bible like something thats more important than my life.

lastly, i do think that it is impossible to impregnant someone, without sex, unless the sperm touches the egg. so, god's sperm went to mary's eggs. therefore, she had birth and is still a virgin? heck, that god is a pervert then... going around putting his sperm into her eggs when she doesnt want it...


I am arguing from a theological perspective because your questions are geared towards Christian theology and what God may say about things. It is impossible to get pregnant without sex, which is why it was a miracle from God. Mary was a virgin when Jesus was conceived, it was a miracle that God preformed so that prophecy about the Messiah may come true and so that God the Son may be born on earth to live a sinless life and die atoning for sin.
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:




James,

What you wrote on the forum shows you are an example in abyss of believing Christian stereotypes.



please do explain to me what is this example in abyss of believing Christian stereotypes you speak of



if im correct, you christians believe that the bible is the words of god. ma'am, i must ask, is the bible not a book printed by man?


You got confused with literally with spiritually words.

[

i mean, if i take a bible and rewrite it or draw on it... is it still the words of god?


Thats doodling.


i do think that it is you christians who are always critizing science and banning a lot of scientific researches.


Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


not to mention, dont you guys rule over the americas and europe? and you still face descrimination? hmm, why not start a crusade or a inquisition?


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism)

2. NO, I (and others) DO NOT want to start a crusade or a inquisition. All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful.




559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09


Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


not to mention, dont you guys rule over the americas and europe? and you still face descrimination? hmm, why not start a crusade or a inquisition?


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism)

2. NO, I (and others) DO NOT want to start a crusade or a inquisition. All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful.









Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful. [sic]


And here, I thought it is about Christian discrimination, not you or your dad. True that not all Christians are against science, but Christian beliefs do sometimes slow the progression of science. Stem cell in the United States is probably one of the common ones.

Another problem with Christianity is that the belief does not provide the person freedom to decide on major issues. Though, it is ultimately the person that will choose so it is just a minor thing. Abortion for example. And "everyone who is not a believer needs to be saved." Or the stereotyped, but surprisingly common: "the non-believers will go to hell."


Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


Now it is about faith, not the discrimination and why they are actually discriminated against.


When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful [sic]


It is indeed an insult of faith, especially when you are faced with massive amounts of evidence that deface the beliefs that you have clung wildly onto. Though, it is agreeable that Christians deserve more respect. They do have the strength to believe in imaginary claims. That is respectable without a doubt. Of course, depending on who is under that "Christian" definition, that can be sarcastic or not. Or both.


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism) [sic]


Anti-Semitics are common, a number of them: Christians.


You got confused with literally with spiritually words[sic]


Is it really a confusion? The book wrote itself?


All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner [sic]


The "sinners" deserve respect, too. They are religiously denigrated by your name-callings. Why are they "sinners" to begin with? Is it really a sin to disrespect others when the Bible asserts that non-believers will go to this theoretical hell?

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock." Deuteronomy 13:13-19

That is rather harsh and disregards human life. And some Christians are actually against abortion.


Well, as you have said, not all Christians are Bible fanatics, but the fact remains that the fundamental belief of Christianity lies on their book.

Or they might just be discriminated for their flagrant display of hypocrisy and only agree to what is beneficial to them as a whole--whether it is to maintain their image or just plain benefits. Not all Christians, of course.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


digs wrote:

What is one instance where Christ called for violence to get what we want? Jesus never said any of that, the crusades may have happened in the name of the Church, but it was contrary to Christ. It isn't Christ who calls for violence but satan. Christ even says this regarding our enemies.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [fn] and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [fn] and pray for those who persecute you,


if it wasnt him, why would the romans go on christian hunt? ohhh? and here i though the church are his followers.... even tho he is dead.

satan? nice indeed. so your saying this mythology guy called satan who is or was an angel is the cause of everything? nice indeed.

ohhh? so youre saying if i kill you, you love me? well, the world dont work that way.

also, here i though he said: Matthew 27:46 My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

hmm, hes a rather big hypocrite... not to mention his criminal nature and hanging around with the lowlives (thieves, beggars, etc.)




Yes, I think Christians who kill or act violent "for Christ" are deceived and use Christ to try and justify their violence. So yes, your statement is what I was trying to get across ^_^

wait, did you not just said for that guy? so who are they being deceived by? that criminal?


The Romans pursecuted the Christians because the world hates conviction. They killed Jesus because of His message, and they killed Christians for it too. Jesus isn't dead :)

You may not believe in satan, but in the context of a Christian argument satan is the one who deceives and causes violence.

And yes, you can kill me for my faith and I will still love you and everyone else. Stephen was stoned to death and in his dying breaths he was praying for those murdering Him.

And God forsake Jesus because on the cross Jesus took upon Himself all the sin of the world. Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, and thus was not under the law of sin and death. Because He was perfect and God Himself, He was able to atone for all the sins of mankind, but by doing so he had to suffer the punishment for sin (death) and take upon all sin. God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists), Jesus took upon all sin, and that is why God had to forsake Himself when Jesus died on the cross.

And they are being deceived by satan and their own foolish natures. The truth is not in what they do.


ohhh? you can say whatever you want but based on text and society standard, jesus is a criminal.

so youre saying satan is the cause just because your christian? which means that if youre christian, everything "bad" you do is because of satan? okay, so lets say you murder someone and because the law would prosecute you for that, when you go to court, you tell them "satan made me do it". very funny.

rather a big masochist you are.

wait, its rather confusing. are you saying that jesus turn god and die? well, what make you so sure? i though you just read it from some book call the bible? you do know that it is written by someone, correct? hence, since you love it so much, how about i add "the newest testament" to it and in it, it tells the life of jesus after he died?


God is Holy and cannot have sin in His presence (that is why hell exists)

hmm, so youre saying this god guy is pushing all the sin onto hell just because he want to be holy? and since you did say that satan is the cause of all bad things. which makes me think, you sure you dont mean that this dude god is giving all the sin to satan so he can look good? pushing the blame onto others... nice indeed

okay? so lets take it like you said that jesus took all the sin? so you christian do consider that adultery and killing a sin, correct? i mean, theres that thou shall not kill thing and thou shall not commit adultery.

if true, then isnt the existance of jesus himself a sin? i mean, look, jesus's mother got pregnant without being married. isnt that adultery? wait, or is she married with some guy named joseph? well, i dont know all these. but if she is, she had sex with that guy named god? well, thats purely adultery. also, thou shall not kill? heck, i doubt jesus could survive without eating... hence, he commits your so called sin everyday. i mean, how can a sinner take on all the sins? it contradicts itself, does it not?


I am not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions, I am saying that satan and the demons tempt us to do wrong and we choose to do it.

Jesus is God and was with God (Part of the Holy Trinity) yet forsook his place in heaven to be a man on earth and die for sin.

And yes, all who have sin go to hell because God is Holy and can't have it in His presence in heaven. The good thing is that we only go to hell because we choose to not repent in Jesus Name. And I didn't say satan was the cause of all bad things, rather he is the tempter and we by our own free will choose to give into his temptations.

And yes, killing and adultery are sins, but I don't understand how the existence of Jesus is a sin. Jesus mother got pregnant, but she never had sex, it was the miraculous conception (virgin birth). Mary gave birth as a virgin. And regardless, children who have been born out of wedlock are not sinful, they are just as human and innocent as any other human child. God didn't have sex with Mary, again, she conceived a son by the power of the Holy Spirit and was a virgin when Jesus was born, she had never had sex before Jesus was born.


sir, i do think that your arguments are illogical and cant be proven or even tested...

also, i do not know the bible like something thats more important than my life.

lastly, i do think that it is impossible to impregnant someone, without sex, unless the sperm touches the egg. so, god's sperm went to mary's eggs. therefore, she had birth and is still a virgin? heck, that god is a pervert then... going around putting his sperm into her eggs when she doesnt want it...


I am arguing from a theological perspective because your questions are geared towards Christian theology and what God may say about things. It is impossible to get pregnant without sex, which is why it was a miracle from God. Mary was a virgin when Jesus was conceived, it was a miracle that God preformed so that prophecy about the Messiah may come true and so that God the Son may be born on earth to live a sinless life and die atoning for sin.


true that my questions and toward the christian theology, but heck, i do not know much about it. i dont study it like my life depends on it.
therefore, dont stick it to my face and tell me "this is how youre suppose to think"

sir, how many miracles can happen because i have yet to see one...
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09


StephyKot87 wrote:




if im correct, you christians believe that the bible is the words of god. ma'am, i must ask, is the bible not a book printed by man?


You got confused with literally with spiritually words.


ohh? and what makes some black print on white paper different from other black print on white paper?



[

i mean, if i take a bible and rewrite it or draw on it... is it still the words of god?


Thats doodling.

okay. but ma'am, do people not put in their own opinions when they write stuff? different person have different views. even if one doesnt put in one's own opinions, a person doesnt see the whole picture often and only writes about a segment.

and if that is indeed doodling, there are all those many versions of that bible thing, and who knows what might have happened to it. revised and revised? text changes over time. many are gone... one can not base everything on text. one must have their own judgment on what part of the text is useful to oneself and what part is meaningless.


Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


what im saying is that you religious people often found fault in the radical science... really...

also, those very religious ones that doesnt even believe in science... i must tell them, please do live in a log cabin somewhere...
and for those who say we're trying to play god... i must ask, do you not eat any medicine your whole life? is that not an act where we try to play god by extending our life?

faith is good as long as it doesnt gets big... christian faith is too big that its destructive...




not to mention, dont you guys rule over the americas and europe? and you still face descrimination? hmm, why not start a crusade or a inquisition?


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism)

2. NO, I (and others) DO NOT want to start a crusade or a inquisition. All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful.

1.well, i do think that majority of the news are propaganda. heck, everytime i turn on the idiotbox its about those celebrities and all those kind of craps. true that some nice little pieces of news might be found, but the news stations have the power to pick what news to show and what now to show. hence, if what i want to see is not there anyways, why would i bother checking it out?

2. sure, so you want equal treatment? well, i must tell you, the world doesnt work like this. if you want equal treatment, the people very unlikely would just give you it. you must make them give you it... and force is the best option.

hate sin, not the sinner? so sin is bad and sinner is good? so i tell someone to kill someone and then he got caught and he should be off and instead i shall be the one who gets prosecuted? heck, hate the sinner not the sin for the sinner is the one stupid enough to commit a sin.

its hurtful, sure, everything is. you cant do anything to stop the insult by only complaining. gain power and make them stop. if they dont, just kill them. the only good man is a dead man.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09


jewishplayer wrote:



Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


not to mention, dont you guys rule over the americas and europe? and you still face descrimination? hmm, why not start a crusade or a inquisition?


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism)

2. NO, I (and others) DO NOT want to start a crusade or a inquisition. All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful.









Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful. [sic]


And here, I thought it is about Christian discrimination, not you or your dad. True that not all Christians are against science, but Christian beliefs do sometimes slow the progression of science. Stem cell in the United States is probably one of the common ones.

Another problem with Christianity is that the belief does not provide the person freedom to decide on major issues. Though, it is ultimately the person that will choose so it is just a minor thing. Abortion for example. And "everyone who is not a believer needs to be saved." Or the stereotyped, but surprisingly common: "the non-believers will go to hell."


Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


Now it is about faith, not the discrimination and why they are actually discriminated against.


When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful [sic]


It is indeed an insult of faith, especially when you are faced with massive amounts of evidence that deface the beliefs that you have clung wildly onto. Though, it is agreeable that Christians deserve more respect. They do have the strength to believe in imaginary claims. That is respectable without a doubt. Of course, depending on who is under that "Christian" definition, that can be sarcastic or not. Or both.


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism) [sic]


Anti-Semitics are common, a number of them: Christians.


You got confused with literally with spiritually words[sic]


Is it really a confusion? The book wrote itself?


All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner [sic]


The "sinners" deserve respect, too. They are religiously denigrated by your name-callings. Why are they "sinners" to begin with? Is it really a sin to disrespect others when the Bible asserts that non-believers will go to this theoretical hell?

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock." Deuteronomy 13:13-19

That is rather harsh and disregards human life. And some Christians are actually against abortion.


Well, as you have said, not all Christians are Bible fanatics, but the fact remains that the fundamental belief of Christianity lies on their book.

Or they might just be discriminated for their flagrant display of hypocrisy and only agree to what is beneficial to them as a whole--whether it is to maintain their image or just plain benefits. Not all Christians, of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay here's the start of my post
-First off, if you're going the screw up the quote system don't make it so that you have half of the actual quote quoted and the other half not. Fix this quote thing because you screwed it up first.
-Second, I feel like I can present a better arguement so I feel like intervening.


And here, I thought it is about Christian discrimination, not you or your dad. True that not all Christians are against science, but Christian beliefs do sometimes slow the progression of science. Stem cell in the United States is probably one of the common ones.

Not like Christianity slowed down all of science, it's technically not the direct cause anyways. It's the Conservatives in the capital you should be pointing at, not religion. I think Conservative politicians at the say they are against stem cell research probably not because they hate all of it but specific parts: the way they obtain the stem cells (killing babies) and the intention of using stem cells to clone. Cloning isn't going to get far anyways because of genetic reasons. I'd explain but it'd take awhile and you can ask if you care but the point is this is the reason why Conservatives frown upon stem cells (although we like the idea of using them to cure people and create limbs and all).


Another problem with Christianity is that the belief does not provide the person freedom to decide on major issues. Though, it is ultimately the person that will choose so it is just a minor thing. Abortion for example. And "everyone who is not a believer needs to be saved." Or the stereotyped, but surprisingly common: "the non-believers will go to hell."

-Well civil law in general doesn't give people a lot of freedom either but i never hear too many complaints about that. Of the christian laws abortion violates one of the ten commandments, thou shall not kill (or better understanding of it is, don't commit premeditated murder). Because the mother is intentionally going to kill the baby (and because christians believe life starts in the womb) she's intentionally commiting murder no matter how you put it.

And "everyone who is not a believer needs to be saved." Or the stereotyped, but surprisingly common: "the non-believers will go to hell."

-Ya I know a lot of bible christians say this, especially the fundamentalists guys on my campus, and I'll tell you they're annoying as hell when they're in your face. I personally don't like those people, they're not in the same line of christianity that i recognize anyways. All Christians do believe that God wants us to recognize him but it's not neccessarily true that just because we believe in him or recognize him that we'll go to heaven. Plus the way they spread the message is just plain retarded, I don't even think the apostles were even that forceful.

Now it is about faith, not the discrimination and why they are actually discriminated against.

-I love how this topic got out of hand really fast. Btw on subject, hate crimes are wrong and do need to be recognized before too much time passes. It's a good thing that girl brought it up, just that the thread got out of hand, and she's not helping. (I ain't either but I wasn't the one who started the thread)

It is indeed an insult of faith, especially when you are faced with massive amounts of evidence that deface the beliefs that you have clung wildly onto. Though, it is agreeable that Christians deserve more respect. They do have the strength to believe in imaginary claims. That is respectable without a doubt. Of course, depending on who is under that "Christian" definition, that can be sarcastic or not. Or both.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

-If you're going to to say "Christians deserve more respect" at least have the decency to refrain from saying anything. Choose whether to be sarcastic or not, it's hard to figure out what the meaning behind what you're trying to say.
-I don't suppose any atheist will ever understand or want to understand that there's a world beyond the physical world.

Anti-Semitics are common, a number of them: Christians.

-Dipstick, not all Christian are like that. Damn, stop stereotyping. And if you're going to streotype at least point out groups of christianity, there's Catholics and then Protestants, and then like at least three subdivisions of prostantantism (even though there probably are more subdivisions than I know)

Is it really a confusion? The book wrote itself?

-I'll have to admit her arguement wasn't straightforward or even clear. I'm not entirely sure what she said either.
-Think of it this way. If Bill Gates told you his autobiography and you wrote that down and published it in a book, who made the story?

The "sinners" deserve respect, too. They are religiously denigrated by your name-callings. Why are they "sinners" to begin with? Is it really a sin to disrespect others when the Bible asserts that non-believers will go to this theoretical hell?

Not really sure where you're going with this.

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock." Deuteronomy 13:13-19

That is rather harsh and disregards human life. And some Christians are actually against abortion.

One quote, you're going to disprove Christianity through one quote, wow. Gonna look up the context of this and get with you on this later.


Well, as you have said, not all Christians are Bible fanatics, but the fact remains that the fundamental belief of Christianity lies on their book.

Or they might just be discriminated for their flagrant display of hypocrisy and only agree to what is beneficial to them as a whole--whether it is to maintain their image or just plain benefits. Not all Christians, of course.

-People in general get confused when they're part of something they don't completely understand, which is like every institution including science.
-Some people out there just make the organization that they're respresenting bad. Piltdown Man for anthropologists for example.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.