First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Christianophobia.....
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Actually Communism itself isn't that great of a government, citizenwise. If you're talking about Socialism then ya, people are hating on that but our government leaned towards Socialist ideas for some of their policies and especially now they're probably going to improve the image for Socialism in America so that the government can start using Socialist ideas without getting tomatoes thrown at them.
Totally off topic, woot.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Actually Communism itself isn't that great of a government, citizenwise. If you're talking about Socialism then ya, people are hating on that but our government leaned towards Socialist ideas for some of their policies and especially now they're probably going to improve the image for Socialism in America so that the government can start using Socialist ideas without getting tomatoes thrown at them.
Totally off topic, woot.


I meant that when most people think of Communism, they usually think of Stalin and the Purges, secret police, etc that have nothing to do with "true" Communism.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Actually Communism itself isn't that great of a government, citizenwise. If you're talking about Socialism then ya, people are hating on that but our government leaned towards Socialist ideas for some of their policies and especially now they're probably going to improve the image for Socialism in America so that the government can start using Socialist ideas without getting tomatoes thrown at them.
Totally off topic, woot.


I meant that when most people think of Communism, they usually think of Stalin and the Purges, secret police, etc that have nothing to do with "true" Communism.


What's true Communism, like is it any good for the people at all?
Posted 3/23/09


Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


not to mention, dont you guys rule over the americas and europe? and you still face descrimination? hmm, why not start a crusade or a inquisition?


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism)

2. NO, I (and others) DO NOT want to start a crusade or a inquisition. All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful.









Just because I'm Christian (and others) DOSE NOT MEAN I HATE SCIENCE. I love science! My Dad is a Science Teacher.
Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


To let you know, I'm not a kind a person who put religious on my sleeve or JEsusFreak. But my faith of God, love and happiness is a important part of my life. When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful. [sic]


And here, I thought it is about Christian discrimination, not you or your dad. True that not all Christians are against science, but Christian beliefs do sometimes slow the progression of science. Stem cell in the United States is probably one of the common ones.

Another problem with Christianity is that the belief does not provide the person freedom to decide on major issues. Though, it is ultimately the person that will choose so it is just a minor thing. Abortion for example. And "everyone who is not a believer needs to be saved." Or the stereotyped, but surprisingly common: "the non-believers will go to hell."


Note this: Christianity (along w/ Judaism) is about Faith, not science.


Now it is about faith, not the discrimination and why they are actually discriminated against.


When people started to bully and insulting my faith, its hurtful [sic]


It is indeed an insult of faith, especially when you are faced with massive amounts of evidence that deface the beliefs that you have clung wildly onto. Though, it is agreeable that Christians deserve more respect. They do have the strength to believe in imaginary claims. That is respectable without a doubt. Of course, depending on who is under that "Christian" definition, that can be sarcastic or not. Or both.


1. If you pay attentions to news and news article there is a far secular progressive descriminating Christianity (along w/ Anti-Semitism) [sic]


Anti-Semitics are common, a number of them: Christians.


You got confused with literally with spiritually words[sic]


Is it really a confusion? The book wrote itself?


All I want is to stop insults, threats and gave Christians respect just like any others. Hate sin, not the sinner [sic]


The "sinners" deserve respect, too. They are religiously denigrated by your name-callings. Why are they "sinners" to begin with? Is it really a sin to disrespect others when the Bible asserts that non-believers will go to this theoretical hell?

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock." Deuteronomy 13:13-19

That is rather harsh and disregards human life. And some Christians are actually against abortion.


Well, as you have said, not all Christians are Bible fanatics, but the fact remains that the fundamental belief of Christianity lies on their book.

Or they might just be discriminated for their flagrant display of hypocrisy and only agree to what is beneficial to them as a whole--whether it is to maintain their image or just plain benefits. Not all Christians, of course.


This is getting really annoying how many times I had explain it over and over again. Also I do respect people who all "sinners" and others with different faiths. Its obvious we all born with sins; nobody, including Christians, aren't perfect. About explaining my view and how I feel; I not saying for all Christians.




5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Actually Communism itself isn't that great of a government, citizenwise. If you're talking about Socialism then ya, people are hating on that but our government leaned towards Socialist ideas for some of their policies and especially now they're probably going to improve the image for Socialism in America so that the government can start using Socialist ideas without getting tomatoes thrown at them.
Totally off topic, woot.


I meant that when most people think of Communism, they usually think of Stalin and the Purges, secret police, etc that have nothing to do with "true" Communism.


What's true Communism, like is it any good for the people at all?


There are many types of Communism, but (I think, going from memory here) the original Marxist idea of Communism is that there is no real government, and all goods and property are spread completely evenly to everyone. It's only really possible in a society where everyone is willing to cooperate for the sake of the entire society, or the state, not just for themselves, so individuality is pretty much non-existant. It's supposed to ensure that everyone has what they need to survive, and that everyone is treated equally, but since we're greedy humans that's never going to happen.

Stalin took the "society before the individual" concept and took it to the extreme by killing everyone who didn't agree with his idea that "everyone is equal, but some people (like him) are more equal than others." His type of Communism is the corrupt kind of Communism, which is the type that most people usually think about, but it's way different from Karl Marx's original idea of Communism.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Actually Communism itself isn't that great of a government, citizenwise. If you're talking about Socialism then ya, people are hating on that but our government leaned towards Socialist ideas for some of their policies and especially now they're probably going to improve the image for Socialism in America so that the government can start using Socialist ideas without getting tomatoes thrown at them.
Totally off topic, woot.


I meant that when most people think of Communism, they usually think of Stalin and the Purges, secret police, etc that have nothing to do with "true" Communism.


What's true Communism, like is it any good for the people at all?


There are many types of Communism, but (I think, going from memory here) the original Marxist idea of Communism is that there is no real government, and all goods and property are spread completely evenly to everyone. It's only really possible in a society where everyone is willing to cooperate for the sake of the entire society, or the state, not just for themselves, so individuality is pretty much non-existant. It's supposed to ensure that everyone has what they need to survive, and that everyone is treated equally, but since we're greedy humans that's never going to happen.

Stalin took the "society before the individual" concept and took it to the extreme by killing everyone who didn't agree with his idea that "everyone is equal, but some people (like him) are more equal than others." His type of Communism is the corrupt kind of Communism, which is the type that most people usually think about, but it's way different from Karl Marx's original idea of Communism.


Isn't that what we call Socialism now?
Posted 3/23/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:
What about Christians during Roman times? The Roman treated them awful.


That isn't as well-known or talked about much because it is overshadowed by things like the Inquisitions, the Crusades, witch hunts, the Great Schisms, and countless other negative events throughout the history of Christianity. Even though not all Christians like that, and the actual faith (the Bible) doesn't promote those actions, it's still hard for many people (anti-theists) to look past those events and realize that it's the people's fault, not the religion's fault. Just like many people don't like Communism because of what a lot of supposedly Communist leaders have done throughout history, even though Communism has nothing to do with their horrible actions.


Thanks you for noticing that. A lot of people are very mislead what's Christianity real means because based negative events in history. I my speaking out from the heart what's occurring, thats all.

At least you understand what I'm getting at.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09 , edited 3/23/09

crunchypibb wrote:

Isn't that what we call Socialism now?


Pretty much, except I think in Marxist Communism there is no government to distribute goods and money and ensure that everyone gets what they need, every single person willingly and actively cooperates together for the good of the society.
Posted 3/23/09



You are twisted it what I'm saying.

If you still don't understand or you just playing my words to make me look like a fool, then I don't know what else to explain.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

StephyKot87 wrote:




You are twisted it what I'm saying.

If you still don't understand or you just playing my words to make me look like a fool, then I don't know what else to explain.


i am trying to show you another point of view, if you havnt notice...

also, it is true that i am trying to add some humor onto my speech (you can call that making a fool out of you if u want... since its basically the same) since humor is the best way to get people to think.

Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:




You are twisted it what I'm saying.

If you still don't understand or you just playing my words to make me look like a fool, then I don't know what else to explain.


i am trying to show you another point of view, if you havnt notice...

also, it is true that i am trying to add some humor onto my speech (you can call that making a fool out of you if u want... since its basically the same) since humor is the best way to get people to think.



I'm sorry. I guess I miss understand you.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

StephyKot87 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:




You are twisted it what I'm saying.

If you still don't understand or you just playing my words to make me look like a fool, then I don't know what else to explain.


i am trying to show you another point of view, if you havnt notice...

also, it is true that i am trying to add some humor onto my speech (you can call that making a fool out of you if u want... since its basically the same) since humor is the best way to get people to think.



I'm sorry. I guess I miss understand you.


well, maybe you didnt... it is true that i try to make fun of u... but im also trying to teach you how to think... well, it is meaninless to teach someone who doesnt want to learn anyways but please do read over what i wrote and think about it...

Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:
hate sin, not the sinner? so sin is bad and sinner is good? so i tell someone to kill someone and then he got caught and he should be off and instead i shall be the one who gets prosecuted? heck, hate the sinner not the sin for the sinner is the one stupid enough to commit a sin.


As in, hate their actions rather than the person. I don't think anyone meant the 'sinner' was good, just that we shouldn't hate them. Perhaps. Though I understand actions do define a person, I think this a fair rule to live by under certain circumstances. For example: When a friend does something and you become mad at them for doing it. You don't hate your friend, you hate their action. Killing is an extreme action so I doubt I'd apply it there though, I agree with you on that.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

cerisey wrote:


o0James0o wrote:
hate sin, not the sinner? so sin is bad and sinner is good? so i tell someone to kill someone and then he got caught and he should be off and instead i shall be the one who gets prosecuted? heck, hate the sinner not the sin for the sinner is the one stupid enough to commit a sin.


As in, hate their actions rather than the person. I don't think anyone meant the 'sinner' was good, just that we shouldn't hate them. Perhaps. Though I understand actions do define a person, I think this a fair rule to live by under certain circumstances. For example: When a friend does something and you become mad at them for doing it. You don't hate your friend, you hate their action. Killing is an extreme action so I doubt I'd apply it there though, I agree with you on that.


well, let me ask, does action have a will of its own? no? hence, is it not the person who caused the action? so youre telling me that i must hate something that is brainless instead of hating the cause?

also, my position on this is that if a person tells another person to do something, since the person being told have a mind of their own, he/she can deny it. well, maybe under certain circumstances he/she is being threatened but still he/she can deny such actions. the consequences is ,of course, costly tho.

well, i dont think the above example is good... so let me give you another one.
lets take it that i tell someone to jump down the window and that person jumped. am i in fault here because someone who cant think just listened to what i said?
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:




You are twisted it what I'm saying.

If you still don't understand or you just playing my words to make me look like a fool, then I don't know what else to explain.


i am trying to show you another point of view, if you havnt notice...

also, it is true that i am trying to add some humor onto my speech (you can call that making a fool out of you if u want... since its basically the same) since humor is the best way to get people to think.



I'm sorry. I guess I miss understand you.


well, maybe you didnt... it is true that i try to make fun of u... but im also trying to teach you how to think... well, it is meaninless to teach someone who doesnt want to learn anyways but please do read over what i wrote and think about it...



I do think, like a lot. So much to the point almost got sinus headache.

I'm not teachin anyone nor see ourselves as victims, its not like that. I want to beware of such things, even though it's not recognized yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.