First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Atheist in America!?!
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


cerisey wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:

hmm, im agnostic. i do not believe in god, or at least, not the so called god of theirs... i mean, i rather be god... i am playing god all the time, am i not?

anyways, i do believe that theres a divine creator(s)...

'Than your not a Agnothic...
An Agnostic is a person who does not rule out there being a chance of there being a god... But one can not know till more evidences, or infermation is found. IF you think that there is a creator, just not a christion type god, than your not a christion. if you think there maby could be a god than your agnostic, but if you think there is a god your not agnostic. Make sense?


heck, what dont you get? there is a creator because how else could we be here? but of course it wont be those w.e religion god for they are man made.

look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.

agnostic means someone who is unsure of the existance of god or creator or whatsoever due to the fact they have no evidence of such. but hey, it did not say that they do not believe in such. and in any logical sense, there ought to be some intelligent being that created all this. i mean, you dont just pop out of nowhere, or do you?


What is this logical sense? Atheists use the logic that there is another possibility. That there is no proof of a higher power and therefore we must search for an answer. I've yet to see any logic behind a creator, because of the obvious question raised: How did the creator get here? Or did they just pop our of nowhere?

Nobody claims we just popped out of nowhere anyway. There is a huge theory behind it that we all call the big bang. I know little about it, and can't argue with you about whether it's true or not. But even so, it sounds more logical to me. There is no sound or definite explanation as to a creator existing. Please don't insult atheists with your baseless doubt. If only makes you look ignorant.


thats a good question, how indeed did all these happened?

a theory is by no chance concrete proof -- there is no such thing as concrete proof anyways... sorry for the insult but i still do not like those people associating themselves with atheism...


There is not concrete proof (or any) for a higher power either. That's what I was saying since you claimed those who don't believe in a creator to be ignorant morons since it's 'logical'. Fair enough though, I suppose, I'm not trying to have a personal argument (with insults and such) but I think I'm something along the lines of an atheist so that's why,
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

o0James0o wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


darkmagiciangirl911 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:

hmm, im agnostic. i do not believe in god, or at least, not the so called god of theirs... i mean, i rather be god... i am playing god all the time, am i not?

anyways, i do believe that theres a divine creator(s)...

'Than your not a Agnothic...
An Agnostic is a person who does not rule out there being a chance of there being a god... But one can not know till more evidences, or infermation is found. IF you think that there is a creator, just not a christion type god, than your not a christion. if you think there maby could be a god than your agnostic, but if you think there is a god your not agnostic. Make sense?


heck, what dont you get? there is a creator because how else could we be here? but of course it wont be those w.e religion god for they are man made.

look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.

agnostic means someone who is unsure of the existance of god or creator or whatsoever due to the fact they have no evidence of such. but hey, it did not say that they do not believe in such. and in any logical sense, there ought to be some intelligent being that created all this. i mean, you dont just pop out of nowhere, or do you?


Someone? That's the problem that I have with the idea of God. Human are flawed by nature. Therefore is a god is a "someone" he/she is flawed. If "the creator" themselves is flawed, the product will be flawed to the core. If the world is flawed, "sins" are inevitable and can't be avoided. If sins are unavoidable, a person will most definitely go to hell. Heaven is seen as a utopia created by the creator. If the creator is flawed, nothing he makes can be without flaw, therefore heaven is a utopia in the literal meaning of the word, "no place". Therefore is a god exists he cannot be a "someone" but a "something".


if you judge sin by those of christian doctrine, heck then we're all sinners. and if were all sinners, then what meaning is the word sin? and if the word sin have no meaning, why bother teaching it? and if we dont teach it, then there wont be it. and if there isnt such thing known as sin, then we're all just very humane to the core. and if were so human to the core, there ought to be a certain person that would want to create an utopia on earth. and if we do want to do that, then we are playing god. and if we play god, then religious groups would come out and critize. and if that happens, there would be a thing known as "revolution".

i know not of god being a someone or something for i have yet to seen him. but heck, if god is divine, then i shall be divine. if god is immortal, then so shall i be. and if i am all those of god's, then am i not god? the answer is yes and no. it is true that i might become a god on earth or the universe, but heck, am i not created by some intelligent being(s)? why are things so complex and in 3d? why do we think? we do we live? are they not set upon sometime before our age? then the one who set all those up are the one who i can never reach, for he/she created me. but heck, the creation ends with the death of i. if i must die, why not deny fate and become god itself? or at least, a god on earth.

Atheist: a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings
You are not an atheist.

congratulations on repeating what i said, i do think im more of an agnostic... but seems like that dude disagrees...

Did you not say that there is a creator? YOU did not say there might be a creator, you said there is a some type of creator, as if your 100% About that. Thats just not agnostic, am I wrong?

anyways, i do believe that theres a divine creator(s)...

Is that not what you said?



true that, but what different is that when i highly doubt about it either way? there ought to be someone or something that made all these.... well, how else did it happen? pop out of nowhere? maybe.

or maybe a chain reaction of atoms? but what or who created the atoms?

or maybe believe in the bible or something and that god created the world in 7 days with everything looking like it is?

theres so much we dont know yet we spend all our lives doing worthless stuff on earth... really.... a waste...

anyways, i do think my best association would be with agnosticism... or you can give me another one...

I Think you might be more of a Deists.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

cerisey wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


cerisey wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


o0James0o wrote:

hmm, im agnostic. i do not believe in god, or at least, not the so called god of theirs... i mean, i rather be god... i am playing god all the time, am i not?

anyways, i do believe that theres a divine creator(s)...

'Than your not a Agnothic...
An Agnostic is a person who does not rule out there being a chance of there being a god... But one can not know till more evidences, or infermation is found. IF you think that there is a creator, just not a christion type god, than your not a christion. if you think there maby could be a god than your agnostic, but if you think there is a god your not agnostic. Make sense?


heck, what dont you get? there is a creator because how else could we be here? but of course it wont be those w.e religion god for they are man made.

look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.

agnostic means someone who is unsure of the existance of god or creator or whatsoever due to the fact they have no evidence of such. but hey, it did not say that they do not believe in such. and in any logical sense, there ought to be some intelligent being that created all this. i mean, you dont just pop out of nowhere, or do you?


What is this logical sense? Atheists use the logic that there is another possibility. That there is no proof of a higher power and therefore we must search for an answer. I've yet to see any logic behind a creator, because of the obvious question raised: How did the creator get here? Or did they just pop our of nowhere?

Nobody claims we just popped out of nowhere anyway. There is a huge theory behind it that we all call the big bang. I know little about it, and can't argue with you about whether it's true or not. But even so, it sounds more logical to me. There is no sound or definite explanation as to a creator existing. Please don't insult atheists with your baseless doubt. If only makes you look ignorant.


thats a good question, how indeed did all these happened?

a theory is by no chance concrete proof -- there is no such thing as concrete proof anyways... sorry for the insult but i still do not like those people associating themselves with atheism...


There is not concrete proof (or any) for a higher power either. That's what I was saying since you claimed those who don't believe in a creator to be ignorant morons since it's 'logical'. Fair enough though, I suppose, I'm not trying to have a personal argument (with insults and such) but I think I'm something along the lines of an atheist so that's why,


hmmm.... i see... well, guess i might see atheists in a different light...

anyways... just a question to ask... so how do u think all this happened? did someone or something create it or did it just came out of nowhere? i do think that big bang theory is about how the universe came to place and expanded but it didnt say how the stuff that must be needed for that big bang to happen came to existence... really... so much we dont know... we really shouild start immortalizing ourselves and move onto space to learn and maybe, conquer some aliens....
Posted 3/23/09


haha, well I heard something about it starting with forces or something. I don't understand it. To be honest I don't know what I believe on how it started, just what I believe for the rest of it. And for me personally, it doesn't involve a specific godlike being.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:



hmm.... that might be... if i do remember correctly... its with those 17-18th century enlightenment... i guess i shall change my belief
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/23/09

cerisey wrote:



haha, well I heard something about it starting with forces or something. I don't understand it. To be honest I don't know what I believe on how it started, just what I believe for the rest of it. And for me personally, it doesn't involve a specific godlike being.

well, there ought to be something or someone who created all these... tho we dont know how that something or someone come to existence... true that big bang might just happen on its own, but i do think that there are requirements for ingredients... so how did those ingredients come into existence? doubt i will solve this my whole lifetime... so i guess i shall immortalize myself
Posted 3/24/09
I think our universe is inside some beings thumbnail like a speck of dirt. No proof that this is true but I cannot be proven wrong either. Which is how I think some people are starting to view the reason for our creation, yeah there maybe a higher power but history and science have more evidence to the contrary. My theory may be out there but I do not worship the being whose thumbnail I reside nor do I belief it has a set of rules for humanity to follow it has no heaven or hell and probably does not notice us just like a speck of dirt can not be noticed without real close examination. Worship want you want, but if you start claiming that your creator wishes humanity to act this way and must follow a set of rules while you use money and power to try to lock people down in the system you have set up, than we have a problem. People may just be opening up to the fact that religion is being backed into a corner as science makes leaps and bounds towards more solid answers as to why we are and how we came to be. And the ones who claim to have direct links to their god often contradict themselves which in turn may make people view the religion with new found or more skepticism.
Posted 3/24/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


kyoukoujin wrote:

The thing I could say is the ones who contributed to the raise of that statistics could be the teens.
Teens not only deal with identity crisis but they also deal on what to believe in. So, they experiment or not to.



Well, as people get to their late middle age years, there's a tendency of them to stick to what they believe the most. Thus, they just become slightly open to others' views and beliefs.


Do you think the survey used teens? Usually don't they use people of voting age and up when doing the surveys? I might wrong about that, I am just asking.


I have no idea. You should get more info about that since you're the one who brought this topic.




Besides, adolescents are capable of thinking at an adult level. Their cognitive is considered in formal operations. Abstract thought is possible, and adolescents can deal with principles. The adolescent can evaluate the quality of his/her own thinking. Thus, attention span becomes longer compared against school-age children (5-12 yrs.).

As for adults, critical thinking skills improve and memory peaks in the 20s. There is a greater ability for creative thought.



In the end, I don't know why teens should not be considered in the survey if their cognitive level is at the same par as the adults'.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/24/09



my definition for atheist? heck i say, is it not you who added a whole list of stuff to make complicate the easy to understand definition?

indeed, trying to act smart and in fact a fool

Passing the "definition-making" to me? It is you who made up your own meaning of a word, not me.


"Atheist" by definition is a person who does not believe in God or gods; supreme beings.


If you actually consider that complicated...then you might be "trying to act smart and in fact a fool."

P.S. Your statements/phrases work perfectly. Thanks!
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/24/09
I dunno...seems like people aren't as anal about being a good Christian as they were 100 years ago. I think it has to do with the church being seperate from the government (which is a good thing, in my opinion). Plus, with all the advances in science, a lot of people are truning more to rational thought and reasoning than to their God. And I imagine a lot of people are becoming bitter and cynical in regards to religion because a lot of bad shit is going on in the world and people pray for world peace and pray for the ecenomy to be better, and nothing changes. So that probably has something to do with it, too.

Personally, I'm agnostic...and yes, it's due to a bitterness towards a God I called for help and received no answer.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

jewishplayer wrote:




my definition for atheist? heck i say, is it not you who added a whole list of stuff to make complicate the easy to understand definition?

indeed, trying to act smart and in fact a fool

Passing the "definition-making" to me? It is you who made up your own meaning of a word, not me.


"Atheist" by definition is a person who does not believe in God or gods; supreme beings.


If you actually consider that complicated...then you might be "trying to act smart and in fact a fool."

P.S. Your statements/phrases work perfectly. Thanks!


ahh, please do read over my previous posts carefully for i find you miss understood and ignorant

is it not you who added a whole bunch of crap after your

"Atheist" by definition is a person who does not believe in God or gods; supreme beings.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

Once again, I must use your statements: "I find you miss understood [misunderstood] and ignorant."

You see, sir, this

This does not state "creator or anything."


is a follow up to the definition, which is actually the definition itself.

This


There can be a creator other than God, but surely, it is not a supreme being for Atheists. No one knows (those group of people assumed) if "someone" is even the right pronoun for this.


is another follow up but, this time, it is related to


look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.


After that, I typed


Truly ignorant morons, are not they? Maybe not. Unless there is a new definition of "atheist."


which shifts the focus to what you defined "atheist" as.

Then, this


Or some ignorant moron redefined the word to fit his/her context


completely focused on what you stated.

"I find you misunderstood and ignorant."
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

jewishplayer wrote:


Once again, I must use your statements: "I find you miss understood [misunderstood] and ignorant."

You see, sir, this

This does not state "creator or anything."


is a follow up to the definition, which is actually the definition itself.

This


There can be a creator other than God, but surely, it is not a supreme being for Atheists. No one knows (those group of people assumed) if "someone" is even the right pronoun for this.


is another follow up but, this time, it is related to


look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.


After that, I typed


Truly ignorant morons, are not they? Maybe not. Unless there is a new definition of "atheist."


which shifts the focus to what you defined "atheist" as.

Then, this


Or some ignorant moron redefined the word to fit his/her context


completely focused on what you stated.

"I find you misunderstood and ignorant."



what part of this did you not see? rather blind, arent you?



is a follow up to the definition, which is actually the definition itself.
my good sir, are you not telling me that you just made a follow up and declared it the definition? nice

i dont give a feces about your so called follow up. the definition is clear and simple. dont make it so complicated and dont go around repeating what i said...

truly ignorant moron you are
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/24/09


Let me emphasize what I saw instead of what I did not see.


look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.


Compare the definition of "atheist" to your definition, which is


a person who does not believe in God or gods; supreme beings.
.

You see it? Alright. (Hint: "atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. ")



is a follow up to the definition, which is actually the definition itself.
my good sir, are you not telling me that you just made a follow up and declared it the definition? nice


It appears that you took that out of context. Look back at the definition of "atheist."

Did you look? Let us move on.



This does not state "creator or anything."


The word "this" in the quote above refers to the definition of "atheist."
You see, sir, I then wrote "does not state 'creator or anything.'" Then, I went into saying that "is actually the definition itself."

I merely mentioned that the definition of atheist does not contain the words "creator" (it does but in a very specific form) or "anything," which is still the definition of it. I merely emphasized what words are not it in. It does not modify the meaning but states what is not included in it.


i dont give a feces about your so called follow up. the definition is clear and simple. dont make it so complicated and dont go around repeating what i said...


It is indeed a "clear and simple" definition, yet, you made your own just for it to fit your argument. "Don't make it so complicated."

"Truly ignorant moron you are."
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/24/09

jewishplayer wrote:



Let me emphasize what I saw instead of what I did not see.


look here, atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. i mean, heck, its obvious theyre ignorant morons. in any logical sense there ought to be someone(s) who created all this.


Compare the definition of "atheist" to your definition, which is


a person who does not believe in God or gods; supreme beings.
.

You see it? Alright. (Hint: "atheist means you completely dont believe in god or creator or anything. ")



is a follow up to the definition, which is actually the definition itself.
my good sir, are you not telling me that you just made a follow up and declared it the definition? nice


It appears that you took that out of context. Look back at the definition of "atheist."

Did you look? Let us move on.



This does not state "creator or anything."


The word "this" in the quote above refers to the definition of "atheist."
You see, sir, I then wrote "does not state 'creator or anything.'" Then, I went into saying that "is actually the definition itself."

I merely mentioned that the definition of atheist does not contain the words "creator" (it does but in a very specific form) or "anything," which is still the definition of it. I merely emphasized what words are not it in. It does not modify the meaning but states what is not included in it.


i dont give a feces about your so called follow up. the definition is clear and simple. dont make it so complicated and dont go around repeating what i said...


It is indeed a "clear and simple" definition, yet, you made your own just for it to fit your argument. "Don't make it so complicated."

"Truly ignorant moron you are."


sir, it seems like you found out that i forgot to write "of that sort" after anything.


There can be a creator other than God, but surely, it is not a supreme being for Atheists.
guess you do speak the whole atheist population, do you not?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.