First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Earth Hour: Vote Earth - the first global election!
Posted 3/25/09
Here is their official website:
http://www.voteearth2009.org/home/

On March 28, you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights from 8:30 to 9:30 PM.
Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on.

The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.


So are you in or not? I am. It's time to be more active, instead of just complaining!

Post your thoughts about the election here!
Posted 3/25/09
An hour in the dark?
It's a good idea, an hour in the dark is nothing compared to losing our only home
Posted 3/25/09
Yeah, like the earth, but what am I gonna do in that hour?

I haven't played imaginative games since childhood.
Posted 3/25/09
thanks buddy
Posted 3/25/09

Fujiwara10 wrote:

Yeah, like the earth, but what am I gonna do in that hour?

I haven't played imaginative games since childhood.


Hey it's just lights
Watch your T.V

Posted 3/25/09

Yaya_Mina wrote:


Fujiwara10 wrote:

Yeah, like the earth, but what am I gonna do in that hour?

I haven't played imaginative games since childhood.


Hey it's just lights
Watch your T.V



Oh that. I get it. I'll probably sleep.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/25/09
I will probably do it but its kinda meaningless.

Some people may feel good about themselves just because they turned off the lights for an hour. And then they don't think about the environment at all

Posted 3/25/09


This is entirely shit, I'll just play with every light I have at home

Posted 3/25/09

mystic17 wrote:

thanks buddy


No prob! I was just surprised no one made this yet when I searched for it a little while ago...

OT: All you have to turn off are your lights (every light in your house, not just one room). You can still play video games or use your computer. But don't go over-the-top and switch on every other thing in your house! lol
And please tell everyone you know about Earth Hour, if they haven't already heard of it. Try and convince them, too! Thanks!
Posted 3/25/09

annechloe wrote:


mystic17 wrote:

thanks buddy


No prob! I was just surprised no one made this yet when I searched for it a little while ago...

OT: All you have to turn off are your lights (every light in your house, not just one room). You can still play video games or use your computer. But don't go over-the-top and switch on every other thing in your house! lol
And please tell everyone you know about Earth Hour, if they haven't already heard of it. Try and convince them, too! Thanks!


Sadly I have a objection

''You all'' is a term used to ''everybody'', but there are people which needs light to watch anime, play videogames, or are just playing with the computer.

Even the anime are making ad's for '' watch anime in a room with light'' or else you can become blind, my friend.
Videogames do you need to play in a room with light
playing with the computer, is the same.
or do they want you to wear glasses

So I'd say this is just some bull shit, made up by the ''Government'' to waste your life

I'll turn every light in my home on and off, just to waste ''electricity''



Posted 3/25/09


Oh, right, I forgot about those things. Well, you can always just light a candle, or go to sleep, or have a nice conversation with your family. It's just ONE hour. And about that "made up by the government" thing, what would they benefit from "wasting", our lives, anyway? But to each his own, I guess. Go "waste electricity", if you really want to. It's your bill.
4590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/25/09

Baka-Master wrote:


annechloe wrote:


mystic17 wrote:

thanks buddy


No prob! I was just surprised no one made this yet when I searched for it a little while ago...

OT: All you have to turn off are your lights (every light in your house, not just one room). You can still play video games or use your computer. But don't go over-the-top and switch on every other thing in your house! lol
And please tell everyone you know about Earth Hour, if they haven't already heard of it. Try and convince them, too! Thanks!


Sadly I have a objection

''You all'' is a term used to ''everybody'', but there are people which needs light to watch anime, play videogames, or are just playing with the computer.

Even the anime are making ad's for '' watch anime in a room with light'' or else you can become blind, my friend.
Videogames do you need to play in a room with light
playing with the computer, is the same.
or do they want you to wear glasses

So I'd say this is just some bull shit, made up by the ''Government'' to waste your life

I'll turn every light in my home on and off, just to waste ''electricity''





Amen. Besides, how the hell does the electricity we use effect global warming anyway? My home isn't emitting anything harmful into the atmosphere. I don't believe in the so called dangers of global warming either. I've got my reasons, and they make sense, but I'm not going to take the time to explain. But if it makes anyone feel better, the lights in my house are usually off by 8:30 anyway so I can watch a movie or play a game =/
Posted 3/25/09
its not like it's rocket science...just take a break from using your electronics & the radiation it gives off ^_^
268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/09 , edited 3/25/09
I don't see a point. Change is natural. A changing Earth is natural aswell.
Posted 3/25/09 , edited 3/25/09

scrag_10 wrote:

I don't see a point. Change is natural. A changing Earth is natural as well.


But since GW is due to unnatural causes, there is a point
if you want future generations to survive
turn out your lights for an hour
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.