Downloading GIMP and Brushes
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 3/25/09 , edited 5/24/09
If you wish to download GIMP :

GIMP for Windows
GIMP for Mac OS X
GIMP for Unix

If you want to download brushes for GIMP Click Here.

To find what you're looking for, just type in gimp brushes, and click on the ones you want. Be careful not to download photoshop brushes, they don't work for gimp.

If you want to download fonts Click Here

If you don't know how to open the zip folder, just follow these steps:

1. Download the brushes (make sure you know where they are being downloaded to)
2. Make a new folder on your desktop, label it however you want, move the files to it
3. Right Click on the zip folder, and click "Extract Here"
4. The brushes should appear, if you double click on one, it should automatically open up GIMP

These steps should work for most zip folders and you should be able to use the brushes you downloaded. This works for the font zip folders as well, though you will have to go in to your control panel, click on fonts, and move the files to the folder so they can be installed.

Posted 5/6/09 , edited 7/24/09
hey i have another question

i found these brushes i liked
http://project-gimpbc.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Glitter-Brushes-63531487
http://redheadstock.deviantart.com/art/Glitter-Sparkles-Brushes-48646588

Questions




Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 5/7/09


Posted 5/8/09 , edited 7/24/09



ok i downloaded the brushes but.....How Do I Use Them?

Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 5/8/09

XxWinter_MistxX wrote:

ok i downloaded the brushes but.....How Do I Use Them?



Add them to GIMP brushes. CLICK HERE
Learner
31367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/8/09

kurai_tsuki92 wrote:

If you wish to download GIMP :

GIMP for Windows
GIMP for Mac OS X
GIMP for Unix

If you want to download brushes for GIMP Click Here.

To find what you're looking for, just type in gimp brushes, and click on the ones you want. Be careful not to download photoshop brushes, they don't work for gimp.

If you want to download fonts Click Here

If you don't know how to open the zip folder, just follow these steps:

1. Download the brushes (make sure you know where they are being downloaded to)
2. Make a new folder on your desktop, label it however you want, move the files to it
3. Right Click on the zip folder, and click "Extract Here"
4. The brushes should appear, if you double click on one, it should automatically open up GIMP

These steps should work for most zip folders and you should be able to use the brushes you downloaded. This works for the font zip folders as well, though you will have to go in to your control panel, click on fonts, and move the files to the folder so they can be installed.



How do open a zip folder for fonts? where do you put them in? what folder?
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 6/8/09

sugaripod262 wrote:



How do open a zip folder for fonts? where do you put them in? what folder?



Make a folder, and move what you download to it.

3. Right Click on the zip folder, and click "Extract Here"
4. The brushes should appear, if you double click on one, it should automatically open up GIMP

Or sometimes the brushes will automatically install themselves in gimp, this happened to one person that i was helping before.

Posted 7/8/09 , edited 7/24/09
ok I've downloaded a few but the others I extracted and everything but GIMP can't read it or something and what brushes would you suggest?

Answered
Creator
11276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 7/24/09

coolmissy wrote:

ok I've downloaded a few but the others I extracted and everything but GIMP can't read it or something and what brushes would you suggest?


You have to be careful with the brushes you download, some of them might not work in gimp. If you go to deviantart.com and look at redheadstock 's brushes, this person has a wide selection of brushes to get. If you're not sure if the brushes will work in gimp look at the description for the brushes. It should say works for Gimp 2.0 and up ect.

Link: http://redheadstock.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured
You must be logged in to post.