First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Could jumping off an object at the last second save your life?
318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/09
I saw this on MythBusters; apparently, you can reduce about 5mph. so you'd probably still die.
39285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / (For Smaticals: T...
Offline
Posted 3/30/09
You'll die either way.
Unless they're are a bajillion pillows on the ground.
12698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
now why would we...
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

Gaia93 wrote:

I herd about this somewhere before, and I thought it was interesting.

Say you're standing on a platform above ground, maybe at least 30 feet or higher (don't ask why you're up there, just answer it). All of a sudden that platform falls. Could jumping off it seconds before it hits the ground save you?

Of course if you jump or fall off something that's high you might break a couple of bones or die.
But if you jump off something shorter the landing won't be as bad.

Dose anyone get what I'm saying?


uh..i dont know if this would be the best choice but i would just stay on the "platform" er..when it hits the ground the bottom will hit first and reduce the shock that hits you..eh..unless it splinters and shatters and stuff..then youve been..shiskebabed..ewwie, hehe either way..its not exactly your luckiest day
Posted 3/31/09
30 ft? that's not very high so yeah, i would jump
2469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
no.. u'll be fallin at the same speed as the object...
4334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
Lets see,


OBJECT = OB
ME = I

I on OB, falling at lets say 15mph, depends on how you jump, my friends tested this once.


Jump high and make sure you don't jump forward, you have a 60% chance of breaking your bones and 40% chance of survival.
Posted 3/31/09

Gaia93 wrote:

I herd about this somewhere before, and I thought it was interesting.

Say you're standing on a platform above ground, maybe at least 30 feet or higher (don't ask why you're up there, just answer it). All of a sudden that platform falls. Could jumping off it seconds before it hits the ground save you?

Of course if you jump or fall off something that's high you might break a couple of bones or die.
But if you jump off something shorter the landing won't be as bad.

Dose anyone get what I'm saying?


Not at all.
But that's okay.
Except that my head hurts.
Posted 1/2/10
OP has nuked. Anyone is welcome to recreate it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.