First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Whats Ghetto?
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 12/21/07
Ghetto life......personally i know very little about because.....I was raised in a suburb.....but the world of ghetto has developed into a trend instead of a project where I guess it just represents ignorance.......songs like 'Hood Rich" and terms like "Ghetto Fabulous" never made since to me what do you think ghetto is?


I'm sorry but this pic was funny!
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/21/07
i dont even know where to start
Fan
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / for the love of g...
Offline
Posted 12/22/07
If Ghetto means poor and living on the streets and striving to be famous than I have absolutely no idea.

Though our family was poor and all 8 of us were forced to live in a 2 bedroom apartement. That's not ghetto is it? I think it's just called pathetic. xD

crasyjak please start or this won't even begin. Or someother person who knows what they're talking about.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/22/07

First the definitions of GHETTO

1. the GHETTO is a physical location

2. GHETTO is an attitude and/or behavioral pattern, most often viewed negatively

my mind has spewed alot of insightful comments today.... so i'll be back soon to expand....
Fan
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 12/22/07
But you know not all of them are like that. Some of those catz is chill man they just dress and look like that because the enviroment they was raised in. Ghetto females can make my day you bring them home and they act like they got no home training. But I still love them lol. Dudes on the other hand you bring them home and your money out your wallet is stolen. Dat aint right.
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/07
Not all ghetto girls act like they don't have home training though.

That's the stereotypical one.

Same for the dudes.

I'll also expand my answer later on.
Fan
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 12/23/07

Marcell2aG wrote:

Not all ghetto girls act like they don't have home training though.

That's the stereotypical one.

Same for the dudes.

I'll also expand my answer later on.


I completly agree with you not all act that way. But this is coming from real life experiances. When I let a brotha from the hood in my house I am sorry but I have to keep my eyes on him because shit got stolen from my house and I aint letting it happen again.

CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/23/07

drizza wrote:


Marcell2aG wrote:

Not all ghetto girls act like they don't have home training though.

That's the stereotypical one.

Same for the dudes.

I'll also expand my answer later on.


I completly agree with you not all act that way. But this is coming from real life experiances. When I let a brotha from the hood in my house I am sorry but I have to keep my eyes on him because shit got stolen from my house and I aint letting it happen again.



white people steal too..... the black race as a whole needs lots of help... lots & lots.... but lets not zero in on them so much to the point where we forget other peoples
Fan
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 12/23/07

crasyjak wrote:


drizza wrote:


Marcell2aG wrote:

Not all ghetto girls act like they don't have home training though.

That's the stereotypical one.

Same for the dudes.

I'll also expand my answer later on.


I completly agree with you not all act that way. But this is coming from real life experiances. When I let a brotha from the hood in my house I am sorry but I have to keep my eyes on him because shit got stolen from my house and I aint letting it happen again.



white people steal too..... the black race as a whole needs lots of help... lots & lots.... but lets not zero in on them so much to the point where we forget other peoples


Yes I am black I understand the stereotypes and like I said I dont think all black people do but damn real life experiances man effects you. I had my best friend steal from me (a gameboy advance when I was 14) and lie for months about it. I finally found out it was him and we never kicked it again. I lived in a rough neighborhood I know.
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 12/23/07
The reason why i started this forum was because when I was young i lived in a ghetto neighborhood and we moved out like when i was in 2nd grade and ever since then i hated living in the suburbs or as I called it uppity class! When I came from the ghetto it was hard trying to adjust to being in a middle class-upper middle class setting it was completely different! But I was wondering why races mock the "ghetto" why do they want to be ghetto..........Today at work this "white" girl commented "Bitch I'm the queen of ghetto" and she drove a Mercedes-Benz so I was just wondering if this is a trend is it cool to be ghetto????

Ghetto in my mind has so many negative connotations with it from World War to African Americans living poor........but wouldn't our fellow red-necks (white-trash) be considered ghetto? If ghetto means poor or ignorant then they fit the description any race can fit it!

Me I throughly enjoy a great ghetto pic and i laugh at the ignorance of "ghetto" people.....but i to was in their situation......I was poor and ignorant once but i rose above that........I just don't get the concept of ghetto....like going to buy new shoes instead of paying your light bill ( This may sound sterotypish) but it's true! We encourage ignorance on every level espcially in Hip Hop! Being poor to me is revverred in the black community.......I won't even say that I'll just say they accept that, they just believe thats life! And I can't stand that!

Sorry long winded......
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

crasyjak wrote:


First the definitions of GHETTO

1. the GHETTO is a physical location

2. GHETTO is an attitude and/or behavioral pattern, most often viewed negatively

my mind has spewed alot of insightful comments today.... so i'll be back soon to expand....



ok first the GHETTO, the location

FIRST, just because somebody from a specific area is POOR, DOES NOT make them Ghetto. Just becuz they are POOR & BLACK, does NOT make them Ghetto.
To all people who live in a suburban area & think that they have a ghetto within their town....NO u most likely dont

Ways to know if your in the Ghetto: (other than stereotypical signs)
1. Damn near every building & house will have burgerlar bars on the windows.
2-? alot of black people who may look like crakheads or thugs, multiple barber shops, liquor stores & raggedy churches. People drivin old ugly cars from the 70s with brand new rims.... all this we know

ALL people born in the ghetto are NOT ghetto.
which brings me to point 2...

2. GHETTO is an attitude and/or behavioral pattern, most often viewed negatively

a list of ghetto characteristics:
uneducated
loud
violent
flamboyant
ignorant
sleezy (women)
more....

the fact of the matter is that any one individual of any race can posses these attributes, sure i acknowlegde that for blacks its almost the majority

.....nevermind.....honestly most ppl in the ghetto are in one way or another one or more of the above... JUST NOT EVERYBODY.... if this were about ten years ago i might be able to bring forth a better argument......

Nevertheless.... if anyone has a specific question or topic just ask & i'll do my best to respond
Posted 12/24/07
White trash.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/25/07

shibole wrote:

White trash.


what u mean by that???
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 12/25/07
By white trash i guess he means what i mentioned earlier......White Trash people are ghetto.......I do hate callin them that .....so poor white people often call themselves ghetto becuase they are poor.........maybe I don't know what shibole was referring 2!
Fan
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 12/25/07
So Ghettos are filled with Niggers?. Well at least the ones that don't have Jews in them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.