First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Whats Ghetto?
Superstar Artist
15790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / College & Work
Offline
Posted 9/4/08

chewbooker wrote:


raja613 wrote:

Does anyone think the "Gangsta Mentality" moved away from what it was originally? Today now we have these rich ass gangsta/ drug dealers who now like to buy so called "rich white man things" Lambos,Bentleys and boats and etc............Has being gangsta died out?


I think so cuz originally gangs were meant to be a sense of protection and unity (spin-off of black panthers I believe?) theres no need for that as much nowadays but the gangs were left hanging. so now a gang (in my dad's words) is: " a group of people w/ nothing better to do."





nolrame wrote:

i thought the crips were just a spin-off of the black panthers..



Yeah. The Bloodz and the Crips were both originally the spin off of the Black Panther but the two group could never get along with each other so it turned into an war that's still here today. I'll add later on.
Superstar Artist
15790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / College & Work
Offline
Posted 9/4/08
So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 9/4/08

Polaris7 wrote:

So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?



to be ghetto (character trait)... 1. Ignorant 2. LOUD 3. Always wanna fight/ argue over the stupidest stuff

i think thats the main 3
Superstar Artist
3501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ewa Beach, HI
Offline
Posted 9/4/08

crasyjak wrote:


Polaris7 wrote:

So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?



to be ghetto (character trait)... 1. Ignorant 2. LOUD 3. Always wanna fight/ argue over the stupidest stuff

i think thats the main 3


Another one for ghetto is:
- you definitely do NOT have the latest in technology and flashy clothing

I saw this guy in china town talking bout drug dealing, but he was wearing some pretty worn out clothing...wat does that tell you about self-proclaimed "gangstaz" in today's culture?
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 9/16/08

nolrame wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


Polaris7 wrote:

So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?



to be ghetto (character trait)... 1. Ignorant 2. LOUD 3. Always wanna fight/ argue over the stupidest stuff

i think thats the main 3


Another one for ghetto is:
- you definitely do NOT have the latest in technology and flashy clothing

I saw this guy in china town talking bout drug dealing, but he was wearing some pretty worn out clothing...wat does that tell you about self-proclaimed "gangstaz" in today's culture?


idk about that.... to me its ghetto when u got on all the latest gear... but you cant afford takin your girl to IHOP... i think trashy clothes is more "poor".... than ghetto .... even tho alota ppl in the ghetto are poor....

anyway ... this is ghetto/stupid

Posted 9/19/08

crasyjak wrote:


nolrame wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


Polaris7 wrote:

So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?



to be ghetto (character trait)... 1. Ignorant 2. LOUD 3. Always wanna fight/ argue over the stupidest stuff

i think thats the main 3


Another one for ghetto is:
- you definitely do NOT have the latest in technology and flashy clothing

I saw this guy in china town talking bout drug dealing, but he was wearing some pretty worn out clothing...wat does that tell you about self-proclaimed "gangstaz" in today's culture?


idk about that.... to me its ghetto when u got on all the latest gear... but you cant afford takin your girl to IHOP... i think trashy clothes is more "poor".... than ghetto .... even tho alota ppl in the ghetto are poor....

anyway ... this is ghetto/stupid




i unno i always though of ghetto more of an envoirment then a trait
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

zeroman wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


nolrame wrote:


crasyjak wrote:


Polaris7 wrote:

So first of all, what are the "laws" or "terms" that are considered for one to be ghetto...?



to be ghetto (character trait)... 1. Ignorant 2. LOUD 3. Always wanna fight/ argue over the stupidest stuff

i think thats the main 3


Another one for ghetto is:
- you definitely do NOT have the latest in technology and flashy clothing

I saw this guy in china town talking bout drug dealing, but he was wearing some pretty worn out clothing...wat does that tell you about self-proclaimed "gangstaz" in today's culture?


idk about that.... to me its ghetto when u got on all the latest gear... but you cant afford takin your girl to IHOP... i think trashy clothes is more "poor".... than ghetto .... even tho alota ppl in the ghetto are poor....

anyway ... this is ghetto/stupid




i unno i always though of ghetto more of an envoirment then a trait



First the definitions of GHETTO

1. the GHETTO is a physical location

2. GHETTO is an attitude and/or behavioral pattern, most often viewed negatively

my mind has spewed alot of insightful comments today.... so i'll be back soon to expand....
Superstar Artist
15790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / College & Work
Offline
Posted 12/2/08
Anything that Cash Money Millionaire's talk about... but seriously. They are the main ones talk about that, especially in the song Still Fly from their album, Hood Rich.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.