First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Conficker C Worm strikes Tomorrow, April 1,2009
4089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / It's a little red...
Offline
Posted 3/31/09 , edited 3/31/09
I guess not switching on th computer fr a few days would help (impossible. Max of 18hrs) Ehhh im scared
268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

o0James0o wrote:


MattChristy wrote:

Hmm...good thing there's not really anything special on this computer anyway. Though, I'd hate to lose my 500GB of anime and manga =O


good thing my 250gb of porno and 300gb of manga is on my external hard drives...


If your external harddrives are plugged in it wouldn't matter. Unplug!


But who cares! These "Threats" (in quotes because the arn't really threatning are they?) happen everyday. But this april 1st is different because you are aware this time, stick to your bliss.

Posted 3/31/09
I don't care! ^_^

(should I care? >_>)
4590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

o0James0o wrote:


MattChristy wrote:

Hmm...good thing there's not really anything special on this computer anyway. Though, I'd hate to lose my 500GB of anime and manga =O


good thing my 250gb of porno and 300gb of manga is on my external hard drives...


I'm too poor to afford an external right now at least, not one that can hold all my stuff. I'd like to buy a nice 2TB portable, but those are like $250.00-$300.00 It's kind of scary having that much information on one machine not backed up anywhere. If I lost it all, I don't know what I'd do.
44706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada!
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
Anyone know where I can backup my files then? If it could potentially already be in my comp, I'm scared it'll find it's way into a disk or USB memory stick :O Or if you don't have a genuine version of Windows XP, will it still affect you? I think mine's from Chinatown, pirated fosho LOLLL
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/31/09
Wrote about this in my internet guide, but it seemed very few cared.
53940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
Looks like I have to do something else tomorrow and for the next few days
Posted 3/31/09

ChickenPrincess wrote:

Anyone know where I can backup my files then? If it could potentially already be in my comp, I'm scared it'll find it's way into a disk or USB memory stick :O Or if you don't have a genuine version of Windows XP, will it still affect you? I think mine's from Chinatown, pirated fosho LOLLL


Pirated or not..it's still a Windows.

You can backup your files ONLINE for free.

http://www.orbitfiles.com/
http://mozy.com/

http://www.systemrecovery.com/

Those were a few websites that popped up after having googled for - Online backup -

Up to you checking out further formalities.


47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
You know, I'm not believing it, and there's nothing special in my computer anyways.
44706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada!
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


ChickenPrincess wrote:

Anyone know where I can backup my files then? If it could potentially already be in my comp, I'm scared it'll find it's way into a disk or USB memory stick :O Or if you don't have a genuine version of Windows XP, will it still affect you? I think mine's from Chinatown, pirated fosho LOLLL


Pirated or not..it's still a Windows.

You can backup your files ONLINE for free.

http://www.orbitfiles.com/
http://mozy.com/

http://www.systemrecovery.com/

Those were a few websites that popped up after having googled for - Online backup -

Up to you checking out further formalities.




And you're POSITIVE these are safe? o-o
If I don't go online tomorrow, will I be safe too? My dad just simply instructed me not to use the computer tomorrow and we'll be fine.
I'm kinda paranoid about this and I don't have an anti-virus and the only firewall I have is Windows. I dunno if what he says is true O=
Posted 3/31/09

ChickenPrincess wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


ChickenPrincess wrote:

Anyone know where I can backup my files then? If it could potentially already be in my comp, I'm scared it'll find it's way into a disk or USB memory stick :O Or if you don't have a genuine version of Windows XP, will it still affect you? I think mine's from Chinatown, pirated fosho LOLLL


Pirated or not..it's still a Windows.

You can backup your files ONLINE for free.

http://www.orbitfiles.com/
http://mozy.com/

http://www.systemrecovery.com/

Those were a few websites that popped up after having googled for - Online backup -

Up to you checking out further formalities.




And you're POSITIVE these are safe? o-o
If I don't go online tomorrow, will I be safe too? My dad just simply instructed me not to use the computer tomorrow and we'll be fine.
I'm kinda paranoid about this and I don't have an anti-virus and the only firewall I have is Windows. I dunno if what he says is true O=


mozy is definitely safe. Like I said...you'll have to check out further formalities on your own.

I have no idea HOW the virus will affect your computer and if by staying offline you are save or not. Well, it would be good if you had a nice firewall, unless you're accessing internet via router..

I think that if the virus exists then it definitely will affect your computer despite being offline. ;/
44706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada!
Offline
Posted 3/31/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


ChickenPrincess wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


ChickenPrincess wrote:

Anyone know where I can backup my files then? If it could potentially already be in my comp, I'm scared it'll find it's way into a disk or USB memory stick :O Or if you don't have a genuine version of Windows XP, will it still affect you? I think mine's from Chinatown, pirated fosho LOLLL


Pirated or not..it's still a Windows.

You can backup your files ONLINE for free.

http://www.orbitfiles.com/
http://mozy.com/

http://www.systemrecovery.com/

Those were a few websites that popped up after having googled for - Online backup -

Up to you checking out further formalities.




And you're POSITIVE these are safe? o-o
If I don't go online tomorrow, will I be safe too? My dad just simply instructed me not to use the computer tomorrow and we'll be fine.
I'm kinda paranoid about this and I don't have an anti-virus and the only firewall I have is Windows. I dunno if what he says is true O=


mozy is definitely safe. Like I said...you'll have to check out further formalities on your own.

I have no idea HOW the virus will affect your computer and if by staying offline you are save or not. Well, it would be good if you had a nice firewall, unless you're accessing internet via router..

I think that if the virus exists then it definitely will affect your computer despite being offline. ;/


S***!! I use a router >///< I really need to block this virus ==''
So if I upload all the files I want to Mozy, they'll be safe and I can retrieve them after right?
Because I'm planning to ask someone to reformat my computer after this virus scare, just in case ;)
I hope Mozy gives me enough space to keep all my files o-o
Posted 3/31/09

AHTL wrote:

Wrote about this in my internet guide, but it seemed very few cared.


Wouldn't it be useful to link to it here then? ^_^
Posted 3/31/09
K here's what.
I'll get porn at the library.
Or.
I can realize that there are viruses floating around the internet right now and get the fuck on with my life.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/31/09
as long as you don't do anything stupid you should be fine.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.