First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Hong Kong going back to the hands of China
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/09

Kill099 wrote:

Hong Kong belongs to China. It was just colonized by the British with the expense of China's pride. Even Macau was a French colony in China. Singapore was once a British colony which is now governed by Chinese descents. I think China is ready to further improve Hong Kong as the shopping capital of Asia. Chinese were renowned for being cheap businessmen which made the products sold much cheaper. This is reality, if you bought something cheap or undervalued, someone's salary was cut for it to be possible.


Yeah really? has there been any improvements so far in the last 12 years?
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/09

triituuohsyx wrote:

Well I'm with you on the opinion that Hong Kong should've been retained its position as a British colony instead.

I am in no way supporting colonization or an advocate of British powers, it's just that frankly, I don't think China can help Hong Kong flourish to its present state the way the British did. Yes, the British might be the colonizers but anyone can see that they did their own part in helping its colony to progress and move on forward. Colonization in general is bad, but in some cases it is actually beneficial--only if the colonizers treated the natives as equals and help them in furthering themselves. Hong Kong is one of those rare cases.

I dunno, the way China is now, doesn't strike me as...well, something. In fact, the turnover of Hong Kong to China might just drag down the island's economy as a whole.


Thank you! Someone who actually agrees with me!

7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/09

PixeIs wrote:


Hitarishini wrote:

I'm CBC (born in Canada), and I don't really see what's so much to discuss about in terms of HK being back under Chinese control. As faras I am concerned, in the 80s Thatcher and Deng Xiaoping negotiated a deal which would see HK operate under its own system for 50 more years, until 2047. HK is still largely self-regulated.

That being said, I also don't see why HK businessmen are leaving HK by the boatloads. China is no longer strictly a communist nation, it allows private business and free enterprise to operate, even more so than in North America. I have a lot of Chinese friends who are Visa students whose parents are businesspeople in mainland China.


the reason you dont understand is largely because ur are a CBC and havent experienced it


Thank you for taking my words out of my mouth! Hitarishini is CBC there's no way you would understand. And if you think about it REAL carefully. what happens after 2047? It's not like hk people will die on 2047. Then china takes over? the thought alone scares me.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/09

mcluva420 wrote:

hk and china are not very different. hk ppl speak the same language as some in china. seems like some ppl have something against China? (bad reputation) imo, they shuda been together since forever.


Not very different? I assume you live in another country than China. They are different. They way they think is totally different. There's a reason why the tension is so high with taiwan and china.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/09

leo22334455 wrote:


mcluva420 wrote:


leo22334455 wrote:


mcluva420 wrote:

hk and china are not very different. hk ppl speak the same language as some in china. seems like some ppl have something against China? (bad reputation) imo, they shuda been together since forever.


No.
thats not true my parents are from hong kong
and we speak CANTONESE.
China people speak mandarin
HK people usually speak both since its easier to communicate when doing business



my parents are from china they speak cantonese too. im talking about canton(guangdong/some part of guangzhou) and macau is sorta part of China, yes? see, some chinese people do speak cantonese.

plus, cantonese is just a chinese dialect. so YES, they all speak the same language, but just different dialect


well im not really stating that they dont speak canto but in HK we mainly speak canto and in china mainly mando
unless its round the boarders of HK and China


I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU mcluva420!

4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:

Hong Kong belongs to China. It was just colonized by the British with the expense of China's pride. Even Macau was a French colony in China. Singapore was once a British colony which is now governed by Chinese descents. I think China is ready to further improve Hong Kong as the shopping capital of Asia. Chinese were renowned for being cheap businessmen which made the products sold much cheaper. This is reality, if you bought something cheap or undervalued, someone's salary was cut for it to be possible.


Yeah really? has there been any improvements so far in the last 12 years?


Improvements or not it's better that they are governed by their own people and not under foreign powers. Btw, Hong Kong was LEASED not given, LEASED to the British empire due to the Treaty of Nanking so whatever you say or do, Hong Kong originally belong to China.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:

Hong Kong belongs to China. It was just colonized by the British with the expense of China's pride. Even Macau was a French colony in China. Singapore was once a British colony which is now governed by Chinese descents. I think China is ready to further improve Hong Kong as the shopping capital of Asia. Chinese were renowned for being cheap businessmen which made the products sold much cheaper. This is reality, if you bought something cheap or undervalued, someone's salary was cut for it to be possible.


Yeah really? has there been any improvements so far in the last 12 years?


Improvements or not it's better that they are governed by their own people and not under foreign powers. Btw, Hong Kong was LEASED not given, LEASED to the British empire due to the Treaty of Nanking so whatever you say or do, Hong Kong originally belong to China.


Yeah, hk can't do it alone so I said I RATHER British continuing governing the city. I know Hong Kong originally belong to China. It's JUST I RATHER THE BRITISH CONTINUE GOVERNING IT.
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/9/09

KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:

Hong Kong belongs to China. It was just colonized by the British with the expense of China's pride. Even Macau was a French colony in China. Singapore was once a British colony which is now governed by Chinese descents. I think China is ready to further improve Hong Kong as the shopping capital of Asia. Chinese were renowned for being cheap businessmen which made the products sold much cheaper. This is reality, if you bought something cheap or undervalued, someone's salary was cut for it to be possible.


Yeah really? has there been any improvements so far in the last 12 years?


Improvements or not it's better that they are governed by their own people and not under foreign powers. Btw, Hong Kong was LEASED not given, LEASED to the British empire due to the Treaty of Nanking so whatever you say or do, Hong Kong originally belong to China.


Yeah, hk can't do it alone so I said I RATHER British continuing governing the city. I know Hong Kong originally belong to China. It's JUST I RATHER THE BRITISH CONTINUE GOVERNING IT.


I think you need to move on, what is done is done, Hong Kong is, was and always have been a part of China. Oh well, I also wished that the United States never gave up on the Philippines, so I understand your feelings.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/9/09

Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:

Hong Kong belongs to China. It was just colonized by the British with the expense of China's pride. Even Macau was a French colony in China. Singapore was once a British colony which is now governed by Chinese descents. I think China is ready to further improve Hong Kong as the shopping capital of Asia. Chinese were renowned for being cheap businessmen which made the products sold much cheaper. This is reality, if you bought something cheap or undervalued, someone's salary was cut for it to be possible.


Yeah really? has there been any improvements so far in the last 12 years?


Improvements or not it's better that they are governed by their own people and not under foreign powers. Btw, Hong Kong was LEASED not given, LEASED to the British empire due to the Treaty of Nanking so whatever you say or do, Hong Kong originally belong to China.


Yeah, hk can't do it alone so I said I RATHER British continuing governing the city. I know Hong Kong originally belong to China. It's JUST I RATHER THE BRITISH CONTINUE GOVERNING IT.


I think you need to move on, what is done is done, Hong Kong is, was and always have been a part of China. Oh well, I also wished that the United States never gave up on the Philippines, so I understand your feelings.[/qu

...It's not like I'm denying the fact that hk is part of China. It's just that I figured most people in the world actually think Hong Kong wanted to go back to China when that's actually NOT true. Just want to clarify somethings.
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/10/09

KyokoHateshinai wrote:
...It's not like I'm denying the fact that hk is part of China. It's just that I figured most people in the world actually think Hong Kong wanted to go back to China when that's actually NOT true. Just want to clarify somethings.


Ahh ok, to be clear, all I know is that Hong Kong will be returned to China whether they like it or not because of the treaty.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/11/09

Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:
...It's not like I'm denying the fact that hk is part of China. It's just that I figured most people in the world actually think Hong Kong wanted to go back to China when that's actually NOT true. Just want to clarify somethings.


Ahh ok, to be clear, all I know is that Hong Kong will be returned to China whether they like it or not because of the treaty.


Hong kong has already returned to china. Whether they liked it or not.
It's like saying I dislike you whether you like it or not
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/11/09

KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:
...It's not like I'm denying the fact that hk is part of China. It's just that I figured most people in the world actually think Hong Kong wanted to go back to China when that's actually NOT true. Just want to clarify somethings.


Ahh ok, to be clear, all I know is that Hong Kong will be returned to China whether they like it or not because of the treaty.


Hong kong has already returned to china. Whether they liked it or not.
It's like saying I dislike you whether you like it or not


OK i don't care, another person on my hate list. YAY!
492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 12/11/09
Ahh... interesting. Quite a bit of animosity in here. I do not know much about Hong Kong's politics, but I do believe Hong Kong is the same as Macau in that they have their own government separate from China's government that runs things.

And by the way, many are bagging on China because of their cheap products and their industrialization. In 10-20 years, I bet China will be on top of many things thanks to their increasing wealth. Apparently around the 70s, Japanese products were seen as cheap and basically crap, but look at where they are today. China will not always be a fumbling faulty industrializing country. They are taking giant strides to come into modernization. And when, (I say when because it will happen), China rises out of their crappy decision making and gets a grip on their government, Hong Kong will definitely benefit.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 12/12/09

Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


KyokoHateshinai wrote:
...It's not like I'm denying the fact that hk is part of China. It's just that I figured most people in the world actually think Hong Kong wanted to go back to China when that's actually NOT true. Just want to clarify somethings.


Ahh ok, to be clear, all I know is that Hong Kong will be returned to China whether they like it or not because of the treaty.


Hong kong has already returned to china. Whether they liked it or not.
It's like saying I dislike you whether you like it or not


OK i don't care, another person on my hate list. YAY!


I'm not saying I dislike you. It's AN EXAMPLE.
It's (example) I don't like China going back to Hong Kong.
OK i don't care, another COUNTRY on my hate list. YAY!
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/10 , edited 4/17/10
One China, Two Policies. Beside, do you trust those damn Brits? The got China doped on OPIUM! They counquered half the world by picking out and choosing the weakest and most primitive countries avaliable. Do you really trust them to take care of things?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.