Oda Mitsuki drawing style
1958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/09
I was browsing through random manga on mangafox.com, and I came across this manga that had characters similar to those in Parakiss, Gokinjo Monogatari, etc. It's by Oda Mitsuki and I kinda browsed through her work and..the drawings are so similar to ai yazawa's! The tone of the story and the lines are slightly different but the eyes and facial expressions are almost the same!! I checked Ai Yazawa's bio and it says she started publishing in 1985. Couldn't find anything on Oda Mitsuki other than her works.
this is her drawing:

This is ai yazawa's:

Verdict: I think Oda Mitsuki's the copy cat, because from Ai Yazawa's earlier works, I could see her gradually developing into her current style. What do you guys think?
Posted 4/1/09
Versus threads aren't allowed so I've changed the headline so that it isn't one.

~edited topic headlne
163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 4/2/09
Oh wow I thought the two people at the top are Nobu and Hachi (from Nana) at first glance! Their styles are really too similar... is that considered as plagiarism?
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / over there.
Offline
Posted 4/2/09
^ nope. people can't license drawing styles.
19824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ¸.•*¨*`•.¸☆Norway
Offline
Posted 4/2/09
I <3 ParaKiss~
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/09
Posted 4/2/09

lilacblue wrote:

I was browsing through random manga on mangafox.com, and I came across this manga that had characters similar to those in Parakiss, Gokinjo Monogatari, etc. It's by Oda Mitsuki and I kinda browsed through her work and..the drawings are so similar to ai yazawa's! The tone of the story and the lines are slightly different but the eyes and facial expressions are almost the same!! I checked Ai Yazawa's bio and it says she started publishing in 1985. Couldn't find anything on Oda Mitsuki other than her works.
this is her drawing:

This is ai yazawa's:

Verdict: I think Oda Mitsuki's the copy cat, because from Ai Yazawa's earlier works, I could see her gradually developing into her current style. What do you guys think?


Just depends on who did it first. Don't start talking until you know the facts and if you don't, you don't.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/09
if it means anything almost all the shoujo manga look the same
1958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/3/09

flourlove wrote:


lilacblue wrote:

I was browsing through random manga on mangafox.com, and I came across this manga that had characters similar to those in Parakiss, Gokinjo Monogatari, etc. It's by Oda Mitsuki and I kinda browsed through her work and..the drawings are so similar to ai yazawa's! The tone of the story and the lines are slightly different but the eyes and facial expressions are almost the same!! I checked Ai Yazawa's bio and it says she started publishing in 1985. Couldn't find anything on Oda Mitsuki other than her works.
this is her drawing:

This is ai yazawa's:

Verdict: I think Oda Mitsuki's the copy cat, because from Ai Yazawa's earlier works, I could see her gradually developing into her current style. What do you guys think?


Just depends on who did it first. Don't start talking until you know the facts and if you don't, you don't.


I did state that I couldn't find enough evidence...only found when Ai Yazawa started publishing date, couldn't find a thing on Oda Mitsuki.
And I think she's the copy cat was added as my personal opinion.
1958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/3/09

Drkcloud wrote:

if it means anything almost all the shoujo manga look the same


lol I won't deny that, I guess I'm the type that's picky on details.
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / En Algun Lugar En...
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
OK, I was searching for the same Information because I found a manga from Oda Mitsuki Ai Daro, and the manga is from 2007. If you go to Baka Updates you will find that her first work is from 2002 so I think is true maybe she is the copy cat. I haven't read the entire manga from Oda Mitsuki so i cant say if it's good or bad... BUT YAZAWA AI is the best Mangaka ever, her mangas are recognized world wide You can say by that who's the better one (^0^)....
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/2/10
What Are those mangas called
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / City of the Stars ;P
Offline
Posted 1/2/10
there are lots of shoujo mangaka that have similar drawing styles... but i think its just because ai yazawa's style is so different that people say that oda mitsuki copied her.
1942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Bronx,New York
Offline
Posted 4/27/10
i agree with Melonss_xx but who knows? maybe she liked the way Ai Yazawa drew, and maybe she got inspired by Ai's mangas?
You must be logged in to post.