First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
The Sun
Posted 4/11/09

-Khiel- wrote:

Hmm.. So, Sun will not become a blackhole?

So, Sun will just turn to Red Giant and then poosh~* into a small dwarf..




Pretty much.
Kinda disappointing, though. I was hoping for a mega explosion.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09 , edited 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:


-Khiel- wrote:

Hmm.. So, Sun will not become a blackhole?

So, Sun will just turn to Red Giant and then poosh~* into a small dwarf..




Pretty much.
Kinda disappointing, though. I was hoping for a mega explosion.


Yeah, seeing a supernova in person, would look fucking spectacular.
Posted 4/11/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


-Khiel- wrote:

Hmm.. So, Sun will not become a blackhole?

So, Sun will just turn to Red Giant and then poosh~* into a small dwarf..




Pretty much.
Kinda disappointing, though. I was hoping for a mega explosion.


Yeah, seeing a supernova in person, would look fucking awesome.


As long as it's thousands of miles away from us, enough where we can see it and not be affected.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09 , edited 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


-Khiel- wrote:

Hmm.. So, Sun will not become a blackhole?

So, Sun will just turn to Red Giant and then poosh~* into a small dwarf..




Pretty much.
Kinda disappointing, though. I was hoping for a mega explosion.


Yeah, seeing a supernova in person, would look fucking awesome.


As long as it's thousands of miles away from us, enough where we can see it and not be affected.


Meh, a supernova close enough, while looking fucking spectacular, would sterilize the planet,and there are a few possible supernova canidates close enough to be a problem, but from what i read,


Gamma rays are responsible for most of the adverse effects a supernova can have on a living terrestrial planet. In Earth's case, gamma rays induce a chemical reaction in the upper atmosphere, converting molecular nitrogen into nitrogen oxides, depleting the ozone layer enough to expose the surface to harmful solar and cosmic radiation."


We'd be fucked, but it'd still look awesome, it also depends on the type of supernova



Speculation as to the effects of a nearby supernova on Earth often focuses on large stars as Type II supernova candidates. Several prominent stars within a few hundred light years from the Sun are candidates for becoming supernovae in as little as a millennium. One example is Betelgeuse, a red supergiant 427 light-years from Earth.[2] Though spectacular, these "predictable" supernovae are thought to have little potential to affect Earth.


So these ones can go off closer to earth, and not have much effect



Type Ia supernovae are thought to be potentially the most dangerous if they occur close enough to the Earth. Because Type Ia supernovae arise from dim, common white dwarf stars, it is likely that a supernova that could affect the Earth will occur unpredictably and take place in a star system that is not well studied. One theory suggests that a Type Ia supernova would have to be closer than a thousand parsecs (3300 light-years) to affect the Earth.[6] The closest known candidate is IK Pegasi


These can do some serious damage from a considerable distance. And there is one close enough to earth to nuke it. Either way it'd kinda suck if that happened.
Posted 4/11/09


Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09 , edited 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:



Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.


Heh, it'd look fucking awesome, dunno how painless it'd be tho, Im kinda thinking being bombarded by high intensity gamma rays, high intensity x-rays, shitloads of free neutrons and lots more deadly shit, would be damn painfull and take a while, but i dunno, anything not killed by that, would be killed by the resulting lack of atmosphere,as not being able to breathe, would kill most things i'd imagine. But it could be painless and take a nanosecond, but it'd probally be painfull as fuck and take a while. So i'd say it'd suck
Posted 4/11/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.


Heh, it'd look fucking awesome, dunno how painless it'd be tho, Im kinda thinking being bombarded by high intensity gamma rays, high intensity x-rays, shitloads of free neutrons and lots more deadly shit, would be damn painfull and take a while, but i dunno, anything not killed by that, would be killed by the resulting lack of atmosphere,as not being able to breathe, would kill most things i'd imagine. But it could be painless and take a nanosecond, but it'd probally be painfull as fuck and take a while. So i'd say it'd suck


That doesn't sound very fun at all.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.


Heh, it'd look fucking awesome, dunno how painless it'd be tho, Im kinda thinking being bombarded by high intensity gamma rays, high intensity x-rays, shitloads of free neutrons and lots more deadly shit, would be damn painfull and take a while, but i dunno, anything not killed by that, would be killed by the resulting lack of atmosphere,as not being able to breathe, would kill most things i'd imagine. But it could be painless and take a nanosecond, but it'd probally be painfull as fuck and take a while. So i'd say it'd suck


That doesn't sound very fun at all.


Still look fucking sweet, might even be worth the whole painful death thing. And besides, if it happened, there would be absolutely nothing we could do about it. So it's not like you should have to worry about it, if it happens, it happens, and we all die, that's just the way it is. not much we can do about it, so why worry about it ?
Posted 4/11/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.


Heh, it'd look fucking awesome, dunno how painless it'd be tho, Im kinda thinking being bombarded by high intensity gamma rays, high intensity x-rays, shitloads of free neutrons and lots more deadly shit, would be damn painfull and take a while, but i dunno, anything not killed by that, would be killed by the resulting lack of atmosphere,as not being able to breathe, would kill most things i'd imagine. But it could be painless and take a nanosecond, but it'd probally be painfull as fuck and take a while. So i'd say it'd suck


That doesn't sound very fun at all.


Still look fucking sweet, might even be worth the whole painful death thing. And besides, if it happened, there would be absolutely nothing we could do about it. So it's not like you should have to worry about it, if it happens, it happens, and we all die, that's just the way it is. not much we can do about it, so why worry about it ?


What are the chances of this happening, anyway?
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



Fuck, are you serious? Oh well, at least we have something awesome to look at before we go.
And it's also quick and painless, being sterilized and all.


Heh, it'd look fucking awesome, dunno how painless it'd be tho, Im kinda thinking being bombarded by high intensity gamma rays, high intensity x-rays, shitloads of free neutrons and lots more deadly shit, would be damn painfull and take a while, but i dunno, anything not killed by that, would be killed by the resulting lack of atmosphere,as not being able to breathe, would kill most things i'd imagine. But it could be painless and take a nanosecond, but it'd probally be painfull as fuck and take a while. So i'd say it'd suck


That doesn't sound very fun at all.


Still look fucking sweet, might even be worth the whole painful death thing. And besides, if it happened, there would be absolutely nothing we could do about it. So it's not like you should have to worry about it, if it happens, it happens, and we all die, that's just the way it is. not much we can do about it, so why worry about it ?


What are the chances of this happening, anyway?


Dunno, they could be low or really high, if there's some star we don't know about and can't see for some reason that's close enough to earth to destroy it, we'd never see it coming we'd just die, so if there is such a star or if there is many such stars, the chances could be high, it could happen tomorrow for all we know, but of the stars we know about, i dunno, I'd say its possible within our lifetimes, but unlikely. Either way there's still nothing we could do about it, but count down our remaining time and then die.
Posted 4/11/09


Dunno, they could be low or really high, if there's some star we don't know about and can't see for some reason that's close enough to earth to destroy it, we'd never see it coming we'd just die, so if there is such a star or if there is many such stars, the chances could be high, it could happen tomorrow for all we know, but of the stars we know about, i dunno, I'd say its possible within our lifetimes, but unlikely. Either way there's still nothing we could do about it, but count down our remaining time and then die.

Oh well, right? I guess we're all going to die from something.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09 , edited 4/11/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Dunno, they could be low or really high, if there's some star we don't know about and can't see for some reason that's close enough to earth to destroy it, we'd never see it coming we'd just die, so if there is such a star or if there is many such stars, the chances could be high, it could happen tomorrow for all we know, but of the stars we know about, i dunno, I'd say its possible within our lifetimes, but unlikely. Either way there's still nothing we could do about it, but count down our remaining time and then die.


Oh well, right? I guess we're all going to die from something.


Yup. We all die eventually so why should it matter when or from what ?
Posted 4/12/09
Now everyone knows that the Sun is important.
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/09 , edited 4/13/09

iHeartzMusic wrote:

Now everyone knows that the Sun is important. :blush:


It gives us energy, and it gives the Earth's most brilliant end.(Which kinda suck when it doesn't turn to a black hole, I wanna see the solar system be sucked by a fucking humungus black hole. )
Posted 4/13/09
the sun may rise in the east at least it's settled in a final location

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.