First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
BABY born with Joubert Syndrome
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/20/09
that kid is fucked.
2908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / EMO Ville
Offline
Posted 4/20/09
sad.
1444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / school.
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

Cherrilly17 wrote:





Kaylee Wallace, a two-month-old girl who has defied death even after being taken off life support, will choose her fate on her own terms"

Kaylee's parents, Wallace and Crystal Vitelli, thought they were saying goodbye to their little girl Tuesday as she was taken off life support with the intention of donating her healthy heart to another infant.

Wallace says he wants his daughter to live, but if she cannot, hopes that her heart can be used to save another infant.

"We obviously want our daughter to live, but we want to save a child if she can't live," Wallace told reporters Wednesday. "That's why we're going to meet with these doctors to decide whether there is a scintilla of hope that our daughter can, in fact, live life."

Kaylee is suffering from a severe case of a genetic brain condition called Joubert Syndrome, and is unable to breathe when she sleeps without a machine.

She also has kidney problems and her father says that doctors expect her to suffer renal failure within two years.

Kaylee was taken off life support Tuesday and brought to an operating room as transplant teams remained on standby.

However, she did not fall asleep, which would have eventually led to her death, so doctors called off the surgery.


Doctors at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children say Kaylee is now breathing on her own, making her no longer a potential heart donor candidate.

However, her status could change at any time, doctors said.

More Info HERE





I first came across this story in class while i was reading the newspaper. I really felt like i was going to cry.
The baby is doing HER BEST to SURVIVE!! I was extremely pissed at the parents who decided to take her off life support so that they can donate her heart. Like c'mon! its a sign your baby doesn't want to die yet!!! I know it sad for the other baby who is in need of a heart transplant. But when it comes to your own child aren't you suppose to be greedy?

Well yea I dunno. I've asked my teachers who have children... and they said they would've done the same thing since she is going to die... but I've ask other people my age and they totally agree with me. ..


I just pray that she gets better. We all need a miracle once in our lives.





as sad as it sounds, i think it makes sense that they'd take her off life support if she has almost 0 chance of living. she couldn't breathe on her own. it's not like they don't love her, they just realize as practical people that there are other infants who have a better chance of living if only they had a transplant, whereas their daughter has a critical, chronic brain condition that can't be fixed with treatment or transplants.
17615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / here. XP
Offline
Posted 4/27/09
omg. thats so sad.
1032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / europe
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

noxlupus wrote:

I vote microwave the kid.
It'll be great fun.


U HEARTLESS BASTARD GET A LYF
HOW WILL U FEEL IF SM1 MADE A JK ABOUT YR DYING BABY
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/27/09

Cherrilly17 wrote:

I first came across this story in class while i was reading the newspaper. I really felt like i was going to cry.
The baby is doing HER BEST to SURVIVE!! I was extremely pissed at the parents who decided to take her off life support so that they can donate her heart. Like c'mon! its a sign your baby doesn't want to die yet!!! I know it sad for the other baby who is in need of a heart transplant. But when it comes to your own child aren't you suppose to be greedy?

Well yea I dunno. I've asked my teachers who have children... and they said they would've done the same thing since she is going to die... but I've ask other people my age and they totally agree with me. ..


I just pray that she gets better. We all need a miracle once in our lives.




Use your brain -_-

They took her off life-support because they didn't want her to suffer any more, let her heart save another baby. But, to their great joy the baby is managing on its own now.

So you got no reason to be "pissed off" at the parents who were, and probably still is, going through a tough time. Deciding to turn off life support for your own child is probably one of the most heart-wrecking decisions you can make in this world.
32671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

AHTL wrote:


Cherrilly17 wrote:

I first came across this story in class while i was reading the newspaper. I really felt like i was going to cry.
The baby is doing HER BEST to SURVIVE!! I was extremely pissed at the parents who decided to take her off life support so that they can donate her heart. Like c'mon! its a sign your baby doesn't want to die yet!!! I know it sad for the other baby who is in need of a heart transplant. But when it comes to your own child aren't you suppose to be greedy?

Well yea I dunno. I've asked my teachers who have children... and they said they would've done the same thing since she is going to die... but I've ask other people my age and they totally agree with me. ..


I just pray that she gets better. We all need a miracle once in our lives.




Use your brain -_-

They took her off life-support because they didn't want her to suffer any more, let her heart save another baby. But, to their great joy the baby is managing on its own now.

So you got no reason to be "pissed off" at the parents who were, and probably still is, going through a tough time. Deciding to turn off life support for your own child is probably one of the most heart-wrecking decisions you can make in this world.



I rather use my heart.

Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/27/09

Cherrilly17 wrote:
I rather use my heart.




Which would eventually lead to the baby being a vegetable. You can't grow up being constantly plugged into a life support machine, that is not life.
32671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

AHTL wrote:


Cherrilly17 wrote:
I rather use my heart.




Which would eventually lead to the baby being a vegetable. You can't grow up being constantly plugged into a life support machine, that is not life.


whatever you say. I respect your opinion.
Posted 5/4/09
that is so sad! i hope she makes it!
11195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 5/4/09
I really hate when stuff like that happens to babies, I really do. It really sucks to hear about this. And about all these babies with
so many problems, they don't even get a chance to live...where is god, man??
3568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Australia :] woo.
Offline
Posted 5/5/09
awww ): poor bby.
17060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Dreamland
Offline
Posted 5/5/09
poor infant..i hope that she'll live a good, happy life. if God wants her to be back, blessed is she, for she has committed no sins.
Posted 6/9/09
aaww... poor baby =\
Posted 6/9/09

Cherrilly17 wrote:





Kaylee Wallace, a two-month-old girl who has defied death even after being taken off life support, will choose her fate on her own terms"

Kaylee's parents, Wallace and Crystal Vitelli, thought they were saying goodbye to their little girl Tuesday as she was taken off life support with the intention of donating her healthy heart to another infant.

Wallace says he wants his daughter to live, but if she cannot, hopes that her heart can be used to save another infant.

"We obviously want our daughter to live, but we want to save a child if she can't live," Wallace told reporters Wednesday. "That's why we're going to meet with these doctors to decide whether there is a scintilla of hope that our daughter can, in fact, live life."

Kaylee is suffering from a severe case of a genetic brain condition called Joubert Syndrome, and is unable to breathe when she sleeps without a machine.

She also has kidney problems and her father says that doctors expect her to suffer renal failure within two years.

Kaylee was taken off life support Tuesday and brought to an operating room as transplant teams remained on standby.

However, she did not fall asleep, which would have eventually led to her death, so doctors called off the surgery.


Doctors at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children say Kaylee is now breathing on her own, making her no longer a potential heart donor candidate.

However, her status could change at any time, doctors said.

More Info HERE





I first came across this story in class while i was reading the newspaper. I really felt like i was going to cry.
The baby is doing HER BEST to SURVIVE!! I was extremely pissed at the parents who decided to take her off life support so that they can donate her heart. Like c'mon! its a sign your baby doesn't want to die yet!!! I know it sad for the other baby who is in need of a heart transplant. But when it comes to your own child aren't you suppose to be greedy?

Well yea I dunno. I've asked my teachers who have children... and they said they would've done the same thing since she is going to die... but I've ask other people my age and they totally agree with me. ..


I just pray that she gets better. We all need a miracle once in our lives.



You have no right to be pissed off.
It was the parents call.
Go kill yourself now.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.