First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Asian american's should change their names.
3233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/25/09
European names were harder to pronounce - I had difficulty pronouncing and memorizing E.N.s during our history class
9892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Planet Mato
Offline
Posted 8/25/09
Wow seriously? -_- Stupid. No one wants to change their name because really dumb people don't know how to read and pronounce.
Posted 8/25/09

eggy_roll_1 wrote:

Wow seriously? -_- Stupid. No one wants to change their name because really dumb people don't know how to read and pronounce.


welcome to amercia
613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canadahh.
Offline
Posted 8/25/09
Ah, and i should just forget my heritage, and my country, for the sake of a effin name.
How ignorant.

Maybe that american lady should change her name to make it easier for chinese people to pronounce.

The whole point of names if to address who we are.
Changing your name means changing your identity.

If we like to stay asian, we will.

It depends on the person. No one`s going to change their names so you can memorize them or pronounce them for idiots.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
it should be up to the one with the name.
Forcing someone to change names is over doing it a bit, don't you think?
That person has to live with a foreign name they didn't ask for, while it doesn't matter to you.
What? you get to pronounce a name correctly, big deal.
If you can't pronounce something, you can easily say, "hey you with the yellow shirt."
or, if you're polite and nice, you can ask, "how do you pronounce your name?"
then try your best to say it.
I'm sure it is forgiven if you say their name incorrectly, no one is perfect.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 9/2/09

GrandX wrote:


macphapie wrote:

All names should just be changed to number codes, like R2D2


Shut up thats not even funny.


RIght, you`re a clown and you know funny
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 9/2/09

macphapie wrote:


GrandX wrote:


macphapie wrote:

All names should just be changed to number codes, like R2D2


Shut up thats not even funny.


RIght, you`re a clown and you know funny


I hope i didnt offend u i was trying to be funny as well sorry.
1218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / A Place in America
Offline
Posted 9/2/09
No one should have to change their names, not unless they want to change it for personal reasons. My name is really hard to pronounce and people rarely get it right, but I will not change my name to something easier to pronouce just for the hell of it, that's a really stupid reason.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Long Beach, CA
Offline
Posted 9/2/09
Is the United State being superior and imperialism again? Lol nvm, but making Asians change their name is stupid.
Posted 9/3/09
It would make it easier. However, I wouldn't change my name for anyone. It makes me unique. And so, I wouldn't dare ask anyone to change theirs.
Posted 4/17/10
I had an Asian guy friend who wanted to know if he should change his name to an English name b/c it would be easier for other people. I say if it's your name, then people should be respectful enough to attempt to say it even if they don't get it quite right. If it annoys you that people don't get it right, then go ahead and give out a nickname or an English name, but no one should feel obligated to change their name.
Posted 4/17/10
I had an Asian guy friend who wanted to know if he should change his name to an English name b/c it would be easier for other people. I say if it's your name, then people should be respectful enough to attempt to say it even if they don't get it quite right. If it annoys you that people don't get it right, then go ahead and give out a nickname or an English name, but no one should feel obligated to change their name.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/10 , edited 4/19/10
General Lee sounds a bit...Chinese, does it not?
20084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Florida, US
Offline
Posted 4/22/10
Lol, I bet you she changed her mind!
55051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 4/28/10
The last name the first name only if it hard to Pronounced your use shorten nick name. Employers see a resumes and cannot figure out how to say the name it gone in the trash. They don want to be embraced in a interview. Sad but true. I would per-screen new tech all the time but i read experience training and how long they were with companies. Age had allot of weight as well, heath problems the place we worked in was not for over weight bad health people. They last salary they had would also play apart of it. I was looking for the best tech and E.E. degree out there. I did noticed in two companies there were application in the trash. The reason given if they could not say the name who about the customer. Going as far as changing name, just make sure you have and easy first name even if it's a nick name you can deal with. I quit one job because of there attitude trodes Black's but pay back dame I did a great job. I took home all the records I had left them with nothing. My note books and notes. It would have taken over a year to figure out my system. I don not think they were open much longer then that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.