First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Blog about "Smile" - "Japan TV Drama Covers Racism"
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

agentduckiechan wrote:


janggs19 wrote:


agentduckiechan wrote:


jvz05 wrote:

wait, so they're saying that the drama is racist?


No, they're saying that the drama is about (among other things) racism. Which is apparently serious business in Japan.

As for the acting, I am definitely excited to see what Jun can do this season. :)



nandato konoyaro!!! ore ga machigateru tsumori ka teme..!!

nanimoshirenai kuseni kakotsuketenjane..!!! yo konoyaro...!!

ore wasa saki ni mitandazo dakara nanigaitai wake fuzakenayo..!!


Um, translation kudasai. Je parle francais et philippin, mais pas vraiment le japonais :P




coolio a french speaker
607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09

qwertyuiopz wrote:
coolio a french speaker


yeah, I kind of want to tackle as many languages as will hold my interest, like Jose Rizal (who knew 20 languages, so I still have a few to go) XD


janggs19 wrote:

lagyan q sna eh kso d na magiging trip yon qng lalagyan q dba^^


not if you say "trip lang" at the end... eh di trip pa rin
15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / land of the risin...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

agentduckiechan wrote:


qwertyuiopz wrote:
coolio a french speaker


yeah, I kind of want to tackle as many languages as will hold my interest, like Jose Rizal (who knew 20 languages, so I still have a few to go) XD


janggs19 wrote:

lagyan q sna eh kso d na magiging trip yon qng lalagyan q dba^^


not if you say "trip lang" at the end... eh di trip pa rin :P


wow grabe ka pati highblooood....^^ d ka ba marunong magtrip nung nsa
pinas ka???
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Far Far Away
Offline
Posted 4/19/09
Cool....

i'll definitely watch this...
love matsujun in hana yori so i think this one will also be good...
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Southeast Asia
Offline
Posted 4/19/09
I'd definitely watch it Jun and Yui Aragaki are such a plus XD

Racist Drama/s come rarely
607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09

janggs19 wrote:


agentduckiechan wrote:


qwertyuiopz wrote:
coolio a french speaker


yeah, I kind of want to tackle as many languages as will hold my interest, like Jose Rizal (who knew 20 languages, so I still have a few to go) XD


janggs19 wrote:

lagyan q sna eh kso d na magiging trip yon qng lalagyan q dba^^


not if you say "trip lang" at the end... eh di trip pa rin :P


wow grabe ka pati highblooood....^^ d ka ba marunong magtrip nung nsa
pinas ka???

I was three years old, so I guess not XD I wasn't trying to be highblood, I was trying to crack a joke myself in that last post >_< I fail hahaha
9314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / the DOLPHIN and S...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

lainey025 wrote:

the first episode is already released in japan???

ohh....i wanna watch it..


never watch a racist jdrama b4



lol. who told you its a racist drama? i'm not being obnoxious or anything but SMILE is like tackling the indifference between the history of JAPAN and the PHILIPPINES. not only that also because of what is the life of some FILIPINOS in JAPAN.

anyways. i hope it will turn out good and hope that matsujun will speak tagalog..
15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / land of the risin...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

grumpy_killua wrote:


lainey025 wrote:

the first episode is already released in japan???

ohh....i wanna watch it..


never watch a racist jdrama b4



lol. who told you its a racist drama? i'm not being obnoxious or anything but SMILE is like tackling the indifference between the history of JAPAN and the PHILIPPINES. not only that also because of what is the life of some FILIPINOS in JAPAN.

anyways. i hope it will turn out good and hope that matsujun will speak tagalog.. :)


no he'll definetely not speak Tagalog for sure yep in the first episode there's a bit racism
Posted 4/19/09
the drama will definitely touch on racism. knowing the history between japan & philippines, i don't think they chose jun's character to be half-filipino for nothing. i'm curious as how this will unfold.

i've never been to japan but i have a feeling japanese don't have much regard for philippines and filipinos. not only japan, i think the same goes about most asian countries, which i think is a sad thing but it is what it is.
9314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / the DOLPHIN and S...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

weetzie wrote:

the drama will definitely touch on racism. knowing the history between japan & philippines, i don't think they chose jun's character to be half-filipino for nothing. i'm curious as how this will unfold.

i've never been to japan but i have a feeling japanese don't have much regard for philippines and filipinos. not only japan, i think the same goes about most asian countries, which i think is a sad thing but it is what it is.



i think because Philippines is very different from them. just look at how they write, they study different characters like hangul, kanji, katakana, hiragana.. though they are all different they know how to read it. and mostly for them its easier to learn the language. i.e japanese, korean and chinese.. for philippines we are more influenced by the western culture.. so maybe that's how it is.

and i agree with you. the history of japan and philippines are very known for both countries. but look at this korea too suffer the same way as the way philippines suffer.. but now, you can that koreans are highly appreciated in Japan.. i can't blame Japan if sometimes they are harsh to filipinos, because we are taking advantage of them..
607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

grumpy_killua wrote:
and i agree with you. the history of japan and philippines are very known for both countries. but look at this korea too suffer the same way as the way philippines suffer.. but now, you can that koreans are highly appreciated in Japan.. i can't blame Japan if sometimes they are harsh to filipinos, because we are taking advantage of them..

How are we taking advantage of them? (Well, I'm not, anyway, because I live in America XDDDDD) I'm curious to know what you have to say. If it's about jobs, let me point out that the rapid industrialisation of Japan (and gradually declining birthrate) in the second half of the 20th century caused a labour shortage just as the Philippines decided to begin its OFW program... I would imagine it seemed like a win-win situation at the time. Filipinos get money for their families and country, while Japan gets the service of the workers. So saying that Filipinos are taking advantage of Japan by working over there would be like arguing that the Filipinos are taking advantage of the United States - the whole "they're taking away jobs that belong to those who are from there" argument, which doesn't always hold up. (In any case, both of those countries took advantage of the Philippines in a much worse way LOL.) I'd say we ARE using them to our advantage, but not always in a bad way. (If you enter and leave legally, that is. As for illegals, well... you do what you have to do.)

At the same time, there has been a huge problem in human trafficking/exploitation in Japan regarding Filipinos. Not sure if it's the Japanese or Filipinos' fault in this case because I haven't read enough about it. But in any case, it's the Filipino women getting abused.

If it's not about jobs, well... enlighten me.
15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / land of the risin...
Offline
Posted 4/20/09
yes this is a true racism drama remember what the police said to bito(matsujun) kono fuiripin yarou means this Filipino in a very very rude aproach in Tagalog tong pilipinong to:(

kabadtrip tlga ung police


1018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 4/28/09
Indeed... A really good drama...
572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Manila, Tokyo, Me...
Offline
Posted 4/28/09
watch Smile English subbed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7l2IIdYMaE&feature=channel

589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / between the stars...
Offline
Posted 4/28/09
i've already watched the first episode... the plot is quite interesting and jun's acting is really good. in the drama, Bito have good comrades who also admire his character and him being "half-filipino"... so, we can say that not all japanese are mean especially to "half-bloods" or filipinos per se. even Bito's lawyer in the drama admires his bright smile and positive outlook in life, which are some of the good characteristics of a filipino...

though, i've never been to japan, i'm somehow aware of the racism issues against filipinos by other races(its quite rampant these days). so, i just hope something good will come out of this drama since it touches issues on society and racism...


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.