First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Atheist against all Gods? Not really (explained.)
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/18/09 , edited 4/19/09
Wen I say I am an atheist people fail to understand what I am atheist to.

Atheist is the lack of belief in a God or Gods.
CHristians are atheist to pagan gods...


As for me if I was to walk up to some native of some Island somewhere, and he pointed to a volcano and said thats his God. (I would not be an Atheist to his god.) For he worships a a volcano. I can See the volcano, I know what it does, and it real. (might not be a god to me, but to him it is. SO no I would not be an atheist to that guys God.

'Most Christians don't understand why I target there religion and not the guy on the Islend god.
It all comes down to what your worshiping, and what you say it did. (see his god we can see. and it did what he said it did.) With the christian god there is 0 evidence for it. There is also no evidence for the clames made about the god and the stories of what it did.
that is why I am an atheist to that type of god.


28933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/18/09
Wrong.

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever, which ever god that person chooses, you do not believe in it. Not you per-say, because you don't even know what it means. But yes, atheism would be denying the existence of the Volcano God as well. Not just one single god. What a shame.
137660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/18/09
again with the religion topics i see =T
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 4/18/09

spensaur wrote:

Wrong.

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever, which ever god that person chooses, you do not believe in it. Not you per-say, because you don't even know what it means. But yes, atheism would be denying the existence of the Volcano God as well. Not just one single god. What a shame.


The pocky eater is correct. Atheism is the position that deities(of any kind) do not exist. No wonder your arguments against religion were so weak sir (Darkphoenix). You don't even understand what being an atheist means. Weak atheism which refers to all the other types of non-theism.
28933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/18/09
Pawky eater winz.

18 > 28.

13799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ~ I am in a hut,...
Offline
Posted 4/18/09
I'm going to go out of my way to say that the OP spelt island wrong.

And that Spensaur has a mint car.

-bow-
199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo-3
Offline
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09
op spelled belief wrong too, just sayin.

spelling errors don't help solidify a statement

p.s. what are you even trying to say op?
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 4/19/09
OP spelled a lot of words wrong.

OT: Why not just claim to be agnostic OP? Cause your defying religions, its kinda the better choice. Wow, its so easy to change beliefs nowadays.
199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo-3
Offline
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09

macphapie wrote:

OP spelled a lot of words wrong.


17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09
Op spelled word wrong... Op spelled the Island wrong...!
'how well is your spelling with your third language?

attacking my spelling yet not being on topic, shows you to be nothing but a spamming troll.
199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo-3
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Op spelled word wrong... Op spelled the Island wrong...!
'how well is your spelling with your third language?

attacking my spelling yet not being on topic, shows you to be nothing but a spamming troll.


umad?
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

Nedesukawaii wrote:


spensaur wrote:

Wrong.

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever, which ever god that person chooses, you do not believe in it. Not you per-say, because you don't even know what it means. But yes, atheism would be denying the existence of the Volcano God as well. Not just one single god. What a shame.


The pocky eater is correct. Atheism is the position that deities(of any kind) do not exist. No wonder your arguments against religion were so weak sir (Darkphoenix). You don't even understand what being an atheist means. Weak atheism which refers to all the other types of non-theism.



'Atheism is not believing in a god or gods...
If some one worships a volcano I can see it... So I know its real... It does not mean I think its a God but I can not be a atheist to something that is real. Like a valcano. Just like if you worship a actor, I can not be an atheist to that actor because he is a real person. I might not believ him to be a god, but I can not say that he is not real do to lack of evidence. For there is evidence of him being a real.

'PS.. Pocky is wrong Like I have pointed out Christians are atheist to other Gods and religion. they only believe there god to be real, not eny of the other, and if thats the case than CHristians are atheist wen it comes to Odin, Radin, or any other god other than there own.'

'I understand fully what an atheist is, I don't think you understand the true meaning bahind it. ' For one can have religion and still be an atheist. One can believe in a God or gods, yet still be atheist wen it comes to other Gods. '

'LIke most Religous kids you try to group people into well do to lack of a better word groups, before you even taken the time to understand what words really mean.'

I try to explain to you that atheist in it self Is lack of belief in a god or Gods, mostly do to lack of evidence for that god.
'back to the volcano we can see the volcano we know what it does, as long as we do not give it other abilities I have no angest agenst someone that wishis to call it a god. Hell I find it more logical to worship sun as if it was a god than some thing that has no form nore eny evidence for it. And It was the sun that created are planet, and helped us to grow.




199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo-3
Offline
Posted 4/19/09

spensaur wrote:

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever.


isn't that nihilism?
28933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09

HumanInstrumentality wrote:


spensaur wrote:

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever.


isn't that nihilism?



Nihilism says that religion in its concept amounts to nothing. Like... life is meaningless, everything that follows it is meaningless as well, heaven/hell.

Atheists believe that there is no God, or any other supreme being.

There is quite a big difference between the two, although they are very similar, they are not the same.


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Nedesukawaii wrote:


spensaur wrote:

Wrong.

Atheism is not believing in anything what so ever, which ever god that person chooses, you do not believe in it. Not you per-say, because you don't even know what it means. But yes, atheism would be denying the existence of the Volcano God as well. Not just one single god. What a shame.


The pocky eater is correct. Atheism is the position that deities(of any kind) do not exist. No wonder your arguments against religion were so weak sir (Darkphoenix). You don't even understand what being an atheist means. Weak atheism which refers to all the other types of non-theism.



'Atheism is not believing in a god or gods...
If some one worships a volcano I can see it... So I know its real... It does not mean I think its a God but I can not be a atheist to something that is real. Like a valcano. Just like if you worship a actor, I can not be an atheist to that actor because he is a real person. I might not believ him to be a god, but I can not say that he is not real do to lack of evidence. For there is evidence of him being a real.

'PS.. Pocky is wrong Like I have pointed out Christians are atheist to other Gods and religion. they only believe there god to be real, not eny of the other, and if thats the case than CHristians are atheist wen it comes to Odin, Radin, or any other god other than there own.'

'I understand fully what an atheist is, I don't think you understand the true meaning bahind it. ' For one can have religion and still be an atheist. One can believe in a God or gods, yet still be atheist wen it comes to other Gods. '

'LIke most Religous kids you try to group people into well do to lack of a better word groups, before you even taken the time to understand what words really mean.'

I try to explain to you that atheist in it self Is lack of belief in a god or Gods, mostly do to lack of evidence for that god.
'back to the volcano we can see the volcano we know what it does, as long as we do not give it other abilities I have no angest agenst someone that wishis to call it a god. Hell I find it more logical to worship sun as if it was a god than some thing that has no form nore eny evidence for it. And It was the sun that created are planet, and helped us to grow.


To: Darkphoenix - Like you've pointed out, Christians are atheist to other gods? They are not atheist, they merely don't believe in any other religion. Stop replacing "Do not believe in other religion" with "Atheist towards other religion" you're totally using it in the wrong context. It's quite a shame that you can't even spell correctly when addressing me, or the situation. Try to put some effort into it, you lost all of my respect already. Also, i'm not religious, i'm actually Agnostic, and yes, there is a difference between the two. All you are doing is using the word "Atheist/atheism" in the wrong context. You infact are the uneducated one who does not know the true meaning BEHIND atheism.

Atheism: Belief in no God, or no belief in God.

Wikipedia [lol i used it as a source, shoot me]
Atheism is the position that deities do not exist, or the rejection of theism. In the broadest sense, it is the absence of belief in the existence of deities.

Answers.com
Atheism:
1. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
2. The doctrine that there is no God or gods.

wordnet.princeton.edu
atheistic - rejecting any belief in gods

www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Atheism
(from Greek: a + theos "not god") refers in its broadest sense to a denial of theism (the belief in the existence of a single deity or deities). Atheism has many shades and types. Some atheists strongly deny the existence of God (or any form of deity) and attack theistic claims.

Now, correct me if i'm wrong, and the other 5 million websites on atheism, when i say. Atheism is not believing in any God, or diety. AKA Christians can NOT be atheist. You have it twisted so far up your asshole you can't walk straight. Read a fucking book.

edit: Thank you anime lover, i too enjoy your car <3
Posted 4/19/09 , edited 4/19/09
Who said that atheists are against deities in the first place? Just because you don't acknowledge something's existence doesn't mean that you're against it. You just don't believe in it. Simple.

As an Atheist you could be just as fascinated by the Bible or Mayan gods as some believers but, for example, from a cultural aspect. Religion is interesting and with it its legends, deities, myths, etc. Just saying that just because someone doesn't believe in deities doesn't automatically mean that he is against it, or finds it abhorrent.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who call themselves Atheists and that there is a minority of Atheists who are always bickering about religions such as Christianity or Islam yet I think that a lot of them are not too well-read on this subject and use the wrong arguments when trying to defy one of the previously mentioned religions. But I've also noticed that a lot of religious folks automatically presume that Atheists are hating on God but they completely ignore the fact that most of those Atheists when speaking of God or the religion itself mostly refer to how it/what is described in the Bible or Koran, or some other script.
I personally doubt that the problem lies within God or some other almighty being...it's more the doctrines such as the Bible and Koran that are quite disputative and most definitely for most quite misleading or because of the controversial concept of those holy scripts so easily abused for anything else but good purposes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.