First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you read manga on an e-book?
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
It doesn't feel right reading it using an e-book. Hard copies always give the better touch.
49486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Online playing......
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
Never have, never will. Never have liked digital for a lot of things.
Posted 10/23/13
I have read some on e-book, but of course i prefer reading out of a paperback or a hardcover manga.
39030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 10/24/13 , edited 10/24/13
i read manga on my phone. the screens a bit small but i dont want to carry around anything extra and i definatly dont want to pay for an extra item
34077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/13

bastet666 wrote:

i read manga on my phone. the screens a bit small but i dont want to carry around anything extra and i definatly dont want to pay for an extra item



I read on my phone as well. Also my iPad. The quality is good and save a lot of money and shelf space!
32492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 10/25/13

Rei4Shinji wrote:


bastet666 wrote:

i read manga on my phone. the screens a bit small but i dont want to carry around anything extra and i definatly dont want to pay for an extra item



I read on my phone as well. Also my iPad. The quality is good and save a lot of money and shelf space!


Oh no, phone screen is way too small. I've tried. It hurts my eyes. I saw some dude on the bus the other day reading manga on his phone and I was astounded. Everything's so tiny! How can anyone stand it?!

I do, however, read manga on my Nexus 7. That screen size is perfect for it, in my opinion. I prefer digital reading because it cuts down on paper waste and I can carry around hundreds of different titles in one little device. Convenience trumps all.
5577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13
Both.

I have manga on my ipad. But for those titles I can't get or if they're by my favorite artists, then I want them for my shelf.
34077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/13

Aokidanza wrote:


Rei4Shinji wrote:


bastet666 wrote:

i read manga on my phone. the screens a bit small but i dont want to carry around anything extra and i definatly dont want to pay for an extra item



I read on my phone as well. Also my iPad. The quality is good and save a lot of money and shelf space!


Oh no, phone screen is way too small. I've tried. It hurts my eyes. I saw some dude on the bus the other day reading manga on his phone and I was astounded. Everything's so tiny! How can anyone stand it?!

I do, however, read manga on my Nexus 7. That screen size is perfect for it, in my opinion. I prefer digital reading because it cuts down on paper waste and I can carry around hundreds of different titles in one little device. Convenience trumps all.



Completely agree with you. And the digital quality is something that cannot be achieved on paper at a respectable price. Yes, you could print "high quality" manga but the price would be too high and complaints would be rampant.

Go convenience!
Quarlo 
19293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13
I've always been something of a purist, always wary that innovation is gonna take away something from 'the experience'.

I didn't want a cell phone because my rationale was "If they want to get ahold of me they can wait till I get home". Now I can't live without my mobile phone.

I didn't want a DVR because I thought it would cheapen my television experience. Now I can't live without my DVR.

I didn't want an e-reader because I love the feel of books in my hand. Well SCREW THAT! I love my Kindle Fire HD and read rare manga on it, light novels I can't get thru brick and mortar bookstores and watch all the anime on it that I can stomach.

I'm sure when Holodecks come out I'll resist those too....

Okay, maybe not Holodecks.
27275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 10/31/13
I already have iPad and can use kindle app to read books and manga.
1189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / MELBOURNE
Offline
Posted 10/31/13
no. just no.
13020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/13
I'd read manga on an e-reader but I would still buy the physical books.
11018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / Pittsburgh, PA
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
I would totally read them in an ipad or kindle, I already read manga in my laptop, and I always wondered why the manga industry didn't allow licenses for manga in stream. Crunchyroll just made my day ;A;
3022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Kawaguchi-shi, Japan
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Lots and lots of many people in Japan read manga on their iPhones and Android phones. It's become one of the predominant ways of buying and reading manga. It's also one of the main reasons my company remains committed to making all of our print manga also available as ebooks.
1050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
E-books do sound cool and one of my friends just reads manga on her phone and its a lot easier to have than carrying around the book. You can always have manga at the touch of your fingers wherever you are, and it's really easy to read and so on.
However, e-books on the laptop... hmmm not so much. The only time this would ever come in handy for me is if there was a set time a new e'book chapter could be released and I actually had time to sit down and read. Know what I mean?

However, just like someone said before I prefer to actually read it and I like having hard copies of anything really like manga, dvds, and cd's etc.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.