First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Torture for interrogations.
12257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/09 , edited 4/22/09

Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


Are you as daft as what you're saying, you snot-nosed punk? Oh yes, let's allow torture for interrogation. And then hey, someone is speaking against the police force, let's prison them for life. Oh, their family is speaking out against illegally jailing the protester, let's kill them. A government doesn't like our humans rights policies, let's drop a goddamn atomic bomb on them.

America has blood on it's hands. It's bit the hand of it's master, and that is the first sin it committed. It will resound throughout history. We are the betrayers, the bloodletters, the atomic bomb droppers. We've split reality and used to it kill our Japanese brothers and sisters, and brought the human race to a lower level as a result. And now you think torture should be legal?

Hey, kid, maybe you should move out of mommy's house. Maybe you should be attacked by police for protesting, just because they don't like it. Maybe you should fuck off. This sort of talk makes me so goddamn sad.
1696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 4/22/09
Because your mind is yours and yours only
taking information from someones mind forcefuly is as bad as rape
you choose who you want to tell, and what you wanna say


Thats why cops say; "you have the right to remain silent"
they cant force you to say anything, you dont have to say anything














1244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/09
Someone threatened to have their tounge cut out won't stop talking lol

but on a serious note, if your asking me whether or not I think its ok to use torture to obtain information from someone, my answer would be no
377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The very depth of...
Offline
Posted 5/1/09 , edited 5/1/09
Torture... Does anyone even know what real torture is nowadays?

Think about it... A slow painful death involving rocks, a wooden board, rope, and being kept alive - meaning given food and water, and one rock being placed on you each day is torture.
It's a slow painful death for no reason... Or was it stealing that they did that to you?

I don't remember which.

If the security of the nation depends on it then I say go with Water-boarding (which isn't actually torture because it's monitored w/ doctors - real torture is where they hurt you, like cutting of fingers or arms or drilling into your hand, to get info and then kill you). If it get's them to talk, then use it.
And it doesn't work one some people because they probably don't know anything.

A high-ranking officer will have valuable info. Low-ranks won't have very much if anything.

And if they know anything, you can tell because they talk.


And just for kicks:
Caterpillar Torture!!

That's a joke people... If you read and watch the news you'd know the joke. lol
Posted 5/1/09
Torture is illegal period, end of discussion and it is illegal because it produces false information and we do not want any other country we go to war with that is not 3rd word to do the same to our troops as well, that's why we signed treaties with other nations saying that we would not do it and look at what we did, big surprise My parents are even for it and it pisses me off to end, they have the attitude as long as America does it or the president does it there is no harm at all BULLSHIT, that's called being a hypocrite and there is no excuse for that but I bet a million or more if Britain or any of our other allies did this we even republicans would be all over them about it. As Americans we are above torturing people and we should not have to stoop to the same level as our to enemies to get any information at all, it shows how weak we are as an nation and we all should be ashamed or those who did it anyways should. That's my view on torture and i just hope people can wake up an realize what we did was wrong.
Posted 5/1/09
-sigh- when will the spamming end? -_-;
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/7/09 , edited 5/7/09

Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


So itwould be fine with us torturing you to get answers from you then. If you say it should be legal than you agree to it being used on yourself and your loved ones as well as others. Torture is cruel and is not an effective way of interrogation. It would lead to false confessions, the person being interrogated would just admit (falsely) to the crime to escape the torture.

It's just cruel. Cruelty leads to more cruelty.
Posted 5/11/09
Well if you need information, do what you need to do. !
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/1/09

baronessgotrung wrote:





Darkphoenix3450 wrote:





Both of you stop. I don't care who started it, but whoever continues this crap after this post will be banned.



mystic17 wrote:

-sigh- when will the spamming end? -_-;


It better stop right here.
4750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 5/17/09
it's pretty bad if the person getting tortured didn't really know anything......
1220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/20/09

Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


Well how about I torture you for an hour and get you to sign a confession stating that you are the reincarnated Judas and should be hanged for the death of Jesus. Or maybe I could get you to confess to the murder of Cesar, or make you confess to plotting against the smurfs.

The problem with torture is that it obtains false information because people just want to escape the situation and will say anything. Also when you start torturing people who are on a Jihad against you, your really only confirming that you are a monster that they are right to be opposed to.
2711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/22/09


I think torture shouldn't be used unless the event called for it. anyone tortured may agree to everything, might make up stories to satisfy their interrogators, etc. plus, it's against life... if there are other ways why resort to torture, but if were talking about big time criminals, maybe... it's really hard to tell especially if you're not in their shoes (interrogator, victim)...
Posted 5/22/09

Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


you do present a good point. the only thing i can really say thats bad about torture is inhumanity- treating one human less than another
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/22/09

marumo-kun wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


you do present a good point. the only thing i can really say thats bad about torture is inhumanity- treating one human less than another


Yeah, that doesn't matter. As long as it gets the info, thats all that matters.
Posted 5/22/09

Allhailodin wrote:


marumo-kun wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Torture is a very effective method of interrogation. It's been used it the past, and i think it should be being used now, I think it's a great way to get people to talk, its effective and usually quick. So why is it illegal now ? It shouldn't be illegal, it should be legal, so why isn't it ? What's wrong with torture as a interrogation method ? Thoughts.


you do present a good point. the only thing i can really say thats bad about torture is inhumanity- treating one human less than another


Yeah, that doesn't matter. As long as it gets the info, thats all that matters.


True.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.