First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Humans = Apes
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono. That's a load of crap (IMO). There's a word refered to as UNIQUE. Humanity is UNIQUE. We are the superior lifeform. If humanity really would be the result of a evolution, wouldn't the present monkeys or whatever be human, right now, just like us. Get it? I'm a christian, I have my belief. I believe us humans were created by God. Not some big bang, PERFECTION IS NOT CREATED BY A RANDOM BOOM. I'm refering to all the organs, the way we breath, everything.

Man you can't go around stating that facts like theese, are the truth. It's like me telling you that everything in the bibel is truth, and that everyone should believe it.

This is my opinion, nothing in a discussion is wrong or right.


Sure, we are a superior lifeform - a superior animal. If you take a close look at evolution, not every species evolves the same. IE birds. There's like.. 5001203493478912385948 different types of birds out there. Some with long beaks, some with shorter wings, some that have long legs. This is how i view our evolution into a human being, not to say that i'm right or wrong, just stating my opinion as well. So we supposively evolved from apes, could be true. In my eyes it is true. "PERFECTION IS NOT CREATED BY A RANDOM BOOM." We are not perfect, nor will we ever be perfect. The perfect you are talking about happens to be your "Jesus" you believe in, not the human race. Biologically, proven scientifically, we are animals. IMO this entire discussion is just a fight against how you use the terminology, a rather dumb topic.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09
Nono, I never stated we are perfect as in our personality, but from beginning, a normal human being would be perfect. We can walk, breath, talk, if you really would study biology you would be fascinated of how complicated our body is.
It is the society, no, it's our surroundings that make us who we are. No human being can live a perfect life.

And yes, I agree, this is a dumb topic. I hate discussing things like theese because we all have our arguements based on what we believe in, naturally we fight till the end. And I've been in way too many of theese.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono. That's a load of crap (IMO). There's a word refered to as UNIQUE. Humanity is UNIQUE. We are the superior lifeform. If humanity really would be the result of a evolution, wouldn't the present monkeys or whatever be human, right now, just like us. Get it? I'm a christian, I have my belief. I believe us humans were created by God. Not some big bang, PERFECTION IS NOT CREATED BY A RANDOM BOOM. I'm refering to all the organs, the way we breath, everything.

Man you can't go around stating that facts like theese, are the truth. It's like me telling you that everything in the bibel is truth, and that everyone should believe it.


Sigh, you people are real retards aren't you ? And I suppose, that humanity is only 2000 years old instead of 2.2 million years ? and the earth how old is it ? Oh and was the universe created in 7 days, instead of 14 billion years ? That my friend is a bunch of crap. Humanity isn't superior, we just have a higher intelligence which we got through evolution when our jaw mussles started to loosen allow for cranial expansion. We are not superior in every category, were not superior in strength, or speed, or genetic diversity, we are actually failures in those categories, and yes we are animals, because we fit the definition of animals, we are multicellular animal life composed of Eukaryotic Cells. And humans are not perfection, in fact we are far from it, nothing is perfect.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09
Geez, calm down man. I'm a protestant, he probably isn't. Alright, my bad. And yes, we are superior, we are superior because our intellect is many many times higher than any other lifeform. Thus, an animals strenght and agility would be meaningless in front of a weapon. A weapon created by humanity.

For the record, you shouldn't insult people because they have a different opinion.

A mod should close this topic to prevent further flaming.

No offence. <<
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono, I never stated we are perfect as in our personality, but from beginning, a normal human being would be perfect. We can walk, breath, talk, if you really would study biology you would be fascinated of how complicated our body is.
It is the society, no, it's our surroundings that make us who we are. No human being can live a perfect life.

And yes, I agree, this is a dumb topic. I hate discussing things like theese because we all have our arguements based on what we believe in, naturally we fight till the end. And I've been in way too many of theese.


I completely agree with you. Apes are Apes, Humans are Humans. I believe we have souls created within us in God's image.
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono, I never stated we are perfect as in our personality, but from beginning, a normal human being would be perfect. We can walk, breath, talk, if you really would study biology you would be fascinated of how complicated our body is.
It is the society, no, it's our surroundings that make us who we are. No human being can live a perfect life.

And yes, I agree, this is a dumb topic. I hate discussing things like theese because we all have our arguements based on what we believe in, naturally we fight till the end. And I've been in way too many of theese.


We are not perfect in the beginning either, do you consider being born with AIDS perfect? Do you consider conjoined twins at birth perfect? Heh.. I don't think so. Just because we can walk and breathe, doesn't make us perfect (We can't talk in the "beginning" that takes a couple years) Yes, i have studied biology, it seems like you might not have. Just because our body is complicated doesn't mean we're perfect. So you blame society for our faults? Heh.. once again, you're wrong. Did society create STD's and diseases? Mm... nope.

You should probably stay away from them and refrain from posting in these topics then.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09
Nono, once again, a healthy human would be perfect. A non healthy would not be. It's what we're SUPPOSED to be born with, a healthy body. When I say perfect I'm refering to how the human body works. If a human body would not be perfect, how would it else work?
Imperfection causes unbalanced causes, say I would remove a vital organ, would I still be able to live? Lifeforms aren't created by something that doesn't exist.
Stop trying to prove me wrong, it's my opinion and it's what I think.
9980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

snarper wrote:

I agree except for one thing: humans are superior to anamals on the plain of thought. I say that because we are councious of being concious and thus, satient beings. Just as a side note and, an argument for my point of view, did you know that homo sapiens sapiens (the current state of man) means the man that knows that he knows?


define me counciosness.
Consciousness is a word often used in everyday speech to describe being awake and aware - responsive to the environment, in contrast to being asleep or in a coma. In philosophical and scientific discussion however, the term is restricted to a more precise meaning related to the specific way in which humans are mentally aware in such a way that they distinguish clearly between themselves (the thing being aware) and all other things and events

If you put a mirror infront of dolphins and monkey, they will realise that the face in the mirror are em. isnt that councioness?
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

khryzalids wrote:


snarper wrote:

I agree except for one thing: humans are superior to anamals on the plain of thought. I say that because we are councious of being concious and thus, satient beings. Just as a side note and, an argument for my point of view, did you know that homo sapiens sapiens (the current state of man) means the man that knows that he knows?


define me counciosness.
Consciousness is a word often used in everyday speech to describe being awake and aware - responsive to the environment, in contrast to being asleep or in a coma. In philosophical and scientific discussion however, the term is restricted to a more precise meaning related to the specific way in which humans are mentally aware in such a way that they distinguish clearly between themselves (the thing being aware) and all other things and events

If you put a mirror infront of dolphins and monkey, they will realise that the face in the mirror are em. isnt that councioness?


Exactly we are not the only animals with a consciousness, chimps have one too so do dolphins, and lots of other animals besides humans. Seriously how can people be so stupid ? It's amazing really, the sheer stupidity that is.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09
No, what I'm trying to say is, just like digs, Humans are humans, chimps are chimps. We're unique, we're different.
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono, once again, a healthy human would be perfect. A non healthy would not be. It's what we're SUPPOSED to be born with, a healthy body. When I say perfect I'm refering to how the human body works. If a human body would not be perfect, how would it else work?
Imperfection causes unbalanced causes, say I would remove a vital organ, would I still be able to live? Lifeforms aren't created by something that doesn't exist.
Stop trying to prove me wrong, it's my opinion and it's what I think.


So what is an unhealthy baby? Not human? You're confusing the shit out of me, it's almost like you're running in circles with your words never to reach what you're trying to tell me. "Life forms aren't created by something that doesn't exist" .. so they're created by Jesus, because he's been proven to exist? .. Still confused as hell.

Not trying to prove you wrong persay, just trying to get a straight answer.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09
No, an unhealthy human would not be perfect. Do I need to repeat myself, a human is human, just because an unhealthy baby is unhealthy, it doesn't mean it's some sort of alien or that it's not human. My answers aren't complicated, if you'd read what I've written you'd understand perfectly. And yes, I believe Jesus created humanity. That's exactly why I don't believe in this monkey evolution theory.

You can't prove that God or Jesus exist. That's what we call belief. I stated this a million times, this is what I believe, and what I think is true.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Nono, once again, a healthy human would be perfect. A non healthy would not be. It's what we're SUPPOSED to be born with, a healthy body. When I say perfect I'm refering to how the human body works. If a human body would not be perfect, how would it else work?
Imperfection causes unbalanced causes, say I would remove a vital organ, would I still be able to live? Lifeforms aren't created by something that doesn't exist.
Stop trying to prove me wrong, it's my opinion and it's what I think.


A healthy human isn't perfect, and we are not the only ones with a complex inner working either, chimps have the same respitory system we do, the same circulatory system, basically the same nervous system. the same digestive system as us, and I'm pretty sure the same endocrine system, and on a genetic level they are 98% identical to humans, so by your logic a healthy baby chimpanzee is perfect right ? if you say no then your contradicting yourself. Lots of other animals have a complex anatomy, humans are not the only animal with a very complex and delicate anatomy.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09
Yeah sure, a healthy chimp is perfect. Because his body is fully working, and it's healthy, right?

Just overall, do you like comparing yourself to a monkey?
Go to a Zoo, go look a chimp or monkey in his eyes and say, this was me a very very very long time ago.
How would you feel? This is totally unrelated to what we've talked about, but just overall, try picture yourself as a monkey.

I deny that, I'm not originally a monkey, I'm a human, something different. Something above. You never answered me before, why are the present monkeys still monkeys? Shouldn't they also be human?

Why does war exist? Because people don't get along. Just like this discussion, I don't believe in what you say, and nor do you believe in what I say. This is why this discussion is completely pointless, because whether you try to prove me wrong or not, I will never faulter to what you think. And I doubt you'd start believing in what I think. Shall we end this? Totally sick of it, not to mention I got class in 5 hours and I have yet gone to bed.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/20/09 , edited 4/20/09

Toby- wrote:

Yeah sure, a healthy chimp is perfect. Because his body is fully working, and it's healthy, right?


If it were truly perfect, which it's not true perfection is absolutely impossible, why would there be so many design flaws, our knees for example, are not designed to last very long, they're poorly designed and constantly fail because of that, and even with such a design flaw are we still perfect ? No if we even have 1 design flaw such as that, it is no longer perfect. There is always room for improvment on pretty much anything. There are lots of tiny flaws to the human body, such as its inability to survive completely on its own(minus food) , there are some bacteria that the human body cannot survive without, if those bacteria were removed from the human body it would die, no questions asked, a truly perfect being, would not need to depend on other life forms to survive with the execption of food correct ?v And war is human nature, killing is human nature, war will always exist, so will murder, and actually humans are not a violent species, if chimps were to gain the same level of intelligence and become a part of society, chimps would be commiting 50% more crimes then humans would.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.