First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Why do cheats exist???
7177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / somewhere?
Offline
Posted 4/21/09
i think cheats was created to help pipol for the games that they can`t finish,...

or just a dumb freak hack a game and cr8ted a cheat so he can finish the game!! >< and a new generation of games was created with cheats and hacks,..
46338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / dReAMLand~
Offline
Posted 4/21/09

johnsilva9 wrote:

i think cheats was created to help pipol for the games that they can`t finish,...

or just a dumb freak hack a game and cr8ted a cheat so he can finish the game!! >< and a new generation of games was created with cheats and hacks,..


aren't you the one who created the forum Is cheating bad?
What's ur prob w/ cheats anyway?
7177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / somewhere?
Offline
Posted 4/22/09

ishihara_yuuko wrote:


johnsilva9 wrote:

i think cheats was created to help pipol for the games that they can`t finish,...

or just a dumb freak hack a game and cr8ted a cheat so he can finish the game!! >< and a new generation of games was created with cheats and hacks,..


aren't you the one who created the forum Is cheating bad?
What's ur prob w/ cheats anyway?



uhmm,... my brother and I are fighting about cheats,..
46338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / dReAMLand~
Offline
Posted 4/22/09

johnsilva9 wrote:


ishihara_yuuko wrote:


johnsilva9 wrote:

i think cheats was created to help pipol for the games that they can`t finish,...

or just a dumb freak hack a game and cr8ted a cheat so he can finish the game!! >< and a new generation of games was created with cheats and hacks,..


aren't you the one who created the forum Is cheating bad?
What's ur prob w/ cheats anyway?



uhmm,... my brother and I are fighting about cheats,..


well, u shouldn't have problems w/ cheats either... all people cheat you know....
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/22/09 , edited 4/22/09
Yeah, I think originally it was to help people if they found it too hard. Games back in the day were a lot less user friendly than they are now, most didn't even let you save your game, some you only had 3 lives then you had to start from the beginning! etc.

So the codes let people play the full game that they paid for, rather than just getting furious, being stuck on one part and throwing it out the door and never buying any more games ever again.

I think one of the other possibilities, is to avoid the impact of bugs, back when the internet wasn't widespread and patching was rather un-heard of, I remember a few old games had issues on certain levels and cheat codes could let you skip the games buggy parts.

Your only 14 though, so I doubt you remember those times very vividly, lol. You needed those cheat codes for Commander Keen and Doom II back in the day.
7177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / somewhere?
Offline
Posted 4/22/09

riavan wrote:

Yeah, I think originally it was to help people if they found it too hard. Games back in the day were a lot less user friendly than they are now, most didn't even let you save your game, some you only had 3 lives then you had to start from the beginning! etc.

So the codes let people play the full game that they paid for, rather than just getting furious, being stuck on one part and throwing it out the door and never buying any more games ever again.

I think one of the other possibilities, is to avoid the impact of bugs, back when the internet wasn't widespread and patching was rather un-heard of, I remember a few old games had issues on certain levels and cheat codes could let you skip the games buggy parts.

Your only 14 though, so I doubt you remember those times very vividly, lol. You needed those cheat codes for Commander Keen and Doom II back in the day.


^^ yah,.. i remembered when i played doom,.. i cheated in that game everytime i play it,.. (i was 5 yrs old i think,.. im letting my brother put the cheats,.. ^^)

102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/22/09
Oftentimes cheats are implemented into games during developing time in order to easily test parts of the game which otherwise would require effort to test. As to why they don't take them out? I clearly have no idea. For those of us who have any programming experience, I'm assuming that all it would require is deleting a few "def" functions.

I guess it's just easier to leave them in there, since most people don't mind if cheats exist.
4582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 4/22/09 , edited 4/22/09
i just use the ones that change your character,like make them green and things.I thought they were for difficult games
20772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/22/09
One of the big reasons you see fewer games with cheats today is that they reduce the amount of playtime you get from a game. Studios would much rather have you play a title for 20 hours or more rather than 8 hours or so with cheats.

If you'll compare the N64/PS1 era titles to today's games you'll find that there are far fewer titles with cheats built-in.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/22/09
to help you beat the game quicker, duh
Posted 5/11/09 , edited 5/11/09
why do cheats exist? because some retarded guys try to beat the game, but couldn't. that's why they hack the game and get codes from it..so they could beat the game.. ..now they share their cheats by posting it online..start of a sin -_-

i only used walkthroughs, i think twice, but not Gameshark CHEAT CODES, which i find very often in game websites.
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Calgary.
Offline
Posted 5/11/09
If I remember correctly, the older games were extremely difficult, due to various reasons such as bad choices made by producers, impossible difficulty levels, or really bad game physics. I'd guess that because of such a ridiculous difficulty, game creators introduced cheats which made some games possible for the average gamer, which would otherwise be only finishable for the hardcore gamers. Thus cheats were introduced, and the trend stayed for certain future games.

Of course, this is just a baseless guess at the reason why cheats exist, and this scenario only applies to cheats that were actually implemented by the game producers.

The cheats others creat are probably just for people that can not accomplish something in a game, and don't want to spend the effort and hard work to do it legitly. Or cheats could be created for people like me, who get bored and want to screw up various things in game. Such as in the Facebook game Restaurant City, in which I used cheats to hack myself down to -10k points, when the objective of the game is to go up, starting from 0. That's just how bored I get. I **** up games with cheats, doing otherwise impossible stuff.
54971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Flushing,NY
Offline
Posted 5/11/09 , edited 5/11/09

johnsilva9 wrote:

i think cheats was created to help pipol for the games that they can`t finish,...

or just a dumb freak hack a game and cr8ted a cheat so he can finish the game!! >< and a new generation of games was created with cheats and hacks,..


cheats were made for game testers for an easier way of testing it out without all the hard work(due to the facts games of back then were pains in the ass) but at some point a person found out about the cheat codes for his game put it up on the web and got some fame for it since then game devloper made cheats that are available to the public for fun
33077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ft Riley, kansas
Offline
Posted 5/11/09
For us to look for something that messes with the game, an extra little treat i guess. and makes it funner.
Posted 5/12/09
NO NO NO !!!!!!
Cheats are to make the game fun when you pasted the game. DUUH !
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.