First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Favorite "Tales of..." Game
29934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / a place where t...
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:


Tenoko wrote:


Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:

The orginal Tales of Phantasia because it was made by Tri-Ace (Starwolf at the time,mind you). The rest of "Tales" feel like their constantly ripping off the first game, theres no much added to them at all, its the same formula over and over again, bandai's milky it for all its worth since they don't have Tri-Ace to help them really improve upon it.


Tri Aces they break the rule of normal RPG and tri-Crescendo that make Eternal Sonata that rule of normal rpg as well


Uh, what rule? You mean 100 levels, 9999 HP limit? Whats your point?


Star Ocean 3 does that too. I think the final boss is like level 120 something in his first form, then jumps to like lvl 146 his next form. Game takes freakin forever but it's great.


Good to here that, the longer, the better with Star Ocean;). I'm such a rabid fanboy of Star Ocean, I went out and bought the Star Ocean 3:Director's Cut like the second it came out without evening owning a PS2,x( yeah I considered a it collector's item or something. Flash foward to now, I finally obtained PS2 from a friend, but I can't find the freakin' game. Yeah, its CHEAP to buy at Gamestop but I just wish I knew where my old copy was.


tri-Crescendo is like tri ace cuz the founder for tri ace but they are a sound game compacy but where they make game same thing as well plus the new tale game feel lot better then the old one

Never heard of Tri-Crescendo before. I'm guessing english isn't your first langauge?(non-offensive) Its mine, so if you can please try to use better grammar,if not thats all right.


never taking but english is my first langauge i just have realing bad spelling that all sorry


Oh, ok. Your posts are a little confusing. If you don't mind checking before you post, that would be great.


i just type fast that as well but i try to put that in mind next time if you want to check a tri-Crescendo game go for Eternal Sonata for 360 or PS3 but the ps3 get alittle more stuff that all and a better ending that all
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Planet E-Arth
Offline
Posted 5/6/09


The one I have IS the Director's Cut, I don't know if the normal version goes past lvl 100, never played it. Didn't know they actually ever released it like that, i think they're all Director's cut, even if it doesn't say that. If it has two dvd's then you have the director's cut.
590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

Tenoko wrote:



The one I have IS the Director's Cut, I don't know if the normal version goes past lvl 100, never played it. Didn't know they actually ever released it like that, i think they're all Director's cut, even if it doesn't say that. If it has two dvd's then you have the director's cut.


Well, I distinctly remember the regular Star Ocean 3 Box was blue, the DC purple. I haven't seen the disc content of the regular so I'll take your word for, I just think its a bit of a rip to put the same discs/content in Director cuts box and charge extra.

The level 100 exceeding thing is traditional for all Star Ocean games(even the first), they all go to Level 230 I believe(I know its somewhere in the 200s lol). If you haven't already I recommend highly Star Ocean 2 for PSX or better yet PSP, its an amazing game if you can look past the sprites, it did a lot more for me then Star Ocean 1 which is quite short.
590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:


Tenoko wrote:


Drognar wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:


Drognar wrote:

The orginal Tales of Phantasia because it was made by Tri-Ace (Starwolf at the time,mind you). The rest of "Tales" feel like their constantly ripping off the first game, theres no much added to them at all, its the same formula over and over again, bandai's milky it for all its worth since they don't have Tri-Ace to help them really improve upon it.


Tri Aces they break the rule of normal RPG and tri-Crescendo that make Eternal Sonata that rule of normal rpg as well


Uh, what rule? You mean 100 levels, 9999 HP limit? Whats your point?


Star Ocean 3 does that too. I think the final boss is like level 120 something in his first form, then jumps to like lvl 146 his next form. Game takes freakin forever but it's great.


Good to here that, the longer, the better with Star Ocean;). I'm such a rabid fanboy of Star Ocean, I went out and bought the Star Ocean 3:Director's Cut like the second it came out without evening owning a PS2,x( yeah I considered a it collector's item or something. Flash foward to now, I finally obtained PS2 from a friend, but I can't find the freakin' game. Yeah, its CHEAP to buy at Gamestop but I just wish I knew where my old copy was.


tri-Crescendo is like tri ace cuz the founder for tri ace but they are a sound game compacy but where they make game same thing as well plus the new tale game feel lot better then the old one

Never heard of Tri-Crescendo before. I'm guessing english isn't your first langauge?(non-offensive) Its mine, so if you can please try to use better grammar,if not thats all right.


never taking but english is my first langauge i just have realing bad spelling that all sorry


Oh, ok. Your posts are a little confusing. If you don't mind checking before you post, that would be great.


i just type fast that as well but i try to put that in mind next time if you want to check a tri-Crescendo game go for Eternal Sonata for 360 or PS3 but the ps3 get alittle more stuff that all and a better ending that all


Maybe I will, I got to get my taste of PS2 rpgs first though. I don't have next-gen, and don't expect one for while, but thats quite alright. That post was a lot more understandable then your past few.
130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tohno Mansion
Offline
Posted 5/6/09
Tales of Destiny on the Ps1. My first Tales of game, and it also has the most hot-blooded Stahn Aileron in any of his appearances!!

(Its too bad they rerecorded the VA's in the ToD Remake, he seems a lot more calm now :\ )

29934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / a place where t...
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

saileboat wrote:

Tales of Destiny on the Ps1. My first Tales of game, and it also has the most hot-blooded Stahn Aileron in any of his appearances!!

(Its too bad they rerecorded the VA's in the ToD Remake, he seems a lot more calm now :\ )



he in tale of world as well from the PSP it he still a hot head and he his son kyle in the next one
130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tohno Mansion
Offline
Posted 5/6/09 , edited 5/6/09

kmkaizen wrote:

he in tale of world as well from the PSP it he still a hot head and he his son kyle in the next one


Yeah. But, my point was, he isn't as hot-headed as he was in the PS1 version. Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k87JZAJTMkw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-IXDY3RJY&feature=related

Kyle, on the other hand, always sounds hot-headed. ^^
29934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / a place where t...
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

saileboat wrote:


kmkaizen wrote:

he in tale of world as well from the PSP it he still a hot head and he his son kyle in the next one


Yeah. But, my point was, he isn't as hot-headed as he was in the PS1 version. Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k87JZAJTMkw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-IXDY3RJY&feature=related

Kyle, on the other hand, always sounds hot-headed. ^^


oh sorry my bad
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Planet E-Arth
Offline
Posted 5/7/09

Drognar wrote:


Tenoko wrote:



The one I have IS the Director's Cut, I don't know if the normal version goes past lvl 100, never played it. Didn't know they actually ever released it like that, i think they're all Director's cut, even if it doesn't say that. If it has two dvd's then you have the director's cut.


Well, I distinctly remember the regular Star Ocean 3 Box was blue, the DC purple. I haven't seen the disc content of the regular so I'll take your word for, I just think its a bit of a rip to put the same discs/content in Director cuts box and charge extra.

The level 100 exceeding thing is traditional for all Star Ocean games(even the first), they all go to Level 230 I believe(I know its somewhere in the 200s lol). If you haven't already I recommend highly Star Ocean 2 for PSX or better yet PSP, its an amazing game if you can look past the sprites, it did a lot more for me then Star Ocean 1 which is quite short.


Okay, what is the PSX? Is that the European version of the PS1? Ppl keep using that term and I'm like "Okay is that a generic or something?" I have Star Ocean 1-3, but haven't played 2 yet as I'm still working on one. I totally played this game in the wrong order. 3,1,2. But I love the fact that Welch is in both games one and three, even if she's a NPC in three. I love the Star Ocean games, for some reason, the item creation is my favorite thing to do. Go figure, right? It's just fun, even more so in three.

590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/7/09 , edited 5/7/09

Tenoko wrote:


Drognar wrote:


Tenoko wrote:



The one I have IS the Director's Cut, I don't know if the normal version goes past lvl 100, never played it. Didn't know they actually ever released it like that, i think they're all Director's cut, even if it doesn't say that. If it has two dvd's then you have the director's cut.


Well, I distinctly remember the regular Star Ocean 3 Box was blue, the DC purple. I haven't seen the disc content of the regular so I'll take your word for, I just think its a bit of a rip to put the same discs/content in Director cuts box and charge extra.

The level 100 exceeding thing is traditional for all Star Ocean games(even the first), they all go to Level 230 I believe(I know its somewhere in the 200s lol). If you haven't already I recommend highly Star Ocean 2 for PSX or better yet PSP, its an amazing game if you can look past the sprites, it did a lot more for me then Star Ocean 1 which is quite short.


Okay, what is the PSX? Is that the European version of the PS1? Ppl keep using that term and I'm like "Okay is that a generic or something?" I have Star Ocean 1-3, but haven't played 2 yet as I'm still working on one. I totally played this game in the wrong order. 3,1,2. But I love the fact that Welch is in both games one and three, even if she's a NPC in three. I love the Star Ocean games, for some reason, the item creation is my favorite thing to do. Go figure, right? It's just fun, even more so in three.



The PSX is the PS1, everyone calls that now, I'm pretty sure it got nothing to do with Europe, though. I like the item creation, but its not my fave, of course most of best items are accessible with item creation so its hard not to like:). I don't remember Welch, buts that probably cause I don't pay much attentions to NPCs. When did you start Star Ocean 1, whats your game time, I think the game is about 20-30 hrs depending on whats your aim. Star Ocean for me is all about the great characters and real-time battle system, its like tales but much more fun.
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Planet E-Arth
Offline
Posted 5/7/09

Drognar wrote:


The PSX is the PS1, everyone calls that now, I'm pretty sure it got nothing to do with Europe, though. I like the item creation, but its not my fave, of course most of best items are accessible with item creation so its hard not to like:). I don't remember Welch, buts that probably cause I don't pay much attentions to NPCs. When did you start Star Ocean 1, whats your game time, I think the game is about 20-30 hrs depending on whats your aim. Star Ocean for me is all about the great characters and real-time battle system, its like tales but much more fun.


Welch is the blonde with pigtails and gloved hand on a stick wearing a blue outfit. She's one of your recruitable party members i the first game looking exactly the same. She's a fangirl, so it's funny. I've logged about 30 hrs, I like it a lot, almost done. Apparently alot of people like number two a lot though. Yeah, Tales is an amazing series, I actually just found out about them a few months ago. Abyss is my favorite, but I've only got Phantasia, Legendia, and Abyss.
590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/7/09

Tenoko wrote:


Drognar wrote:


The PSX is the PS1, everyone calls that now, I'm pretty sure it got nothing to do with Europe, though. I like the item creation, but its not my fave, of course most of best items are accessible with item creation so its hard not to like:). I don't remember Welch, buts that probably cause I don't pay much attentions to NPCs. When did you start Star Ocean 1, whats your game time, I think the game is about 20-30 hrs depending on whats your aim. Star Ocean for me is all about the great characters and real-time battle system, its like tales but much more fun.


Welch is the blonde with pigtails and gloved hand on a stick wearing a blue outfit. She's one of your recruitable party members i the first game looking exactly the same. She's a fangirl, so it's funny. I've logged about 30 hrs, I like it a lot, almost done. Apparently alot of people like number two a lot though. Yeah, Tales is an amazing series, I actually just found out about them a few months ago. Abyss is my favorite, but I've only got Phantasia, Legendia, and Abyss.


Oh, you mentioned she was an NPC so I thought she was some unimportant character, now I remember who Welch is. Yeah, at the 30 hrs, you should be surely be about done. I got like 22 hrs and I feel like I'm just a few step from being done. As far as tales, try Tales of Phantasia if you got GBA or the psp version if you can read Japanesse. The only 3D tales I played is Tales of Legendaia, its boring.
If you have playstation Tales of Destiny is amazing as well, but don't touch Tales of Destiny 2 its just a downgrade of Tales of Destiny.
The great think about Star Ocean is the length is like 50 hrs, you can't get all the characters in one run but thats ok, since the game is played through the Perspective of the 2 main characters. You pick one at beginning and you see the story through the eyes of character you pick, it also cuts off certain recruits.
Posted 5/7/09
Every "Tales of" game is too damn good.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Who Knows?
Offline
Posted 5/8/09
Abyss, because I just felt so bad for Luke. How he freaked out when first fighting because of killing people and how he was locked up all the time without a memory of anything. Worst off, I felt for Ashe who had to stand by and watch everything he cared about just be stolen like that. The ending is absolute morbid (the start of it anyways) and they had the best opening theme song
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 5/8/09
Tales of the Abyss...though Tales of Vesperia was a very close 2nd
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.