First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Does Scientific Life Necessarily Coincide With Moral Life?
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

You know, abortion is legal now, and is going to stay legal, and you and your retarded kind are just going to have to deal with it, There is nothing you can do about it, and besides even if someone as insignificant as you could do something about it, people would just get backroom abortions, so even if you can do something about it, you still loose. So you loose either way. Thus there is nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.


whoa, calm down. That was pretty rude Allhailodin, even for you.


Well, for his kind, things don't really sink in too well, gotta repeat yourself alot, you know cause there all mindless fucks, so i figured if he doesn't get it if i say it like that, he'll never understand that he's fighting a hopeless battle. No point in trying to convince him if he's incapable of understanding what your trying to tell him right ?


What do you mean "his kind"? Seriously, you need to try to understand that there are moral people in the world who will always stand up for what they believe is right, it doesn't matter if it's hopeless or not, what is right still has to be fought for. You shouldn't be so pissed off about people having morality.


It's not a matter of morality, its a matter of them trying to take away a womans right to choose. A woman has a right to choose to abort a kid if she fucking wants to, as it should be. They need to stop trying to take that right away from women, its irritating. And besides even if succeed at taking that right away from women, there will still be places women can get "backroom" abortions, if you know what i mean. so either way they loose. So then if they loose either way, then what is point of fighting if your going to loose ?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:

It's not a matter of morality, its a matter of them trying to take away a womans right to choose. A woman has a right to choose to abort a kid if she fucking wants to, as it should be. They need to stop trying to take that right away from women, its irritating. And besides even if succeed at taking that right away from women, there will still be places women can get "backroom" abortions, if you know what i mean. so either way they loose. So then if they loose either way, then what is point of fighting if your going to loose ?


Actually it is morality, it's considered murder by many people. And people are generally against murder, so people against abortion have legitimate reason to be. And why be against rape if we can't stop all rapes that happen? You don't lose if you can't stop it from happening, the point is to make the point that it is wrong.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.


That's just sad, letting something that you have no proof exists(and don't tell me otherwise, no matter what you say, you still have absolutely no proof god even exists) tell you what to do, I'm not a fan of being used, nobody get's to use me, not even god, screw that. But you, you just willingly let yourself be used, by something that might not even exist, and that is just sad. And it is not logically the right thing to do to let some higher being rule you, you christains know nothing about logic, thats why your christain in the first place. You should rule yourself and tell yourself what to do, tell god to fucking shove it. and run your own life.

10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

It's not a matter of morality, its a matter of them trying to take away a womans right to choose. A woman has a right to choose to abort a kid if she fucking wants to, as it should be. They need to stop trying to take that right away from women, its irritating. And besides even if succeed at taking that right away from women, there will still be places women can get "backroom" abortions, if you know what i mean. so either way they loose. So then if they loose either way, then what is point of fighting if your going to loose ?


Actually it is morality, it's considered murder by many people. And people are generally against murder, so people against abortion have legitimate reason to be. And why be against rape if we can't stop all rapes that happen? You don't lose if you can't stop it from happening, the point is to make the point that it is wrong.


Who cares if it's murder or not, death and killing are a natural part of the way the world works, the strong(mother) survive and the weak(fetus) die, thats the natural way of things,as it should be btw. So even if it is murder(and it's not) it's not a big deal. It's the womans right to murder her unborn child if she wants to, as it should be. And it's not wrong either. Whats wrong is them trying to take away a womans right to choose, they're just hypocritical retards.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.


That's just sad, letting something that you have no proof exists(and don't tell me otherwise, no matter what you say, you still have absolutely no proof god even exists) tell you what to do, I'm not a fan of being used, nobody get's to use me, not even god, screw that. But you, you just willingly let yourself be used, by something that might not even exist, and that is just sad. And it is not logically the right thing to do to let some higher being rule you, you christains know nothing about logic, thats why your christain in the first place. You should rule yourself and tell yourself what to do, tell god to fucking shove it. and run your own life.



I know that God is real and His existence is not in question for me. I might not be able to show you God in physical form, but I know God is real from experiences I have had in my personal life. I accept that God is real, and because I accept that I choose to follow what He says because afteral, He is God. It's really not that illogical or irrational.

And Christians do know much about logic, in fact many of the greatest philosophers were Christians. There are also highly intelligent Christians who were highly regarded atheistic philosophers before they became born again. CS Lewis and Lee Strobel are two recent examples. Now they are (or were in the case of CS Lewis) Christian philosophers.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.


That's just sad, letting something that you have no proof exists(and don't tell me otherwise, no matter what you say, you still have absolutely no proof god even exists) tell you what to do, I'm not a fan of being used, nobody get's to use me, not even god, screw that. But you, you just willingly let yourself be used, by something that might not even exist, and that is just sad. And it is not logically the right thing to do to let some higher being rule you, you christains know nothing about logic, thats why your christain in the first place. You should rule yourself and tell yourself what to do, tell god to fucking shove it. and run your own life.



I know that God is real and His existence is not in question for me. I might not be able to show you God in physical form, but I know God is real from experiences I have had in my personal life. I accept that God is real, and because I accept that I choose to follow what He says because afteral, He is God. It's really not that illogical or irrational.

And Christians do know much about logic, in fact many of the greatest philosophers were Christians. There are also highly intelligent Christians who were highly regarded atheistic philosophers before they became born again. CS Lewis and Lee Strobel are two recent examples. Now they are (or were in the case of CS Lewis) Christian philosophers.


Incorrect, you think god is real, but you have no proof, thus you cannot know if god is in fact real or not. Thinking is not the same as knowing. And following something merely because it is a higher power is illogical and stupid, think for yourself, don't let some retard on a cloud tell you what to do, Telling yourself what to do > Letting god tell you what to do. But i doubt i'll be able to change your mind, and you'll keep on being an idiot. which is not my problem.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.


That's just sad, letting something that you have no proof exists(and don't tell me otherwise, no matter what you say, you still have absolutely no proof god even exists) tell you what to do, I'm not a fan of being used, nobody get's to use me, not even god, screw that. But you, you just willingly let yourself be used, by something that might not even exist, and that is just sad. And it is not logically the right thing to do to let some higher being rule you, you christains know nothing about logic, thats why your christain in the first place. You should rule yourself and tell yourself what to do, tell god to fucking shove it. and run your own life.



I know that God is real and His existence is not in question for me. I might not be able to show you God in physical form, but I know God is real from experiences I have had in my personal life. I accept that God is real, and because I accept that I choose to follow what He says because afteral, He is God. It's really not that illogical or irrational.

And Christians do know much about logic, in fact many of the greatest philosophers were Christians. There are also highly intelligent Christians who were highly regarded atheistic philosophers before they became born again. CS Lewis and Lee Strobel are two recent examples. Now they are (or were in the case of CS Lewis) Christian philosophers.


Incorrect, you think god is real, but you have no proof, thus you cannot know if god is in fact real or not. Thinking is not the same as knowing. And following something merely because it is a higher power is illogical and stupid, think for yourself, don't let some retard on a cloud tell you what to do, Telling yourself what to do > Letting god tell you what to do. But i doubt i'll be able to change your mind, and you'll keep on being an idiot. which is not my problem.


I do think that God is real but I also know that God is real. As I have said, I have seen God at work in my life and in the lives of others. The Holy Spirit of God is at work and I have had the blessing of witnessing that (as do all Christians). It's about having faith, and those who don't accept Christ will view things as if they are foolish, the Bible even says that, I also understand how others view them because before I had been brought to Christ I was an agnostic/deist.
1Cr 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cr 2:15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
1Cr 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.


Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

It's not a matter of morality, its a matter of them trying to take away a womans right to choose. A woman has a right to choose to abort a kid if she fucking wants to, as it should be. They need to stop trying to take that right away from women, its irritating. And besides even if succeed at taking that right away from women, there will still be places women can get "backroom" abortions, if you know what i mean. so either way they loose. So then if they loose either way, then what is point of fighting if your going to loose ?


Actually it is morality, it's considered murder by many people. And people are generally against murder, so people against abortion have legitimate reason to be. And why be against rape if we can't stop all rapes that happen? You don't lose if you can't stop it from happening, the point is to make the point that it is wrong.


Who cares if it's murder or not, death and killing are a natural part of the way the world works, the strong(mother) survive and the weak(fetus) die, thats the natural way of things,as it should be btw. So even if it is murder(and it's not) it's not a big deal. It's the womans right to murder her unborn child if she wants to, as it should be. And it's not wrong either. Whats wrong is them trying to take away a womans right to choose, they're just hypocritical retards.


You know what's weird, you're always going off on how you don't care about anything that doesn't affect you, and yet you're so passionate about fighting for woman's rights.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say (I say that as respectfully as I can). There is no guarantee that it will grow up and become born again, but that is up to the individuals free will. It isn't God's Purpose that the child live a sinful life and go to hell when it dies, it is God's purpose that the child embrace the gifts God has created within him/her and live for Christ on it's own will and out of love for God.

And I'm not saying that God is sad about bringing the child into heaven, He is heart broken over the act of abortion and murder. It breaks His heart to know that His precious creation has been disrespected and murdered without having the chance to embrace the life that God has created for that unique individual. God welcomes the child into heaven with Loving Arms, but it saddens Him to see the sin of abortion taking place and terminating a wonderful future that God has planned for that person if they simply follow Him.

And I'm not sure if we can define someone's specific purpose. For some people it is to be a father/mother and work as a doctor. For others it is to serve in the church. Regardless of what occupation you are in, if you live as a Christian obedient to God then you know your occupation is where God wants you to be for reasons that He will reveal to you, whether it be helping others or being a witness for Christ. Regardless, there are many universal purposes for Christians, and they are the basics of what Jesus taught (love others, help the poor, be giving to all people, etc...) Here is a specific verse that I learned about in church today.
1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1Pe 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


This is kinda what one of the basic purposes of being a Christian is in a nutshell. For me, my specific purpose in life is to be a servant to my best friend. My best friends purpose is to be a youth minister in church, and I am called to be his servant and helper. God has given both of us gifts and qualities that are for our specific purposes, and God will use both of us in powerful ways for Him if we let Him use us. Purpose is essentially what we live for, we are to be beings of worship and love, serving others and living for God.


Okay. So God doesn't necessarily just want us all to go to heaven, he wants us to go through life and earn it on our own.

So God would rather let the baby live life and possibly send it to hell if it's bad than it being aborted and automatically going to heaven. I see, God wants more than anything for us to live full lives and find the right way on our own. But if I was Christian, personally, I would rather have died as a baby than go through this life. It would make things alot easier for me cause this world is depressing...


God does want us to all go to heaven, but it's up to us to choose. He wants us to live on earth and live the life that I have said in previous posts. God created people for relationships. Mainly to have a relationship with Him, and then with others. If we all die in the womb there would be no human creation, and we would never have relationships (what we are designed for). Life isn't about being easy, it's about loving and being loved.

And yes, this world is depressing, but I personally believe that we can live life to the fullest through Christ. Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. The devil wants to steal from us the life that God wants for us, Jesus has come so that we may live life to the fullest and within the context of our created purpose. Living life to the fullest isn't living to gratify ourself, but living in relationship with God and serving others. True joy comes from giving and serving and loving, not from chasing things like parties and sex and drugs (they only leave us craving for more and never satisfy). Jesus came to tell us how we may be saved, and also how to live our lives to the fullest.


Who cares what god want's, are you gonna let god tell you what to do ? and if you are, thats just sad.


I am going to let God lead my life, because God loves me more than any human being, and His plans are set in place to prosper me, not to destroy me. God is infinitely wiser then me, so it is logically and relationally reasonable for me to let God lead my life. I am trying to live the life God created me for, and so far that has come with much refinement (trials and lessons that I am learning through suffering). But also, I have the greatest joy I have ever had in the calling that God has given to me So yes, of course I want God, the one who designed me, to be the one that leads me because He knows me better then myself or anyone else.


That's just sad, letting something that you have no proof exists(and don't tell me otherwise, no matter what you say, you still have absolutely no proof god even exists) tell you what to do, I'm not a fan of being used, nobody get's to use me, not even god, screw that. But you, you just willingly let yourself be used, by something that might not even exist, and that is just sad. And it is not logically the right thing to do to let some higher being rule you, you christains know nothing about logic, thats why your christain in the first place. You should rule yourself and tell yourself what to do, tell god to fucking shove it. and run your own life.



I know that God is real and His existence is not in question for me. I might not be able to show you God in physical form, but I know God is real from experiences I have had in my personal life. I accept that God is real, and because I accept that I choose to follow what He says because afteral, He is God. It's really not that illogical or irrational.

And Christians do know much about logic, in fact many of the greatest philosophers were Christians. There are also highly intelligent Christians who were highly regarded atheistic philosophers before they became born again. CS Lewis and Lee Strobel are two recent examples. Now they are (or were in the case of CS Lewis) Christian philosophers.


Incorrect, you think god is real, but you have no proof, thus you cannot know if god is in fact real or not. Thinking is not the same as knowing. And following something merely because it is a higher power is illogical and stupid, think for yourself, don't let some retard on a cloud tell you what to do, Telling yourself what to do > Letting god tell you what to do. But i doubt i'll be able to change your mind, and you'll keep on being an idiot. which is not my problem.


I do think that God is real but I also know that God is real. As I have said, I have seen God at work in my life and in the lives of others. The Holy Spirit of God is at work and I have had the blessing of witnessing that (as do all Christians). It's about having faith, and those who don't accept Christ will view things as if they are foolish, the Bible even says that, I also understand how others view them because before I had been brought to Christ I was an agnostic/deist.
1Cr 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cr 2:15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
1Cr 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.




Nah, you think god is real but you do not know, there is no proof god exists, and there never will be. Unless i see a talking 200 flame, there will be no proof that god exists, and i will never see a talking 200 foot flame, because fire isn't capable of speech, nor will fire ever be capable of speech. And quoting the bible is as useless as the bible itself. It's probally got some true things, and the rest is utter crap. Having faith in god is exactly the same as having faith in an apple or a tire. It does nothing useful. And it takes away ones sense of logic.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
I think the proper terminology is he believes God exists.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

It's not a matter of morality, its a matter of them trying to take away a womans right to choose. A woman has a right to choose to abort a kid if she fucking wants to, as it should be. They need to stop trying to take that right away from women, its irritating. And besides even if succeed at taking that right away from women, there will still be places women can get "backroom" abortions, if you know what i mean. so either way they loose. So then if they loose either way, then what is point of fighting if your going to loose ?


Actually it is morality, it's considered murder by many people. And people are generally against murder, so people against abortion have legitimate reason to be. And why be against rape if we can't stop all rapes that happen? You don't lose if you can't stop it from happening, the point is to make the point that it is wrong.


Who cares if it's murder or not, death and killing are a natural part of the way the world works, the strong(mother) survive and the weak(fetus) die, thats the natural way of things,as it should be btw. So even if it is murder(and it's not) it's not a big deal. It's the womans right to murder her unborn child if she wants to, as it should be. And it's not wrong either. Whats wrong is them trying to take away a womans right to choose, they're just hypocritical retards.


You know what's weird, you're always going off on how you don't care about anything that doesn't affect you, and yet you're so passionate about fighting for woman's rights.


Because I'm tired of seeing peoples rights being taken away from them perhaps ?, I myself am a fan of freedom, I dunno about you tho


And btw it kinda does effect me under certain circumstances, but I highly doubt those circumstances will ever be met.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

Allhailodin wrote:

Because I'm tired of seeing peoples rights being taken away from them perhaps ?, I myself am a fan of freedom, I dunno about you tho


And btw it kinda does effect me under certain circumstances, but I highly doubt those circumstances will ever be met.


lol cause you're tired of seeing people's rights taken away? This is coming from the guy who thinks people should use torture. Anything could affect you under the right circumstances, so are you now going to speak out against injustices all over the world? You should go check out Amnesty International.

Seriously though, are you just suddenly pretending you care about something because you can attack religion while you're at it? Cause that's what it seems like, you always used to go off about how you didn't care that people in Palestine are losing rights and being killed because it doesn't affect you and now all of a sudden you're a fan of freedom? Seriously. And woman's rights of all things lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.