First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Do People Have a Right to be Racist?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
What’s your opinion? Do people have a right to be racist without being harassed for their beliefs? Personally, I don’t care how a person feels about something as long as they’re not hurting anybody. I also hate the idea of punishing people for holding unpopular opinions. So, what do –you- think?
102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
YES! Having an opinion opposite the mainstream idea is totally acceptable.

Though, just try to tell that to the U.S. Government. They are starting to call everyone who is anti obama a "radicalized right wing extremist".
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
mhmmm... i'm an existentialist, thus, i believe it's correct to have freedom of speech. I believe people do have the right, but due to political correctness, it's 'wrong'. Sadly enough, a lot of people don't know the difference between freedom and liberty > >;;

I don't really get what your saying though, because being racist is harassing others for their beliefs... I think what you're getting at is a sense of discrimination, like racial slurs? o_o
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

SeraphAlford wrote:

What’s your opinion? Do people have a right to be racist without being harassed for their beliefs? Personally, I don’t care how a person feels about something as long as they’re not hurting anybody. I also hate the idea of punishing people for holding unpopular opinions. So, what do –you- think?


'Racist is the hate of another group of people for bing a different color or from a different place.
It Has nothing to do with belief systems.

If I display my anger for Religion. I am not being racist... For I am not attacking someones race, just there beliefs and that has nothing to do with race...
Posted 4/26/09
^ o_0 why do you have to drag religion into this?
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

^ o_0 why do you have to drag religion into this?


Yeah, he tends to do that alot lol


Anyways, people have the right to think or believe whatever they want, no one can control that. But they just can't harass or bother anyone else because of it.
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
Um, yeah.
I mean, you can't be arrested for having an opinion. (Even if it is an unfair one or one that we disagree with.)
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

^ o_0 why do you have to drag religion into this?

'First thing that came to my mind wen it comes to people using that word wrong.

Usually its that case wen people missuse that word. You just being Rasist agenst are religioun.
"so yes thats first thing that jumped in my head. '

If it makes you feel better.... Your not racist if you don't like someones ideals on birth control, and such.
better.. Racist is only used wen hating people because there not black, or Yellow like you.
It has nothing to do with belief systems.
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

^ o_0 why do you have to drag religion into this?

'First thing that came to my mind wen it comes to people using that word wrong.

Usually its that case wen people missuse that word. You just being Rasist agenst are religioun.
"so yes thats first thing that jumped in my head. '

If it makes you feel better.... Your not racist if you don't like someones ideals on birth control, and such.
better.. Racist is only used wen hating people because there not black, or Yellow like you.
It has nothing to do with belief systems.


Uhm...even racism can be based on a belief "system". Belief system isn't bound to just religious subjects.

I could, if I wanted to, create a belief against a specific race, or more races, and putting it into a dogmatic form. Maybe the KKK is a pretty good example of such a belief system?

But I guess I'll agree with you that religion isn't necessarily bound to racism or vice versa and that people pretty much ignore the definition of racism...

Either way, your complaint is way beyond the topic.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

^ o_0 why do you have to drag religion into this?

'First thing that came to my mind wen it comes to people using that word wrong.

Usually its that case wen people missuse that word. You just being Rasist agenst are religioun.
"so yes thats first thing that jumped in my head. '

If it makes you feel better.... Your not racist if you don't like someones ideals on birth control, and such.
better.. Racist is only used wen hating people because there not black, or Yellow like you.
It has nothing to do with belief systems.


Uhm...even racism can be based on a belief "system". Belief system isn't bound to just religious subjects.

I could, if I wanted to, create a belief against a specific race, or more races, and putting it into a dogmatic form. Maybe the KKK is a pretty good example of such a belief system?


'the KKK is religoun based on hating other races That makes them racist, it makes there religoun racist... But to hate there religoun is hating there Ideals, and its not Racist.
Understand,, I am trying to explain it to you as clear as I can.
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
'the KKK is religoun based on hating other races That makes them racist, it makes there religoun racist... But to hate there religoun is hating there Ideals, and its not Racist.
Understand,, I am trying to explain it to you as clear as I can.


I'm not sure about this..but I think the KKK is more of a cult. And, uhm..I edited my previous post but you already quoted me by then..my net's slow. >.>

Anyway, back on topic. I don't think that people as a whole are allowed to have prejudices of such a derogatory matter such as racism. I mean, we can't really do anything against our origins now can we?

However I'm not against the idea of being mistrustful towards aliens; foreigners and anything that isn't too common in the particular area.
Some stereotypes about certain nations aren't all that untrue and shouldn't be completely ignored but I wouldn't go so far as to hate them for having a different physical appearance than myself. But for example the gypsies in my country are renowned for being thieves, of vulgar character, and pretty much aggressive -- knowing this I'll automatically create a stereotypical out view on gypsies that whenever I see a gypsy the first thing that will automatically pop up in my head as a warning is: Warning Shroom, those people are renowned for particularly negative behavioural characteristics; be careful around them. Although all that grew on a racial presumption I wouldn't call it racism -- more like I'm not disregarding their "disabilities"; in this case the previously mentioned negative behavioural characteristics.

Lets say that the racially based stereotypes are just a little bonus that help me to selectively adapt myself to a certain environment, situation, culture etc.

Not sure if my point came across..I'm tired so my English sucks badass.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
'the KKK is religoun based on hating other races That makes them racist, it makes there religoun racist... But to hate there religoun is hating there Ideals, and its not Racist.
Understand,, I am trying to explain it to you as clear as I can.


I'm not sure about this..but I think the KKK is more of a cult. And, uhm..I edited my previous post but you already quoted me by then..my net's slow. >.>

Anyway, back on topic. I don't think that people as a whole are allowed to have prejudices of such a derogatory matter such as racism. I mean, we can't really do anything against our origins now can we?

However I'm not against the idea of being mistrustful towards aliens; foreigners and anything that isn't too common in the particular area.
Some stereotypes about certain nations aren't all that untrue and shouldn't be completely ignored but I wouldn't go so far as to hate them for having a different physical appearance than myself. But for example the gypsies in my country are renowned for being thieves, of vulgar character, and pretty much aggressive -- knowing this I'll automatically create a stereotypical out view on gypsies that whenever I see a gypsy the first thing that will automatically pop up in my head as a warning is: Warning Shroom, those people are renowned for particularly negative behavioural characteristics; be careful around them. Although all that grew on a racial presumption I wouldn't call it racism -- more like I'm not disregarding their "disabilities"; in this case the previously mentioned negative behavioural characteristics.

Lets say that the racially based stereotypes are just a little bonus that help me to selectively adapt myself to a certain environment, situation, culture etc.

Not sure if my point came across..I'm tired so my English sucks badass.


I am not saying all racisom is bad.. well it is but to a lower level that is acceptable... I was only pointing out what racist is and what it is not.

As in hating an Ideal is not being Racist, Hating a group op people just because there white is racist.

Posted 4/26/09
^ lol you really need to research about the KKK again cause it really is a cult.....
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/26/09

mystic17 wrote:

^ lol you really need to research about the KKK again cause it really is a cult.....

Maby you need to research Cults again, most religouns started out as cults.
Including all of the Cathlic and Christion versons.


'Cults are still religouns there just not part of the norm, or large well liked religouns.
Posted 4/26/09 , edited 4/26/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Maby you need to research Cults again, most religouns started out as cults.
Including all of the Cathlic and Christion versons.


'Cults are still religouns there just not part of the norm, or large well liked religouns.


the main point of the KKK wasn't even all about religion. it was about keeping that "white purity" crap & hating others who weren't "white". many KKK members said they were christians & did what God stood for, but the whole point of the cult was the "white power" thing & bring harm to those who were considered inferior "races" & whatnot....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.