Remove this ad
Created by godofwar7
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Who is most compatible with Gintoki?
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/15/12

sanchez2007x1 wrote:

Still a gin/tae fan but here's what I saw:(trying to be biased free)


Gintoki has/had a crush. He may be one of those classic love dumbasses
Tae has/had a crush, but may also be a love dumbass.
Tsukuyo doesn't seem to be the type to admit she loves a person. Tsundere?
Saachan loves gintoki out loud.

Anything to add?


So... what are you conclusions
Member
37303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Narnia, Closet
Offline
Posted 6/15/12 , edited 6/15/12

huckdiane wrote:


sanchez2007x1 wrote:

Still a gin/tae fan but here's what I saw:(trying to be biased free)


Gintoki has/had a crush. He may be one of those classic love dumbasses
Tae has/had a crush, but may also be a love dumbass.
Tsukuyo doesn't seem to be the type to admit she loves a person. Tsundere?
Saachan loves gintoki out loud.

Anything to add?


So... what are you conclusions :blink:


Conclusion: Even if they did like each other(whoever), they dumb XD
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/12


Conclusion: Even if they did like each other(whoever), they dumb XD


OK... now I'm even more confused
167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/12
It is the very reason that they haven't expressed a love interest for Gin that kills me. However, I feel that sooner or later, Gintoki will open up and marry.

Otae x Gintoki - I was absolutely in love with this. They are comfortable towards each other and has been an important part of Gin's life since the show started. However, I see her and Kondo as more of a possibility.

Sa-chan x Gintoki - Many people seem to hate Sa-chan but I think that if no one opens up to Gin after a long time that Gin will eventually concede and accept Sa-chan.

Kagura x Gintoki- People like this. I don't. This bond is a family like bond, not a romantic bond and it will not be explored. If Kagura was say, 3 or 4 years older, then yes, it is definitely worth considering but their bond is father daughter like, not a romantic one.

Tsukuyo x Gintoki - I remained staunch Otae x Gintoki until the first Yoshiwara arc where I had second thoughts but reaffirmed it with the Spider Arc where he went crazy to save her. When he freed her from the spiderweb and they had that one "moment", I was certain of it.

Kyuubei x Gintoki- Gin is noted for making Kyuubei more ladylike but he wouldn't consider it because Kyuubei's love for Otae.

I have a few for all those that don't want more!

Ketsuno Ana x Gintoki- This is the first girl that Gin actually liked. He stated that he would marry her if given the chance, went crazy to support her during the Diviner Arc and ripped calender pages when he found out she married.

Chin Pirako x Gintoki- The girl that wants to make gardens of red flowers likes Gin. She stated that she began to like him and offered her hand in marriage so that they wouldn't have to fight in the Four Devas Arc.

Overall, here's the list of what I think are the possibilities.

1. Gin x Tsukuyo
2. Gin x Otae
3. Gin x Sa-chan
4. Gin x Ketsuno Ana
5. Gin x Chin Pirako
6. Gin x Kyuubei
7. Gin x Kagura

778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 7/3/12 , edited 7/3/12


It is the very reason that they haven't expressed a love interest for Gin that kills me. However, I feel that sooner or later, Gintoki will open up and marry.


Well not every girl has a love interest towards Gintoki, that's probably why. The only ones that we're certain about to have at least a crush on him are Sacchan and Tsukuyo, although they manifest it in two very different ways. But I'm sure your latest statement will come true :D
And I also wanna go through your analysis bit by bit, or I'll try LOL




Otae x Gintoki - I was absolutely in love with this. They are comfortable towards each other and has been an important part of Gin's life since the show started. However, I see her and Kondo as more of a possibility.


I've never really bought the idea of GinTae, not even when she was the only girl in the series, besides Kagura of course. It's quite evident to me now that she considers Gin like part of the family and viceversa from him too. While not exactly a siblings relationship like with Kagura and Shinpachi, it's still definitely not a bond with a romantic nature either so let's say... cousins LOL
Not to mention that more and more people are realizing that she might have (or should say DEFINITELY HAS ) a love interest for Hijikata. There have been a few hints, and the potential for a possible dramatic love triangle involving Kondo are just too promising!




Sa-chan x Gintoki - Many people seem to hate Sa-chan but I think that if no one opens up to Gin after a long time that Gin will eventually concede and accept Sa-chan.


You know what, that totally makes sense actually. Or they could end up together really just for a massive troll. Although another ninja girl might open up to Gin before that happens, or he could even realize about her feeling for him without her even saying anything




Tsukuyo x Gintoki - I remained staunch Otae x Gintoki until the first Yoshiwara arc where I had second thoughts but reaffirmed it with the Spider Arc where he went crazy to save her. When he freed her from the spiderweb and they had that one "moment", I was certain of it.


Guess who's the other ninja girl I was talking about on the quote above... Definitely the perfect match for him!




Kyuubei x Gintoki- Gin is noted for making Kyuubei more ladylike but he wouldn't consider it because Kyuubei's love for Otae.


Or because he's not interested at all. He calls her Kyuubei-KUN and she's just one of the guys for him.




I have a few for all those that don't want more!

Ketsuno Ana x Gintoki

Chin Pirako x Gintoki


You forgotten about Rei from the Ghost arc. Her crush for Gin is just too cute.
Also a few people would include Noriko (the girl on the scooter who always needs the wind), Tetsuko (the blacksmith from Benizakura arc), and even the fire-fighter girl.

48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/11/12
tsukuyo all the way.It would be the upbringing of the world!
6 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 8/11/12
I love Gintoki and Kagura together, because it's just...adorable. I know you guys see the father and daughter relationship but it's kinda more than that. Know how Gintoki has a crush on Ketsuno Ana? Well Kagura picks on his crush and it looks like a sign of jealousy. I mean, if people like Amu and Ikuto, wouldn't this pairing have a go? And Gintoki ignores most of the girls that fawns over him. What makes it more interesting, is that they make the cutest and best comedy duo. I just support Gintoki and Kagura, er, ship them. I don't care about the age difference, why does a lot of people pick on that? I mean every couple has their flaws. I watched twice already and there is a lot of moments where Gintoki and Kagura had together. Plus, her bloodline, the yato clan, he can help her. When she was almost going to fall onto the mother and child, Gin was the one and only to save her. He even put up for Sadaharu just to make Kagura happy. There IS some moments where you go,"Aww.." I don't see any father and daughter relationships at all. It's just the beginning of the new way of love, how you feel more than family.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/12
The Moon of Yoshiwara and the Courtesan of Death plus the Joui patriot samurai's legendary Shiroyasha (White Demon) and boss of the Yorozuya, what a combination! If ever this two were to be married, nobody cant stop this two armed only with a kunai and a bokutou and sometimes a katana! Well, who knows what would Gin and Tsukki's son or daughter looks like and what power do they possess. Cant wait to see the time Gin will someday have a family and I wank Tsukki to be his wife!
6 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/13
ah,no hijikata cuz their same personalities yet a little bit different is soooooooooooooooooooo <3.OTP feels~~
I like GinxOtae better but then I thought of Kondo.So maybe GinTsu
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 3/29/13

Spectrumatic wrote:

I love Gintoki and Kagura together, because it's just...adorable. I know you guys see the father and daughter relationship but it's kinda more than that. Know how Gintoki has a crush on Ketsuno Ana? Well Kagura picks on his crush and it looks like a sign of jealousy. I mean, if people like Amu and Ikuto, wouldn't this pairing have a go? And Gintoki ignores most of the girls that fawns over him. What makes it more interesting, is that they make the cutest and best comedy duo. I just support Gintoki and Kagura, er, ship them. I don't care about the age difference, why does a lot of people pick on that? I mean every couple has their flaws. I watched twice already and there is a lot of moments where Gintoki and Kagura had together. Plus, her bloodline, the yato clan, he can help her. When she was almost going to fall onto the mother and child, Gin was the one and only to save her. He even put up for Sadaharu just to make Kagura happy. There IS some moments where you go,"Aww.." I don't see any father and daughter relationships at all. It's just the beginning of the new way of love, how you feel more than family.


He put up with a dog and supported her. That's a father like thing to do. My dad doesn't like some stuff I do or have but he puts up with it just for me. Seriously, Kagura x Gintoki won't happen. If you ask me, its just disgusting. Kids should be with kids and adults with adults. If she was at least 16, I'd THINK about it but their relationship is definitely family wise. There was this part where it was cherry blossom viewing or whatever and Gintoki and Hijikata were saying how "My Sougo/Kagura's better". That's what parents do. "My daughter can do this way better than yours." Their proud. If Gintoki x Kagura becomes canon, Sougo x Hijikata would be too even though that couple is different from Gintoki x Kagura by a mile stone. they just had that one familiar moments with proud papas showing off their kids.

Anyway, regarding this forum, I say Gintoki x Hijikata. Seriously, these women aren't good enough for Gintoki. I hate how in animes, the females are annoying as fuck. Just suck it up and admit your feelings. Mitsuba was the only woman I really liked to be honest and Otose but she's too old. But I picked Kyuubei because I rather see her with Gintoki than any other woman in the show with Gintoki (except Ketsuno Ana. He actually likes her).

I think Gintoki has some feelings for Otae and Tsukuyo but they throw him off when they act the way they do. I agree with a previous post saying if there was a woman who acted like Kagura, I'd pair him up with her because Kagura's character has to be the best in the show for females.

Since its shounen, we most likely won't ever get to see who he ends up with but I'm fine with that. When you add romance in Shonen animes (Naruto, Bleach, etc), things just go haywire. I started watching GinTama because I saw it as a show different from Naruto and I'm happy their aren't really any pairing wars but I wish people would just watch the show and forget about pairings cuz love just makes stuff boring.

But I do like GinHiji so I am a hypocrite but they had more moments than any woman with Gintoki. And they look terrific together. White with Black, Tsundere with a Sadist...I like it lol.
13939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Brisbane, The Lan...
Online
Posted 3/31/13
I'd be too afraid that romance would throw GIntama's balance to become a genuine proponent but in the spirit of pure fantasy, it'd be Tsukuyo naturally.

Obviously on a STRICTLY (looking at you spectrumatic) platonic level, Kagara and Gin however make the best pair; so very in-sync as a comedy duo and de-facto father/daughter. I hope Sorachi capitalises on that again in the near (or possibly unforeseeable) future.
6017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Trinidad
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 10/31/13
firstly...Otae has been there since the beginning of the anime.She has a very important role to play.Otae is the only female that knows Gintoki better than himself.She is also part of the Yoruzuya family..Gintoki has stressed to Kagura's dad that all a man needs is a family.Gintoki loves sweets and jump just like Otae.They even drink together on more than one ocassion.And he is not afraid to be alone with her.Gintoki blatantly ignored her while he was busy watching the other females boobs in the pool episode....this is a vital anime sign of his naivety towards her .Otae is always around but Tsukyo is just around when he needs help.Alot of shippers prefer Tsukki cause she is strong and has a powerful character but so does Otae!She is an ideal woman and Gintoki has on many occasions went to rescue her....whereas with Tsukyo it was his past relationship with his master that pushed him to the point of contempt fo Jaraia.Which Tsukki learned about in the Courtesean arc.It is in plain sight of Sorachi's intentions for these two(gin and otae).Tsukki is just a sideline .Tsukki has no solid sustinance in thie anime because she is only around when the chips are tough.....even though Gintoki does not need any help.Otae is always around and has more screen time and more.......strong dialogue and ideals as a woman.She can also hold her liqour unlike Tsukki .Otae can't cook but Gintoki can and he loves cooking for his family (kagura and pat-san),so thats not a strong enough argument.She knows his moods and he knows hers and this was proven on many ocassions.There have never been any romantic scenes between gin ans tsukki ...shippers just see the heat in the over hyped arcs she has been in..........arcs which I still loved and enjoyed.The romantic music thats has been played .the thoughts of her tears that he has seen .The anger and rage in trying to help her first love .....................Otae is the only one that keeps Gin in check other than Otose.She does love him but wants him to set a example for the two kids.The fact that kondo and sachan and tsukki's onesided love is that it keeps the show going and plus he hates the drunk terminator .I would!!!!! Gintoki loves helping people but shippers are to crazy looking at the fact that she has had more serious arcs than her.So what who cares......even enmi who is gin in the future told the past gin.............that he is taking what he loves the most and the scene shifted to otae in the hospital.So even Gintoki himself admitted to himself that he loves Otae and thats thats cause Sorachi made this movie not the normal animators. GINTOKI AND OTAE FOREVER.........................TSUKKI IS JUST HIE GOOD FRIEND LIKE ALL THE OTHER GIRLS WHO HE JUST LOVES TO HELP.Gintoki is always with Otae in alot of episodes so all those GINTSUKKI shippers eat my shorts!!!!!
481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Tsukuyo

Otae is the secondary choice

Sacchan is pretty much a no by the way Gintoki treats her.

Kagura... Gintoki and her have a father-daughter relationship

Kyubei is a no. There's not enough character development between the two. Also, throughout the series, Kyubei's been looking for kintama in order to marry Otae.
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/13

melbug wrote:

firstly...Otae has been there since the beginning of the anime.She has a very important role to play.Otae is the only female that knows Gintoki better than himself.She is also part of the Yoruzuya family..Gintoki has stressed to Kagura's dad that all a man needs is a family.Gintoki loves sweets and jump just like Otae.They even drink together on more than one ocassion.And he is not afraid to be alone with her.Gintoki blatantly ignored her while he was busy watching the other females boobs in the pool episode....this is a vital anime sign of his naivety towards her .Otae is always around but Tsukyo is just around when he needs help.Alot of shippers prefer Tsukki cause she is strong and has a powerful character but so does Otae!She is an ideal woman and Gintoki has on many occasions went to rescue her....whereas with Tsukyo it was his past relationship with his master that pushed him to the point of contempt fo Jaraia.Which Tsukki learned about in the Courtesean arc.It is in plain sight of Sorachi's intentions for these two(gin and otae).Tsukki is just a sideline .Tsukki has no solid sustinance in thie anime because she is only around when the chips are tough.....even though Gintoki does not need any help.Otae is always around and has more screen time and more.......strong dialogue and ideals as a woman.She can also hold her liqour unlike Tsukki .Otae can't cook but Gintoki can and he loves cooking for his family (kagura and pat-san),so thats not a strong enough argument.She knows his moods and he knows hers and this was proven on many ocassions.There have never been any romantic scenes between gin ans tsukki ...shippers just see the heat in the over hyped arcs she has been in..........arcs which I still loved and enjoyed.The romantic music thats has been played .the thoughts of her tears that he has seen .The anger and rage in trying to help her first love .....................Otae is the only one that keeps Gin in check other than Otose.She does love him but wants him to set a example for the two kids.The fact that kondo and sachan and tsukki's onesided love is that it keeps the show going and plus he hates the drunk terminator .I would!!!!! Gintoki loves helping people but shippers are to crazy looking at the fact that she has had more serious arcs than her.So what who cares......even enmi who is gin in the future told the past gin.............that he is taking what he loves the most and the scene shifted to otae in the hospital.So even Gintoki himself admitted to himself that he loves Otae and thats thats cause Sorachi made this movie not the normal animators. GINTOKI AND OTAE FOREVER.........................TSUKKI IS JUST HIE GOOD FRIEND LIKE ALL THE OTHER GIRLS WHO HE JUST LOVES TO HELP.Gintoki is always with Otae in alot of episodes so all those GINTSUKKI shippers eat my shorts!!!!!


Sorry, but I have to disagree, Otae IS important for gintoki, but so are Tsukuyo and everyone else. Heck, he even saved Sacchan in the kintama arc. And just like Kagura Otae is part of Gintoki's family, sorry, i just don't see them in a romantical light. And that Gintoki is naive around her is NO good sign for the pairing, seeing as he either doesn't care about her that way or is simply oblivious, and besides, i don't think Otae likes Gintoki either, the only time she blushed or anything was when he lost his memories, and during that time he wasn't himself....If you remember the beam saber arc, Obi at first thought that Gintoki was Otae's boyfriend, and in response she stabbed him and was annoyed because of him spouting nonsense, but didn't blush nor was nervous, however then Shinpachi wanted to say Obi was Otae's first love, so she stabbed him too, but this time she blushed, meaning what Shinpachi wanted to say was true, herewith showing that Otae doesn't think of Gintoki that way, seeing as her reaction was way different. And about Tsukuyo,i don't know if you read the manga, but she slowly gets more and more screen time, and not only in serious arcs, Gintoki even called her mom once when they taught seita about japanese history, it was lovely how they looked like a mom and dad with their child. And during the love choriss arc Gintoki's pinko became a tsundere , meaning Gintoki likes tsunderes, and the only tsundere in gintama is Tsukuyo^^.And Tsukuyo is the one who knows the most about Gintoki's past, which causes a deep bond between them. And sorry but you just can't say it's sorachi's intentions to pair those two up, that is simply wishful thinking, I've heard on some other manga sites that sorachi himself stated in an interview that he himself pairs Gintoki with Tsukuyo, although he ultimately leaves romance up to the viewers and their preferences. And don't argue with the anime, the anime is the work of the animators, they add some things here and there. And the drunk Tsukuyo, it's simply a gag, please don't take it seriously. And honestly, there are NO romantic interactions between Gintoki and Tsukuyo? Are you sure we're talking about gintama, since the pairing was obviously teased a dozen of times, if you say there were no romantic interactions between them I can also say the same about Otae and Gintoki, don't just say something because the Gin/Tsukki pairing pisses you off, it is possible, and so is Gin/Tae. To be honest, until the red spider arc i shipped Gin/Tae, but that arc immediately changed my mind, and also the ikkoku keisei arc teased Gin/Tsukki immensely. And also, as of now i prefer Otae with Kondo, Kyuubei (come on, they would be a lovely pairing) or Hijikata, as there also were a few hints at Hiji/Tae. And about the movie and enmi : He was NOT talking about Otae, the thing Gintoki loves the most as of now is the yorozuya and all his friends, don't tell me you seriously believe sorachi would make Gintoki's romance so obvious?????? If Gintoki DOES end up with someone (there is still the possibility about being alone), it will be shown in the end, this series never focused on romance and never will, sorry if it is rude but that scene in the movie was just you misinterpreting things,the final pairing would NEVER be decided in a movie, in a movie there are always ship teases but no real confession or anything (and please don't get angry at me for this, if you are a gintama fan you should know yourself that the main char admitting his love in a movie is simply impossible) i don't mind you shipping Gin/Tae, it is your opinion, but your comment is somewhat offending to Gin/Tsukki shippers, and since no one of us can truly know how it will end, don't offend others by saying you're in the right ,and Gin/Tsukki shippers should "eat your shorts". I for myself love Gin/Tsukki and hope for it to happen,Tsukki is obviously in love with Gintoki, about Gintoki we can't say for sure who he likes (i don't think gintoki's love for ketsuno is serious), there are moments with possible affection towards Tsukki, but he's hard to read nontheless.Still, i won't say it's the only possibility, one simply CAN'T know that for sure, i even somewhat like Gintoki with Kyubei, even though that's next to impossible to happen.
Well, maybe sorachi decides to make a harem for Gintoki, that way everyone should be happy xD
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/13

LyricallyCynical wrote:


Spectrumatic wrote:

I love Gintoki and Kagura together, because it's just...adorable. I know you guys see the father and daughter relationship but it's kinda more than that. Know how Gintoki has a crush on Ketsuno Ana? Well Kagura picks on his crush and it looks like a sign of jealousy. I mean, if people like Amu and Ikuto, wouldn't this pairing have a go? And Gintoki ignores most of the girls that fawns over him. What makes it more interesting, is that they make the cutest and best comedy duo. I just support Gintoki and Kagura, er, ship them. I don't care about the age difference, why does a lot of people pick on that? I mean every couple has their flaws. I watched twice already and there is a lot of moments where Gintoki and Kagura had together. Plus, her bloodline, the yato clan, he can help her. When she was almost going to fall onto the mother and child, Gin was the one and only to save her. He even put up for Sadaharu just to make Kagura happy. There IS some moments where you go,"Aww.." I don't see any father and daughter relationships at all. It's just the beginning of the new way of love, how you feel more than family.


He put up with a dog and supported her. That's a father like thing to do. My dad doesn't like some stuff I do or have but he puts up with it just for me. Seriously, Kagura x Gintoki won't happen. If you ask me, its just disgusting. Kids should be with kids and adults with adults. If she was at least 16, I'd THINK about it but their relationship is definitely family wise. There was this part where it was cherry blossom viewing or whatever and Gintoki and Hijikata were saying how "My Sougo/Kagura's better". That's what parents do. "My daughter can do this way better than yours." Their proud. If Gintoki x Kagura becomes canon, Sougo x Hijikata would be too even though that couple is different from Gintoki x Kagura by a mile stone. they just had that one familiar moments with proud papas showing off their kids.

Anyway, regarding this forum, I say Gintoki x Hijikata. Seriously, these women aren't good enough for Gintoki. I hate how in animes, the females are annoying as fuck. Just suck it up and admit your feelings. Mitsuba was the only woman I really liked to be honest and Otose but she's too old. But I picked Kyuubei because I rather see her with Gintoki than any other woman in the show with Gintoki (except Ketsuno Ana. He actually likes her).

I think Gintoki has some feelings for Otae and Tsukuyo but they throw him off when they act the way they do. I agree with a previous post saying if there was a woman who acted like Kagura, I'd pair him up with her because Kagura's character has to be the best in the show for females.

Since its shounen, we most likely won't ever get to see who he ends up with but I'm fine with that. When you add romance in Shonen animes (Naruto, Bleach, etc), things just go haywire. I started watching GinTama because I saw it as a show different from Naruto and I'm happy their aren't really any pairing wars but I wish people would just watch the show and forget about pairings cuz love just makes stuff boring.

But I do like GinHiji so I am a hypocrite but they had more moments than any woman with Gintoki. And they look terrific together. White with Black, Tsundere with a Sadist...I like it lol.

Hmm, well, sory but I'm not into yaoi xD But i have to agree that they are a terrific team, but in terms of romance i see Hijikata with Otae :P
But i don't understand why the girls wouldn't deserve Gintoki? They all have great character traits.. to me at least^^ And about Gintoki's feelings, they are still uncertain, but since i believe that Otae is part of his family together with Shinpachi and Kagura, i think Gin/Tsukuyo is the most probable, i understand if you don't like the drunk Tsukuyo, but in the serious arcs they are always shown being protective over each other.They have a good chemistry and are just adorable. But well, if this manga were a yaoi manga the best couples would ether be Hijikata/Gintoki as you said, or Madao/Gintoki, those two together are simply hilarious xD

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.