Post Reply Question: Zaku as the main mec?
Posted 5/14/09 , edited 5/17/09
Zaku's have been here in almost every gundam series as long as I can remember, Yes they play a famous role in them although they're usually depicted as evil or weak. We can see some really cool improvements of Zakus in Gundam Seed (as much as I don't really like that anime).
Wouldn't it be interesting if a Zaku was a main mec in an anime???? ?_?

Edit:
When I mean depicted I am referring to people who believe Gundams can obliterate Zakus just because of how built it was.
I myself do not think Zakus are weak but it be interesting to prove that machine performance isn't the entire factor of victory, the pilot counts alot.
Lieutenant
17342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 5/14/09 , edited 5/14/09
Only 2 Gundam universes has a Zaku: Universal Century and Cosmic Era. Zakus are NOT generally weak, they are all purpose mobile suit designed to adapt to any terrain and situation. On top of that, they can be easily customize and can be equip with a variety of weapons depending the pilot's taste. One of these pilots who can pull off the full potential of this suit is Char Aznable. He only tweak his Zaku a little and the result is devastating. He sunk 5 feddie warships during the Battle of Loum and he fought the RX-78, the dreaded White Devil, in equal grounds.

EDIT: Zaku is the main mech since they are the backbone of Zeon Military force.
Ensign
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vault 15, New Cal...
Offline
Posted 5/14/09
Actually, Char's Zaku is not entirely customized. The only thing he actually tweaked in the mobile suit is the color scheme, that is, his trademark red and maroon. His machine is a limited production model numbered MS-06S, assigned to squadron commanders and ace pilots.

Now for the Zaku to be the main character mech instead of the usual Gundams, well that would be interesting. It would be great to see the protagonist Zaku pilot terrorizing Feddie tanks early on in the show, then fighting for his life later in Solomon and/or A Baoa Qu. And oh, Zakus ain't that weak. To quote Nina Purpleton, "The Zaku is an excellent machine."
Posted 5/17/09

Maou068 wrote:

Only 2 Gundam universes has a Zaku: Universal Century and Cosmic Era. Zakus are NOT generally weak, they are all purpose mobile suit designed to adapt to any terrain and situation. On top of that, they can be easily customize and can be equip with a variety of weapons depending the pilot's taste. One of these pilots who can pull off the full potential of this suit is Char Aznable. He only tweak his Zaku a little and the result is devastating. He sunk 5 feddie warships during the Battle of Loum and he fought the RX-78, the dreaded White Devil, in equal grounds.

EDIT: Zaku is the main mech since they are the backbone of Zeon Military force.


Now that I look at it Zaku's really are one of the most versatile war machines in the gundam universe. Still It's rather irritating when people spat bad words around Zakus. What I kinda sparked my intererst of having Zaku a main machine for a main character is Leo Stenbucks quote something like It's the Pilot that counts not the machine. I wonder how true that may be..
Posted 5/17/09

steiner_hardy wrote:

Actually, Char's Zaku is not entirely customized. The only thing he actually tweaked in the mobile suit is the color scheme, that is, his trademark red and maroon. His machine is a limited production model numbered MS-06S, assigned to squadron commanders and ace pilots.

Now for the Zaku to be the main character mech instead of the usual Gundams, well that would be interesting. It would be great to see the protagonist Zaku pilot terrorizing Feddie tanks early on in the show, then fighting for his life later in Solomon and/or A Baoa Qu. And oh, Zakus ain't that weak. To quote Nina Purpleton, "The Zaku is an excellent machine." :)


Yeah I can see Zaku's with alot of potentiol but it's just a moment of weakness coming from a bunch of gundam fans saying Zakus are weaklings. Yeah I was interested in having a Zaku as Main Character Machine from Leo Stenbuck's quote about it's the Pilot that counts not the machine.
Ensign
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vault 15, New Cal...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09

Sol_IzanagiRiot-One wrote:
Yeah I can see Zaku's with alot of potentiol but it's just a moment of weakness coming from a bunch of gundam fans saying Zakus are weaklings. Yeah I was interested in having a Zaku as Main Character Machine from Leo Stenbuck's quote about it's the Pilot that counts not the machine.


It did happpen in 0080 actually. Bernie, one of the main characters, is a Zeon Zaku pilot. It was an FZ-type though, and not the usual F- and J-types we've seen in the original series and later One Year War retreads.

Posted 5/19/09
Zakus first started weak. But when the Zaku III came, it was good cuz it had beam weapons.
Posted 5/19/09

steiner_hardy wrote:


Sol_IzanagiRiot-One wrote:
Yeah I can see Zaku's with alot of potentiol but it's just a moment of weakness coming from a bunch of gundam fans saying Zakus are weaklings. Yeah I was interested in having a Zaku as Main Character Machine from Leo Stenbuck's quote about it's the Pilot that counts not the machine.


It did happpen in 0080 actually. Bernie, one of the main characters, is a Zeon Zaku pilot. It was an FZ-type though, and not the usual F- and J-types we've seen in the original series and later One Year War retreads.



Now thats impressive. Alright I guess I can stick with this for awhile since I'm happy seeing Zakus in their prime but I look foward in having one with a zaku as a main mech.
Ensign
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vault 15, New Cal...
Offline
Posted 5/19/09
And oh, to add something: CE ZAKUs are actually redesigned Leos. That's why GINNs kick ass better than they.
Lieutenant
17342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 10/23/09
How is it possible that a CE's zaku is a redesigned Leos from AC?



As you can see that the MS-06 Zaku II and the ZGMF-1000 Zaku has a common design feature compared to this:

51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 10/27/09

Maou068 wrote:

Only 2 Gundam universes has a Zaku: Universal Century and Cosmic Era. Zakus are NOT generally weak, they are all purpose mobile suit designed to adapt to any terrain and situation. On top of that, they can be easily customize and can be equip with a variety of weapons depending the pilot's taste. One of these pilots who can pull off the full potential of this suit is Char Aznable. He only tweak his Zaku a little and the result is devastating. He sunk 5 feddie warships during the Battle of Loum and he fought the RX-78, the dreaded White Devil, in equal grounds.

EDIT: Zaku is the main mech since they are the backbone of Zeon Military force.


Frankly, Turn A also had the Zaku; only it had a different alias: Borjarnon
Lieutenant
17342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 10/29/09
Ah, yes. I forgot that the Earth Militia dug out a couple of Zaku II and a Zaku I.
Ensign
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 12/18/09
Personally, I like the Zaku Warriors and Phantoms from SEED better than the UC Zakus because they look way more cool to me.
You must be logged in to post.