First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Should Humans Drink Animal's Milk?
Posted 5/15/09
dont we drink milk from animals ?
this is a werid topic lmfao
138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/15/09
Your friend is a retard. Milk gives you Calcium. Ignore your friend -- she'll have osteoporosis later.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/15/09
Your friend have a point. A cow's milk is meant for her calf/ves same with other animals and humans. The nutritional content of a particular milk must then be appropriate for one's specie. I'll try to google this one.
Posted 5/15/09

SuperSailorV wrote:

Your friend is a retard. Milk gives you Calcium. Ignore your friend -- she'll have osteoporosis later.


Wrong. To be more adequate - you are the retard here for flaunting your ignorance.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/15/09 , edited 5/15/09

kitoka wrote:

Your friend have a point. A cow's milk is meant for her calf/ves same with other animals and humans. The nutritional content of a particular milk must then be appropriate for one's specie. I'll try to google this one.


I can't put human milk in my coffee. It tastes horrible in coffee.

Also mankind has used milk since 8000 B.C. and jet there is no population documented that died because of the use of animal milk.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/15/09

Sunnyxx wrote:

But what am i supposed to put in my cereal!? D:<


cum
Posted 5/15/09 , edited 5/15/09
Anyway since little people would tell us that cow milk helps us and our bones to grow big and strong and all the other gibberish. No wonder, the nutritional pyramid has always a section where dairy products are being represented as one of our important part of our diet. We all need milk. Milk is healthy. Milk is presumably full of calcium and other important minerals hence should make us grow strong and big and thus an absolutely significant factor when it comes to our health. Probably. Maybe. Could be. Wait...really? Then why is there, funnily, lately this trend where quite a few doctors have been saying that dairy consumption is a contributing factor in nearly two dozen diseases of children and adults. They blame cow milk of being one of the causes that leads to iron deficiency anemia, allergies, diarrhea, heart disease, colic, cramps, gastrointestinal bleeding, sinusitis, skin rashes, acne, increased frequency of colds and flus, arthritis, diabetes, ear infections, osteoporosis, asthma, autoimmune diseases, multiple sclerosis, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, etc.
NOW, isn't that interesting? Looks like this famous stereotype about our powerful, allmighty, healthy...PERFECT cow milk is simply just half true. Do we really need milk to be healthy? Really? Hmmm...

On the premise that dairy products help us to stay healthy we invest quite a lot into them.
And that despite that there's a lot of evidence proving that milk products are harmful to many people from child to adult - chronic fatigue, arhtritis, headaches, obesity, allergies, heart-problems and what not.

In our head there's this little stereotype remaining - milk - good - human breast milk good thus animal milk is surely just as good and a good alternative.
Problem is that we can't compare...cows' milk with human breast milk. During infancy all mammals(I think) are being nourished by milk from their mother. Now this is perfectly normal. During infancy. Consuming the milk provided by your parent's milk-producing milk glands located in her breasts. Yes, this is perfectly normal and naturally the most natural thing on Earth and it definitely does boost up your immune system and provides your little body with the needed nutrition to help your physical development. This is perfectly normal. But now...would you feed your infant with...cows' milk? Would this have a positive effect such as human breast milk on the infant? I doubt it.

If you want calcium then the best thing would be...drinking some milk or feeding on some yoghurt, right? No. You're better off with nomming on some fresh green vegetables.

Another interesting thing might be when you look at nature. Do you see any adult animals feeding on some other animal's milk? No. When they're born and incapable of consuming solid food then yes, but once their teeth start to grow they switch over to solid food and shortly after they will just eat solid food and water. No milk. Only human beings keep on feeding on dairy products once grown-up. Now..is that natural? I doubt it.

Aaanyway, I wouldn't say that milk is bad as in really bad as long as you don't overdo it. A cup of cereal bowls with cow milk a day won't make you unhealthy. Just be sure that you get calcium and all those important minerals from other sources than dairy products such as previously mentioned, green vegetables. : )

Other than that I have seen quite a few studies on how goats' milk is better for our health than cows' milk and I presume those studies hold some truth to them.

Some comparative studies have been undertaken on the properties of goats' milk compared to those of cows' milk - and it turned out as following:

Goats milk - could help prevent diseases such as anaemia and bone demineralisation. It was also found that it helps with the digestive and metabolic utilisation of minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
It turned out that goats' milk is more beneficial for our health than cows' milk.

Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070730100229.htm

Certainly the conclusion of these studies is that some kind of milk is better than others when it comes to our health.
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 5/15/09


Rofl.
"Who came in my coco pops!?"
That would make breakfast.... interesting.
Posted 5/15/09

Sunnyxx wrote:

"Who came in my coco pops!?"


lmao! i can't picture that on a commercial for kids o_o;
Posted 5/15/09
^ lol now THAT would be quite an interesting subject to talk about.
Posted 5/15/09
^ there will be so many lawsuits lol
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/15/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

On the premise that dairy products help us to stay healthy we invest quite a lot into them.
And that despite that there's a lot of evidence proving that milk products are harmful to many people from child to adult - chronic fatigue, arhtritis, headaches, obesity, allergies, heart-problems and what not.


If you can't get a hold of yourself that's bound to happen with everything you eat.


ShroomInferno wrote:

In our head there's this little stereotype remaining - milk - good - human breast milk good thus animal milk is surely just as good and a good alternative.
Problem is that we can't compare...cows' milk with human breast milk. During infancy all mammals(I think) are being nourished by milk from their mother. Now this is perfectly normal. During infancy. Consuming the milk provided by your parent's milk-producing milk glands located in her breasts. Yes, this is perfectly normal and naturally the most natural thing on Earth and it definitely does boost up your immune system and provides your little body with the needed nutrition to help your physical development. This is perfectly normal. But now...would you feed your infant with...cows' milk? Would this have a positive effect such as human breast milk on the infant? I doubt it.


What is there, adults, youths or growing children have for meals, that you would give a baby?


ShroomInferno wrote:

Another interesting thing might be when you look at nature. Do you see any adult animals feeding on some other animal's milk? No.


Yes, since animals tend to develop sharp teeth. Even human females can bite if you try to get their milk.


ShroomInferno wrote:

When they're born and incapable of consuming solid food then yes, but once their teeth start to grow they switch over to solid food and shortly after they will just eat solid food and water. No milk. Only human beings keep on feeding on dairy products once grown-up. Now..is that natural? I doubt it.


Is the internet natural? Penecilin? Social Healthcare? Planes? You being able to reach an age of over 70 years?

Yes!! It is all natural cause mankind is part of nature, no matter what we do.

Also you should know that there are several species of ants who cultivate other insects and plants in a kind that isn't very different from our cattle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ants#Food_cultivation

There is literally nothing we could do which wouldn't be perfectly natural for a species of our evolutionary stage.


ShroomInferno wrote:

Aaanyway, I wouldn't say that milk is bad as in really bad as long as you don't overdo it. A cup of cereal bowls with cow milk a day won't make you unhealthy. Just be sure that you get calcium and all those important minerals from other sources than dairy products such as previously mentioned, green vegetables. : )


OK, pops!

I'llnever forsake the benefits of the culture that has led mankind to the state it is today. I'll eat my meat with a good sauce compound out of milk products and I'll never stop eating pork for some stupid religious reasons or other stupid believes.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 5/15/09
My mother who is a biological doctor, with focus in bacteria has stated that milk isn't as healthy as people would like to believe.


It was meant for calves, not human adults.

Drinking milk increases the amount you gas, it makes your stomach unwell and have plenty of side effects. You can get all the nutrition that is in milk, from other sources perfectly fine.


As stated by ShroomInferno, nothing wrong with a bowl of cereals. But, milk isn't something you should drink a lot of.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/15/09
I was somehow reacting on this "natural" crap.

Idon't consume milkproducts ever except in my coffee or as part of a sauce. Pure milk is just disgusting.
Posted 5/15/09

sindba-d wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

On the premise that dairy products help us to stay healthy we invest quite a lot into them.
And that despite that there's a lot of evidence proving that milk products are harmful to many people from child to adult - chronic fatigue, arhtritis, headaches, obesity, allergies, heart-problems and what not.


If you can't get a hold of yourself that's bound to happen with everything you eat.


True that, but I think I might have already touched this somewhere in my post.



ShroomInferno wrote:

In our head there's this little stereotype remaining - milk - good - human breast milk good thus animal milk is surely just as good and a good alternative.
Problem is that we can't compare...cows' milk with human breast milk. During infancy all mammals(I think) are being nourished by milk from their mother. Now this is perfectly normal. During infancy. Consuming the milk provided by your parent's milk-producing milk glands located in her breasts. Yes, this is perfectly normal and naturally the most natural thing on Earth and it definitely does boost up your immune system and provides your little body with the needed nutrition to help your physical development. This is perfectly normal. But now...would you feed your infant with...cows' milk? Would this have a positive effect such as human breast milk on the infant? I doubt it.


What is there, adults, youths or growing children have for meals, that you would give a baby?

I have no idea how this question of yours is related to what I said.
But to answer your question, generally depending on the age of the baby I believe that a baby can feed on the same things as us adults once its gastrological system is used to being used as in being able to work without outer stimulation which babies are in need of in their first year of life. And the fact that their teeth have yet to grow limits their food intake to just liquid nutrition. I presume that the mother's milk is the best way to get the newborn's stomach accustomed to this new world and way of taking in nutrients plus as already mentioned this milk is one of the important factors that actually boosts up the baby's immune system. Once its stomach is accustomed to this new way of life it may feed on probably anything that we do with caution though.



ShroomInferno wrote:

Another interesting thing might be when you look at nature. Do you see any adult animals feeding on some other animal's milk? No.


Yes, since animals tend to develop sharp teeth. Even human females can bite if you try to get their milk.

Haha? Missing my point on purpose? Have been quoted by a few as of late who either feign ignorance or just ...well w/e



ShroomInferno wrote:

When they're born and incapable of consuming solid food then yes, but once their teeth start to grow they switch over to solid food and shortly after they will just eat solid food and water. No milk. Only human beings keep on feeding on dairy products once grown-up. Now..is that natural? I doubt it.


Is the internet natural? Penecilin? Social Healthcare? Planes? You being able to reach an age of over 70 years?

Yes!! It is all natural cause mankind is part of nature, no matter what we do.

Also you should know that there are several species of ants who cultivate other insects and plants in a kind that isn't very different from our cattle.

Ah, looks like with this it's been confirmed that you just don't get my points. Whether on purpose or not. No need for me to bother any further.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ants#Food_cultivation

There is literally nothing we could do which wouldn't be perfectly natural for a species of our evolutionary stage.

Ah, looks like with this it's been confirmed that you just don't get my points. Whether on purpose or not. No need for me to bother any further.


ShroomInferno wrote:

Aaanyway, I wouldn't say that milk is bad as in really bad as long as you don't overdo it. A cup of cereal bowls with cow milk a day won't make you unhealthy. Just be sure that you get calcium and all those important minerals from other sources than dairy products such as previously mentioned, green vegetables. : )


OK, pops!

I'llnever forsake the benefits of the culture that has led mankind to the state it is today. I'll eat my meat with a good sauce compound out of milk products and I'll never stop eating pork for some stupid religious reasons or other stupid believes.


Good for you, weirdo.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.