First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Say hello to my little religion!
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09

mystic17 wrote:

im going by the rules...there has to be more to discuss besides this.


you can discuss his little religion or anybody else's religion....be creative!
242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
place where I wan...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
thanks for the info
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09
Whew this is a TLDR but when I get home I will read it all seems like it will answer a lot of my questions. I never had a problem with Christianity at all nor did I ever think ill of it. I believe there are those who follow religions in the correct way and those who follow it incorrectly. This goes for all religions. My main question though and I dont mean to sound offensive is Jesus in Christianity. Now according to Islam he is a prophet of God but his role in Christianity is different and I havent gotten my thumb on it yet. Do Christians believe he is 100% God himself? I heard this from another forum some Christians debating that. Many of my Christian prays they pray in the name of Jesus and I always questioned why is this because wasnt his whole purpose was for you to pray in the name of God? Some even say thank our Lord Jesus Christ. The other question I have is when you say God, The Son, and the holy ghost (please correct me if I am wrong). This represents a trinity so is this to say God is made up of all three of these beings? I have more questions but I will see the response to this one hopefully I didnt sound offensive as I dont know anything about Christianity at all.

Edit: Pretty impressive to come up with that article by yourself.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09

drizza wrote:

Whew this is a TLDR but when I get home I will read it all seems like it will answer a lot of my questions. I never had a problem with Christianity at all nor did I ever think ill of it. I believe there are those who follow religions in the correct way and those who follow it incorrectly. This goes for all religions. My main question though and I dont mean to sound offensive is Jesus in Christianity. Now according to Islam he is a prophet of God but his role in Christianity is different and I havent gotten my thumb on it yet. Do Christians believe he is 100% God himself? I heard this from another forum some Christians debating that. Many of my Christian prays they pray in the name of Jesus and I always questioned why is this because wasnt his whole purpose was for you to pray in the name of God? Some even say thank our Lord Jesus Christ. The other question I have is when you say God, The Son, and the holy ghost (please correct me if I am wrong). This represents a trinity so is this to say God is made up of all three of these beings? I have more questions but I will see the response to this one hopefully I didnt sound offensive as I dont know anything about Christianity at all.

Edit: Pretty impressive to come up with that article by yourself.


Those are very good questions, and my Muslim friends ask them quite often. Most Christians do not believe that God is one in three. Consider it like this. Allah can do anything, right? So, if he can do anything then he can be three and at the same time one. This may seem logically paradoxical, but Christianity at its core is in fact a mysticism.

There’s also the concept of personification. Allah isn’t the name of the Islamic God. It’s a title that personifies him as The One True God. He has a total of 99 titles each personifying him in a different light based on a different attribute of his being. God, the Christian God, is personified in three forms which are all characteristics of himself.

In the end, yes, we do think that Christ is divine. We do not believe that God is one of three. It would be more accurate to say that God is three in one.

As far as the article, I think I posted this over a year ago and it's really not that great looking back. Like I said at the start, not my best work. Sorry it's so long, in the religion group (which you're actually a member of, lol) it's actually several posts. I was just too lazy to segment it. I've also got one on Islam, and some other religions.
Posted 5/18/09
Hello, seraphalford's little religion. I go by the username kyoukoujin of CR.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

mystic17 wrote:

what does that mean? =T


TL : DR is what Retards say because they do not have the brain power to read something more than 4 words long.
Its slang for Toooo Lonnnng : Did-not Read! Because it hurts my little noobish brain!

to the people that say that in the 'ED' if you can not read the Thread owners first post then what the hell are you doing in the ED. Ed Is not for your mindless single liners and bullshit jokes.

Posted 5/18/09
umm..hello..
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

SeraphAlford wrote:



I swear you just decided to 1-up me didn't you..........
but I'm okay with this since this particular thread is more open than my particular thread. I just don't want my thread to be forgotten so I want you to also add my thread to the OP so it doesn't get forgotten. It's for those who are more curious about the differences than the origins of Christianity.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-509480/christianity-and-the-differences-within/#24882219
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
Ok thats a good answer. My other question regarding Jesus is the fact that Christians believed he died for everyones sins. I never understood this because if that were true why is it now today people are sinning more then they ever had in the past? If he died for our sins does it means I can sin as much as I want and go straight to Heaven when I die? Will there even be a purpose to teach one to be good one he knows his sins are already taken care of? How can one be responsible for someones sins. I believe I am responsible for my own and nobody can cover for it because in the long run it will come back for you.

Regarding being born in sin what does this mean as well? When a child is born he isnt sinning at all he is innocent. His mind isnt even fully developed to know what a sin is. Also that statements seems to mean like we are being born from the devil since we are bought into the earth in sin. I believe our surroundings can influence one to sin but he is pure when he comes into this world.

Lastly the bible it is a great book and I am not in the game of misquoting any holy book if I know nothing of it nor if I know how to put it into context. My question is how many different bibles are they? I know I may sound dumb but like I said I know nothing about this religion only what I see. I see a King James version etc, etc. Is there a original bible? If so why doesnt everyone read that version? Soo many versions out there how can one know which one is true if it has been changed. Other religions holy books usually comes in one version which hasnt been changed throughout history. The only change comes from the translation of a different language.

If I am wrong in any of my statements please correct me. Like I said I am not being offensive this is merely a learning process. In order to learn about something you have to approach someone who is actually that religion rather then someone who is not. Thats how I will develop false information.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

drizza wrote:

Ok thats a good answer. My other question regarding Jesus is the fact that Christians believed he died for everyones sins. I never understood this because if that were true why is it now today people are sinning more then they ever had in the past? If he died for our sins does it means I can sin as much as I want and go straight to Heaven when I die? Will there even be a purpose to teach one to be good one he knows his sins are already taken care of? How can one be responsible for someones sins. I believe I am responsible for my own and nobody can cover for it because in the long run it will come back for you.




You should send these inquiries to digs via a private message. He’ll be able to give you more revelation into Christianity than I will, though from a more conservative stance. I’m a very liberal Christian, a mystic in fact.

The Catholics believe that between death and heaven there is a place of temporary chastisement for Christians. It is called purgatory, and in purgatory Christians will be punished according to their sin. This is not a popular view outside of Catholicism, but it is one possible answer to some of your questions. Personally, I don’t believe this.

In Islam salvation is describe as a sort of moral book keeping. Those whose scales outweigh bad deeds with good deeds are saved. This is a just decision on God’s part in Islam, we’re punished if we do bad and rewarded if we do good. Christians, however, believe that God is above justice just as much as he is above injustice.

This is the ultimate form of mercy. So what you said is technically correct. You could live your whole life sinning and God would still forgive you if you simply chose to sincerely accept him and put your faith in him. Faith is the ultimate redeemer-but faith cannot be attained without love, and hope. I can tell you first hand, when you begin to live sinfully you lose faith before you even know it.

If you do not maintain a constant relationship with God, you forget him and your belief dwindles. So, while what you said is technically true, that God does not condemn you at any point in your life and that you always have a chance to turn it around by accepting him, it’s very hard for those who linger in the dark to face the light.

I also believe that there is a purgatory like state between this life and heaven. Instead of being punished, however, I believe that God will reveal himself to you. He reveal himself as the essence of goodness, truth, and love. You can choose to live with him or without him. Living without him is living without goodness and that’s what we call hell.

The bible says that all servants are judged by their master’s standards. So, if you pray five times a day, do your bows, and live according to the teachings of Islam because you want to do what’s right and you feel that’s what’s right, God will acknowledge that. You’re accepting God every time you chose to do what is Good. You’re stepping in and out of heaven. When you chose bad it’s the opposite.

In the end you will see the true nature of God, the Christian nature, and have the choice to accept it. If what you’re doing, living as a Muslim, comes from your desire to do what is right then you shouldn’t have any trouble doing that. But if you’re just living as a Muslim for earthly reasons then I don’t think that counts. I’m sorry if any of this offends you, please keep in mind I’m just discussing my personal beliefs.

God can take on our sin, and that's what he did through Jesus.

I'll get around to your other questions later. Srry I don't have more time. (and I'm feeling lazy.) But talk to Digs.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


TL : DR is what Retards say because they do not have the brain power to read something more than 4 words long.
Its slang for Toooo Lonnnng : Did-not Read! Because it hurts my little noobish brain!

to the people that say that in the 'ED' if you can not read the Thread owners first post then what the hell are you doing in the ED. Ed Is not for your mindless single liners and bullshit jokes.



16 pages is kind of a lot to dedicate to a post on an internet forum about anime...
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

SeraphAlford wrote:

The Catholics believe that between death and heaven there is a place of temporary chastisement for Christians. It is called purgatory, and in purgatory Christians will be punished according to their sin. This is not a popular view outside of Catholicism, but it is one possible answer to some of your questions. Personally, I don’t believe this.



-Regarding Purgatory, that's kinda false.
-We sin on earth but our sins are paid for, the afterlife consequences that is, by Jesus when we confess and offer them up to him. Heaven is a place for the sinless, so it's usually near impossible to go there straight from earth. That's what purgatory is for. There are some evidences in the bible where it seems to be descibing hell, but rather it turns out to be purgatory. Because our God is a loving God purgatory is a place to finish paying or confessing for our sins so we don't go to hell. It's not a pretty place but from what I've heard it's not a place of punishment, it burns but it's not a place for damnation like hell is. But as soon as all the sins are forgiven, those people go straight to heaven.
-When Jesus paid for our sins that didn't mean the world would stop sinning, it meant the world had a chance to erase those sins from their records. It's like when the police scrap your criminal records, that's how it works. And on the subject the people on earth who have the power to fogive those sins, to erase the records so to say, are those who have passed down the Holy Spirit. That is popes, bishops, cardinals, priest, and etc. The only people who recieved such powers were those in the Upper Room who recieved the Holy Spirit. They are who we get those powers from. So a local pastor from any other denomination, or no denomination, sadly can't do it the way they intend to do so unless they had apostolic succession like the Catholics or Eastern Othodox.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


TL : DR is what Retards say because they do not have the brain power to read something more than 4 words long.
Its slang for Toooo Lonnnng : Did-not Read! Because it hurts my little noobish brain!

to the people that say that in the 'ED' if you can not read the Thread owners first post then what the hell are you doing in the ED. Ed Is not for your mindless single liners and bullshit jokes.



16 pages is kind of a lot to dedicate to a post on an internet forum about anime...
So your saying us anime fans are not smart?
So I wasted my life learning about Science and stuff in College for the past 8 years! (because we all know Animeeshon fans do not need to think.) We are all Narutards! (god I hate that fad!)

But then this has nothing to do with the thread really, its more about the people that feel like posting random shit in threads because its to hard for them to read it, or because they think its spanking cool. Its not like this is the only thread that gets attack by those people.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/26/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

So your saying us anime fans are not smart?


LMAO.




I wrote:16 pages is kind of a lot to dedicate to a post on an internet forum about anime


11195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 5/26/09
Jesus Christ grew pot when he was a teen, and smoked it with his twelve friends later on in his life. He let his
hair grow long, wore sandals, and a robe; cause he was lazy as hell. Then he fucked some hoe and had a baby.
But he didn't want to be the baby's daddy, so he did some crazy shit and got killed for it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.