First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Say hello to my little religion!
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 5/30/09

JoeLovesCake wrote:

Icky. Too much reading -____-
Who seriously wants to read all that??


People who have the brain capacity to think critically, base their opinions on fact rather than misguided assumptions, understand other people's opinions and beliefs, and read more than 3 sentences without complaining that it's too long.
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


JoeLovesCake wrote:

Icky. Too much reading -____-
Who seriously wants to read all that??


People who have the brain capacity to think critically, base their opinions on fact rather than misguided assumptions, understand other people's opinions and beliefs, and read more than 3 sentences without complaining that it's too long.


That's funny, considering religion is all about the absence of fact hence faith.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

mokney wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


JoeLovesCake wrote:

Icky. Too much reading -____-
Who seriously wants to read all that??


People who have the brain capacity to think critically, base their opinions on fact rather than misguided assumptions, understand other people's opinions and beliefs, and read more than 3 sentences without complaining that it's too long.


That's funny, considering religion is all about the absence of fact hence faith.


There are still facts about the religion that a lot of people don't know about, which causes them to have misguided opinions about it and the people who follow it.
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


mokney wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


JoeLovesCake wrote:

Icky. Too much reading -____-
Who seriously wants to read all that??


People who have the brain capacity to think critically, base their opinions on fact rather than misguided assumptions, understand other people's opinions and beliefs, and read more than 3 sentences without complaining that it's too long.


That's funny, considering religion is all about the absence of fact hence faith.


There are still facts about the religion that a lot of people don't know about, which causes them to have misguided opinions about it and the people who follow it.


Meh.

Here's a fun fact. Noah's Ark is based on an old Sumerian folk tale. Only the names are different.
1844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In The Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

mokney wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


mokney wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


JoeLovesCake wrote:

Icky. Too much reading -____-
Who seriously wants to read all that??


People who have the brain capacity to think critically, base their opinions on fact rather than misguided assumptions, understand other people's opinions and beliefs, and read more than 3 sentences without complaining that it's too long.


That's funny, considering religion is all about the absence of fact hence faith.


There are still facts about the religion that a lot of people don't know about, which causes them to have misguided opinions about it and the people who follow it.


Meh.

Here's a fun fact. Noah's Ark is based on an old Sumerian folk tale. Only the names are different.


Well now we know that the authors of the bible must be sued for copyright.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

mokney wrote:
Here's a fun fact. Noah's Ark is based on an old Sumerian folk tale. Only the names are different.


Not true, there are Sumerian folk stories telling of a great flood but there’s no evidence that the story of Noah’s Ark is derived from those stories. The most extensive account of the Sumerian version is the Epic of Gilgamesh, and if you read that you’ll see there are major differences. While the Epic of Gilgamesh was recorded first, that doesn’t mean it came into being first. In the Hebrew culture stories were passed down verbally and it’s possible that the story of Noah’s ark was a verbal tradition long before the Epic of Gilgamesh came along.

Either way, even assuming Gilgamesh’s story was first, that’s a logical fallacy. A came before B therefore A caused B-that’s not necessarily true. But, many people do agree with your opinion-some scholars believe that. Not all, but some. It's a good theory, but not fact.


Interestingly enough, mathematicians have taken the measurements given for Noah’s Ark and discovered that…if you really did build a boat that massive and flood it with animals, it really would float. The Sumerian version, on the other hand, had talking scorpion dragons.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 5/31/09
You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


I guess I'll answer it. All who haven't repented of their sins before Jesus Christ will go to hell. It isn't because God doesn't love them, it is because they have refused to believe in the Name of the Messiah (Jesus) and repented of their sins. Sin is what sends us to hell and separates us from God. In the beginning there was no sin, and God walked with Adam and Eve and was in their presence because they had no sin. When Adam and Eve sinned that separated mankind from God. God cannot dwell within the presence of sin because He is Completely Holy and sin is the complete opposite of holiness. Being a good person or believing that God exists doesn't remove sin, which is why theists of any religion and "good" people go to hell. They still have sin and have not repented. So the answer to your question is yes, those who have not repented and refuse to believe on the Name of Jesus will go to hell for their sins.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/31/09 , edited 5/31/09

Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


Probably, for being non-believers or something like that, but if your not christian what does it matter ?
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


Probably, for being non-believers or something like that, but if your not christian what does it matter ?


Because there's still a possibility that hell may exist even if you're not christian. Let's say it may be nirvana in the afterlife and not heaven for all of us and since the afterlife is what really matters (like the current life is just our school days), then I would definately would like to know because I would have to adjust my life accordingly depending so that I may reach the desired location, and not shoot for something that isn't there.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

digs wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


I guess I'll answer it. All who haven't repented of their sins before Jesus Christ will go to hell. It isn't because God doesn't love them, it is because they have refused to believe in the Name of the Messiah (Jesus) and repented of their sins. Sin is what sends us to hell and separates us from God. In the beginning there was no sin, and God walked with Adam and Eve and was in their presence because they had no sin. When Adam and Eve sinned that separated mankind from God. God cannot dwell within the presence of sin because He is Completely Holy and sin is the complete opposite of holiness. Being a good person or believing that God exists doesn't remove sin, which is why theists of any religion and "good" people go to hell. They still have sin and have not repented. So the answer to your question is yes, those who have not repented and refuse to believe on the Name of Jesus will go to hell for their sins.


I see some incoherences in your statement. First you say what's in the blue which means any who is and isn't a believer that hasn't repented to Jesus. Then in the next sentence you say those who have refused to believe in Jesus and also repent to him. The incoherency is that you didn't explain why believers who didn't repent go to hell.

The second incoherency is your conclusion, the last sentence. What you built up doesn't not totally agree with the stated conclusion. You were explaining why some christians still go to hell, and your conclusion was about how all nonbelievers go to hell. The stated conclusion does not sum up what you just said previous to it.

I don't agree with all of your statement but I just wanted to point out to you some logical flaws. I know from personal experiences that "tripping" while making these statements leaves a lot of room for criticism due to the fact that such statement are considered unstable. Just warning you.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

crunchypibb wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


Probably, for being non-believers or something like that, but if your not christian what does it matter ?


Because there's still a possibility that hell may exist even if you're not christian. Let's say it may be nirvana in the afterlife and not heaven for all of us and since the afterlife is what really matters (like the current life is just our school days), then I would definately would like to know because I would have to adjust my life accordingly depending so that I may reach the desired location, and not shoot for something that isn't there.


Fair logic, but that could also be said about any religion not just christanity. I mean for all we know hinduism could be the one true religion and since neither of us are hindu we both get screwed when we die. There is just no way of knowing. But you can always assume that there is nothing after death, when you die that's it, your consciousness is no longer being generated by your brain, since it has stopped functioning, and you simply die. that's the most logical conclusion to make, based on the evidence we have about death, also since we have no evidence to support an afterlife. Guess we find out when we die, or not.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

Allhailodin wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


Probably, for being non-believers or something like that, but if your not christian what does it matter ?


Because there's still a possibility that hell may exist even if you're not christian. Let's say it may be nirvana in the afterlife and not heaven for all of us and since the afterlife is what really matters (like the current life is just our school days), then I would definately would like to know because I would have to adjust my life accordingly depending so that I may reach the desired location, and not shoot for something that isn't there.


Fair logic, but that could also be said about any religion not just christanity. I mean for all we know hinduism could be the one true religion and since neither of us are hindu we both get screwed when we die. There is just no way of knowing. But you can always assume that there is nothing after death, when you die that's it, your consciousness is no longer being generated by your brain, since it has stopped functioning, and you simply die. that's the most logical conclusion to make, based on the evidence we have about death, also since we have no evidence to support an afterlife. Guess we find out when we die, or not.


Scientifically that's correct but like I stated before when I was comparing religion and science, science cannot answer afterlife but rather just the physical properties of death. And technically hinduism believes in reincarnation so we don't get screwed as far as death goes since we'll be new again in the next life. But we can get screwed if we had bad karma in the previous life.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/31/09 , edited 5/31/09

crunchypibb wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


Probably, for being non-believers or something like that, but if your not christian what does it matter ?


Because there's still a possibility that hell may exist even if you're not christian. Let's say it may be nirvana in the afterlife and not heaven for all of us and since the afterlife is what really matters (like the current life is just our school days), then I would definately would like to know because I would have to adjust my life accordingly depending so that I may reach the desired location, and not shoot for something that isn't there.


Fair logic, but that could also be said about any religion not just christanity. I mean for all we know hinduism could be the one true religion and since neither of us are hindu we both get screwed when we die. There is just no way of knowing. But you can always assume that there is nothing after death, when you die that's it, your consciousness is no longer being generated by your brain, since it has stopped functioning, and you simply die. that's the most logical conclusion to make, based on the evidence we have about death, also since we have no evidence to support an afterlife. Guess we find out when we die, or not.


Scientifically that's correct but like I stated before when I was comparing religion and science, science cannot answer afterlife but rather just the physical properties of death. And technically hinduism believes in reincarnation so we don't get screwed as far as death goes since we'll be new again in the next life. But we can get screwed if we had bad karma in the previous life.


Yeah, but how do we know that there is an afterlife ? We have no way of knowing if there is or isn't, so its safe to assume there isn't. Your assuming there is an afterlife, but based on what ? There is no evidence to support there being an afterlife, nothing, so whats the point in assuming there is one ?
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 5/31/09

digs wrote:


Yei wrote:

You didn't answer my question yet. Does anyone who isn't Christian go to hell?


I guess I'll answer it. All who haven't repented of their sins before Jesus Christ will go to hell. It isn't because God doesn't love them, it is because they have refused to believe in the Name of the Messiah (Jesus) and repented of their sins. Sin is what sends us to hell and separates us from God. In the beginning there was no sin, and God walked with Adam and Eve and was in their presence because they had no sin. When Adam and Eve sinned that separated mankind from God. God cannot dwell within the presence of sin because He is Completely Holy and sin is the complete opposite of holiness. Being a good person or believing that God exists doesn't remove sin, which is why theists of any religion and "good" people go to hell. They still have sin and have not repented. So the answer to your question is yes, those who have not repented and refuse to believe on the Name of Jesus will go to hell for their sins.


So Gandhi's going to hell? And Malcolm X too? And what about Jews? They all go to hell?? Well that's too bad for the ones who died in the Holocaust, they get a horrible life and afterlife. And all because they weren't lucky enough to be born in a Christian family =(
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.