First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What happend to Kenny Glenn?
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/27/09
I'm sure some of you heard the story about Dusty the cat a few months ago.

But I'm wondering. What the hell happend to Kenny Glenn after that?
I heard somewhere that he got a $500 fine. But I have no reliable sources.

Anyone know something and have source?

For discussion:
What do you think of this case?
or animal abusers in general?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't know what I'm talking about heres the story in short from wiki:


In mid-February 2009, two videos featuring the physical abuse of a domestic cat named Dusty by a person calling himself "Timmy" were posted on YouTube. The 4chan community, outraged by the abuse, was able to track down the originator of the videos, a fourteen-year-old from Oklahoma, and passed his details to his local police department. As a result of this, a suspect was arrested and the cat was treated by a vet and taken to a safe place.


One of the few good things 4chan (which has cats as it's only weakness) has done imo.

Some articles about it:

http://www.inquisitr.com/18170/4chan-b-goes-after-cat-abusers-wins/
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=77098
http://www.javno.com/en-lifestyle/when-surfers-unite-against-a-kitten-abuser_234978
http://www.wowowow.com/post/dusty-the-cat-gets-saved-youtube-video-209898
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4678878/YouTube-cat-torturer-traced-by-web-detectives.html



Pics:


12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09
If you wanna abuse a cat, do it in China.

I personally have no feelings for animals. I think its stupid to stand up for them.
Just because these animals are treated as domestic pets and you have daily interaction with them, you're horrified by cruelty done to them.
Animals will be animals, their rights are no rights.

Animal related threads
Animal cruelty in the slaughter house/farms?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-380012/animal-cruelty-in-the-slaughter-housefarms/

Animal Equality
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-62664/animal-equality/

Animal Protection
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-4737/animal-protection/

Animal Experimentation
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-3076/animal-experimentation/

animal abuse is not ART!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-168655/animal-abuse-is-not-art/
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
his in hiding cauz when he shows his face...his gonna get his ass whooped..over and over again
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Just because these animals are treated as domestic pets and you have daily interaction with them, you're horrified by cruelty done to them.


well ofc. People feel closer to such animals.
Or maybe they just think of other animals more as food.

But still, abusing a deer is pretty much the same as abusing a cat. Maybe more difficult though






fantazi wrote:

his in hiding cauz when he shows his face...his gonna get his ass whooped..over and over again


hehe yeah that may be so
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09

Hedbrant wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Just because these animals are treated as domestic pets and you have daily interaction with them, you're horrified by cruelty done to them.


well ofc. People feel closer to such animals.
Or maybe they just think of other animals more as food.

But still, abusing a deer is pretty much the same as abusing a cat. Maybe more difficult though



Because you feel closer to the animal, you're offended by what the boy did because you care for the animal, because you have a relationship with it. But does it harm anyone? That means its personal, but the law isn't personal. If you're talking about treating animals in another manner for food, then what's the difference between killing it and torturing it? Is killing more acceptable than torturing?
Your personal feelings are for yours to deal with, they should not affect others.

These are my thoughts, I'm not forcing them down anybody's throat. If you feel offended, well I don't give a damn.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Just because these animals are treated as domestic pets and you have daily interaction with them, you're horrified by cruelty done to them.


well ofc. People feel closer to such animals.
Or maybe they just think of other animals more as food.

But still, abusing a deer is pretty much the same as abusing a cat. Maybe more difficult though


Because you feel closer to the animal, you're offended by what the boy did because you care for the animal, because you have a relationship with it. But does it harm anyone? That means its personal, but the law isn't personal. If you're talking about treating animals in another manner for food, then what's the difference between killing it and torturing it? Is killing more acceptable than torturing?
Your personal feelings are for yours to deal with, they should not affect others.

These are my thoughts, I'm not forcing them down anybody's throat. If you feel offended, well I don't give a damn.



No no I don't feel offended. I respect your opinions.

And yes I think killing is more acceptable than torturing. Maybe not between humans, but between humans and animals.
It's not illegal to kill a cat for example, but is IS illegal to torture it.
Just as it's illegal to torture a deer.

It doesn't go against my morals to kill an animal. But I wouldn't torture it, no matter what kind of animal

159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
As the saying goes:

Anonymous does not forgive, Anonymous does not forget.

4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Emofag wrote:

As the saying goes:

Anonymous does not forgive, Anonymous does not forget.



indeed
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 5/18/09
From what I remember, cat was taken from him and he was fined. But due to his father, no biggie consequences.
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Just because these animals are treated as domestic pets and you have daily interaction with them, you're horrified by cruelty done to them.


well ofc. People feel closer to such animals.
Or maybe they just think of other animals more as food.

But still, abusing a deer is pretty much the same as abusing a cat. Maybe more difficult though



Because you feel closer to the animal, you're offended by what the boy did because you care for the animal, because you have a relationship with it. But does it harm anyone? That means its personal, but the law isn't personal. If you're talking about treating animals in another manner for food, then what's the difference between killing it and torturing it? Is killing more acceptable than torturing?
Your personal feelings are for yours to deal with, they should not affect others.

These are my thoughts, I'm not forcing them down anybody's throat. If you feel offended, well I don't give a damn.


This question you can answer yourself. Would you want to get tortured to death, or do you prefer to have a quick death? I don't know, I personally wouldn't want to get tortured to death but that might just be me maybe you're into that kind of s&m sh*t.

Plus there are so many various reasons why we kill animals, one for instance is because we need the food. Some kill for joy and pleasure and some kill because they must.

And to say the least, just because after you animals have no right doesn't mean that we as humans have the right to shun life like that, or now do we? Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you.

Oh and by the by, humans are animals, too, therefore you're indirectly saying that we should have no rights either.
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09
fucking evil dumbass kid >.>


Edit:

he got vanned >.>

(yes i love cats)
800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09
All life should be respected and treasured. Animals are life.

I try to abide by this personal rule whenever I can. Of course it's not always possible, but I do my best. Hell, I don't even squish bugs.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/18/09 , edited 5/18/09


Kenny came to school today... he didn't look really happy. He left just before lunch because no one would talk to him or anything... plus he's claiming that it wasn't him in the vid...



No one's talking to him at school except his girlfriend and he got his name legally changed because of all the death threats he's been receiving.


http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Kenny_Glenn


Could be true, could be not!

At least the a**hole is scared.
4327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / the square
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
yeah i saw him on a YTwatchdog vid, 4chan is awesome for finding out who the sob was (and wasnt his brother the one filming the whole thing?). i dont get how people can do that to animals =___=


3394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Boracay....sana.
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
That's why sometimes I think 4chan is awesome, cool...and awesome.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.