WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Something Lacking
Posted 5/18/09
Preference probably.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

holy_may wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:

Code Geass is so good! It's like Death Note Light's personality is a sentence on Wikipedia and Lelouch is the reworded version for a 10 year old boy's essay! IT'S SO GOOD!! HE SMARTER DEN EVERY1 N LIEK... SO SMURT...


The people should really stop comparing those 2 series -_-

Seriously, it's not like you bring out a good argument from this


They have all the reason to. Young, "genius" men who are trying to make the world better, but are causing huge problems in their quest to do it. Each of them have a powerful power: One has the Death Note, the other has Mecha and the Geass. If you don't see the similarities you're stupid.

Code Geass was always an "okay" series for it's first season, but it was entirely overrated due to just Lelouch being a radical "genius". Second season, I saw Kallen/Karen in a bunny outfit, and knew right away that the storyline was going down the shit hole, I stopped watching.
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Gaia93 wrote:


holy_may wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


holy_may wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

I believe some of the newer anime suck, basically because it's already been done, but with a re-written plot. I don't see how Naruto, Bleach, Vampire Knight, Shugo Chara, and Code Geass became so popular. The only thing that's keeping those shows interesting are the characters, nothing more. But than again, even the characters have overrated personalities.

So I agree with you.


A lot of idiots exist on the Net

Code Geass is rather good, I dare to even ask why others can't help liking it... Even ratings from my sources show an important evidence that it is good. Idiots who just hate the ending are simply stupid.

Some should really watch other series than the overrated ones, but they probably are born stupid...


So because I dislike Code Geass I'm instantly an idiot?


Not likely, I was speaking in general term

However, I would ask you to tell me why


If that's the case than why did you quote me?

Why I dislike Code Geass? I just don't care for the fact that people say it's "original" and has "never been done before", when clearly it has. Also, the characters are boring, and I don't care for the way the males are drawn. They look too feminine. I've only watched 4 episodes from Code Geass, each from differents seasons. Sometimes I read episode summaries, but other than that I can't really find anything to like about it.


I'm quoting you because you stated that you dislike Code Geass. It seems to be a reason -_-
The characters are indeed very bishounen because it's made by Clamp. You probably didn't even watch it like I did such as waiting for it each week because of those cliffhanger. Cliffhanger was the strong part of the second season.

I think I can understand a bit of your point of view but I guess that's just wanted to know.

P.S. I am kinda happy that you did 4 episodes instead of 1 -_-
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

HokiePokie wrote:


holy_may wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:

Code Geass is so good! It's like Death Note Light's personality is a sentence on Wikipedia and Lelouch is the reworded version for a 10 year old boy's essay! IT'S SO GOOD!! HE SMARTER DEN EVERY1 N LIEK... SO SMURT...


The people should really stop comparing those 2 series -_-

Seriously, it's not like you bring out a good argument from this


They have all the reason to. Young, "genius" men who are trying to make the world better, but are causing huge problems in their quest to do it. Each of them have a powerful power: One has the Death Note, the other has Mecha and the Geass. If you don't see the similarities you're stupid.

Code Geass was always an "okay" series for it's first season, but it was entirely overrated due to just Lelouch being a radical "genius". Second season, I saw Kallen/Karen in a bunny outfit, and knew right away that the storyline was going down the shit hole, I stopped watching.


No, comparing bring one of the two serie down and from my experience, it tastes bitter...
I agree that similarities does surface from the 2 series but if you look at the threads, it is getting retarded...
What I mean by "it's not like you bring out a good argument from this", it doesn't support much your opinion
But here's my little gift that maybe you already have seen


Season 2 was better than season 1...
Just because you saw her in a bunny outfit doesn't mean a failed storyline... It only lasted for 2 episodes if I recalled.
I'm well aware that Code Geass wasn't perfect overall but perhaps because from where I live, I actually remembered a similar history from my country.
Posted 5/18/09


I knew it was made by Clamp, I just hate how they draw their male characters.
I've seen some of the second season, also seen the ending, kinda messed up.

Watching one episode wouldn't really be fair. Than I wouldn't really have a reason for disliking it.
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Gaia93 wrote:



I knew it was made by Clamp, I just hate how they draw their male characters.
I've seen some of the second season, also seen the ending, kinda messed up.

Watching one episode wouldn't really be fair. Than I wouldn't really have a reason for disliking it.



Then, you would have hated the Tsubasa Chronicles series

jumping episodes wasn't too bright


Thanks for not being an idiot


Another side note, if you were to talk about One Piece, I would be bashing you really hard if you only watched 4 episodes
Posted 5/18/09

holy_may wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



I knew it was made by Clamp, I just hate how they draw their male characters.
I've seen some of the second season, also seen the ending, kinda messed up.

Watching one episode wouldn't really be fair. Than I wouldn't really have a reason for disliking it.



Then, you would have hated the Tsubasa Chronicles series

jumping episodes wasn't too bright


Thanks for not being an idiot


Another side note, if you were to talk about One Piece, I would be bashing you really hard if you only watched 4 episodes


What are you talking about? I fucking love One Piece! When they came out with the English dub theme song, you know the one where they rap? I sung with them.

Also, I've already seen Tsubasa Chronicles, and you're right...I did't like it. And maybe jumping episodes wasn't a good idea, but like I said I've read the episode summaries and only watched the ones I thought were interesting.

37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Gaia93 wrote:


holy_may wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:



I knew it was made by Clamp, I just hate how they draw their male characters.
I've seen some of the second season, also seen the ending, kinda messed up.

Watching one episode wouldn't really be fair. Than I wouldn't really have a reason for disliking it.



Then, you would have hated the Tsubasa Chronicles series

jumping episodes wasn't too bright


Thanks for not being an idiot


Another side note, if you were to talk about One Piece, I would be bashing you really hard if you only watched 4 episodes


What are you talking about? I fucking love One Piece! When they came out with the English dub theme song, you know the one where they rap? I sung with them.

Also, I've already seen Tsubasa Chronicles, and you're right...I did't like it. And maybe jumping episodes wasn't a good idea, but like I said I've read the episode summaries and only watched the ones I thought were interesting.



My blog team is taking anime seriously. We can't get serious discussion in this silly forum.
I also love One Piece, and yeah, I would have used a different tone when it comes to One Piece greatness...

I still think summaries doesn't tell much despise the fact that I'm making a blog for anime... which contains both opinion and summary depending on the author. You would have a total different feeling if you had to watch Code Geass 1 episode a week, it's like so painful to wait because of cliff hanger. I personally liked because of the Invasion similarity to the French and English situation 200 years ago in Canada. Of course, just remove the Mecha and Geass power...

It was a matter of taste when it comes for art-style but you can't expect every art-style to be the same on every anime. Best example, One Piece.

13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
There are always a anime with a ''good or decent'' storyline, it's just about your own perspective. If your mind is clouded, and you're not interested in anime which have not the definition of ''overrated, mainstream, crap or plain not watchable''. Of course than you've noticed that the ''Mainstream'' is getting boring. It's only because, you people are difficult to please.

2687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In front of a com...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09
-interjects own opinion NOT involving code geass-

I think that anime, manga, video games, etc. have just fallen into general categories. Sure the characters might be different, new, and innovative but I can practically predict the storyline. Heck, in some anime, the characters are predictable also, ex. the super hyper character, the mysterious moody character, the frail anemic character, the rich kid-I could go on for ages.

So, um, yeah.

37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

Baka-God wrote:

There are always a anime with a ''good or decent'' storyline, it's just about your own perspective. If your mind is clouded, and you're not interested in anime which have not the definition of ''overrated, mainstream, crap or plain not watchable''. Of course than you've noticed that the ''Mainstream'' is getting boring. It's only because, you people are difficult to please.



I'm quite open-minded, which is also another factor

Preference also includes genre but yeah... I think the main reason why the viewers watch those "MainStream" is because they are still newbie and aren't quite open-minded. However, I still can't think of a reason of why Naruto is so popular to idiots. I never appreciated that serie overall. Even the manga -_-
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

thecommoniguana wrote:

-interjects own opinion NOT involving code geass-

I think that anime, manga, video games, etc. have just fallen into general categories. Sure the characters might be different, new, and innovative but I can practically predict the storyline. Heck, in some anime, the characters are predictable also, ex. the super hyper character, the mysterious moody character, the frail anemic character, the rich kid-I could go on for ages.

So, um, yeah.



You do know that if you intentionally try to predict, you are totally ruining your enjoyment?
2687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In front of a com...
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

holy_may wrote:


thecommoniguana wrote:

-interjects own opinion NOT involving code geass-

I think that anime, manga, video games, etc. have just fallen into general categories. Sure the characters might be different, new, and innovative but I can practically predict the storyline. Heck, in some anime, the characters are predictable also, ex. the super hyper character, the mysterious moody character, the frail anemic character, the rich kid-I could go on for ages.

So, um, yeah.



You do know that if you intentionally try to predict, you are totally ruining your enjoyment?


I don't try to predict. It's just that I've seen some plots a bunch of times, so I watch the anime and it just comes to mind. It's like in movies, you can figure out whats coming out next, but you don't do it on purpose.
Posted 5/18/09

holy_may wrote:


Baka-God wrote:

There are always a anime with a ''good or decent'' storyline, it's just about your own perspective. If your mind is clouded, and you're not interested in anime which have not the definition of ''overrated, mainstream, crap or plain not watchable''. Of course than you've noticed that the ''Mainstream'' is getting boring. It's only because, you people are difficult to please.



I'm quite open-minded, which is also another factor

Preference also includes genre but yeah... I think the main reason why the viewers watch those "MainStream" is because they are still newbie and aren't quite open-minded. However, I still can't think of a reason of why Naruto is so popular to idiots. I never appreciated that serie overall. Even the manga -_-


naruto is one anime i can't stand. i really dont know why so many people like it, but on the other hand, i think a fair amount of people also hates this series. it's too boring and i dont see any excitements in it. also, the rise of the narutards are getting up fast. really, it's annoying, animes like naruto must not be praised, but stopped.
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 5/18/09

thecommoniguana wrote:


holy_may wrote:


thecommoniguana wrote:

-interjects own opinion NOT involving code geass-

I think that anime, manga, video games, etc. have just fallen into general categories. Sure the characters might be different, new, and innovative but I can practically predict the storyline. Heck, in some anime, the characters are predictable also, ex. the super hyper character, the mysterious moody character, the frail anemic character, the rich kid-I could go on for ages.

So, um, yeah.



You do know that if you intentionally try to predict, you are totally ruining your enjoyment?


I don't try to predict. It's just that I've seen some plots a bunch of times, so I watch the anime and it just comes to mind. It's like in movies, you can figure out whats coming out next, but you don't do it on purpose.


I did written "If"

I know, but I could suggest to watch something different, different genre for example... It truly help based on my experience.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.