First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
The Universe, god can't have created it
5357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
God is a human creation!
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
god could not have created the Cosmos.

Anyway judging from our civilization/history i would hate to see the other planets he made.

2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
digs why don't you prove using PHYSICAL EVIDENCE that your god created the universe instead of crap from scientific illiterates?
Posted 5/22/09
If only we were there when it was created >.<
2711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
why not, nobody knows how huge God is either...
5629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
**Sigh** God's quite tolerant of the ignorant. More tolerant than I'd ever be. And of course: God created the universe. Seeing is not believing. The truth will be clearly known after death for all of humanity. And saying the universe just "happened" is like McDonald's preparing, serving, and eating its own food. Like, duh~...It's like a ship on water without a captain.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to discuss this properly but God is Great!
1663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 5/24/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


johnkx wrote:

If there is a God then he had created everything to move perfectly. There's no explanation why everything moves so perfectly. That's why people made religions so that it teaches us that there's someone who created this whole thing. DDDDUH

well, if I was a God, why would i make something with edges? I would make something infinite


The universe is infinite, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an edge. Imagine an infinitely long bridge. You can walk the length of this bridge and never find an end. There’s an infinite number of steps on this bridge…but it’s finite, because if you turn to your left you can take a few paces and find that edge.



the universe has an edge, but it is constantly expanding

as long as there are moving objects in the universe
the span of it will increase
no matter which directions the objects are moving
1663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 5/24/09

Fortuna wrote:

**Sigh** God's quite tolerant of the ignorant. More tolerant than I'd ever be. And of course: God created the universe. Seeing is not believing. The truth will be clearly known after death for all of humanity. And saying the universe just "happened" is like McDonald's preparing, serving, and eating its own food. Like, duh~...It's like a ship on water without a captain.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to discuss this properly but God is Great!


Asuming that god exists

why would he make humans faulty and test them?
and punish/dispose of the bad ones
when he has the power to make perfect, amazing humans

its like making bad toys and throwing away the ones that dont work

if i am ignorant then i am the perfect creation, because he created me to be ignorant
either im ideal or god is a flimsy and dodgy creator







5629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/24/09 , edited 5/24/09

Daniel9878 wrote:


Asuming that god exists

why would he make humans faulty and test them?
and punish/dispose of the bad ones
when he has the power to make perfect, amazing humans

its like making bad toys and throwing away the ones that dont work

if i am ignorant then i am the perfect creation, because he created me to be ignorant
either im ideal or god is a flimsy and dodgy creator



First of all, God is Perfect. Humans cannot compare to His Perfection. (Also, “ideal people” don’t exist really and the one who was closest lives not in this time period.)

This world exists to test us humans on the choices we make. God is the All-Knowing. He knows about every atom of everything everywhere. Why else would He be God? Because of that, God already knows the choices we will make and everything is under His will. However, we humans have free will. We are not controlled in the choices that we make. No one is forcing you to read this right now, right? It’s your choice. God only allowed it to happen, could have stopped it from happening, and already saw it happening (i.e. He knows the future). Whatever path you choose to take, it’ll lead you to an end that God knows but you don’t. The choices you make decide where that will be.

Assuming you’re a healthy sane person, you can act ignorant or seek knowledge and more understanding. God sees us all equal but our actions (intentions and willingness included) plus His mercy determine our destination, be it heaven or hell. God is the greatest of judges and is the Most Just and fair. Therefore, He will judge each and every person according to his/her own circumstances.

Concerning the main question you asked on why God who is perfect and capable of creating perfection did not create 'perfect humans', I don’t have a proper answer right now. I am not very knowledgeable. However, I will get back to you on that as soon as I get the answer from those who know more than I.

Sorry for the lengthy ‘talk’. If you seek more, let me know. I hope this was informative (and accurate on my part) for you. =]
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/24/09

Daniel9878 wrote:


Fortuna wrote:

**Sigh** God's quite tolerant of the ignorant. More tolerant than I'd ever be. And of course: God created the universe. Seeing is not believing. The truth will be clearly known after death for all of humanity. And saying the universe just "happened" is like McDonald's preparing, serving, and eating its own food. Like, duh~...It's like a ship on water without a captain.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to discuss this properly but God is Great!


Asuming that god exists

why would he make humans faulty and test them?
and punish/dispose of the bad ones
when he has the power to make perfect, amazing humans

its like making bad toys and throwing away the ones that dont work

if i am ignorant then i am the perfect creation, because he created me to be ignorant
either im ideal or god is a flimsy and dodgy creator




-Okay if you want to hear from a reasonable Christian you can listen to me and ignore just about everyone else who's trying to convert you.
-God gave humans free choice, so if they fuck up it's their fault. In Genesis, Adam and Eve were perfect until they faultered due to the Satan's influence.


the universe has an edge, but it is constantly expanding

as long as there are moving objects in the universe
the span of it will increase
no matter which directions the objects are moving


-Have you heard of the theory that the universe has no beginning or end? That it's been infinately contracting and expanding since forever? It's a really weird theory that I really wish I knew the name too but as legit as it sounds it's something I'd hope isn't true.
-Out of curiousity, what happens when you reach the edge of the universe?
62219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 5/24/09 , edited 5/24/09

Daniel9878 wrote:

Asuming that god exists

why would he make humans faulty and test them?
and punish/dispose of the bad ones
when he has the power to make perfect, amazing humans

its like making bad toys and throwing away the ones that dont work

if i am ignorant then i am the perfect creation, because he created me to be ignorant
either im ideal or god is a flimsy and dodgy creator


This is a legitimate question, but I think it focuses too heavily on the negative members of society. Every society has its fair share of awful people, but there are also some pretty great people who make significant contributions to society. What really separates those awful members from the productive people? Are you willing to say that some people are just "defective?" I mean, that opens you up to an obvious question. Are you "defective" too?

I've asked this question before about why "evil" exists (on different boards) and gotten some interesting responses. The truth is, you do have the ability to be amazing. Maybe not "perfect." Perfect isn't a well defined term. But free will grants you the ability to accomplish a lot. I'd say it's the ability to act against "instinct." Try to think about how useful something like that can be.

Of course, free will isn't something we can prove either. I tend to believe in free will though. I certainly feel the weight of my actions and decisions in my life. My experience can't qualify as proof, but it's enough to make me believe.
5629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/25/09

crazykl45 wrote:

This is a legitimate question, but I think it focuses too heavily on the negative members of society. Every society has its fair share of awful people, but there are also some pretty great people who make significant contributions to society. What really separates those awful members from the productive people? Are you willing to say that some people are just "defective?" I mean, that opens you up to an obvious question. Are you "defective" too?

I've asked this question before about why "evil" exists (on different boards) and gotten some interesting responses. The truth is, you do have the ability to be amazing. Maybe not "perfect." Perfect isn't a well defined term. But free will grants you the ability to accomplish a lot. I'd say it's the ability to act against "instinct." Try to think about how useful something like that can be.

Of course, free will isn't something we can prove either. I tend to believe in free will though. I certainly feel the weight of my actions and decisions in my life. My experience can't qualify as proof, but it's enough to make me believe.


Well said =] ~
2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/25/09
still waiting for the physical evidence of god creating the universe and the bible written by primitive farmers and animal herders is not evidence
Posted 5/25/09 , edited 5/25/09
Your rant makes no sense whatsoever. To me, it seems like this is your first time picking up an astronomy book, let alone reading the Bible.

You're rambling on about something you have little idea about. Before creating a thread, especially about someting like this, it's best to look up the information on the topic first.

I agree with digs and Droodika though.
547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / MD
Offline
Posted 5/25/09
Your argument is based upon the idea that God follows the same sort of logic as a human might, and that there is one being/creator of the universe.

Both of these are not necessarily true.

I mean, c'mon, what are gnats good for? Why the frack did you make a platypus? There are a lot of questionable things "God" does. But God is god and can do whatever the frack God wants.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.