First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
The Universe, god can't have created it
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 4/15/10

Deftones1079 wrote:

I think/believe that God made everything. Some people want to believe everything God made just happened, but he is perfect and with perfection comes laws and details. Religion and science should be one and the same, not the way some people believe that their polar opposites. The earth was not created in seven human days.


Have you got any scientific evidence or proof for any of that stuff? I bet you don't. In fact, I know you don't.
21247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / South Gate, Calif...
Offline
Posted 4/16/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:


Deftones1079 wrote:

I think/believe that God made everything. Some people want to believe everything God made just happened, but he is perfect and with perfection comes laws and details. Religion and science should be one and the same, not the way some people believe that their polar opposites. The earth was not created in seven human days.


Have you got any scientific evidence or proof for any of that stuff? I bet you don't. In fact, I know you don't. :D


I have zero evidence of this. No body has any proof that God exists, but its all a matter of faith. On the other hand you guys can't prove the big bang theory yet. Again i'm not a religous nut, I do believe in God and its more amazing how everything works from the universe to our own bodies and its all thanks to his infinite love (again if you believe in god that is). Anyone who beliefs in God is not following logic they're following their heart.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 4/16/10

Deftones1079 wrote:
I have zero evidence of this. No body has any proof that God exists, but its all a matter of faith. On the other hand you guys can't prove the big bang theory yet. Again i'm not a religous nut, I do believe in God and its more amazing how everything works from the universe to our own bodies and its all thanks to his infinite love (again if you believe in god that is). Anyone who beliefs in God is not following logic they're following their heart.


That's the thing though. We don't 'have' to prove the whole big bang thing. If we're proven wrong on that account, we'll just say 'Right, yeah, there was no big bang, after all.' However, proof will have to be in accord with what is scientific. We play by the rules of science and we don't seek the recognition of religion, it is religion that wants to, somehow, acquire the 'Mandate of Science'. Following your heart is fine, so long as you understand that your actions will not count as logical in so far as they are inconsistent with what logic would dictate. It is either or. Hell, some would argue that they won't count as logical unless the decision making process is founded on logic.
Posted 4/17/10
Your argument is that God couldn't have created the universe b/c it's so big and complex? Therefore it makes more sense that it happened by chance in some random explosion out of nothingness? And then a bunch more random chance things?
...
I think I'll stick with the more rational line of thinking. Of course God could create the universe. That's why He's God. And as for Him having to be created in order to create, I think humans made up that rule.
Posted 4/17/10

momofleur wrote:

Your argument is that God couldn't have created the universe b/c it's so big and complex? Therefore it makes more sense that it happened by chance in some random explosion out of nothingness? And then a bunch more random chance things?
...
I think I'll stick with the more rational line of thinking. Of course God could create the universe. That's why He's God. And as for Him having to be created in order to create, I think humans made up that rule.
In that case, then the ultimate truth is that the universe is still evolving and expanding. Therefore until the process of the universe finishes itself by completing its cycle, nobody had done creating anything.
114130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 4/17/10

momofleur wrote:

Your argument is that God couldn't have created the universe b/c it's so big and complex? Therefore it makes more sense that it happened by chance in some random explosion out of nothingness? And then a bunch more random chance things?
...
I think I'll stick with the more rational line of thinking. Of course God could create the universe. That's why He's God. And as for Him having to be created in order to create, I think humans made up that rule.


wait a second... how can believing in an imaginary being be considered rational? sure we dont know how it all started but it doesnt mean a convenient figure did it. the beauty of science is that there is always room for revising pending new evidence, even if the big bang is wrong it can be revised can the bible do that?

if one tiny varible of the beginning of the universe was changed radically changing our reality as we see it now we would think that it's all normal (assuming we r still around) besides there is no order only chaos that has settled
19084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 4/30/10
Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/10

Miyurox wrote:

Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?


The same fucking Bible that says that the Earth is flat and that pi is exactly equal to three. Now, why don't we just stop quoting from some book written by nomadic sand people over a thousand years ago, and use the knowledge that time and science have given us to make a actual arguement.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/10 , edited 5/2/10
God is perfect, therefore what he create will be perfection.

Imperfection exist, which can be proven though mere observation.

Therefore,

Either God is not perfect or he did not create the universe.

Following on the thought of God not creating the universe:

If God is perfect, all powerful, and benevolent, he will make the universe perfect, even if he did not create it.

Imperfection exist, as stated above, therefore

If he exist, then God is not Perfect.

In every case, God either doesn't exist or is not perfect.
21247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / South Gate, Calif...
Offline
Posted 5/3/10

orangeflute wrote:


Miyurox wrote:

Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?


The same fucking Bible that says that the Earth is flat and that pi is exactly equal to three. Now, why don't we just stop quoting from some book written by nomadic sand people over a thousand years ago, and use the knowledge that time and science have given us to make a actual arguement.


The last time i read the bible was about 10 years ago and not once did i read in the bible that the earth was flat. In fact there is a verse in the old testament where it states the earth was round. Yes to believe in god is a matter of Faith and not logic, but you should also try to get your facts better about what the bible states, it was the religious group (catholics) who were corrupt and not the bible.

1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/10 , edited 5/3/10

Deftones1079 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


Miyurox wrote:

Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?


The same fucking Bible that says that the Earth is flat and that pi is exactly equal to three. Now, why don't we just stop quoting from some book written by nomadic sand people over a thousand years ago, and use the knowledge that time and science have given us to make a actual arguement.


The last time i read the bible was about 10 years ago and not once did i read in the bible that the earth was flat. In fact there is a verse in the old testament where it states the earth was round. Yes to believe in god is a matter of Faith and not logic, but you should also try to get your facts better about what the bible states, it was the religious group (catholics) who were corrupt and not the bible.



Matthew 4:8 says, “Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory", Now, the writers then are working under the assumption that a) The world is flat that Jesus may see all the kingdoms of the world b) there exist a giant peak werein you may see all of it. This is not about the corruption of the Bible (despite the fact that it has been edited heavily) or of any Church (and every church is disgustingly corrupt as well), but that the Bible is simply not a source of scientific learning or knowledge, the End Times, St. John of Patmos declared, will consist of, at one point, stars literally falling off the skies.
21247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / South Gate, Calif...
Offline
Posted 5/3/10

orangeflute wrote:


Deftones1079 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


Miyurox wrote:

Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?




8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?


The same fucking Bible that says that the Earth is flat and that pi is exactly equal to three. Now, why don't we just stop quoting from some book written by nomadic sand people over a thousand years ago, and use the knowledge that time and science have given us to make a actual arguement.


The last time i read the bible was about 10 years ago and not once did i read in the bible that the earth was flat. In fact there is a verse in the old testament where it states the earth was round. Yes to believe in god is a matter of Faith and not logic, but you should also try to get your facts better about what the bible states, it was the religious group (catholics) who were corrupt and not the bible.



Matthew 4:8 says, “Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory", Now, the writers then are working under the assumption that a) The world is flat that Jesus may see all the kingdoms of the world b) there exist a giant peak werein you may see all of it. This is not about the corruption of the Bible (despite the fact that it has been edited heavily) or of any Church (and every church is disgustingly corrupt as well), but that the Bible is simply not a source of scientific learning or knowledge, the End Times, St. John of Patmos declared, will consist of, at one point, stars literally falling off the skies.


Again i don't consider my self a religious person but in Isaiah 40:22 says "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth and its people like grasshoppers, he stretches out the heavens like a canopy and spreads them out like a tent to live in"
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/10

Deftones1079 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


Deftones1079 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


Miyurox wrote:

Job 38:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?




8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death ?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful [c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons [d]
or lead out the Bear [e] with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's [f] dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart [g] with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?


The same fucking Bible that says that the Earth is flat and that pi is exactly equal to three. Now, why don't we just stop quoting from some book written by nomadic sand people over a thousand years ago, and use the knowledge that time and science have given us to make a actual arguement.


The last time i read the bible was about 10 years ago and not once did i read in the bible that the earth was flat. In fact there is a verse in the old testament where it states the earth was round. Yes to believe in god is a matter of Faith and not logic, but you should also try to get your facts better about what the bible states, it was the religious group (catholics) who were corrupt and not the bible.



Matthew 4:8 says, “Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory", Now, the writers then are working under the assumption that a) The world is flat that Jesus may see all the kingdoms of the world b) there exist a giant peak werein you may see all of it. This is not about the corruption of the Bible (despite the fact that it has been edited heavily) or of any Church (and every church is disgustingly corrupt as well), but that the Bible is simply not a source of scientific learning or knowledge, the End Times, St. John of Patmos declared, will consist of, at one point, stars literally falling off the skies.


Again i don't consider my self a religious person but in Isaiah 40:22 says "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth and its people like grasshoppers, he stretches out the heavens like a canopy and spreads them out like a tent to live in"


And a 'Circle' is a two dimensional object, composed of a series of points equal distanced from the center. Isaiah 'It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.' It follows with an anology, comparing the heavens to a 'tent' that covers the very flat earth.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/10
But Kobe Byrant of Los Angeles, he teaches only the truth.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10
Well thank (god) Emperor Hirohito and the Shinto Religion the people that followed it. Japan and the Japanese’s would not exist if war came to an invasion of it. So there are good points to people believing in a higher power. I would go with George Burns., instead of Bryant. Maybe I would pick Mel Brooks. My Hypothesis how life got started on this mud ball is some visitors from a galaxy far, far, way stop here looked around dump their waste and to off to another galaxy far, far, way. Setting forth the first cycle of life, and again thank God for crap.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.