First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Dealing with Holiday Blues
1765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/24/07 , edited 12/24/07
It is the Christmas season and there are some very merry people...but then there are those of us who for some reason are just down and depressed around the holidays. For some people it may be that their family fights a lot or maybe some people are missing a family member. some people may not even know why they are sad.

unfortunaly i fall under the last category. I dont know why I am always so depressed around the holidays and i know i didnt used to be, but i am now.

So for those of you who get depressed during the holidays what do you do to feel better or atleast deal with it?

ps. It could be any holiday i know some dont celebrate christmas .
oh and i searched for this topic but didnt see it so if there is one already sry.
29475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
im happy for the holidays so i guess this doenst apply to me
7482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Talk is cheap in...
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
This will be the saddest Christmas for me.
Family Crisis =(
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Rush Valley
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
I'm not one of the merriest people during christmas, I guess how I deal with it is just keeping busy or at least thinking of better things. I don't know what else I could mention... : |
29989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
This is the worst Christmas ever I'm all alone at my house. My Grandparents went to Paris today so theres no one to make food and my dad doesn't even care about Christmas all he does is goto a coffee shop.
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / your mom!!!
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
i normally dont like christmas or any holiday anyway its more of a "family"type issue but you know what helps me in these situations!!...my son and my wife man! of course we all cant be so lucky but... thats my reason for putting fourth any effort on my part at all!!
10977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / 714
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends
Posted 12/24/07
Tinuviel, whereismypumpkin, and HitsuToushi, i am sorry to hear of your sadness.
29989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

TinyTitan wrote:

well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends

Yeah but one problem my friends live in a different city and i have no transportation to get there.
10977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / 714
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:

well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends

Yeah but one problem my friends live in a different city and i have no transportation to get there.


talk on the internet?

29989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

TinyTitan wrote:


HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:

well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends

Yeah but one problem my friends live in a different city and i have no transportation to get there.


talk on the internet?

Im not gonna spend Christmas on the internet but well I already am. And i dont really think that theyre going to be on the internet during Christmas because they going to have a family get together.

10977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / 714
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:


HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:

well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends

Yeah but one problem my friends live in a different city and i have no transportation to get there.


talk on the internet?

Im not gonna spend Christmas on the internet but well I already am. And i dont really think that theyre going to be on the internet during Christmas because they going to have a family get together.



can u spend time with ur family?
1765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

HitsuToushi wrote:

This is the worst Christmas ever I'm all alone at my house. My Grandparents went to Paris today so theres no one to make food and my dad doesn't even care about Christmas all he does is goto a coffee shop.


i wish i could be by myself but my mom really wants to be all christmasy (and make cookies for a bunch of people)lol idk about my sister ...and to top it all off we have a exchange student and of course i want her to enjoy her stay here which just makes things stressful because we want to invlove her in all the festivities and keep her entertained but she dosent speak that much english. and i jsut wanna be left ALONE im such a bahumbug n i feel horrible for it .. i do love giving gifts tho
Posted 12/24/07
since i'm an otaku i'll say: if you can't be with your loved ones, saturate yourself with manga, anime and booze until you forget everything else.
29989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

TinyTitan wrote:


HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:


HitsuToushi wrote:


TinyTitan wrote:

well im not one of those ppl who gt sad but u can make urself be happier by doing somthin u've never done before or hang out w/ friends

Yeah but one problem my friends live in a different city and i have no transportation to get there.


talk on the internet?

Im not gonna spend Christmas on the internet but well I already am. And i dont really think that theyre going to be on the internet during Christmas because they going to have a family get together.



can u spend time with ur family?

Nope my dad hes at coffee shops(those vietnamese one not starbucks) Every single day and is right now. Grandparents are taking care of my great uncle in Paris and the rest of my family are spending time with their wife and children.
As for my mom she lives in Chicago

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.