First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Anime, does it have to be made from Japan to be an Anime?
13761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
Hmmm... yeah
... Anime is a japanese word anyway...
from anyway else it wouldn't be called Anime anymore... !!

68652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / dallas texas
Offline
Posted 5/22/09

anime0014 wrote:

More than likely if its an "anime" made from america it is or would be more kid friendly than if it was made anywhere else.


Well in my experience anyway.
590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
ya see even she agrees.
Posted 5/22/09
im writing a story but when i see the pictures in my head i see th characters as anime people and ive seen so many japanese animes so im thinking if it ever gets turned into a show its should be a japanese anime but im not japanese i was wonder if its still possible.
Posted 5/22/09
maybe if i go to japan and finsih making it then would it count?
Posted 5/22/09 , edited 5/22/09

RyokoCandy wrote:

im writing a story but when i see the pictures in my head i see th characters as anime people and ive seen so many japanese animes so im thinking if it ever gets turned into a show its should be a japanese anime but im not japanese i was wonder if its still possible.


You don't have to be Japanese to make an anime. That's just another misconception. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

3970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/22/09

anime0014 wrote:


anime0014 wrote:

More than likely if its an "anime" made from america it is or would be more kid friendly than if it was made anywhere else.


Well in my experience anyway.

Depends on what the company's going to market to.


Course, with most people thinking cartoons are just for kids, it might be a bit hard.
11460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Austin, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
Korea makes anime too.
590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Warren, NJ
Offline
Posted 5/22/09 , edited 5/22/09
@Cecil-*sigh* the 2 1st sentences of my post were sarcastic. I wouldn't cry that fast.
11807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Germantwon MD, US...
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
Anime can be from anywhere. It's just that the way they are drawn is very distinct, and unique compared to the usual over exaggerated cartoons were usually see in the US.. Also the plots are more complicated then the stupid retarded- ness we see in America . For instance Boondocks is an anime.. Why? because the characters look more realistic compared to the usual slop they put on for kids. Other cartoons are just over- exaggerated. Which is what a cartoon is. Anime is definitely a Japanese creation but anyone can make an anime.
Posted 5/22/09
I hate topics such as this
A mere question, yet to be serealized into a serious one at that. It would make sense if it's going to be a political problem towards the United Nations, but no.
Still, though, it was just a question. Nonetheless.

By the way, Anime = Animation and that's it.
"Anime" in Japan was influenced by Betty Boop. That chick with the big eyes, big boobs, and small torso. That was the start of Anime in Japan; Hence, Astroboy.
As for the cinematics, I don't really know that yet. Based on Gaia, it's Europe. Hopefully, it is. I've seen the animation in some cartoons in France and it's brilliant. In fact, I wouldn't call that animation, but art instead.
Posted 5/22/09
Outside of Japan, "anime" refers to animation of Japanese origin.

That's not to say that other countries don't make equally great animation.
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 5/22/09
lol @ troll fest
Posted 5/22/09
Just don't confuse cartoons with anime.
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 5/23/09

jay_jay26 wrote:

Korea makes anime too.


As I just wrote in another thread that since Korean call animation ani in their language their animation should be called ani like their manga counterpart manwha I think.

By the way, in Japan no one talk about anime should be only from Japan since anime means animations in Japanese so it's kind of odd that when I see people are talking about such a subject. What I always think when I see anime forums like here is that Japanese otakus have different point of views so their subjects are much different from those subjects from here or other anime fourums out side of Japan.
People from different countries have different point of views so if they make anime, their anime would have different atmosphere from the ones which were made by Japanese. You can trace the style but can not trace the atmosphere but it can still work in good ways to make your anime unique.
Posted 5/23/09
i think so.
idk , i never thought about it . Just watch it.
52969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/23/09
no...? even if it's not from japan, it doen't mean that it's not an anime..
2448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NewYork
Offline
Posted 5/23/09

LdyAkane wrote:

Anime can be from anywhere. It's just that the way they are drawn is very distinct, and unique compared to the usual over exaggerated cartoons were usually see in the US.. Also the plots are more complicated then the stupid retarded- ness we see in America . For instance Boondocks is an anime.. Why? because the characters look more realistic compared to the usual slop they put on for kids. Other cartoons are just over- exaggerated. Which is what a cartoon is. Anime is definitely a Japanese creation but anyone can make an anime.


How about Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo isn't that an Anime too? it follows the same format of a cartoon.Everything what you see on that anime is un-realistic compare to its anime brother-sister. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWcrgAZkEcQ .
Posted 5/23/09

snuckles108 wrote:

It's still anime as long as
it has the same features such as big eyes, and fine lines.
It doesn't matter who draws it.

That's like saying:
sushi isn't sushi if a non-Japanese makes it.


you are right, but..... that sushi is just a copy of the original. And the original comes from Japan. So you cant say that is 100% sushi.
And that goes with the anime. What is done outside Japan are just imitations. Everything is btw. Simple as that. And if you're envious because Japanese animation is better in so much aspects, than everything else from your country, than ..... you can be. An anime has nothing to do with the word Animation or Anime. It has with the drawing style!! And the style is very different from any other in this world. Because its 100% Japanese.
55846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / M / magic banig
Offline
Posted 5/23/09

Anime, does it have to be made from Japan to be an Anime?
Good question.
Posted 5/23/09 , edited 5/23/09
and the truth is that YES! I wouldnt watch an "anime" if its not made in Japan.
2448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NewYork
Offline
Posted 5/23/09

Doriami wrote:


snuckles108 wrote:

It's still anime as long as
it has the same features such as big eyes, and fine lines.
It doesn't matter who draws it.

That's like saying:
sushi isn't sushi if a non-Japanese makes it.


you are right, but..... that sushi is just a copy of the original. And the original comes from Japan. So you cant say that is 100% sushi.
And that goes with the anime. What is done outside Japan are just imitations. Everything is btw. Simple as that. And if you're envious because Japanese animation is better in so much aspects, than everything else from your country, than ..... you can be. An anime has nothing to do with the word Animation or Anime. It has with the drawing style!! And the style is very different from any other in this world. Because its 100% Japanese.




you are right, but..... that sushi is just a copy of the original. And the original comes from Japan. So you cant say that is 100% sushi.
And that goes with the anime.

Oh yes It can there are pretty good imitators of a sushi here in America.


Everything is btw. Simple as that. And if you're envious because Japanese animation is better in so much aspects, than everything else from your country, than ..... you can be

You're right but I still disagree on your opinion,but that different country has different style I totally agree.



Because its 100% Japanese. <_<

What do you mean 100% Japanese? what you say about countries having different style is correct,but Japanese 100% I disagree Japan's economic(2009) dropped many people are losing their jobs, and many people believe that Japan is the best place to lived that it's really expensive.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.