First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
When fans make it hard to enjoy an anime.
18989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

arx7arbalest wrote:

No ones a stranger to this. Over zealous fans have murdered anime. Here are some examples

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I completely loved this anime. It was completely unique and beautiful from the art to the script. It easily became one of my favorites. However, when fans started screaming Haruhi in my ear, it soon became annoying. The more and more zealous they became, the more I realized that it wasn't as great as I thought it to be.

Death Note
The fans literally raped the shit out of this one. I liked Death Note, but it really didn't make me think like many other anime have. Despite the maturity and complexity of the plot, it really wasn't that hard to understand. I never really thought of it as AMAZING. I still loved it, but then came the fans. Claims of being the best anime ever made kept ringing in my ear. People saying, "Do what I want or I'll write your name in my Death Note" because really retarded. Fangirls that love L who is basically a genius who has bad sleeping habits, enjoys sweets, and makes you wonder if he bathes.

Evangelion
A while back in this forum, you may have remembered a user named Lusulpher. I respected him for being intelligent enough to respond to a question...or at least how I remember it. However, we had a discussion about Evangelion and he just can't shut up about EVA. The truth is that EVA has been overanalyzed to hell and back. I told him that all the religous references were simply used for aesthetic and really gave no insight to the human condition. He strongly disagreed. He was so thorough at his analysis even I started to believe it. Then I came to the reality that no one is smart enough to make a story that intentionally had different meaning to people and consciously knew every meaning as they made it. He is not the only one to over analyze Evangelion. I can guarantee that EVA's meaning was different to almost every viewer that tried to look for religious fact. The true fact is that the Judeo-Christian references were just used to help progress the plot. If you don't believe me, then here's the proof.


Q) Is there religious meaning to Evangelion?

A) No. Evangelion is not, and never was a religious anime and does not contain any direct commentary on the world's religions. The Judeo-Christian elements it contains are simply plot devices used to convey the story. Nothing more.

The cross shaped explosions, the Kabalah, and all other references do have religious roots and do have relevance to Evangelion but it is very important to remember that Eva is a work of fiction and should not have it's symbols taken that seriously. I think that Mamorou Oshii (director of "Ghost in The Shell" and "Patlabor") described religious elements in anime best when he said "These are used as the prototype for the stories; not for religious reasons, but for ideology and literary inspiration".

Finally, at the Otakon anime convention held in 2001, assistant director Kazuya Tsurumaki (who was the director of The End of Evangelion: Episode 25' Air - while Anno personally undetook The End of Evangelion: Episode 26' Sincerely Yours and acted as Chief Director) was asked directly what relvance Christianity had to Evangelion. This was his reply:

Tsurumaki: There are a lot of giant robot shows in Japan, and we did want our story to have a religious theme to help distinguish us. Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice.


So, while Evangelion's basic plot elements are borrowed from some religious texts and myths, they merely act as inspiration for a different story. They are just there for aesthetics. Evangelion also borrowed several elements from earlier Tomino anime shows. Evangelion owes more to Ideon, than it does to Revelation.


I'm not telling you to accept EVA at face value. I actually found 4 levels of meaning in EVA and 3 I can say with confidence truly are themes of EVA. I just KNOW that EVA has been over analyzed to an extreme extent. That's why I don't trust fan commentary unless they own the Red Cross Book which is basically the End of Evangelion film program booklet. It has been called the Red Cross Book because of its appearance.

Naruto
I'm not completely sure if I would have enjoyed this anime in the first place, but I can say with confidence, that a lot of Naruto fans are REALLY annoying. I was watching Monster on youtube and me, being retarded as I am, read the comments. One of them said "Monster is the best anime EVAR" and then a reply to that was "HAHA no, but its good. Too bad but Naruto> Monster Naruto>>>>>>>>>>Every anime EVAR" I was stunned. Can you seriously say Naruto is better than Monster while watching monster? This comment was said well into the series as well. I wanted to barf. If that wasn't enough, I had a conversation with a friend of mine. I told him Naruto is overrated. He said, "You just have to see all the episodes." I told him that I did and then he called me a hypocrite. That is the most annoying thing about the fans. If I don't watch every episode, they will say I'm wrong and that I haven't seen enough episodes. I have seen all the episodes and because of it they all call me hypocrite because of it. Narutards have trapped me so that I can't be right, but I know I am.


really love reading your post...

you have a point when you say fans are annoying...however fans are the goals of anime...this comes as part of a series becoming famous..and you cant help it if somebody have watched a ninja anime and thinks its the best anime of the century

Posted 5/2/08
i got to damn agree with you . theres nothing much i could write but theres some words to describe fans of an anime ...

Retard people should stay our of way .
446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Ph
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
i highly agree.... Deathnote was one of my favorite. But as soon as everyone was all L like ... *ulk* I couldnt take it.. every cospaly i went to there were hundreds of Misa and L cosplayers... arghhhh ..
446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Ph
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

arx7arbalest wrote:

No ones a stranger to this. Over zealous fans have murdered people. Here is an example

Death Note
The fans literally raped the shit out of this one. I liked Death Note, but it really didn't make me think like many other anime have. Despite the maturity and complexity of the plot, it really wasn't that hard to understand. I never really thought of it as AMAZING. I still loved it, but then came the fans. Claims of being the best anime ever made kept ringing in my ear. People saying, "Do what I want or I'll write your name in my Death Note" because really retarded. Fangirls that love L who is basically a genius who has bad sleeping habits, enjoys sweets, and makes you wonder if he bathes.



i COMPLETELY AGREE
Posted 5/3/08
I have to agree but i still love Haruhi. ;___; i cant get over her. </3
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
does it matter?
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
it is kind of regrettable that fans take anime too seriously...they start making up stuff that isn't really true... or not even 1% correct according to any anime...so yea i agree. i like watching anime but once you thinks a serie is the best one you've watched so far...fans make you change your mind...
452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / OZ MAYTE!
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
its fun to discuss and argue over anime.....but not to the point where its just not fun anymore.
Ur right overworshipping an anime is crazy.....some people treat it like a friggen religion...come on people theres more to life haha.

i couldnt agree with u more..although u did rant abit to long...dont u think ur fussing over it abit to much just like the fans u dispise? i onno... i think its ironic hehe....ignorance is bliss :)

p.s. it was so long i cbf reading it all lol..when that happens...you just know its to keen...
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
Fan girls suck because they obsess with one of the characters, and if you don't like said character then they complain, and if you did like them now you hate them because of this fan girl.

Fan Boys suck too. They will defend a pointless side to an argument to the death, when in reality they know NOTHING about what they are fighting against.

I'll bring up Evangelion for this one. Alot of people (typically) go gaga for this series. I personally found the mind raping funny and could not take it seriously at all, but that's just me of course. Mention a SLIGHT shink in the Eva's armor (Millions to pick from as well) and they call to arms. I remember stating that Mazinkaiser (I am sure not many of you know this series and that's a shame) is in fact stronger then Eva unit 01 and someone went nuts about it. If your going to debate, know both parties before you make accusations.

Narutards are no better. Ever hear the entire Kakashi could beat Goku in a fight theory? Its pretty funny. Then when the fan boy finally realizes he is beaten, he reaches for his "trump card". "Well that sounds kinda sucky, then the thing can't be beaten and the show must be boring."
18989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

Kizer_kun wrote:

Fan girls suck because they obsess with one of the characters, and if you don't like said character then they complain, and if you did like them now you hate them because of this fan girl.

Fan Boys suck too. They will defend a pointless side to an argument to the death, when in reality they know NOTHING about what they are fighting against.

I'll bring up Evangelion for this one. Alot of people (typically) go gaga for this series. I personally found the mind raping funny and could not take it seriously at all, but that's just me of course. Mention a SLIGHT shink in the Eva's armor (Millions to pick from as well) and they call to arms. I remember stating that Mazinkaiser (I am sure not many of you know this series and that's a shame) is in fact stronger then Eva unit 01 and someone went nuts about it. If your going to debate, know both parties before you make accusations.

Narutards are no better. Ever hear the entire Kakashi could beat Goku in a fight theory? Its pretty funny. Then when the fan boy finally realizes he is beaten, he reaches for his "trump card". "Well that sounds kinda sucky, then the thing can't be beaten and the show must be boring."


ok?.. what about evangelion again?
2517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
lol. same reason y i still havent watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... ive seen so much stuff about it seems like there's no need to watch it. still, id watch it when im out of choices. ^-^
1101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 5/3/08 , edited 5/3/08

starryeyeddreamer wrote:


foreverxpink wrote:

I completely agree with the first post. Seriously, just recently Death Note has gotten insanely popular and all these wannabe scene kids are running around screaming "OMG DETH NOET IZ DA ONLI GUD ANAMAY LEFT!1! lolz!1!! OMG BEZT SHO EVUR" and it's like CALM DOWN, it's just a series; and its ending was pretty disappointing which kinda dulls its "amazingness"... And Naruto fans... ugh. It's a great series, but really overrated. It's not worth devoting your entire existence to.


ik! The new Death Note fans are out of contol. My friend just started watching it and now she calls me at midnight every saturday and is all "ARE U GONNA WATCH!?!?!" and then she gets mad when I say no and tell her everything that happens in that episode. I know it's spoiling but she deserves it for calling so late when I'm trying to sleep >< and to make it worse she's never even seen Near and is OBSESSED. and when I say OBSESSED i mean she talks about what she would do if they got married. It's not healthy



LOL I agree with all of you
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

macphapie wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:

Fan girls suck because they obsess with one of the characters, and if you don't like said character then they complain, and if you did like them now you hate them because of this fan girl.

Fan Boys suck too. They will defend a pointless side to an argument to the death, when in reality they know NOTHING about what they are fighting against.

I'll bring up Evangelion for this one. Alot of people (typically) go gaga for this series. I personally found the mind raping funny and could not take it seriously at all, but that's just me of course. Mention a SLIGHT shink in the Eva's armor (Millions to pick from as well) and they call to arms. I remember stating that Mazinkaiser (I am sure not many of you know this series and that's a shame) is in fact stronger then Eva unit 01 and someone went nuts about it. If your going to debate, know both parties before you make accusations.

Narutards are no better. Ever hear the entire Kakashi could beat Goku in a fight theory? Its pretty funny. Then when the fan boy finally realizes he is beaten, he reaches for his "trump card". "Well that sounds kinda sucky, then the thing can't be beaten and the show must be boring."


ok?.. what about evangelion again?


the part where I bring up how I can't take it seriously because of its constant mind raping attempts, or the part where the fanboys think its essentially god?
226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
I don't mind fans, its fanatics I hate. I swear some of them are stoking my IP
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.