First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Most Overrated Character(s)
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 6/3/09 , edited 6/5/09
I would start a poll, but unfortunately, polls can only be posted in the polls section. And it's not like I can post a Naruto-related thread in the polls section either, so here it goes:

For me, definately Hinata! I mean, there is no reason she should be as popular as she is (Sorry Hinata fans). Ok, I didn't hate her in the original Naruto series b/c she was the only one that liked Naruto, I can understand that. But ever since Shippuden, she's become hyped to death! I don't mind people calling, her cute, shy, nice, or kind. But hot or sexy is where I draw the line! I mean, seriously, does she even seem like that type of person? I don't think so! And that sweater makes her look fat and dumpy, not attractive! I'm sorry, but she just does not look good now. The hair and the boobs just do not suit her. She looked better when she was 12. And she's very plain looking compared to some of the other girls. Those who actually think she's hot needs their eyesight checked! And for those of you who think she is underrated: BULLSHIT! I think these threads will tell you otherwise. And what's this about her not getting enough screentime? Give me a break! She gets way more screentime than Tenten or Temari! What about them, huh?! The problem is she wastes up all the screentime she gets! And I don't think she's as powerful as people make her out to be. Just because she has a kekei genkai, you assume she's this ravin' powerhouse?! Well, I still say she's weak. Don't forget, her Byakugan is much weaker than Neji's and I say it puts her at average at best. And when has she ever defeated an enemy?! Sure, she keeps saying she's gonna get stronger for Naruto. But sometimes just words isn't enough! You gotta back it up! And I haven't seen much improvement out of her yet. I'm sorry, but her skills are just not as impressive as a lot of the other cool ninjas in the show. So I really don't understand what the big fuss is about! She AND Orihime from Bleach are both...pathetic. I'd probably hate her less if she wasn't so overrated.

(Note: This is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, but PLEASE don't flame me! It' s annoying! So let's try to keep it clean, people).

So who do you think is overrated?
305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / House
Offline
Posted 6/3/09
Overrated huh...

Male:Sasuke... yeah ryt.

Female: Hinata--- because she is really cool and beautiful! She deserve those ratings! I totally liked her rather than that Sakura. Don't bother compare her to Orihime because really Orihime sucks! She shows an important role in the series. The best character on Naruto series!~
Member
799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 6/4/09
Overrated? umm...

Well, I really like everyone but let me see...

Hinata totally annoys me, but I guess that's just her character. But I would like it if she became stronger.

I like Sasuke, I don't think he's overrated. I think many Naruto fans just don't like him because he betrayed Konoha, but there has to be a villan in every story that will push to the limit. His story is by far the most interesting one aside from Naruto.

That's just my opinion.
Member
1770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Dullsville
Offline
Posted 6/5/09
I also like Sasuke, and I don't think that 'overrated' is the best word to describe him. He isn't talked about constantly any more, in my opinion, considering the new developments in the current manga. Sasuke is just. . .Sasuke. I guess some people are still vying for him to suddenly love his old friends again and go back to Konoha, which is highly unlikely at this point. I think people also like discussing Sasuke because they are trying to figure out if that mentioned ideal - him returning - could actually ever happen.

A character who is terribly overrated: Jiraiya. What great things did he even do? He's tolerable but not the best sensei or the best ninja out of the 3 sanin (*cough-Tsunade-cough*).
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 6/5/09 , edited 6/5/09

VeganVampire107 wrote:

I also like Sasuke, and I don't think that 'overrated' is the best word to describe him. He isn't talked about constantly any more, in my opinion, considering the new developments in the current manga. Sasuke is just. . .Sasuke. I guess some people are still vying for him to suddenly love his old friends again and go back to Konoha, which is highly unlikely at this point. I think people also like discussing Sasuke because they are trying to figure out if that mentioned ideal - him returning - could actually ever happen.

A character who is terribly overrated: Jiraiya. What great things did he even do? He's tolerable but not the best sensei or the best ninja out of the 3 sanin (*cough-Tsunade-cough*).


You know: you do have a point about Sasuke (I've suppose I've been looking at too many forums). I guess he's not as popular as he use to be ever since he went to the dark side.But I would say that he is pretty controversial right now. You either love him or hate him. I still don't like him, though. Never did from the get-go. Although I almost feel bad for the guy (note the word ALMOST)

And I love Jiraiya! He's funny!

(cough) But anyway, I officially vote Hinata as the most overrated character!
Posted 6/8/09
You know most Naruto characters are pretty much over-hated. Though I do agree Hinata's waaaay over-loved. She's just your typical, spoony, squealing girl. And there's a looooot of other anime charas out there who act like she does. And turns out she does well on her missions just to impress Naruto. Typical. Spoony. That's what she is. Nothing special. Her so-called cuteness is even waaaaaaay more annoying than Sakura's uselessness.
4645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 6/8/09
LOL, even so I still like Hinata but I do see your point she is overly loved by most of the Naruto fans. It is just most want to see Naruto get with someone who always backed him up, and not changed there opionon of him mid series like Sakura. This is a tough subject for who is most over-rated but have we really seen what she can do in Shippuden, I think not. although she is over-rated at least she wasn't useless for more then half the Series, like Sakura was, no offense to the Sakura fans, but Sakura didn't become useful til Shippuden.

But I do say the most over-rated Character in Naruto is in fact Hinata.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 6/13/09

harvzliar wrote:

Overrated huh...

Male:Sasuke... yeah ryt.

Female: Hinata--- because she is really cool and beautiful! She deserve those ratings! I totally liked her rather than that Sakura. Don't bother compare her to Orihime because really Orihime sucks! She shows an important role in the series. The best character on Naruto series!~


305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / House
Offline
Posted 6/14/09

lolitaninja wrote:


harvzliar wrote:

Overrated huh...

Male:Sasuke... yeah ryt.

Female: Hinata--- because she is really cool and beautiful! She deserve those ratings! I totally liked her rather than that Sakura. Don't bother compare her to Orihime because really Orihime sucks! She shows an important role in the series. The best character on Naruto series!~




ahhaha i like the pic xDDD

btw... i still like Hinata~
Member
8043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Away from you sta...
Offline
Posted 6/22/09

lolitaninja wrote:

I would start a poll, but unfortunately, polls can only be posted in the polls section. And it's not like I can post a Naruto-related thread in the polls section either, so here it goes:

For me, definately Hinata! I mean, there is no reason she should be as popular as she is (Sorry Hinata fans). Ok, I didn't hate her in the original Naruto series b/c she was the only one that liked Naruto, I can understand that. But ever since Shippuden, she's become hyped to death! I don't mind people calling, her cute, shy, nice, or kind. But hot or sexy is where I draw the line! I mean, seriously, does she even seem like that type of person? I don't think so! And that sweater makes her look fat and dumpy, not attractive! I'm sorry, but she just does not look good now. The hair and the boobs just do not suit her. She looked better when she was 12. And she's very plain looking compared to some of the other girls. Those who actually think she's hot needs their eyesight checked! And for those of you who think she is underrated: BULLSHIT! I think these threads will tell you otherwise. And what's this about her not getting enough screentime? Give me a break! She gets way more screentime than Tenten or Temari! What about them, huh?! The problem is she wastes up all the screentime she gets! And I don't think she's as powerful as people make her out to be. Just because she has a kekei genkai, you assume she's this ravin' powerhouse?! Well, I still say she's weak. Don't forget, her Byakugan is much weaker than Neji's and I say it puts her at average at best. And when has she ever defeated an enemy?! Sure, she keeps saying she's gonna get stronger for Naruto. But sometimes just words isn't enough! You gotta back it up! And I haven't seen much improvement out of her yet. I'm sorry, but her skills are just not as impressive as a lot of the other cool ninjas in the show. So I really don't understand what the big fuss is about! She AND Orihime from Bleach are both...pathetic. I'd probably hate her less if she wasn't so overrated.

(Note: This is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, but PLEASE don't flame me! It' s annoying! So let's try to keep it clean, people).

So who do you think is overrated?


oh haha!
wow!
Well people have difernt
opinions...
lol
Member
8043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Away from you sta...
Offline
Posted 6/23/09


Oh and one thing for sure....
Sakura's the very same.
Member
773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UT
Offline
Posted 7/6/09


For me, definately Hinata! I mean, there is no reason she should be as popular as she is (Sorry Hinata fans). Ok, I didn't hate her in the original Naruto series b/c she was the only one that liked Naruto, I can understand that. But ever since Shippuden, she's become hyped to death! I don't mind people calling, her cute, shy, nice, or kind. But hot or sexy is where I draw the line! I mean, seriously, does she even seem like that type of person? I don't think so! And that sweater makes her look fat and dumpy, not attractive! I'm sorry, but she just does not look good now. The hair and the boobs just do not suit her. She looked better when she was 12. And she's very plain looking compared to some of the other girls. Those who actually think she's hot needs their eyesight checked! And for those of you who think she is underrated: BULLSHIT! I think these threads will tell you otherwise. And what's this about her not getting enough screentime? Give me a break! She gets way more screentime than Tenten or Temari! What about them, huh?! The problem is she wastes up all the screentime she gets! And I don't think she's as powerful as people make her out to be. Just because she has a kekei genkai, you assume she's this ravin' powerhouse?! Well, I still say she's weak. Don't forget, her Byakugan is much weaker than Neji's and I say it puts her at average at best. And when has she ever defeated an enemy?! Sure, she keeps saying she's gonna get stronger for Naruto. But sometimes just words isn't enough! You gotta back it up! And I haven't seen much improvement out of her yet. I'm sorry, but her skills are just not as impressive as a lot of the other cool ninjas in the show. So I really don't understand what the big fuss is about! She AND Orihime from Bleach are both...pathetic. I'd probably hate her less if she wasn't so overrated.


i think people like hinata because they feel sorry for her

3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

shikawesomaru wrote:



For me, definately Hinata! I mean, there is no reason she should be as popular as she is (Sorry Hinata fans). Ok, I didn't hate her in the original Naruto series b/c she was the only one that liked Naruto, I can understand that. But ever since Shippuden, she's become hyped to death! I don't mind people calling, her cute, shy, nice, or kind. But hot or sexy is where I draw the line! I mean, seriously, does she even seem like that type of person? I don't think so! And that sweater makes her look fat and dumpy, not attractive! I'm sorry, but she just does not look good now. The hair and the boobs just do not suit her. She looked better when she was 12. And she's very plain looking compared to some of the other girls. Those who actually think she's hot needs their eyesight checked! And for those of you who think she is underrated: BULLSHIT! I think these threads will tell you otherwise. And what's this about her not getting enough screentime? Give me a break! She gets way more screentime than Tenten or Temari! What about them, huh?! The problem is she wastes up all the screentime she gets! And I don't think she's as powerful as people make her out to be. Just because she has a kekei genkai, you assume she's this ravin' powerhouse?! Well, I still say she's weak. Don't forget, her Byakugan is much weaker than Neji's and I say it puts her at average at best. And when has she ever defeated an enemy?! Sure, she keeps saying she's gonna get stronger for Naruto. But sometimes just words isn't enough! You gotta back it up! And I haven't seen much improvement out of her yet. I'm sorry, but her skills are just not as impressive as a lot of the other cool ninjas in the show. So I really don't understand what the big fuss is about! She AND Orihime from Bleach are both...pathetic. I'd probably hate her less if she wasn't so overrated.


i think people like hinata because they feel sorry for her



LOL! Yes, that must be it!
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/7/09

poet-val247 wrote:

I like Sasuke, I don't think he's overrated. I think many Naruto fans just don't like him because he betrayed Konoha, but there has to be a villan in every story that will push to the limit. His story is by far the most interesting one aside from Naruto.

That's just my opinion.


Totally agree^ :)) Well ok, I'm not sure if it's the most interesting, but truthfully speaking, for me, I think it was my most anticipated arc of the story. Out of all the climactic and dramatic points, his and Itachi's encounter...you know what I mean, it was the only one that made me cry. So yeah, right now, that's also currently what I find most interesting.


VeganVampire107 wrote:

I also like Sasuke, and I don't think that 'overrated' is the best word to describe him. He isn't talked about constantly any more, in my opinion, considering the new developments in the current manga. Sasuke is just. . .Sasuke. I guess some people are still vying for him to suddenly love his old friends again and go back to Konoha, which is highly unlikely at this point. I think people also like discussing Sasuke because they are trying to figure out if that mentioned ideal - him returning - could actually ever happen.


Haha I'm one of those people vying for that to happen(Sasuke returning and possibly..)


JCossey wrote:

LOL, even so I still like Hinata but I do see your point she is overly loved by most of the Naruto fans. It is just most want to see Naruto get with someone who always backed him up, and not changed there opionon of him mid series like Sakura. This is a tough subject for who is most over-rated but have we really seen what she can do in Shippuden, I think not. although she is over-rated at least she wasn't useless for more then half the Series, like Sakura was, no offense to the Sakura fans, but Sakura didn't become useful til Shippuden.

But I do say the most over-rated Character in Naruto is in fact Hinata.


Hrm..I don't think Sakura changing her opinion of Naruto is a bad thing. I mean, ..isn't it a typical example of why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover? And most of the time, don't we change our opinions of a person as we get to know them better, I think it's the same case with Sakura.

Anyway, most over-rated character for me would be..
Right now I can't think of anyone haha
But if what you say is true(about people saying how sexy Hinata is..blah blah blah)..er..I guess she would be a possible candidate of being one?

Personally I don't think I truly hate any of the Naruto characters. They all seem ok for me.
Member
1770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Dullsville
Offline
Posted 7/10/09

lolitaninja wrote:
You know: you do have a point about Sasuke (I've suppose I've been looking at too many forums). I guess he's not as popular as he use to be ever since he went to the dark side.But I would say that he is pretty controversial right now. You either love him or hate him. I still don't like him, though. Never did from the get-go. Although I almost feel bad for the guy (note the word ALMOST)

And I love Jiraiya! He's funny!

(cough) But anyway, I officially vote Hinata as the most overrated character!


Well that's true. Hinata is very cute and kind but she's too overrated. I don't understand why Kishimoto never heightened her abilities even throughout the fillers. She always acts like the damsel in distress, or something. I don't really understand her in that way. It's almost like, stick up for yourself more than once in a while!!

And I get what you mean about Sasuke, with either just liking him or only hating him. He's a really polarizing character, haha. ;)) But it's okay that you don't like him, I know a lot of people really don't.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.