First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Most Overrated Character(s)
4645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 5/14/11
most likely be in the next year or two.
Member
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The USA
Offline
Posted 6/2/11
sorry to say this, but saske and sakura are so overratted. saskues ugly and a total emo. Sakura can hit thingss and heal, not well either.
Posted 6/11/11

There are no "overratred" characters. Sure there are common fan favorites but people are allowed to choose who they prefer. Just because a character is popular doesn't make them overrated. Every character has a purpose and a personality, that's why Kishi put them in this great story.
38213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/11/11

gamergurl21 wrote:


There are no "overratred" characters. Sure there are common fan favorites but people are allowed to choose who they prefer. Just because a character is popular doesn't make them overrated. Every character has a purpose and a personality, that's why Kishi put them in this great story.


Wow, that's a lot like a comment I put in earlier on this topic. However, yours does add more detail to it so I like your version better.
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/11
i would have agree with gamergurl21 everyone has a favorite......i personally like sasuke but thats just me....
Posted 6/11/11

slaschur wrote:


gamergurl21 wrote:


There are no "overratred" characters. Sure there are common fan favorites but people are allowed to choose who they prefer. Just because a character is popular doesn't make them overrated. Every character has a purpose and a personality, that's why Kishi put them in this great story.


Wow, that's a lot like a comment I put in earlier on this topic. However, yours does add more detail to it so I like your version better. :)



Oh I hadn't seen it lol but thank you :3
968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/11
Overrated Characters :

Naruto - He has an incredibly small pool of moves, he lacks intelligence and is far too emotional. His only accomplishment throughout this entire series is Sage mode. I've heard of making a character naive, but Kishi exaggerated Naruto's stupidity. His fans seem endless even though he hasn't done anything besides beat Pein, thanks to Hinata. He spends two years learning how to make a bigger Rasengan while it takes him less than a month to master Sage mode, and Rasenshuriken. Something doesn't right with that. His "complex" strategy of : Clone, Clone, Rasengan, repeat has gotten old but people still worship the ground he walks on.

Sakura - People seem to love her because how much she changed in Shippuuden. She went from being completely useless to being useless after the first 30 episodes of Shippuuden. Her amazing fight where she beat Sasori, thanks to Chiyo, was the only productive thing she has done. She lets her emotions blind her judgement. She hasn't gotten over the one person that has attempted to kill her. She comes up with a stupid lie. Knocks out her teammates in order to make herself completely defenseless against an Uchiha. Then she has to be saved twice. All in less than 10 chapters, I believe. Great character, right? I can see why she's so loved.

Pein - He's seen as a god, but he's easily swayed. A few words from Naruto and he revives everyone that he just spent his time killing?
38213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/12/11

xBlueCrayon wrote:

Overrated Characters :

Naruto - He has an incredibly small pool of moves, he lacks intelligence and is far too emotional. His only accomplishment throughout this entire series is Sage mode. I've heard of making a character naive, but Kishi exaggerated Naruto's stupidity. His fans seem endless even though he hasn't done anything besides beat Pein, thanks to Hinata. He spends two years learning how to make a bigger Rasengan while it takes him less than a month to master Sage mode, and Rasenshuriken. Something doesn't right with that. His "complex" strategy of : Clone, Clone, Rasengan, repeat has gotten old but people still worship the ground he walks on.

Sakura - People seem to love her because how much she changed in Shippuuden. She went from being completely useless to being useless after the first 30 episodes of Shippuuden. Her amazing fight where she beat Sasori, thanks to Chiyo, was the only productive thing she has done. She lets her emotions blind her judgement. She hasn't gotten over the one person that has attempted to kill her. She comes up with a stupid lie. Knocks out her teammates in order to make herself completely defenseless against an Uchiha. Then she has to be saved twice. All in less than 10 chapters, I believe. Great character, right? I can see why she's so loved.

Pein - He's seen as a god, but he's easily swayed. A few words from Naruto and he revives everyone that he just spent his time killing?


Clearly you're not a person who sees things from other's perspectives in an attempt to understand their reasonings. :P

There's one very simple reason why Naruto was able to master Rasenshruiken and Sage Mode faster than 'two years on Odama Rasengan': Shadow Clones. By assigning 200 shadow clones to practice things like manipulating Wind Nature, vastly cutting down the time needed to practice such things. He had four shadow clones working on collecting Nature Chakra, dividing the time spent by 4. Besides, he didn't just spend 2 years learning Odama Rasengan, he also learned to be a better fighter, if you notice he is now kinda ripped and has better Taijutsu, speculated in the Anime. He is also more efficient with his Shadow Clones, now only creating 10 maximum instead of the hundreds before.

You're saying his clones and Rasengan tactic is getting old, and yet he continues to come up with new ways to take down his opponents and catch them off guard in the most unlikely of times. Before Pain had him beat, he managed to take out 5 of 6 paths, and he had used up his Sage Mode at a critical point. Hinata came down to rescue him because she loved him, because she saw him as a source of inspiration to stop giving up too easily, and what's more he's beaten sense into people like Neji and Gaara, the latter is now head of a village. Even when faced with very small odds, he still shouts out his truth, his beliefs and refuses to back down, showing that (yes he is a bit foolish, that's blatantly obvious so people don't have to say that over and over, it's getting old) he has true bravery.

I could go on, but I'll now just move on to Sakura. Sakura has been pretty useless times, even she admits that. But she has an important role in missions, she is a medical-nin and therefore it is her job to avoid getting hurt and preserve her chakra so she can heal wounded and save lives. She isn't needd every time, which is why she seems to be useless but does any of the characters have foresight into whether a medical-nin is needed or not? No. Besides, she often has teammates like Naruto and Kakashi, a Jinchuuriki and a genious with an inherited Sharingan. Why should she be needed in battle when people like them are more specialised for combat and not healing. Yes, Chiyo did help Sakura against Sasori, but when she lost the use of one of her arms, Sakura was still able to dodge his attacks and even managed to deceive him into thinking she was incapacitated, allowing her to destroy the Third Kazekage puppet.

How many of you here have tried to picture it yourself: someone who you have admired and looked up to becomes a criminal, and in a short period of time they've kidnapped someone and joined the most dangerous organisation in the world. Ever wondered how such a thing would affect you? It varies from person to person, so I can't really say the right way to feel about it. Sakura felt bad that she had to rely on others all the time, which is why she carefully selected a team that would help her find Sasuke but could be tricked and taken out. She didn't want anyone else to have to bear the burden of killing Sasuke and she truly felt capable of doing it, but you never really know if you can do anything until you actually get to the place. In Sakura's case, she wasn't prepared for Sasuke to attack her like that, and then when she was holding the knife behind his back, she broke down, she couldn't do it. Ever tried to imagine what it would be like if you had to kill someone you really cared about? Don't try too hard though. :P

Moving on to Pain, or rather Nagato. Nagato had obviously been corrupted by Madara, who took advantage of his suffering and turned him into a dangerous fighter. He thought there was no way to end the world's conflicts than using a weapon that would point it out to people. This had been bolstered over time, and he forgot about the importance of what Jiraya told him. When Naruto took down all of his paths of Pain (yes, he did have help, we know) and then confonted Nagato himself, Naruto helped remind him of the true meaning behind his wishes to end conflicts and I think Nagato saw what so many people fail to see: that Naruto isn't just some naive idiot who everyone hates, that he actually has a voice and the actual means to cleansing hate from the world. Nagato then probably felt really bad about all of the people he killed, and he thought that bringing them back would help make Naruto be listened to and that is why he ended his life the way he did.

No, I don't worship the ground Naruto steps on, it's probably dirty from blood or Ramen or half the time the ground he walks on gets obliterated in the heat of an intense battle. I would much rather spend my time (if I was in the story) charging in to battle with him, kicking every backside that my boot can reach and be back home in time for lunch.

I hope that helps clear things up, these lectures that I churn out are getting rediculously long.
2412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Mile High City
Offline
Posted 6/13/11
Yeah.. probably Hinata. As much as I like her, she hasn't really done anything significant in the storyline (other than saving Naruto and triggering his kyuubi form, and even then she was still pretty pathetic..). Like sure, maybe she's "proven herself" in the anime.. But fillers don't count ;O. But, heck, she's pretty awesome in NUNS2 :9
Member
136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Israel
Offline
Posted 6/15/11
When you say "overrated", I assume you're referring to the strength, and skills.
I used to think Naruto's power was overrated. I mean c'mon, before Shippuden came out how many jutsus did he had? 1? 2? (3 if you count the Sexy Jutsu) The Kage Bunshin No Jutsu that he has been using almost every single episode, and the Uzumaki Rendan \ Lion Combo Taijutsu attack he learned from Sasuka and Lee? That's it. When Jiraiya tought him the Ransengan my first thought was "Thank god! Finally something new"... even now on Shippuden, I still think his power is still a bit overrated. It takes a lot of time and concentration to active the Sennin Mode, and once he do, he can only use the Rasen-Shuriken one times before it drains all his chakra and he returns to his normal form
(if I'm not mistaken). So yeah, That's just my opinion.
Member
34052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/15/11
Haruno Sakura, my god she is by far the most annoying character I have encountered. Aside from them giving her supreme healing jutsu (that she BARELY even uses) she's a hindrance. She's so obsessed with Sasuke it's sad to watch. She wasn't even kind to Naruto in the beginning and found him to be annoying until he saved her life. Her attitude is annoying, all she does is get in the way, and she relies on Naruto way to much. I try, to this day, so hard to like her but quite simply I can't. She even went as far as telling Naruto that she loved him to try to get him to forget about Sasuke, I know why she did it, but that's never okay. When those words came out of her mouth and tried to manipulate Naruto in that way I forever put her in my bad books. She doesn't deserve to be as close to Naruto as she is. She couldn't even kill Sasuke when she had the chance even though she had so much "resolve".
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 8/23/11
I think it's Sasuke.
Member
17398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
SoFla
Offline
Posted 8/31/11 , edited 8/31/11

xBlueCrayon wrote:

Overrated Characters :

Naruto - He has an incredibly small pool of moves, he lacks intelligence and is far too emotional. His only accomplishment throughout this entire series is Sage mode. I've heard of making a character naive, but Kishi exaggerated Naruto's stupidity. His fans seem endless even though he hasn't done anything besides beat Pein, thanks to Hinata. He spends two years learning how to make a bigger Rasengan while it takes him less than a month to master Sage mode, and Rasenshuriken. Something doesn't right with that. His "complex" strategy of : Clone, Clone, Rasengan, repeat has gotten old but people still worship the ground he walks on.

Sakura - People seem to love her because how much she changed in Shippuuden. She went from being completely useless to being useless after the first 30 episodes of Shippuuden. Her amazing fight where she beat Sasori, thanks to Chiyo, was the only productive thing she has done. She lets her emotions blind her judgement. She hasn't gotten over the one person that has attempted to kill her. She comes up with a stupid lie. Knocks out her teammates in order to make herself completely defenseless against an Uchiha. Then she has to be saved twice. All in less than 10 chapters, I believe. Great character, right? I can see why she's so loved.

Pein - He's seen as a god, but he's easily swayed. A few words from Naruto and he revives everyone that he just spent his time killing?


I have to disagree with you on Naruto and Pain. The thing with Naruto is not that everyone worships that ground he walks on. In fact I don't think anybody does. It's something else altogether. It's true, his methods are boring and unoriginal and the only reason they work is because of the massive amount of chakra that he has (not the ninetail's). He is not as dumb as he looks although he does and says lots of stupid things. This is part of the style he adopted as the comic relief type because that was his only way to get other's attention when no one else wanted anything to do with him. The other part is that he often get's too emotional way too fast which is why he often appears as unintelligent. The thing about him though is that he get's to people. People tend to want to place his bets on him. That is his true power not the ninetail's chakra or his chakra and it's not sage mode either. To many (viewers and characters), he represents the courage to believe and never give up.

(Btw, the reason Naruto was able learn the rasenshuriken and sage mode so fast is because of the special training method that Kakashi taught him using his clones)

As for Pain or Nagato, he was mostly not convinced by what Naruto was saying until the very end when Naruto said that line from pervy sage's book. Naruto did not know this but it was Nagato who first said that line to Jiraiya while he was still training. When Nagato heard the line from Naruto it wasn't just words or memories anymore. It carried with it the same energy that Nagato had when he first said it to Jiraiya and so he reverted back to the same person he used to be before Yahiko died. Remember that Nagato was not really a bad person to begin with. He was bitter at the world because of the way he grow up and the final straw to him was when Yahiko died.

About Sakura though I have to agree with you 100%. I didn't like her much before Shippuden but she was "ok." Then she was just plain amazing during the first season of Shippuden and her fight with Sasori. Unfortunately it was no sooner that the first season ended that she went back to being the lame Sakura she's always has been. She even became a lot worse later on when she told Naruto that she loved him. Right now in the manga she doing somewhat better and proving her usefulness a bit but it's not enough to sway my opinion about her.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/11
Sakura. She's just plain annoying.
4645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/1/11


well said Slascher


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.