First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
11-Year-Old Graduates From LA College
4463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / someplace boring.
Offline
Posted 6/6/09
Awsome
7895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~_
Offline
Posted 6/6/09
wow....
he must be really smart...
Posted 6/6/09 , edited 6/6/09

tw1zted wrote:

Video games help humanity, how do you think the Japanese made all that money?

For a smart kid he's pretty fucking dumb.


Indeed.

One thing that made me curious, though, is...how did he manage to get into a college at such a young age? Where I live, I've never heard of such a possibility. You can't go to college until you've finished grammar school, or middle school. Unless he skipped grade school and finished primary and middle school early there's no f*cking possibility for him to get into a college, at least where I live...I think a lot of pushing is coming from his parental side. Extreme pushing. But yeah, I wish I would have had the possibility to go to college that early to just focus on the subjects I wanted to focus on, which was languages, art, religion, culture and history. Sucks that I had to waste so many years on subjects I didn't even care for. =|
Posted 6/6/09

kaorustrikes wrote:

Moshe Kai Cavalin, 11, graduates with honors from East Los Angeles Community College with an Associate Arts degree in Liberal Studies this week, but just don't call him a genius.

"I consider myself a regular kid who works hard and does his best," says this only child of a Taiwanese mother and an Israeli father.

When Cavalin started college at the age of 8, he may have been the youngest person in class, but he ended up tutoring some of his 19- and 20-year-old classmates in math and science. Cavalin was one of 3 in the school graduating with a 4.0 GPA.

Astrophysics is his passion. Albert Einstein and Bruce Lee are among his idols.

Yet like a twist out of a Hollywood action flick, Cavalin combines his exceptional smarts with fearsome martial arts abilities: The preteen has won numerous national martial arts championships.

Up next for the tireless boy wonder: In the next take six months to a year he plans to devote himself to martial arts, write a book for kids on how to succeed in school, and take up scuba diving.

Not on the agenda: playing video games.

"I feel it's a waste of time playing video games because it's not helping humanity in any way," says the 11-year-old, who wants to use his knowledge to change the world.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/11-Year-Old-Graduates-From-LA-College.html?yhp=1


He was in a community college. The standards of excellence of that place is probably mediocre compared to Harvard or Yale. Come on now.
Not to mention, in a community college, perfect attendance record is also considered as a grade (mostly part of a major grade).
Thus, they have to take the students' attendance in order for the government to keep sending them funds.

So yea. Not impress about that article.

To soften the blow, there's a teacher in my high school (a public school) who graduated from Harvard.
Imagine that, a Harvard alumni who ended up teaching in a public school. pfft.
Not to mention, my high school is a C- school (due to results of FCAT).
2540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/6/09
Omigosh!!! That kid is REALLY smart!!!
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 6/6/09

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


hikobuf wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:

Sounds like a total nerd.


If you haven't noticed this is a site where you watch anime and dramas so technically everyone here is consider a nerd,geek w/e there called. including you miss.


There's a fine line. And besides, I don't watch dramas here often. I spend most of my time having an actual life.


Posted 6/6/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


tw1zted wrote:

Video games help humanity, how do you think the Japanese made all that money?

For a smart kid he's pretty fucking dumb.


Indeed.

One thing that made me curious, though, is...how did he manage to get into a college at such a young age? Where I live, I've never heard of such a possibility. You can't go to college until you've finished grammar school, or middle school. Unless he skipped grade school and finished primary and middle school early there's no f*cking possibility for him to get into a college, at least where I live...I think a lot of pushing is coming from his parental side. Extreme pushing. But yeah, I wish I would have had the possibility to go to college that early to just focus on the subjects I wanted to focus on, which was languages, art, religion, culture and history. Sucks that I had to waste so many years on subjects I didn't even care for. =|


Actually, there's this called "dual enrollment." You could take "college courses / program" while at the same time you're also attending middle school or high school. In other words, the person not only goes to middle school / high school but also goes to college in the same day.

Hmm... come to think of it, maybe this child is home schooled (on classes that regular students take in middle school and high school), so he has the whole time to actually take classes in a community college.



This student should have failed already. I bet this student cannot even meet the requirements to pass his Physical Education classes. Like anybody else, this 11 year old kid must run 1 mile in under 12 minutes to pass the class. hahaha j/k joke joke
779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Chair,home,near t...
Offline
Posted 6/6/09 , edited 6/6/09

and wow!! Super kid!!! He can do martial arts AND physics???!!! wooow!
Posted 6/6/09

kyoukoujin wrote:
Actually, there's this called "dual enrollment." You could take "college courses / program" while at the same time you're also attending middle school or high school. In other words, the person not only goes to middle school / high school but also goes to college in the same day.

Hmm... come to think of it, maybe this child is home schooled (on classes that regular students take in middle school and high school), so he has the whole time to actually take classes in a community college.



This student should have failed already. I bet this student cannot even meet the requirements to pass his Physical Education classes. Like anybody else, this 11 year old kid must run 1 mile in under 12 minutes to pass the class. hahaha j/k joke joke


Ah, of that I heard, too. I just thought the article made it sound as if he's only going to College, ergo the aforesaid post. Thanks for the info
Posted 6/6/09
And here I am in college, a whole eight years older than this boy >.> Lucky b-tard
449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / candy mountian
Offline
Posted 6/6/09
heard this on the news this morning.
i feel bad for the people that graduated with him, now there's something to destroy your dignity.
makes me feel like a failure. :)
Posted 6/6/09
wow this kid is something else, i can not even imagine how he manage to absorb all that information at such a tender age.
Posted 6/6/09
OMG!! no kidding....
When I was at his age, all i did is play, watch tv, deal with my stupid homework for the sake of passing in grade school and without caring about the world and didnt even care about humanity etc.... LOL... I plainly cared about my own little world.....
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/6/09
He should be the next Albert Einstein
1067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/09

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


hikobuf wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:

Sounds like a total nerd.


If you haven't noticed this is a site where you watch anime and dramas so technically everyone here is consider a nerd,geek w/e there called. including you miss.


There's a fine line. And besides, I don't watch dramas here often. I spend most of my time having an actual life.


Right...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.