First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Drinking Too Much Water Is Dangerous
Posted 6/9/09
On January 12, 2007, a 28-year old Californian wife and mother of three children died from drinking too much water. Her body was found in her home shortly after she took part in a water-drinking contest that was sponsored by a local radio show. Entitled "Hold Your Wee For A Wii," the contest promoters promised a free Wii video game machine to the contestant who drank the most water without urinating.
1528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles 626 a...
Offline
Posted 6/9/09
Drinking too much water isnt dangerous, it's not going to the restroom is dangerous.
10304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/09
So basically... she drowned? o_o
25615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
..somewhere in yo...
Offline
Posted 6/9/09
..yeah, drinking too much H2O is not bad, not going to the comfort room to urinate is..
1081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / infront of my com...
Offline
Posted 6/9/09
it's sad because they died...

it's hilarious because they died of not peeing >.<
LOL

but still...that contest was pretty stupid.... -___________-'
Posted 6/9/09
Old news . .
7895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~_
Offline
Posted 6/9/09

626CaliKiDD wrote:

Drinking too much water isnt dangerous, it's not going to the restroom is dangerous.


agreed.
3568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Australia :] woo.
Offline
Posted 6/9/09
I heard about this ages ago;
:/ sounds like a stupid contest.
didnt the organizers of the comp know the risk?
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 6/9/09 , edited 6/9/09

626CaliKiDD wrote:

Drinking too much water isnt dangerous, it's not going to the restroom is dangerous.


actually it is it's called water intoxication

Water intoxication (also known as 'hyper-hydration' or water poisoning) is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits by over-consumption of water. Normal, healthy (both physically and nutritionally) individuals have little to worry about accidentally consuming too much water. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests, in which individuals attempt to consume more than 10 liters (2.2 imp gal; 2.6 U.S. gal) of water over the course of just a few minutes, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet massive amounts of fluid are still consumed.

wikipedia.org
21529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
yeahhh i think it's true....
i read something like that
last year i think?
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
thats true..

too much is bad

just like if you drink too much water..

you might get water intoxication...

it is like being drowned^^
8119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
ok one question how would the people on radio know how much they drank?
4526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
so...her bladder burst or something?but isn't the contest about holding your wee?so she didn't need to drink much water at all.
2395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / here on earth...h...
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
nope...your bladder will just burst out!!!haha...
4046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
104 / F / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
Did you know there is such a thing as water toxification? Someone can get so addicted to water, they will drink too much, just like an alcoholic will, even if it means they drink it from the toilet, and by drinking too much, will dilute the electrolytes in their system and cause them to have medical problems? Water Tox is a real thing, folks, and nothing to laugh at.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.