First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
England the Aggressor
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/09 , edited 6/13/09
Every major world power has something to be ashamed of somewhere in its history. Germany, a wonderfully advanced civilization, systematically murdered millions of people. Japan, another advanced society, assisted them in their campaign. Russia fought against the Nazi Regime, but the communists were hardly humanitarians themselves. America is one of the easiest targets to attack simply because it seems to sit in the limelight more than any other nation. Most of our land was stolen from the Native Americans. We essentially made fraudulent claims to steal Florida. With some provocation we robbed Mexico of Texas. We brought slavery to its highest peak, and even legalized partial birth abortion.

America also went through a period of Imperialism, as did most major powers today. However, in the history of mankind no nation has taken it as far as England. Even when other world powers were modernizing their politics England hung to its racist warmongering, nationalism, and imperialism. Well into the twentieth century it was literally invading and colonizing other nations against the will of its denizens. By 1922 the British Empire covered a full quarter of the Earth’s land surface, and had forced an entire quarter of the human population to subject itself to English apartheid mostly against their will.

Much of Africa was actually under the control of the United Kingdom in the mid-to-late-1900 hundreds. Some of it remains in this condition today. Ghana, what used to be the Gold Cost, was the first former British colony to attain its independence from the United Kingdom’s forced colonization. Almost immediately after conquering the Ashanti people in the Gold cost the British placed their home under the rule of the queen and exiled their chief. Sir Frederick Hodgson, the royally placed governor, then proceeded to demand the Ashanti let him defile a sacred relic of their religion. It was a golden stool said to house the souls of the righteous dead, and he wanted to sit on it. Naturally they protested, but being a representative of the Queen and England-the greatest nation ever-he refused to listen.

An Ashanti woman, the mother of their exiled chief, immediately led a rebellion. She rallied twelve thousand persecuted Africans and forced the British regiments out of her homeland. Enraged that these people would actually expect to live their lives as free human beings, the British then sent a massive armada under the leadership of Major James Willcocks to butcher their women, children, and warriors alike; raze their villages, and generally massacre anybody who wasn’t white.

Now, England’s a modern nation, advanced, and liberal nation! It no longer clings to notions that it holds a privileged position over western nations because of its history. Hell, its denizens aren’t even diluted into believing that their minute military can compete with America’s. They certainly don’t believe that their troops are literally better than the troops of every other nation and that the American military is a poorly trained squabble in comparison. This crap ended well before WWII!

Surely this persecution was all at least two or three hundred years ago, right? Wrong, Ghana did not find liberation from English apartheid until 1957. Again, this is the –first- to be liberated. England is still occupying foreign territory in Africa to this day. That’s not even to get me started on the Irish ‘terrorists,’ who continue fighting to reclaim Northern Ireland and united their people.

It’s not only Africa. Australia, Canada, and New Zealand are all common wealth states today because of the British presence in their nation at some point earlier in their history. This presence was far from friendly, despite what the British public schools seem to teach. The Flagstaff War began in New Zealand when the United Kingdom hoisted its flag in the town of Kororareka. Some of the locals, who refused to submit, felled the flag. It was erected, felled, erected, felled, erected, felled, erected and reinforced with iron and then guarded by armed soldiers with the orders to kill any of those dam natives who dared come near the great British flag. After all, the natives had lived there for thousands of years…but they didn’t have a flag so they were a ‘savage tribe.’

This wasn’t some stray military leader acting of his personal accord; though it was military enforced tyranny otherwise known as fascism. The House of Commons itself came together and decided to slaughter the locals. After all, they had absolutely no right to oppose foreign occupiers trying to take over their land.

Well, the locals were luckily warned by traveling missionaries and took pre-emptive measures. They took out the garrison and sliced down the flag. England responded by violently slaughtering the natives during ten months of armed conflict, but finally learned its lesson about letting national ego go to your head. They didn’t erect the flag. This being said the lesson was not applied to England’s other conquered nations.

England also loves to condemn Israel, although this isn’t much of a surprise. English anti-Semitism is part of what caused the early-modern Zionist movement-which aside from finding a homeland for the Jews also advocates creating a perfect society free from the flaws of racism that marred Europe and England in the 20th century. What the English media neglects to mention is that the entire conflict began not because the Arabs were racist war mongering maniacs or every single Jew in the Middle East is a Zionist agent. No, it began because the English had control of Palestine and screwed it right the hell up for economic purposes.

You see, England volunteered (oh so selflessly,) to enforce an apartheid like program on the locals of Palestine after the Ottoman Empire diminished. They put white people in charge, because you know putting white people in charge of those oddly hued foreign folk worked so well every other time, and actually quite successful governed the area in a way that benefited the motherland. During WWII, England did fight for the allies (mostly because Germany was seeking to invade England,) but they also went a step further and-like Russia-opened their arms to embrace the Jewish refugees.

What England didn’t realize is that the Jews were fucking refugees. They couldn’t afford to cross large bodies of water and instead of rushing to the motherland ran towards England’s colonies in Africa and the Middle East-namely, Palestine. The British then put absurd regulations on Jewish immigrants into their territory. Not immigrants in general, Jewish immigrants. Well, the Jews had already arrived and had nothing to go back to.

Now, understand that the Arabs AND Muslims, yes those horrible Muslims- welcomed- the Jews. In fact, they got along famously. They built societies together, cleared out swamps, and shared in culture. The Arabs and Muslims treated the Jews far better than the Europeans, English, and Christians. The only other place Jews were welcomed so fervently is America-where they became major contributors to American culture. (Seriously, look up “Jewish-American Author/Literature.”)

But that changed, and there’s a reason. These Jews had nothing to turn back to. So, when England closed their borders to the Jews, they immigrated illegally. Anybody who’s lived in British Columbia, Texas, or some parts of Germany where illegal immigration from India is a major issue knows exactly what happens when you have illegal immigration on large scale. Now triple that and understand that these particular aliens were desperate.

The Arabs began to riot as their jobs were stolen and their land bought by immigrants not subjected to British tax. Arab mobs were lynching Jews and Jewish self defense groups formed and evolved into organized crime and terrorist syndicates such as the “Stern Gang,” which began murdering Arabs. Unlike the Arab mobs, these syndicates weren’t random acts of hazed violence from small numbers of individuals. These were large numbers of Jews working together and pre-meditating murder. The Arabs retaliated as best they could, and the English rulers responded not by trying to diffuse the situation but by discriminating against the Jews. This only caused more chaos as Jews began mobbing British police stations.

Well, Palestine was no longer a financial benefit to the motherland. So, the United Kingdom did what it has always done whenever their colonies aren’t benefiting the motherland, and bailed out. They abandoned the locals to chaos. The United Nations took over and created a two state plan which the Arab League acknowledged as logical and fair but refused to accept.

The Arab League launched a genocidal campaign against the Jews. Even though the Arab League has since admitted its fault in this war, they can also boast that they had the United Kingdom’s silent support. The UK seized English citizens who happened to be Jews and were trying to travel so that they couldn’t join the Jews in Israel. They gave weapons to Arab terrorists but refused to support the Israelites by trading with them.

Well, that conflict-which England probably could’ve prevented-led to the Six Day War which has caused modern conflicts like the recent Gaza massacre.

That’s not all, folks. We cannot forget that the problems in Sudan were also caused by the United Kingdom and prolonged by the United Kingdom. The UK condemns America, and while claiming to be its ally, also released propaganda against the Unites States. They mock America for the War in Iraq, but England took place in that war as well. Not only did they fight in the war, they actually got pissed when Canada refused to do the same. (One reason I like Canada is because that nation clings to its independence. While New Zealand is the UK’s puppet and Australia follows America like a blind duckling Canada said: screw you England, we don’t want a war! This naturally pissed off the ego-maniac they call a queen, who honestly didn’t seem to realize that Canada was a completely independent, sovereign, nation that’s frankly five times the nation the United Kingdom ever was.)

They criticized America for its misinformed intelligence that there were WMDS in Iraq, but the English government came to the same conclusion. The difference is that English media works on an editor opinion basis, while America employ the objectivity approach. The result of the former is that you have many contradicting bits of information from various sources and it’s up to the read to decipher which one is accurate news. Typically, people simply accept whatever they want to hear. The American system of objectivity provides more accurate facts, in general, but it also limits adversity diversity by giving media more uniformity. So, the British can cite its media to claim a position opposite of what it truly held because no matter what the issue different articles are always going to contradict.

Speaking of America, the American founders wanted to abolish slavery. They did not, and with good reason. They knew that many of the colonists being subjected to taxation without representation, and imprisonment without fair trial; forced to house British troops who refused to protect them, and denied the right to their democratic town traditions-not to mention many other trespasses on basic human liberties -were never the less hesitant about rebelling against England.

They’d seen what England does to its enemies in the earlier wars with France in Canada. They were also slave owners. In order for the rebellion to succeed, however, the Americans needed a united front. So they compromised-and luckily it worked. What resulted, however, was the 2/5ths compromise and similar laws supporting slavery which made it dam near impossible to outlaw slavery through peaceful measures.

In the end it became necessary for America to remove slavery by force, and thus the American Civil War began because England refused to acknowledge the rights of its own citizens just because they didn’t live on the motherland. Remember, most of the colonists in America considered themselves English citizens.

The Boston Tea Party has since been romanticized in American history, but this doesn’t reflect the true nation of the convention. The Tea Party was not supported by the majority of the American settlers. The “Sons of Liberty,” and the “Daughters of Liberty,” were individual extremist organizations that lacked popular support. Yet, England decided to punish everybody. To put this in perspective, this would be like bombing America now because something the KKK did.

Anyway, the Civil War was the bloodiest war in American history claiming more lives than the Revolutionary War, WWI, The Philippine War, Vietnam, Operation Just Cause, Desert Storm, and the War in Iraq combined. This could’ve been avoided if the English simply let the colonists govern their own settlements and abolish slavery.

England did abolish slavery before America, but not because it was progressive. No, it abolished it because of a vastly successful slave rebellion which made them fear a similar operation on larger scale in the heart of the motherland.

England has a few good things going for it, don’t get me wrong. But this is a nation where the royalty still dresses in Nazi garbs as ‘humor,’ and where their media intentionally aims to paint negative images of America and Americans. You don’t believe me?

A while back a man was caught having sex with a picnic table. This is really weird, I understand that. I’m bothered not because it made news but because the headline was: “American caught having sex with a picnic table” It was not “Pervert,” “Man,” “Sex Offender,” or anything of the sort. No, they chose the term “American,” quite specifically. I can feel you staring incredulously at the computer screen right now. Don’t believe me?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1583118/American-caught-having-sex-with-picnic-table.html

Why include the “American,” especially when you consider that: A man in Scotland once had sex with his bicycle but this was not announced by the British media. Another man in Wiltshire, England was caught making love to a lamp post, but the British media did not release, “British Man Bangs Lampost.”

We cannot forget that sickening British television broadcast showing edited material to slander the average everyday American.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Interestingly enough, a spiffed American on you tube saw the video and retaliated by making one of his own with the exact same results. Both videos were edited and nationalistic, but it was the British media that actually made a televised ordeal out of this. Why they have an audience slandering somebody on whom they essentially rely on for defense I do not know.

They claim that their aggression towards us stems from one of two major factors. First, we’re a selfish ally. That one I’m willing to grant, though to a much lesser degree than England. Now, this may seem like it’s just an American perspective, it’s not. I learned about the revolutionary war while I lived in Germany, for example. As far as England being a selfish ally, that’s also something that other nations acknowledge. Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are all so fed up with England that all three have discussed breaking off from the common wealth. Second, they claim that that America doesn’t care about the world.

Interestingly enough, even under the Bush Administration we’ve done more for the environment the United Kingdom. We’ve actually done more to cut down on the emission of green house gases than the entire European Union. They attack us nevertheless for causing so much green house gas, completely ignoring the fact that we have the third largest population in the world. Their policy is hardly as friendly as ours, it’s simply that we don’t have as much land or as sparse a population as a nation like Canada.

Ignoring the environment, let’s look at humanitarian aid effort. During the major tsunami incident America sent more aid than afflicted areas than any other nation, and-here’s the amazing part-actually spent just as much money making sure that the money we already donated got to where it needed got be. Yet, England criticized us for not giving enough. America gives more to humanitarian aid efforts across the globe than any other nation-all this while we’re deeper in debt and have a larger deficit than ever before in the history of our nation. Yet, we’re still not doing enough to live up to England’s expectations. We’re doing more for the environment than the United Kingdom, but that’s not enough FOR the United Kingdom. We’re doing more for our allies and rivals alike than the United Kingdom, but that’s not enough FOR the UK either.

The European Dream highlights a series of ways that Europe is superior to America. You can see this posted in the “America is not Number One,” thread here on crunchy roll. The interesting thing about the statistics it cites is that it doesn’t say, “England,” or “Germany,” or any one nation is superior to America in this fashion. No, it says “The European Union.” For example, “The European Union produces more scientific papers than America…”

I find it interesting that America is being compared to a large conglomerate of nations. Can England not stack by itself? Is it so desperate that flaunt its superiority to America that it has to take collective responsibility for the accomplishments of an entire union? Are these states not each independent, sovereign nation’s that simply happen to be united under similar collective interests?

What are your opinions and observations?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/09
Great thread. I find it amusing that England doesn't discuss this much, and how they are heavily critical of America. I think they are just jealous of the US, especially considering we broke off from them. Jealousy can drive people to do and believe crazy things.
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/15/09
I've seen some pretty racist people from England online before, so i'm not really surprised.
But this doesn't mean i'm supporting America cause America also have a pretty bad name anyway.
This article won't make America look like the innocent one.
Posted 6/15/09 , edited 6/16/09
Yes,they did a tonne of stuff horribly wrong but,who the hell hasn't? yes i know i do have a huge bias as a non Afrikaans south african living in canada so yes i do tend to see them as,more than anything else,a lesser of two evils,i mean come on the boers were freaking monsters in the orange "free" state and the transvaal(just to make this clear,dutch use of dumdums on innocent civilians is one of the worst things any human race has ever done), the things they had done to them during the war however were just as bad of course,britain after all did invent the concentration camp and other such things.

But the main thing,and one of the only things,i disagree with is what you said about britain abolishing slavery... yes there was a rebellion,but the effects of the rebellion were nowhere near as important to the lobbying in the house of commons by the abolitionists,they are the reason it came to end and just to ask,is it a good thing to sort of want to abandon slavery but dont because its unpopular(and maybe because u dont want to clean your own clothes) and the american founding fathers did is such an amazing good thing but abandoning slavery partly because it will help the economy is horrible?should they have not abandoned it then until even more abolitionists came around?and if you think that it was excusable to keep slavery in the states because of their "good causes" did britain NOT have these good causes?what were they?that the economy would suffer?so would britains economy,that people would get mad?british people got mad too you know.
(and seriously,watch the movie Amazing Grace,i know its not all accurate but its still a damned good movie about that sort of thing,even if they did leave out the fact that Olaudah Equino owned slaves and a plantation in Jamaica)

O and something else,before trying to say that the founding fathers were some kind of benevolent loving people remember that the whole revolution was an excuse to be able to kill more natives than even england would let them kill and also, the american leaders told everyone that god gave them the right to kill all non-white and non-american people(the mexicans,natives and brits)and they would go to heaven for doing so (much like a couple of other extremist rebels who shall remain nameless)...they called in Manifestation Destiny,and to me, that is an even more horrific idea than hitler's Mein Kampf,which i have never actually read so i dont even know if thats a good comparison but whatever.

The part about how much money they've given to such and such causes well...is that in total or percentage wise because if its in total,then do you seriously think,in any chance that britain even could give more without taking away the spending from healthcare or schools or the army or whatever... you have a bigger economy and more money to give,britain may have actually given more in percentages( i somehow doubt that of course but...its still a possibility,right?)and the complaint then could have been about since u were making so much more,you could have given more(again, that IS speculation and it is most probably wrong but i just wanted to ask to make sure.)

Finally, when getting mad about having America compared to the EU,you must remember there are a few less people in all of the EU combined then in the US(or actually wait...are there? i cant remember anymore),and there in under half the land(that i do know for sure), if you compared the US to any EU nation on its own,well it wouldnt be fair, like ten times the population of england in over 35 times the land(15 frances can go into canada and like 10 britains can go into france and since america is smaller...lets just say around 35-ish) and you have millions of tonnes more available metals,lumber,oil, factories,scientists,universities etc so actually,the fact that a group of countries smaller than the states manages to produce more scientific papers than the wealthiest nation on earth,that fact is actually somewhat impressive,just as the fact that britain alone has a GDP thats about a third of the size of yours,considering how small and barren their country is that is quite a feat.

nobody is perfect,we all killed people,we all had slaves(even black people had black and white and arab slaves, we all did genocides,and the sooner we can get over that the sooner we can start the new world order crap everybody keeps talking about wanting to start. If europe stops complaining about america while copying themand america stops complaining about imperialism while forcing its will on foreign nations in order to plunder natural resources we will all get along a hell of a lot better...its history,you can't change it and no amount of blame can change that so just shut up both sides and deal with more important problems.

(Yes by the way,i am VERY aware of my own blatant hypocrisy i would be very happy if you would not comment on that)
Posted 6/16/09
Most of the idiots who read this thread will probably put: TL;DR as their answer.

Doesn't really change my opinion about America, even though I do understand what you're saying.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/09

Adaephon wrote:

Yes,they did a tonne of stuff horribly wrong but,who the hell hasn't?]


That’s completely true. Like you pointed out lower in your post, the American founding fathers were not all saints themselves. America has done some terrible stuff too. The point I’m making is that England sits around picking at every other nation while teaching nationalism to its own people. The English media loves to attack EVERYTHING America does wrong while neglecting to mention that England has and continues to do everything America does and more.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 6/16/09 , edited 6/16/09
Britain has done some pretty bad things to the world, I put it right up there with the US on the list of "countries to blame for the world being so messed up." In the past, Britain has probably done alot worse than the US, but we've had this Anglo-American world empire going on for a long time now, and it's still going on. So there's no point in really comparing them in terms of their more current affairs with other countries.

Socially, I think Europeans in general think Americans are stupid, well actually Canadians (like me) do too. Alot of Americans, especially in the south, have this "redneck" image. Maybe because it's still such a fundamentalist, religious society when compared to others. Maybe it's the ridiculous media and news that so obviously and shamelessly shows how corrupt everything there is. And plus you had George Bush elected twice in a row. If the elections aren't rigged, then that says alot to the world lol.

And btw, I think Britain was very pro-Zionist, and so after Britain left they expected a Jewish state to be made, and so the Zionists could carry out the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.


There's a Canadian show I'm gonna look for where a comedian goes to the US and asks random people about Canada. He says things like "So what do you think of Canada opening it's first university?" And the Americans are so ridiculously ignorant about everything it's almost depressing. But mostly it's funny.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 6/16/09 , edited 6/16/09
Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@
1244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/09

Yei wrote:

Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@


http://www.viruscomix.com/page461.html

worry about your own fortunes
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 6/16/09

blaaps wrote:


Yei wrote:

Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@


http://www.viruscomix.com/page461.html

worry about your own fortunes


lol Stephen Harper isn't that bad of a Prime Minister, he's just quiet and awkward.
1244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/09

Yei wrote:


blaaps wrote:


Yei wrote:

Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@


http://www.viruscomix.com/page461.html

worry about your own fortunes


lol Stephen Harper isn't that bad of a Prime Minister, he's just quiet and awkward.


really because most of the people I've heard from Canada think he's a royal grade A fuckberry, my point is that most people in the U.S. right are to busy worried about the economy, or the rapid transition our healthcare system is trying to make, or the war in Iraq, or the unemployment spike that recently occurred or any of the other dozens of things that matter more then Canada right now
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/09 , edited 6/17/09

Yei wrote:

Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@


The Prime Minister is Stephen Harper, that one’s easy. I’m not sure about the capital. Is it Ottawa? Well, I know the basic stuff. You have a Prime Minister, you’re a commonwealth state, you’re a major trade partner with the US, that kind of jazz. From my visit to British Columbia I also know that you apparently have a homeless problem, nobody in Canada gives a shit about Canadian politics, there’s an oddly large number of Chinese immigrants, and that Canada is steeped with aesthetic landscape.

As far as that video, it’s amusing but you could do it to most anyone. I’m from Germany, what all do you know about my home country? I mean, if somebody with a German accent showed up at your place and started telling you weird stories about German money you might be a bit hesitant to correct them. Here’s an example.

In Germany we now use the Euros. When I was growing up there, however, we were still using the Deutsche Mark. What’s interesting about the DM is that the value of the bill is directly proportional to the size of the bill. The large bills are worth more. Now, that’s actually a true story. You can look it up. But, knowing that I could come along, explain this, and then casually insert something absurd. Like, “You know how on those television shows you have huge checks? Well, our millionaires actually have giant sized Deutsche Marks.”

I do think it’s strange. Anybody can tell you the capital of France or the United Kingdom, anybody can tell you that the English have a queen, or name of the British Prince. (Harry made himself famous by pointing out that he’s a racist ass.) The problem is that, both of these countries are essentially irrelevant. Canada is America’s number one trade partner and, unlike England and France, Canada is awesome. It’s strange that we’d know so much about France and England while being utterly ignorant of Canada…I mean, it’s RIGHT THERE. We still have Canadian coinage rolling around in our trade system.

Also, the American people refused to elect Bush the first time. Look it up, he lost the popular elections and only got into office because of the Electoral College. (Which was put in place to regulate the tyranny of the majority and keep a candidate from winning only on support from one side of the country…sounds stupid, but if you look up the history, the electoral college has save our nation before. Just not this time.) The second time we elected Bush because our only other option was Kerry.

This is the error of the two party system. You either get Bush or Kerry, Obama or McCain. I actually liked McCain but he had to choose PALIN as his VP…

By the way, somebody should make a thread about Canada....

Anywho, here are some other videos you might like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pltgk3Y0Omw - Americans are stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCrE4IoSsY - Germans are stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4 -British are stupid
Posted 6/17/09

digs wrote:

Great thread. I find it amusing that England doesn't discuss this much, and how they are heavily critical of America. I think they are just jealous of the US, especially considering we broke off from them. Jealousy can drive people to do and believe crazy things.


the us steel the english invenchuns so there not jellus there just agenst that y whould england be jelus of the us hahaha sirusley the us gumverment suks no guverment lisuns
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 6/17/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Yei wrote:

Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

XDDD Americans lol

Wow, I understated it. George Bush and his people along with alot of other politicians are all so ignorant. And btw, do you guys have a basic knowledge of Canada? Like what's the capital or who the Prime Minister is?

omg at the end: "That's disgraceful, that people are that unaware of the world that they live in." Irony overdose @_@


The Prime Minister is Stephen Harper, that one’s easy. I’m not sure about the capital. Is it Ottawa? Well, I know the basic stuff. You have a Prime Minister, you’re a commonwealth state, you’re a major trade partner with the US, that kind of jazz. From my visit to British Columbia I also know that you apparently have a homeless problem, nobody in Canada gives a shit about Canadian politics, there’s an oddly large number of Chinese immigrants, and that Canada is steeped with aesthetic landscape.

As far as that video, it’s amusing but you could do it to most anyone. I’m from Germany, what all do you know about my home country? I mean, if somebody with a German accent showed up at your place and started telling you weird stories about German money you might be a bit hesitant to correct them. Here’s an example.

In Germany we now use the Euros. When I was growing up there, however, we were still using the Deutsche Mark. What’s interesting about the DM is that the value of the bill is directly proportional to the size of the bill. The large bills are worth more. Now, that’s actually a true story. You can look it up. But, knowing that I could come along, explain this, and then casually insert something absurd. Like, “You know how on those television shows you have huge checks? Well, our millionaires actually have giant sized Deutsche Marks.”

I do think it’s strange. Anybody can tell you the capital of France or the United Kingdom, anybody can tell you that the English have a queen, or name of the British Prince. (Harry made himself famous by pointing out that he’s a racist ass.) The problem is that, both of these countries are essentially irrelevant. Canada is America’s number one trade partner and, unlike England and France, Canada is awesome. It’s strange that we’d know so much about France and England while being utterly ignorant of Canada…I mean, it’s RIGHT THERE. We still have Canadian coinage rolling around in our trade system.

Also, the American people refused to elect Bush the first time. Look it up, he lost the popular elections and only got into office because of the Electoral College. (Which was put in place to regulate the tyranny of the majority and keep a candidate from winning only on support from one side of the country…sounds stupid, but if you look up the history, the electoral college has save our nation before. Just not this time.) The second time we elected Bush because our only other option was Kerry.

This is the error of the two party system. You either get Bush or Kerry, Obama or McCain. I actually liked McCain but he had to choose PALIN as his VP…

By the way, somebody should make a thread about Canada....

Anywho, here are some other videos you might like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pltgk3Y0Omw - Americans are stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCrE4IoSsY - Germans are stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4 -British are stupid



I thought that stupid Americans vid was fake. "How many sides does a triangle have?" Come on, I think it's obviously set up.

I don't think you can do it to almost anyone, if you ask questions about German politics and leaders, I'm sure people all over would get things wrong. But if someone told me Germany was thinking of opening it's first university or starting it's first newspaper, I would know that they were not being serious. Our capital building in Canada is an igloo, and a downscale model of a downscale model of the whitehouse? Seriously, even the governor fell for that? Legalizing VCR's and staplers? And we don't have a 24-hour clock??? That's kind of embarrassing, especially when political leaders fall for that stuff.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/09 , edited 6/17/09

Yei wrote:
I thought that stupid Americans vid was fake. "How many sides does a triangle have?" Come on, I think it's obviously set up.

I don't think you can do it to almost anyone, if you ask questions about German politics and leaders, I'm sure people all over would get things wrong. But if someone told me Germany was thinking of opening it's first university or starting it's first newspaper, I would know that they were not being serious. Our capital building in Canada is an igloo, and a downscale model of a downscale model of the whitehouse? Seriously, even the governor fell for that? Legalizing VCR's and staplers? And we don't have a 24-hour clock??? That's kind of embarrassing, especially when political leaders fall for that stuff.


It's not set up, it's a trick. They make the people think they're about to ask a hard question and then ask something really simple so that they over think it. You'd be surprised how effective that is. I didn’t get far through the video, did a governor really fall for it? And sure, you wouldn't fall for it. But I bet there are plenty of Canadians who would.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.