First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Why did/ didn't you get a Crunchyroll anime membership?
60164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Third rock from t...
Offline
Posted 6/12/09 , edited 6/12/09

Mahzes wrote:

So, why did you get your anime membership? What made you want it? Was HD video quality and early access the main draw for you? What about the ethical side of it? To what extent was ethics a factor in you choosing an anime membership?



None of the above. I was able to pay for the membership at that time, and therefore decided that it is best to do so. It was an investment in a possibility of shows being available online for viewers.

CR allows a large number of people to view shows that they would not have viewed otherwise. Even though there is a membership, after a week anyone will be able to watch the shows here for free. I liked that idea. After all it usually takes more than a week for fansubbers to sub an episode, and given that they have a life, the release dates of fansubs were not certain. This was a good way of having a reliable and convenient way of watching shows online.

There are regional restrictions in place, but I think that some time in the future there will be a possibility of removing these restriction. Right now what CR and other such sites such as Hulu are doing is relatively new, and if proven to be a success that it could open doors to better possibilities.


Mahzes wrote:
Also, how do you feel knowing that certain groups such as Horriblesubs are stealing Crunchyroll content and uploading it elsewhere for free? Do you see that as one less reason to have an anime membership? Will you renew your membership once it expires, or does knowing you can still get the content for free put you off wanting to keep it?


Horriblesubs...never liked that group. Their intention seems more to bring down CR then help anime viewers.
The usual reason many have given to watch shows 'illegally' was there they is no other way to access the show or the other means were too expensive. Horriblesubs showed that there are a large number of people who just want to watch shows for free and do not like waiting for it. But it can't be helped, and you can't really blame those who watch it especially those in the restricted areas.

Yes I plan to renew my membership.


60164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Third rock from t...
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

Ujirik wrote:

Edit: Also because they removed the 6 month/12 month subscriptions and I don't like recurring 30 day subs.


The 6 month and 12 month subscriptions is still available.

708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / home
Offline
Posted 6/12/09
i didn't get because its a waste of money it just gives you more access if you can afford it and if you want to get it then just get it
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Glasgow, UK
Offline
Posted 6/12/09
I want to support the Anime Industry and by being a anime member in CR its a good way to start.
CR, have a good number of anime archive and its growing its good.
Shinji is getting more things like Dramas back in CR which is even better.

It make me lean more to be an Anime Member.

HOWEVER...

I won't be a member and never will be for now even with the best quality streaming and HD content.
Why? Regions. That's why. The value of the same membership is different in regions and I am in a region which make me go for Fansubs.

Wow, nice series... I want to watch... 'click'..... "We're sorry x series is not available in your region".......

Go Google and get the torrent. Good bye CR...
8179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/09
First of all region blocks, second I haven´t rly got money to spend on this and lastly I´m patient enough to wait one week
25146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

holy_may wrote:


bear4886 wrote:

I know that HorribleSubs only do it to piss off Shinji, after all, they don't really care of what the others thinks of them.

I am quite fond to fansubs, especially Quality ones. I know all my sources through Anidb.net as some people rated the fansubbers for each anime that were subbed by the group. Yet, you do need experience to know which subber is more appropriate for you as some are more literal than the others.

I only bought I think 4 anime DVD, 3-4 episodes for 33$ each DVD -_- talk about being ripped off... Until I discovered by source, I guess it was worth the trouble of spending a nights lurking around the Internet.

My idea would be in one word, Partnership. Funimation should put more effort on the DVD sales and leave the streaming to Crunchyroll while putting advertisement on this same site. It is quite an ingenious idea but seriously, in these time of recession, they shouldn't bother with such rivalry if there is one.


Wow HorribleSubs is only doing it to piss off shinji, very interesting. I wonder if there is a thread around here about why?

Sorry to get off topic.

Also about the rivalry between funimation and crunchyroll, do not take what I say at face value about it. It just makes sense that there is one considering that once crunchyroll gets the rights to a show and has it on the site what is the point of going to funimation to buy it when it will be free here after some time.

Not to hate on non paying members but the format of this site should be changed so there is more of a benefit of paying the 7 dollars. I'm not saying it isn't well worth it, imo. Just that give people who watch anime for free on this site an incentive to buy into this site. Do something like making it so non paying members cannot access the library and they can only access the simulcasts at a certain showing time as if this is like watching T.V.

Maybe it is way to early for something like that. This site probably needs more decent subs and dubs like cowboy bebop, black lagoon, major seasons 1-5, and any anime made by the studio Bones.

Not trying to bring the anyone down but this site has more girly anime and kid (ages 14 and down) anime then anything else, while the biggest group of anime watchers who can actually pay is ignored. (males ages 15+)

Wow I think I've gone waaaay to off topic for this forum.

To get back on topic with the ethics part of this, being a non paying member of this site is kinda like being a member of a fansub site and getting anime for free.

Here are some ethical questions to pose for your dissertation.

1. Is it stealing if the person having stuff taken from him doesn't care that it is being taken?

2. Is it stealing if you never get caught and never will get caught? (this is kinda like if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound question)

3. What is the worth of anime you get for free and what is the worth of the anime you pay for?

4. What is the age of most people on this site and what country do they come from? (while this isn't an ethical question it affects the ethics of everyone on here)

5. What is Crunchyroll attempting to gain by charging money?

37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

bear4886 wrote:


holy_may wrote:

I know that HorribleSubs only do it to piss off Shinji, after all, they don't really care of what the others thinks of them.

I am quite fond to fansubs, especially Quality ones. I know all my sources through Anidb.net as some people rated the fansubbers for each anime that were subbed by the group. Yet, you do need experience to know which subber is more appropriate for you as some are more literal than the others.

I only bought I think 4 anime DVD, 3-4 episodes for 33$ each DVD -_- talk about being ripped off... Until I discovered by source, I guess it was worth the trouble of spending a nights lurking around the Internet.

My idea would be in one word, Partnership. Funimation should put more effort on the DVD sales and leave the streaming to Crunchyroll while putting advertisement on this same site. It is quite an ingenious idea but seriously, in these time of recession, they shouldn't bother with such rivalry if there is one.


Wow HorribleSubs is only doing it to piss off shinji, very interesting. I wonder if there is a thread around here about why?

Sorry to get off topic.

Also about the rivalry between funimation and crunchyroll, do not take what I say at face value about it. It just makes sense that there is one considering that once crunchyroll gets the rights to a show and has it on the site what is the point of going to funimation to buy it when it will be free here after some time.

Not to hate on non paying members but the format of this site should be changed so there is more of a benefit of paying the 7 dollars. I'm not saying it isn't well worth it, imo. Just that give people who watch anime for free on this site an incentive to buy into this site. Do something like making it so non paying members cannot access the library and they can only access the simulcasts at a certain showing time as if this is like watching T.V.

Maybe it is way to early for something like that. This site probably needs more decent subs and dubs like cowboy bebop, black lagoon, major seasons 1-5, and any anime made by the studio Bones.

Not trying to bring the anyone down but this site has more girly anime and kid (ages 14 and down) anime then anything else, while the biggest group of anime watchers who can actually pay is ignored. (males ages 15+)

Wow I think I've gone waaaay to off topic for this forum.

To get back on topic with the ethics part of this, being a non paying member of this site is kinda like being a member of a fansub site and getting anime for free.

Here are some ethical questions to pose for your dissertation.

1. Is it stealing if the person having stuff taken from him doesn't care that it is being taken?

2. Is it stealing if you never get caught and never will get caught? (this is kinda like if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound question)

3. What is the worth of anime you get for free and what is the worth of the anime you pay for?

4. What is the age of most people on this site and what country do they come from? (while this isn't an ethical question it affects the ethics of everyone on here)

5. What is Crunchyroll attempting to gain by charging money?



About the subs, it can never be compared to fansubbers for these reasons
- color effect/ Karaoke by fansubbers
- Translation references notes
- the current way that crunchyroll input the subtitle is quite lame as it will always result to white fonts


As for the anime watchers majority, Naruto is simply fail, and Crunchyroll can't seem to leave the past behind.
From a glimpse of the animelist of Crunchyroll, I will have to agree with you on this one. Drama aren't doesn't have any concern in this thread.


for those 5 questions

1. piracy will always exist, just look at the music industry

2. you will never know, some get caught for porn and yet, no one can anticipate it

3. the REC button existed on VHS, does it make it worth something? No necessarily

4. the obvious, the teens use Internet of the time

5. gaining more rights to streaming, or improvement on the website + bandwidth cost is quite high
24494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

Baka-God wrote:

First off, it's because of the Region Blocks; the anime I can watch is limited here.

The HD quality isn't what I would say good, nor bad, but streaming takes a lot of bandwidth. and you'll have more chances of encountering virus. The anime-companies are made to have profit, but fansubbers does it out of freewill, then of course do I support the fansubbers <33

I think that paying I don't know how much for a anime membership, isn't worth it. I'm mainly here for the forums, or have a chit chat with my ''buddies''

Frankly, do I support Horriblesubs, and the people who rip offs the anime here, and uploads it or let us, people who're living in a state which have problems with ''watching anime'' here on crunchyroll, download it.

Screw the anime companies.



CR Doesn't have HD quality -_- this has been told already ages ago by some dude here at CR. Can't remember who though.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

darkoff wrote:


Baka-God wrote:

First off, it's because of the Region Blocks; the anime I can watch is limited here.

The HD quality isn't what I would say good, nor bad, but streaming takes a lot of bandwidth. and you'll have more chances of encountering virus. The anime-companies are made to have profit, but fansubbers does it out of freewill, then of course do I support the fansubbers <33

I think that paying I don't know how much for a anime membership, isn't worth it. I'm mainly here for the forums, or have a chit chat with my ''buddies''

Frankly, do I support Horriblesubs, and the people who rip offs the anime here, and uploads it or let us, people who're living in a state which have problems with ''watching anime'' here on crunchyroll, download it.

Screw the anime companies.



CR Doesn't have HD quality -_- this has been told already ages ago by some dude here at CR. Can't remember who though.


If I recall, it was AnimeKami . I do know that crunchyroll doesn't ''support'' HD quality, but at least the quality is better than other streaming site's.
Mahzes 
82136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England, UK
Online
Posted 6/12/09
Not trying to be a downer, but can we try and keep this as on-topic as possible?

So far the main reasons for not getting one seem to be region blocks and the fact that Horriblesubs rip the things for free. Oh, and lack of proper HD quality.

For the people who don't like the quality of the subtitles on here, does that mean you don't like the fact that Horriblesubs just do a direct rip, and would prefer actual fansubs?

And let me throw out another question here actually, that might be slightly at a tangent, but still;

Has Crunchyroll affected your anime DVD buying patterns or intention to buy, at all? What were your anime DVD buying habits before Crunchyroll, and what are they now? Personally before Crunchyroll, I'd buy the Naruto DVDs for the sake of owning them legally (I have all of part 1 on DVD.). But now, I feel less inclined to buy the DVDs, especially as an anime member. If I bought the DVDs, I'd feel like I was paying twice for the same content.

Oh, and another question, actually; If you're an anime member, do you still download the Horriblesubs rips (or other fansubs) of Crunchyroll content at all? And if so, why?


Posted 6/12/09

Baka-God wrote:


darkoff wrote:


Baka-God wrote:

First off, it's because of the Region Blocks; the anime I can watch is limited here.

The HD quality isn't what I would say good, nor bad, but streaming takes a lot of bandwidth. and you'll have more chances of encountering virus. The anime-companies are made to have profit, but fansubbers does it out of freewill, then of course do I support the fansubbers <33

I think that paying I don't know how much for a anime membership, isn't worth it. I'm mainly here for the forums, or have a chit chat with my ''buddies''

Frankly, do I support Horriblesubs, and the people who rip offs the anime here, and uploads it or let us, people who're living in a state which have problems with ''watching anime'' here on crunchyroll, download it.

Screw the anime companies.



CR Doesn't have HD quality -_- this has been told already ages ago by some dude here at CR. Can't remember who though.


If I recall, it was AnimeKami . I do know that crunchyroll doesn't ''support'' HD quality, but at least the quality is better than other streaming site's.


Crunchyroll anime membership
and i have memberships at other streaming site's

13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 6/12/09

Frederica-Sawyer wrote:


Baka-God wrote:


darkoff wrote:


Baka-God wrote:

First off, it's because of the Region Blocks; the anime I can watch is limited here.

The HD quality isn't what I would say good, nor bad, but streaming takes a lot of bandwidth. and you'll have more chances of encountering virus. The anime-companies are made to have profit, but fansubbers does it out of freewill, then of course do I support the fansubbers <33

I think that paying I don't know how much for a anime membership, isn't worth it. I'm mainly here for the forums, or have a chit chat with my ''buddies''

Frankly, do I support Horriblesubs, and the people who rip offs the anime here, and uploads it or let us, people who're living in a state which have problems with ''watching anime'' here on crunchyroll, download it.

Screw the anime companies.



CR Doesn't have HD quality -_- this has been told already ages ago by some dude here at CR. Can't remember who though.


If I recall, it was AnimeKami . I do know that crunchyroll doesn't ''support'' HD quality, but at least the quality is better than other streaming site's.


Crunchyroll anime membership
and i have memberships at other streaming site's



Your point is?
67888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/12/09
There are several reasons for why I chose to purchase a anime membership.

The first one was because I really liked Crunchyroll once I got to join it's community. I liked the fact that they took the chance to stream all those wonderful anime series on here. And when I heard they we're starting to get into some serious business by starting to stream Naruto Shippuuden, I was like whoa. And saw that the anime membership was only 59$ a year and I decided to buy it because it's not much money for me at all.

I was disappointed when I noticed the content block, but a personal setup proxy server sorted that out :D.
Posted 6/12/09
some sites
you have to download the anime first
and or there are to many adds
Posted 6/12/09
bakero..

buying a anime membership is morethan a donate or a subscription
crunchy will help you to watch latest video and you will help crunchy by paying 7$ in anime membership

to all people have a ANime membership are

1,dont have a Talent for Searching in the web
2. or he's just a lame and buy whatever they wants
3.they just want to support anime company like crunchy

the only diffrence between in piracy and original are the Quality and The Quality of Subs

but what if you know a site where can watch Anime for free ( same quality )

so do you still need to pay with it

so be it

-baka
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.